Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi, I am looking to lease a 528i, 12k miles per year, 36 months. The MSRP on the car I want is $53,795.

Total drive off I will pay no problem. But I don't want to put money down. 750 credit score. What price range is considered good for a lease on a car with these specs? I wanted to get insight here before talking to the dealers.

Thank you in advance for your help!
  • just leased 2012 535i with tech, premium

MSRP: 58025
    Cap price: 49500
    36 month lease 10k miles
    2k down which included ac fees, dealer fees etc
    MF 0.00145
    residual 3 yrs at 57%
    credit score: 786

purchased wear and tear only. $1250

monthly including everything: $673.

good deal?
  • You definitely are on the right track, drofnats, if you are able to lease this car for invoice minus the cash incentives with the use of the buy rate lease money factor. .00145 is the lowest possible money factor on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello armitagemike. BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 528xi with 12,000 miles per year are .00145 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2012 model are .00145 and 58%.

If you were to lease with only 10,000 miles per year, these cars' residual values would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • I am need of major help. I am to leasing and have been really do my research but I am still lost. I am going to look into a 2012 528i. I emailed a dealer and this is what he sent me:

(I do have the perfect car for you with the color combination you want. It’s actually a Factory Demo which has only 1,666 miles on it but the lease comes out to be better. It’s got the basic packages you need.

The MSRP is $56,095

We have it advertised for $50,981 (discount of $5100). If you are a current BMW customer you also get an additional $1,250 from BMW!!!!

Rates and programs have never been better on the 528i.

Let’s say that with 2,000 total drive off / 36 month lease. Difference in payment between 10k and 12k is $15.00

Average Monthly is $615 + tax (on approved credit) and this is for 10k miles per year. Residual is 59%

I really need help on what I should ask next. He did not give me the details and break down on the car yet. If this has the so called basic options than why would the msrp so high? The invoice on a basic is about 43,330. Since this has some miles on it would I be able to negotiate an extra discount because I would have to pay for it? They are also offering a $2500 option allowance am I able to apply that to MSD? I have a crappy credit score of 570. Another dealership is also offering a $1000 dealer cash on the same car, would I be able to ask for it here also? Thanks in advance.
  • Car Man can you tell me what the residual would be on a 2013 BMW 535xi with 15000 miles is?
  • Car_man-

Lease offer for 535i 2012 manager demo car with 5kmiles
    Msrp 63k
    Cap 54200
    MF 0.00125
    RV 57% 10K miles
    Monthly 668 tax inc
    Down would be about 2k to include first month, bank fee, registration.

Problem is I have a BMW lease 2009 model with 2 payments left costing 950.
    They're not willing to pay off my current lease. If I eat the 950 will this be a good deal? Or is there something else I can do? I checked the buy off on my current lease and its less than the current trade in value. So buying my current lease and then selling it is not an option.

Thnka for your help. Cheers.
  • This isn't carman but it seems like you could do better.

I just leased a 2012 with an msrp of 65,745 for 670 with 3500 all in.

Brand new 12k per year including tax.

Hope this helps.
  • 2012 535i

10K/36 mo
    MSRP 55745
    RV 57%
    MF .00145
    Prem/XM Sat
    $3500 BMW, $750 loyalty, $2500 dealer discount
    $1k due at signing inc 1st mo payment/$625 inc tax

Is this a good deal?
  • The only way to evaluate a lease is to know:

1 MSRP
    2 Negotiated sale price
    3 Money factor
    4 residual

It is highly advised on this board and others that one does not put money down to lower payment.
    state taxes vary so independent of lease
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 262
    edited October 2012
    Not really. You use these four numbers to calculate a lease payment, but the only number that actually counts is the monthly payment, I assume $0 OOP. MSRP is only important to specify how much car you getting.

E.g $63K BMW 535 for $600 per month for 36 month, 12K miles per year is a great value, $750 per month for the same car and terms - not so much.
  • kaz12kaz12 Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    Hi,
    I need some help here. I was wondering what is the right amount of money to put down with monthly lease for this http://www.motorwerksbmw.com/detail-2012-bmw-5_series-4dr_sdn_535i_xdrive_awd-ne- - w-9135769.html

I was thinking in terms of $3500 down with $600 monthly lease. Is it still high or is it a good deal if it works out?

Thanks.
  • Hi repete81. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 535xi with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • HI friedcfood. Including all of the available cash incentives, there is probably a spread of a little over $8,000 between this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price. That puts the selling price that you were quoted at around $800 under invoice...plus the use of an attractive money factor. That's not bad at all. I personally might want a slightly larger discount on a demo that already has 5,000 miles on it, but then again dealers are rarely willing to discount demo vehicles enough for my taste.

This is a fairly thin deal already, so I can't say that I'm surprised that the dealer isn't willing to absorb the remaining payments on your current vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
  • Be careful putting down too much on a lease. If the car gets totaled or is a loss this is money you will not get back. Dont focus on the monthly payment when negotiating. Negotiate the price alone first. Then, make sure you know all the fees the dealer is going to add in. Watch the money factor as well as many dealers will tack on their own profit to BMW's published rate. This is negotiable. If you have good credit and the dealer won't work with you on the MF, go elsewhere. I just got my 2013 535i lease at the published MF of 0.00145 paying only the BMW delivery fee (not negotiable). Multiple security deposits are a good option and will lower the money factor as opposed to a chunk of money down. You will get the money back after lease termination as well. Good luck!
  • kaz12kaz12 Posts: 3
    Hi,
    This is what I get from edmunds after putting in the package and navigation optoins:

535i xDrive Sedan
    (3.0L 6-cyl. Turbo AWD 8-speed Automatic)

MSRP: $61,545
    Price as configured Invoice : $56,655
    True Market Value®: $55,820

The True Market Value® (TMV®) price is our exclusive method for calculating what others are paying for a 2012 BMW 5 Series Sedan 535i xDrive in Minneapolis, MN (based on actual sales data from your region).

So now what do you think should be a good monthly lease with a down payment.
  • Thank Car_man,

I tried to push them to go lower, but they weren't willing to budge. Ended up getting it the day the lease incentives expire.
  • kssod1kssod1 Posts: 50
    I am looking at a used CPO 2012 535xi. Original MSRP is 69K CPO price is 55.5k. Is there a CPO Lease. If so what are the numbers that are used: i.e. Residual , money factor, and cap cost?

Secondly, on a 2013 base 535xi with premium BMW is advertising a 579 per month. When I add 10k worth of options the dealer lease quote was over 850/month. MSRP 68k, cap 64.5k residual 58%, and MF .0016. It seems like the entire 10k in options is added directly in to the lease term, divided by 36, with no offset for the residual.
  • You're welcome friedcfood. Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi carman

can you post the MF and residual (and any available incentives) for remaining inventory of 2012 535xi's

36 month 15K/year

thx!
This discussion has been closed.