Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi crzycool22. Something is strange about the lease program that you were quoted. I don't recall ever seeing a 28 month lease program on this car. Plus, the money factor that you were quoted is so low. This is a great lease program, but I can't figure out where it would come from. It is more attractive than BMW Financial Services' current lease program for this car and I doubt that any independent bank would offer this attractive a deal. Where did you get these numbers from?

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi japelleg. The money factor that you were quoted is right in line with BMW Financial Services' buy rate for this car: .00100 base money factor - (7 additional deposits x .00007 reduction) = .00051. As far as this car's price goes, a base 2007 BMW 530i has a spread of around $3,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. A discount of $2,000 isn't bad, but it still leaves some room to play with. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "BMW 5-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I am waiting on my car to arrive soon. Part of the cap cost in my agreement includes a $499 dealer prep fee (this is not the acquisition fee, 825 at my dealer!). In the message board here I dont see mention of this fee on a lease. Is this something to negotiate or walk away from. Its a small amount of additional dealer profit, but it grinds me.
    What do you think?
  • ajp00ajp00 Posts: 17
    Car_man or anyone who knows

Can someone tell me what the money factor and residual on a 2007 530xi 12K miles for 36 months is? Thanks in advance
  • wbb56wbb56 Posts: 38
    Is this a reasonable lease offer/request for a European Delivery 525i?

USA MSRP w/Destination Charge: $52,485.00
    Euro Invoice Cost: $44,350
    (Auto, NAV, Sirius,Premium, Premium Sound, Cold Weather)

My Offer: $46,124 (Invoice + 4%)
    Total: $46,694 (Incl. Dest + Lease Fee-Trade (I'm going to ask for $750 for my '97 Explorer)
    36 mo/15k Lease 60% Residual .00075 MF
    $495.37 Payment (includes 3% NC Sales Tax)

If I am planning on buying the car at the end of the lease should I just lease at the lowest rate/highest residual (36mo/10k miles)?

Thanks very much!
  • Hi eoulim. In answer to your first question, regardless of when the dealership that you are working with ran your credit, unless you locked in the old lease program you will have to use the one that is available when you physically take delivery of your new car.

I'm not sure that I understand your second question. Are you asking when you would have to pay your multiple security deposits? If so, they are due at lease signing.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi scottyb1. Did you say that you were offered a money factor of .00400? Something's not right here. BMW dealers can't even mark BMW FS' buy rate money factor of .00100 that much. Perhaps there was some miscommunication between you and the dealer. You should either speak with them again or try a different dealership.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi walton_rice. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi shuale_ejs. The explanation that you were given sounds about right to me. Having said this, don't let the dealer that you are working with cloud things by quoting you one price and then adding all sorts of fees to it. Focus on the big picture and get an out-the-door price quote for the car that you want. If the total price that this dealer is charging you for this car is less than the total price that you would have to pay for it elsewhere, it doesn't really matter how the deal breaks down. If you don't believe that it is, then you may want to consider shopping around some.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi 99_528i. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for this car is .00100 with the payment of a security deposit and .00115 with the deposit waived. As you can see, it appears as though the dealer that you are working with is marking up your car's money factor. Furthermore, you are only being given a $1,000 discount on a car that has a spread of at least $4,000 between its MSRP and dealer invoice price. You should be able to do better than that. If I was in your situation I definitely would shop around with a couple of other dealers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi doctorely. The dealer prep fee really isn't much more than a way for the dealer to add additional profit to your deal. Rather than letting the dealer cloud things by adding all sorts of little fees to the selling price that they initially quoted you, focus on the big picture. Get an out-the-door price quote for the car that you are interested in. If you feel as though the total price that you are quoted, including all of the fees, is too high shop around with a few other dealers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here you go, ajp00. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW 530xi sedan with 12,000 miles per year are .00170 and 62%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hey, This was the december program - I locked in during December and ordered a car.
  • hey i leased a 525xi for 36 months and 15k miles per. the money factor was .00185 when i signed the lease in december, the car is almost here but i remember i was told that if in between the time i ordered and time i recieve the car if the rate drops, i get the lower rate. Does anyone know if the rate was reduced from .00185 in december through jan, or feb. it is 60% residual
  • If you are planning on buying the car at the end of the lease you want the lowest rate, lowest residual, lowest miles.
  • lsmblsmb Posts: 7
    Hello Car_Man,

I urgently need your advice on final negotiations. This is the proposed deal with a sales price after 3% discount and long negotiations for trade in. I am ok with sales price, but not MF.

68,835 MSRP
    60,780 sale price
    2,000 down payment
    700 security deposit
    625 acquisition fee
    398 registration, etc.
    3.00% sales tax
    10,000 miles/year
    36 lease term
    62% residual
    0.00190 money factor

How in the world do I get the F&I manager off the .0019 MF ?(the Jan BMWFS rate was .0015, what is the Feb rate for above lease?)

Dealership has been less than forthcoming with transparency and tried to snow me for weeks while the car was on order under original presumption that "MF is not negotiable and I will get best rate available anyway". Your excellent forum has shown me that this is certainly not the case, but I might be too late.

Any last minute advice, any leverage I might have at this point before picking up the vehicle tomorrow?

Thanks so much,
    LSMB
  • jaypsjayps Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man, thank you for all of your help. The MSRP for the vehicle I inquired about is $54,220 and for convenience sake here was the whole deal again:

2007 530xi
    MSRP $54,220

Cold Weather Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Automatic

Selling price $52,500
    36 months, 15,000 miles
    $4000 includes all fees and cash down
    $699/month
    residual $32,500 which I understand is 60% of MSRP

I believe the money factor is .00185, no security deposit
  • Hello:

How does the european pickup work logisticall?

J
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,457
    You fly to Munich...
    Pick up the car at the delivery center.
    Vacation in Europe.
    Return the car to the designated shipping agent (In Munich, or other city).
    Fly home.
    Wait for your car to be delivered to your dealer (4-6 weeks, generally).

All auto transportation is included in the price... Your transportation and expenses are on your dime.

Check out this discussion: BMW European Delivery

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• What do you think of this deal? $412 for 28 months - I calculated a selling price of $44,800 on a msrp of $46,000.

Invoice is $42,500 - dealer profit around $2,200.
    Cash down is only $800, 1st pmt and DMV. Aquic fee & taxes are in monthly pmt. Car being picked up today.

Is there anything else I can get from dealer?
    Or that you would ask for.

Thx
  • joeadpjoeadp Posts: 68
    2007 BMW 5 SERIES 530i w/AC , Auto

36 Months

Monthly Payment:

Purchase Option:

MSRP:

Est. Miles Per Year:

Disposition Fee:

Money Due at Inception

1st Month Payment:

Security Deposit:

Acq Fee (Upfront):

Upfront Taxes:

total Out of Pocket

Or wait and get a 2008 with 300hp?
  • Hi Car Man and fellow forum members!

I am getting ready to lease a 2007 525xi with NAV, Premium package, Cold weather package and automatic and these are the terms
    MSRP 52,300
    Dealer discount 50,245
    3 year lease, 12k miles, MF .00140
    lease payment $637 including taxes, title & fees with 4160 down.

European delivery would be $539 a month.

How can I come closer to or under $500. How can I negotiate a better deal? What are rebates?

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • I would get them to knock another $500 off the CAP Cost of car. (If the "AC" is active Cruise control The invoice on your car is around $47,780) - and I calculate your cap cost as $49,412. (a 2.6% discount) - that's a dealer profit of $2,600 If you can get them to know another $500 or more off price your payment goes under $600.
  • I am looking to lease a 530i within the next six months in the Washington, DC, area. The important considerations for me are 3yr lease, 12-15k mi/yr; premium package, navigation is essential. What should I expect to pay for a car so equipped?
  • Hi jayps,

I saw your question to car man. I've been researching 525 and 530 xis. That looks like a pretty good deal. I was wondering what dealership was giving you this deal so that I might use it in negotiations with my dealership.

I case your wondering this is what I had so far:

2007 525 xi

listed MSRP at 51,220
    sale price 49,220
    $2500 cash down
    36 months, 12,000 miles
    $578/month
    MF 0.0019, $600 security
    residual is 61% I do believe
  • kg6ckg6c Posts: 18
    Hey Everyone,
    I needed some advice. I am planning on registering two leased card from PA in California, and I spoke with someone at DMW and they informed me that I have to pay a registration fees. I already looked on the dmv site and they have a section for "fee calculations", however, it is not suited for leased cars. Also, I called them up and they informed me that I would have to come in and speak to someone in person. My concern is that in leased cars you do not pay a lump sump in sales tax, and you actually pay a monthly figure in every payment. Could someone who recently moved to California with an out of state leased car please share their experiences.

Thanks
  • 99_528i99_528i Posts: 22
    I was told by a dealer that the MF is 0.0014 for Feb (for a 36 month lease on a 530i), and he needs to add on top another 0.00015 if I don't want to put down any security deposit. But then I leased a BMW with BMWFS before (1999-2002), can that 0.00015 be waived?

BTW, does anybody know the base rate or MF for the month of March?

Thanks.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,457
    It won't be waived, unless you currently have a lease with BMWFS.. You are much better off making the security deposit and getting the lower rate..

BTW, the dealer is already marking up the rate the maximum amount... the base rate for February is .0010

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I just wanted to say thanks to Carman and everyone else on the forum. All of your questions and comments were very helpful for me when shopping for my car. I also just wanted to say that after reading the last few posts about the current MF I am really glad my sales guy locked in my November MF of .00055 (eventhough I don't pick up my car until tomorrow).

Thanks again!

P.S. That's with 1 security deposit.
  • I have a 2004 530i w/sport package and love it. So much so I'm planning to purchase and own it for a long time. I was wondering if there was a forum or some good advice out there on how to get the best deal on this car. I know there is a set price that I can buy this car at then end of the lease but if I can do better than that and negotiate I'm happy to do what I can. I've seen people who are buying used BMWs on the other forum talk about how they try buying them for the "CPO" or auction price...how can I get in on that which seems to be below the original purchase price I agreed to when I leased it.
This discussion has been closed.