Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• chaspavchaspav Posts: 9
    I noticed that BMW has now updated its website to reflect the 2014 5 series, including the diesel engine offerings. Has anyone gotten any info on lease pricing and details for the 2014 5 series?
  • shpatel1shpatel1 Posts: 3
    Hi CarMan,

Could you please let me know what the MF and residual is on both the 2013 535i and 550i for July for a 10k/36 and 12k/36?

Thanks
  • jehanjjehanj Posts: 7
    edited July 2013
    $5000 of sticker price in so cal.

MSRP: $64,325
    Negotiated Price: $59,325
    Premium, Sport, Navi, Driver Assist,
    MF: .00127
  • shpatel1shpatel1 Posts: 3
    Is that negotiated price without all the incentives? Because if it is, thats a fantastic deal.
  • nystarnystar Posts: 26
    Love it! wish i could get the same in NY.
  • dtswebdevdtswebdev Posts: 2
    Hi CarMan,

Did these numbers hold true for July? I heard the residual for 15k might have dropped to 57%.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi degoon. The money factor that you were quoted is correct, but the new July residual value for a 36-month, 12,000 mile per year lease of this car is 59%.

This lower residual value is offset by a new $1,500 dealer cash incentive that BMW introduced on the 2013 5s this month.

The lease program for the 2014 model is fairly similar, so whether you should get a '13 or a '14 depends upon how much more the dealers you are shopping with are willing to discount the '13s.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • That was everything. I didn't do the drive event because I couldn't wait. I would be happy to post the DIY Dealer Report so you have the breakdown. How do I upload an image?
  • bluguysbluguys Posts: 11
    Hello

Could you please share the dealer info?
    I'm also in SoCal looking to lease a 5 series this month.
  • HI Ray1022
    Can you please tell me the dealer you used and the sales guy you worked with? i'm interested in the 535i.

Thanks
    Johnny
  • cpacomp1cpacomp1 Posts: 3
    I just leased a 2013 528ix. The prices on the window sticker were lower than the current prices,
    after some research it looks like the car was priced at May 2012 prices. Dealer took delivery
    in Nov of 2013. Also there is a service code of VH. Should I be concerned that this car has been around for so long before sale. What does the service code indicate? It is listed as new and delivered with less than 20 miles. Any thoughts would be appreciated.Thanks
  • berisky1berisky1 Posts: 20
    Van Nuys, CA

2014 (yes, '14!) 535i at about $62K MSRP leasing at $699/mo incl tax and $2,500 all in drive off.

36 months, 10K mi/yr.

At those rates, I wouldn't bother with the 13s.
  • chaspavchaspav Posts: 9
    If the tax is in the payment then what makes up the $2,500 drive off money. I assume that part of it is acquisition fee, title and registration. Is the rest a cap coat reduction? What would be really helpful is if you could share the residual value, sales price and money factor.

Thanks in advance for the info
  • sergeymsergeym Posts: 262
    Cannot really agree. For the same monthly payment you can get 2013 550ix M Sport and it comes with a big V8.
  • ray1022ray1022 Posts: 7
    Bmw of Freehold. Ask for Mike Silva and let him know I sent you. Good luck.
  • namrekanamreka Posts: 1
    I have been following this forum for the last 6+ months as I wanted to make sure I got a great deal this time around on a new 528ix sedan. I know I paid really high for my first BMW 6 years ago and 3 years ago I used information from Consumer Reports, CostCo and USAA buying services. I do feel I benefited from those services as I know I would have paid a lot more had I not had that extra information. The advice from all the experts and Car_man on here is extremely helpful. I also saw a few people on here used the DIY Dealer Report from Inside Car Buying and had positive results. I did get one of these reports myself and I have to say the concept is ingenious. I now fully understand the complete process of leasing, the calculations and all of the possible factors of a lease where a dealer can benefit from a buyer. I sent Inside Car Buying the exact window sticker I received from the BMW dealer I visited. Within 3 hours I received the report and it simplified everything about what I should be paying for the car and why. I found this information so valuable because it educated me on the exact car I wanted, listed and broke down all the profit and incentives of the car and calculated everything right down to the plate charge. I also was able to speak with the owner of Inside Car Buying after receiving the report and he throughly when through it with me so I knew exactly what to do when I went back to the dealer. I got the dealer to sell me my new 528ix within $3 of the price I had from the report.

I saved a great deal of money and time but most of all I kept my sanity during the process of leasing a new car this time around! I don't know what car dealers will do if Inside Car Buying ever becomes as big or well known as True Car or some of these other services out there. I would highly recommend this service to anybody getting a new car. BTW, the selling price on the car I got was almost $1,700 less than the True Car voucher I received from True Car. That definitely says something!
    Chaspav:

I'm not being argumentative, but I've never understood from this forum the questions you are asking.

All I care about on a lease is the TOTAL amount of money I'm paying during my term. I know all of the questions you asked go into deciding the best price, but I'm telling you the price, so really I would be interested in seeing the same stats from others.
    SergeyM:

I hear you. Can you tell me what state and what the MSRP is on the car your talking about ? I still say a '14 is worth more, especially since there are slight changes to the car. But I see your point as well. Is your deal exactly the same as mine or is there a slight fluctuation?

I don't care about money factors etc, I just care about what I'm out of pocket for the car during the term of the lease.
  • vegas15vegas15 Posts: 1
    Looking at ordering a loaded BMW 2014 535i - sticker when configured was $71,125. Long time BMW owner. Lease I'm looking at is 36 months, 12K miles a year. $3500 down (not including registration) - $869 mo (includes taxes). Decent deal? Any advice?
  • Can you tell me what dealership you got this deal at?? Thanks :)
This discussion has been closed.