Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• piczkapiczka Posts: 2
    Car man,
    Just received a quote for 24 month, 24K 2006 530i steptronic, cold, premium. MSRP 51,020 selling 48,725. inception fee [includes first month payment] 858.43 assignment fee 625. Residual 72% MF 0.001550.
    What do you think? Seems fair to me. monthly payment $618.15 + 6% tax= $655.23 per month.

Piczka
  • tvlcnxtvlcnx Posts: 1
    Greetings from South Carolina!! Long story but my husband left me for another woman and I need a car as the lease is up on "our" Mercedes CLK500. I would really appreciate any help with my first time lease. Please see below the car I'm interested in and quote from local dealer:

2006 Black BMW 525i, Sport Package w/Beige Leather,Steptronic Transmission - $49,865.00 @ 24 months, 15000 miles, and $3000.00 down. Quote $625.00 per month but really need a lower payment. Your thoughts are greatly appreciated!!!!!
  • I am wondering if there is a website to find out the current BMW lease numbers (money factor and residual in particular).

Thanks.
  • kobiokobio Posts: 2
    In Southern California we have the Sierra Nevadas and of course there's always after surfing. It's sooo nice to heat your bum after a nice refreshing surf in the morning!
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    can sit there totally relaxed as you watch the latest brushfire or mudslide in serene comfort.

That place is sooo not where I would want to be.
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    Hey, tvlcnx, head on over to the Luxury Performance Sedans board and you will get a ton of info and alternatives that will suit your payment needs. Right off the top of my head, you could actually purchase Chrysler 300C SRT8 for the same money you'd be sinking into that 525i. Leasing it would probably cut a good $200 dollars from that payment. Not to mention, you could blow the doors off your (soon to be) ex-husband and his mistress when you see them on the road. ;)

Anyway, sorry about your situation. But keep your head up! I've been through the reverse situation and I can tell you that life gets better when they're gone. :)
  • But just think--you can outrace those nasty brushfires and mudslides in your 5er... :P
  • kobiokobio Posts: 2
    That's right, and don't forget xdrive will help...and of course BMW assist always comes in handy for such natural disaster annoyances. I don't know how I ever managed here in So Cal without these saviors!
  • piczkapiczka Posts: 2
    Anyone have a chance to evaluate message #327?

Thanks
  • That looks pretty good.. I think the residual is 74% on the 12K/yr lease, not 72% (and, that is the only way the numbers work out). The acquisition fee is rolled into the cap cost, right?

If you make the security deposit, you can drop your money factor to .0014, and the base payment will drop to $605/mo.+tax.. I recommend doing that.. $120 annual return on $650 is pretty darn good... and the $650 will come back to you at the end of the lease...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• sls1sls1 Posts: 36
    2006 bmw 530i, auto, sirius, leather seats, 12miles year 0down, $650 sec deposit. Gross capitalized cost $49,470.00, residual value $38,195. Monthly payment $592.00.

How did I fair?
  • How many months? MSRP?

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• sls1sls1 Posts: 36
    oops thought I included everything. 24 months. msrp $50,000 plus (dont have exact # in frontof me)
  • jvosjvos Posts: 55
    Information really is power. Armed with your lease rate info, I got my dealer to drop the MF from .0018 to .0014. I'm going in on Monday for a test drive.
  • mrbig1mrbig1 Posts: 5
    Any clue what type of numbers we are talking about here ? I was told with sport and navi and smg around 8-900 a month with about 2k total down. Anyone else with some info on this ?
  • eights38eights38 Posts: 137
    mrbig1:

2006 BMW 550
    MSRP: $63,195
    Selling Price: $61,195
    Residual: 71% (24 months / 12k miles per year)
    Money Factor: .00260
    Lease: $956.06 + applicable tax

Residual: 62% (36 months / 12k miles per year)
    Money Factor: .00260
    Lease: $872.48 + applicable tax + Inception fees due at signing (first month's payment, security deposit, documentation fee, bank fee, motor vehicle fee, applicable taxes and fees)

The lease rates on the 525 and 530 are substantially better.

Hope this helps,
    Auto Advisors
  • spakaspaka Posts: 2
    I just got following quote on 06 525i with cold, premium, and automatic transmission.

3 yr 12k/yr with 1st payment down ---
    $676 (includes MI sales tax)

3 yr 15k/yr with 1st payment down ---
    $698 (includes MI sales tax)

Any comments on the above deal please?

Should I go for 2 yr or 3 yr lease?

Appreciate your help.

Thx,
    Sam
  • spakaspaka Posts: 2
    Piczka,
    I am in MI too and thinking about leasing BMW, not sure 525i or 530i. Do you really see the need for xi in Michigan? Looks like you are getting a good deal, do you mind which dealer you got this from?

spaka
This discussion has been closed.