Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• topgun7topgun7 Posts: 409
    edited December 2012
    Not getting anything close to others on this. Someone even quoted me around $800 for 2013 535i, prem, nav, white on blk, no down, lease 15k miles, 36 months. What should I be getting in LA on this?

I think you need to focus on the 24 month lease deal (74% residual for 10k mi per year, 73% for 12K and 71% for 15k). It is the Dec special for West coast and Florida (?? not sure about the rest of east coast). And each dealer has only limited number of this 24K mi lease that they can offer.

The dealer only will do it for dealer inventory (or you pay higher so that they will go through the trouble to swap car with other dealer that may have the combo that you seek). And the dealer who still has allocation would want higher price. So the best bet is to look for dealer inventory and figure get a list of 528/535 that you may be interested in, get a dealer that is willing to get the car for you and still have these 24m lease allotment and go from there. It is almost a guarantee that you won't be able to get the best deal right now since the most aggressive dealer are done for the year and ran out of their allotment already.

But the deal is still pretty sweet if you can get close to invoice. The 24month lease special add roughly 5% (Car_man can confirm that) to the residual as compare to the rest of the country that don't have this special. So we are getting roughly $3000 support + interest + tax discount on a $60k MSRP car (roughly $3600 all in) on our 24 payments (roughly $150 per month) on top of the 2000 holiday credit (roughly $90 a month). I am shopping in N. Cal also and I ran a sample lease calculating the difference between a 36 month lease and the 24 months special. The 2 year lease come out $611 a month vs the 36 months lease come out to $704 with exactly the same discount, number of MSDs, holiday credit and money factor.
  • topgun7topgun7 Posts: 409
    edited December 2012
    I have an excellent experience picking up a Deep Sea Blue, Venetian Beige Leather, from East Bay BMW in N. Cal today with a 2 years 24Kmi lease

Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Dynamic Handling, Rear view camera, park distance, Premium HiFi. MSRP: 65320 Invoice 60635 selling price at 60635, 7 MSDs

Drive off 4550 (MSDs) + 1290 (first month + registration + some misc mandatory fee)= 5840 (they allow max of $5000 charge on credit card).
    Money factor: 0.00076 (after the MSD) ; Residual 73%
    Monthly payment: 619.57 including 8.25% sales tax.

My CA (he is general sales manager), threw in a couple travel mugs and a set of all weather mats (The mugs and mats make my wife very happy.. The car make me very happy 8-)). The whole buying experience was very smooth, locating the right car is the hardest part.

Hunting for the right 535 is pretty difficult in N. California now if one want light color interior (Oyster, Cinnamon Brown, or Venetian Beige) with reasonably equipment. Most of the remaining stock units have black interior. Some dealer that are willing to do aggressive deal but have no 24 months special lease left. Other dealers who have those 24 months special lease available are not wiling to discount. It took my CA a couple days (we started the process on the 27th) to locate the deep sea Blue 535 for us. Initially we found a car in Concord BMW that fit my need but we were on hold for a day because they had a deal pending on that car. Yesterday, it took my CA two hours to got agreement for the Deep sea Blue 535 from Weatherford BMW and a couple more hours to do the physical swapping.

Given how late it is in the game (only 3 more days to go?). Looks like the best strategy is to find a dealer who still has those 24 months special lease available, negotiate the price (invoice + xx), And then try to locate the right car in other dealers inventory and do the swapping. Going from dealer to dealer to try to find the right car and the right deal is going to be very difficult.
  • rparik01rparik01 Posts: 3
    edited January 2013
    Thanks Car_Man,
    I actually worked out a FANTASTIC deal by BLOOMFIELD BMW and would recommend everybody to go there. Stay away from Morristown BMW (where I wouldn't send my worst enemy.) Although, the competition in the area definitely helped and I was able to get a 2013 535xi with a $69,870 MSRP for $63,650 (about $600 below Edmunds invoice and $1000 under dealer indicated invoice.) Plus an additional $4,250 in rebates. Essentially, I paid $59,400 for this car. And the real kicker.....I ordered it to my specs. My advice, if I may, is read this website, understand the numbers, create an excel file with formulas, and do your negotiations over the phone. My big mistake was taking Morristown's word for their promotion then driving there and having them tell me they weren't going to give me what they promised so I wasted half of my Saturday. Can't say enough good things about Bloomfield BMW.
  • hi car_man,

can you please provide me with January BMW 550ix 10K mile/year 36 months lease rate. what is the MF and residule value. rite now i am getting a quote for 550ix MSRP $66,545, MF .00130, resv 63%. are the MF and resv correct as per top tier credit. Negotiated price is $60,500.00. your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!
  • Hi dam9017. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 M5 with 12,000 miles per year are .00130 and 51% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • You're very welcome rparik01. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the dealerships and the details of your deal with everyone.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go, ankitpoo. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 550xi Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00130 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • Carman, Any deals on early out of a current 2011 535 lease to "pull ahead" would love to get another one soon as i am at 31K/36K miles lease with 6 payments left of $825
    thanks
  • mkbondmkbond Posts: 6
    Carman, do you know the 36mo MF / 10,000 per year for the 2013 535i? Thanks!
  • Hi bocabmw. Unfortunately, BMW's current early lease termination program is for current lesses of 2012 models. I don't think that you'll be able to get out of an '11 model cheaply at this point.

Car_man
    Host
  • I certainly do mkbond. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 535i Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00130 and 63% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks. I have leased for years and have never been able to get out with any reasonable offers. I love the five anyway and couldn't imagine driving anything else.
  • Do you know if buying down the money factor is avaiulable in NY or NJ?
  • zoombie99zoombie99 Posts: 125
    You can't post MSDs in New York since there is a law that prohibits it. You will have to lease in NJ to buy down the rate through MSDs.
  • wdl963wdl963 Posts: 2
    Hi car_man,

Can you tell me what the MF and Residual are for a 2013 528i with 15k for 36 months?

Thanks for your help!
  • insidecarbuyinsidecarbuy NYCPosts: 95
    Hey wdl963

BMW's current money factor for 2013 528i is .00130 and residual is 60% for 36 months and 15,000 miles per year.
  • ankitpooankitpoo Posts: 10
    edited January 2013
    Hi!
    Car_man,

thanx for all the help. I just closed on the deal for 2013 BMW 550XI. MSRP $72,245. Purchase price $65,336, Resv 63% (10K miles), MF .00081 (7 MSD). Monthly payments with NJ taxes comes to $689. I could have pushed them little more and gotten a better price, but i am happy that they complied with all my request and didn't nickle and dime me. It was straight up deal, no loyalty or competitor bonus. I asked them for 10% off MSRP and they came very close to it. I built the same car on Edmunds and TMV per my zip is $69,469 and Invoice it is $67,245. I purchased my car from BMW of Freehold. I would truly recommend them to everybody, very very nice people. Somebody on here just purchased there 5series end of December from Bloomfield, and Freehold is there sister delarship. Thanx!
  • $689 is a good deal. Did you put any money down?
  • hi!
    rr4mywife,

if you mean cap cost reduction , than no. i put 7 MSD of $4900 which i get back at the end of term. plus at time of closing i had to pay drive of $2284.85 which is luxury tax $261.35, DMV $ 304.50, tire tax $6, Bank Fee $725, DOC fee $299, 1st month $689. sad part is that you can't get away from these fees. as Car_man and others have been saying. Don't look at the monthly payments. As long as you negotiate on the purchase price and get your MF and Resv correct, everything else will fall in place. just make sure delarship doesn't add any hidden fees in closing cost. In my opinion Purchase price, MF and Resv are the most important factor. Thanx!
  • carman/other users - do you think this is a good deal. MSRP 62,395. 36 mos lease, 10k miles, $575/month, $2000 down plus tax, title, tags, processing and acquisition fee. I am thinking of leasing but want to make sure this is a good deal. Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.