Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• You are correct. They were using the old program - got them straightened out. All in with no cap cost reduction and 7 MSDs, my payment will be around $780 including tax for a 2007 550i with Cold Weather, Logic 7, Automatic, and Sirius. Pretty good, don't you think? CB
  • lease details for 2007 bmw 530i with PPkg, auto, navigation, comfort, PDC, shades, 10k miles/yr, 36 months.
    net cap cost = 52,515 [invoice + $910 + options + destination fee($625)]
    down = $0
    security = $0
    money factor = 0.00175, residual = 63%, monthly + tax = $696
    other fees ; acquisition = $625, document = $45, registration = $410.
    Lease guru's please advise if this is a good deal.
    will try to negotiate 12000 miles/yr and pay 8 security deposits to bring MF down.
  • rleyrley Posts: 4
    Here is what I was quoted by my local dealer in Indiana on a 2007 530i:

MSRP $55,415
    Sell Price $53,308
    Lease $823 including 6% sales tax ($776 before tax)
    36 Month/15,000 per year. No money down, no Sec. Deposit, only first lease payment and documentation fees ($199.00) due at signing.

I have a feeling that the discount is a bit on the low side, but I am limited on number of dealerships I can deal with. Are these figures at least a little bit fair?
  • Auto, Cold, Sirius, Nav, Prem, Comfort Access, Split Rear Seat, Voice Activation.

$55,890, sell $53,000
    24 months, 12k, $637 per month with TTL out the door $5,000 incl all NJ taxes and fees.

Am I good to go??

Franklin in NJ
  • Can someone tell me what should my monthly payment be if I were to lease a 5 series with the following:

36 month lease
    12k miles a year
    MSRP: $52,870
    Invoice: $48,410
    I can put 500 down plus taxes, title feee and DMV
  • lawman10lawman10 Posts: 15
    Carman the MSRP is $48865 and they sold me the car for $45866.00 I leased the car for $594 including tax for 36 months/12kmiles with 2600 total down which includes first month, one month security. I think I got a great deal what do you think.

Thanks
  • Looking to Lease a 2007 530xi

MSRP on this vehicle is $55,400

Terms of Lease needed are 36mos/15K per year

I do not want to put any more then $3000 total out of pocket/drive away

Looking to have a lease payment of $650/month.
    Can someone tell me my options or negotiating assistance.

I received one quote of $725/month with $2700 total down. This sounds really high based on some of the earlier posts.

Thank You - Going today to try and close a deal.

John
  • jkmdjkmd Posts: 1
    Hello,

I got a quote of $650 a month including tax to lease for 36 mos, 15K a 525xi with prem packg, auto shift, cold weather, GPS, satellite after trading in my 1999 Audi A4 with blue book value of 6300 (needs a lot of work). Does this sound like a reasonable deal?
  • Just thought I'd share my recent lease deal on a 530xi

2007 530xi Silver Gray, Black Leather, Anthracite Maple
    Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Sirius, Navigation
    MSRP $55,440

36mos/12K mpy
    $3400 Total Out of Pocket (Includes Bank Fee, Security Deposit, Liscense, Registration and all taxes)

Monthly Payment = $642

Dealership - Prestige BMW Ramsey NJ
    Salesperson was great and I think this is a great deal. Shopped at three other dealers and they were not even close to these numbers.

Thoughts??
  • What was the money factor you got on the lease? Did you apply any additional security deposits to lower the rate?
  • Something does not add up in your figures. The BASE price without oprions on the 07 530i as listed on Edmunds.com starts at MSRP $47,500- American.
    1.Where are you getting MSRP of 55970?
    2. What is the $3000 discount you are quoting?
  • The $$ factor that she used was .0016. I did not put any additional Security Deposits down because I asked her if I would be able to and she said it does not make sense to because the $$ factor is already low.
  • Just thought I'd share my recent lease deal on a 530xi

2007 530xi Silver Gray, Black Leather, Anthracite Maple
    Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, Sirius, Navigation
    MSRP $55,440

36mos/12K mpy
    $3400 Total Out of Pocket (Includes Bank Fee, Security Deposit, Liscense, Registration and all taxes)

Monthly Payment = $642

Dealership - Prestige BMW Ramsey NJ
    Salesperson was great and I think this is a great deal. Shopped at three other dealers and they were not even close to these numbers.

Thoughts??

Thanks for sharing your deal with us- That sounds like a pretty sweet deal on the car! Hope you enjoy it.
    What was the price of the car (MSRP vs what you paid) and your total cap cost?
  • The MSRP was $55,440 and the they took off $3100 - total cc was $52,340.
  • Nice!
    What was the money factor for the lease? Did you get the dealer to cut any of the associated fees (i.e. MACO fees, aquisition etc)?
  • Carman,

I wanted to know if you thought this was a great deal. This offer was printed in the newspaper today. Here is a link for the specific terms:

http://bmw-north-scottsdale.ebizautos.com/detail.aspx?iid=1086011

It sounds like a great deal, and if you agree, I may just jump on it. If the link does not work the basics of the offer are:

2007 525i Titanium Grey metallic with grey leather interior
    MSRP 47,515
    Monthly payment 439+tax
    Down payment 3,122 plus 1st payment, refundable security deposit, MVD, bank and doc fees
    24 month lease
    10,000 miles

Thanks Carman
  • That sounds very good. What was the name of the salesman. I will call him. Thanks very much.
  • Hi CarMan,
    I'm in the market for an '07 550i - wanted to see if the September rates are out yet from BMW finance - particularly money factor and residual on a 36 month/15k lease. Thanks.
  • This what my dealer is offering me on a new M5. This would be a corporate lease with me consigning. My credit score is 659. Some feedback would be great :)

Your lease is as follows:
    MSRP: $95,475
    Cap cost: $95,475
    Residual : 56%=> $53,466
    Factor: 0.00445
    Drive off:: $20,000 + $10,000 (Refundable Security Deposit)
    Payments: $1,324 + Tax=> $1,425 inc. tax (based on 7.75% )
    This structure is based on 36 months and 12,000 miles per year
  • Does anyone know the MF and residuals for a 530XI this month? I had heard MF was .00160 but not sure about residual.
    Specifically, 36mo/15K miles.
    Also, the going rate for price seems to be $1000-2000 over invoice, is that what everyone seems to be encountering?

Thanks
  • I've talked to a private party about taking over his lease on a 2006 M5 (by phone so far: haven't seen the paper work). He bought the M5 6 months ago. 36 month lease. Payments are $1535. Residual $81250. The residual seems way out of wack to me. Does this make any sense to any of you more expert leasing guys? Or am I missing something?
  • dhanleydhanley Posts: 1,531
    Residual is wrong--that must be the cap cost.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,747
    Or.. maybe the current payoff?

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi guys. I've been reading your posts and I thank all of you for such great knowledge and tips. Today, I finally pulled a trigger on '07 525i.
    I spent about 5 hours at the dealership here in SoCal today and I was doing alright with the quotes you guys posted until the sales person start talking about the cap cost. This is what I finally got for my grey silver 525i:

2007 525i with PP, Auto Tran, Heated FS, Xenon Headlights, Nav., I-Pod adapter

MSRP: $51,560

Final Price: $48,274 + $825 acquisition fee

$49,099 Gross Capitalized Cost (whatever it means)
    -$1894 Cap Cost Reduction

=$47,205 Adjusted Cap Cost
    -$30,342 Residual Value
    =$16,863 Depreciation and amortized amounts
    +$4,886 Rent Charge
    =$21,749 Total Base Monthly Payments

36months, 15k miles/yr, $3,048 TDO (cap cost reduction, 1st monthly pmt, $375 license fee, $28 DMV fee, $146.75 tax on cap cost, $53 doc fee)

monthly payment: $650.96

This is the best I could do because the sales person was almost in tears and kept saying that they're only making $200 gross profit off of this transaction.

Did I get a good deal? or at least a fair deal?
  • carman and kyfdx,

Can you give me your opinion on whether or not this is a good deal on a 2007 525i lease:

2007 BMW 525I, Sapphire Black w/Gray Leather, Automatic and Premium Package-
    MSRP - $47,470.00
    Sale price - $46,560.00+ttt

Lease= $655.29+tax X 36 months, w/ $1,159.16 total down, w/12K miles/year

Residual= 62%
    Money Factor= .00205
    Security Deposit= $0
    Acquisition Fee= $795.00

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

BTW - I am new to this forum and think it is a GREAT
  • Hi superman105. The money factor that you mentioned is available to any consumer who leases through BMW Financial Services and pays a security deposit and BMW Financial Services' $625 acquisition fee at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi stang98sc. Let's work up a lease payment on this car for you and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2007 BMW 530i with an MSRP of $52,870 and a selling price of $48,410 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $565 with the payment of a security deposit and BMW FS' $625 acquisition fee at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi lawman10. The selling price that you were given for this car is very attractive. It's tough for me to say whether this dealer marked up your car's money factor or not. I come up with a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $555 for it. If you didn't make any sort of capitalized cost reduction, the payment that includes tax is probably in the right ballpark.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Greetings John. The best way to negotiate an attractive lease on a vehicle is to negotiate as low a selling price for it as possible, just as if you were paying cash for or financing it, and then have the dealer calculate its lease payment using its buy rate lease money factor. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 530xi is .00160.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello jkmd. I would be happy to share my thoughts on this deal with you, however you never mentioned its selling price or MSRP. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. Let me know these numbers and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.