Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Where are you at in the deal? have you gotten them to 1500? You dealing with Autohaus, Moritz, Dallas, or Classic?
  • How long does it normally take to negotiate these dealers down to a reasonable price? Maybe this is better, how do you know how far to push them? Hours, days or weeks hopefully not months.
  • I have been dealing with Classic in Richardson, Texas. I have only been able to get them to come $1,470 of of MSRP. I am looking at a 530i with Premium Package, Sport Package, Auto trans, Navigation and heated seats. Total MSRP is $56,470. I have been quoted a monthly payment of $793 with a first payment and a $750 security payment down. This is for 15k per year, a .0009 MF, 60% Residual, and 36 months.

I was hoping to get down to $700 which could be done with some combination of $1,000 over invoice, no acquisition fee and at least some partial tax rebates.

Three questions:

(1) How much above invoice should I be able to get them to come down to?

(2) Is the $825.00 acquisition fee required? Seems to me like they are double dipping with this fee.

(3) Shouldn't there be some tax rebates available. I have received tax rebates on the two other cars (not BMWs) I have leased.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • tdbrphtdbrph Posts: 25
    They are marking up aquisition by 200 it is typically 625 and money factor is being marked up. Buy rate MF is actually 0.0005 which can be brought down to 0.00008 with 6 security deposits. I think you can do much better than the quote you were given. I am actually trying to decide between a 335i Sedan and a 530i myself. The lease incentives on the 530i provide a strong incentive to pull the trigger.

Good Luck
    Triston
  • Trinston:

Thanks. Any idea if any of the Dallas area dealerships are offering tax credits. I know with my previous two leases that full and partial tax credits made a big difference on the payments.
  • Got the following quote on a 530i today:
    12K/36 month lease 62% residual
    MSRP $54,820
    Buy Price $52,820
    MF 0.00105
    Total drive off $3500 (incl. 1st payment, registration, tax)
    Security deposit $0
    Payment $582 + 48 tax = $630

Thanks.
  • i have decided to order a 2007 530 ( about six weeks )
    can i expect to get a similar price to that of a car in stock. currently, they are at around 1000 above sticker here in los angeles. i have not told them that i intend to order the car yet. also, should i order from germany or from the u.s. thanks car man, your input on this site is very much appreciated!!!
  • tinocotinoco Posts: 18
    $3,500.00 sounds like is too much to pay upfront. Are you in SoCal? I am working on a deal right now with an MSRP if $55,270.00 and currently my payments would be $566.23 + tax with only $1,960.00 drive off..
  • What are tax credits? Where do I find out more?
  • Smith000, I've been working with Classic. Just started talking to them, an they've offered $1K off MSRP, without any pushing. I may have mistyped in the original post, I would guess $1500 off MSRP would be the best you could do, but was just a guess on my part. Was hoping someone in Dallas could give better guidance..
  • Can you please tell me what the Markup of $520 is? What is the markup of? Is it the money that the dealer is making on the car or what? I cant imagine that it is what the dealer is making on your lease. I gave a dealer your deal as a reference since he is such a moron, and when I gave him the markup of 520 he told me that he is not going to make 520 on this deal and hung up the phone before I could get in a word. Luckly, there are about 4 other dealerships in my area, so I need ot know what this means to not only deal with the other dealers but call his manager and discuss his professionalism.

Thanks
  • I have been working with Classic in Richardson. In 10 minutes without driving the car, they offered me $1560 off of MSRP on a 530i with the Premium Package, Sport Package, Automatic Transmission, Navigation System and Heated Seats (MSRP $56,470). For 15,000 miles/year they are coming up with a payment of $792.66. However, they are using a MF of.0009 instead of the .0005 that everyone is saying should be used right now. Alos, the acquisition fee is $825 and everyone says it should be no more than $625. I think if I can get rid of the heated seats, get them to come down a little on the price, get the MF of .0005, use $625 for the acquisition fee and/or get partial tax credits, I should be in the $690-$700 range. That is the deal I want. By the way, this is with a down payment of one month and a security deposit of $750.
  • fm1fm1 Posts: 20
    Classic at Richardson is a very arrogant dealership. You will be lucky if you can get $1800 off the MSRP. My suggestion is try Moritiz or Autoban. I was able to get $3000 off 07 530i from all these dealerships.
    Good luck.
    BTW, are they offering tax credit these days?

fm
  • fm1fm1 Posts: 20
    Hi Car man,

Please help me calculate lease payments. Here are the figures:
    MSRP = 55970
    Selling price = 52970
    12000/36
    Sales tax = 6.25%(must be paid upfront)
    Thanks.
    fm
  • baudobaudo Posts: 3
    hello,

was wondering what the mf and residual would be for a fully optioned 530xi wagon. also, any recommendations on a dealership in los angeles?

thank you
  • Markup is the profit on the car. I went in and signed my deal and the TOTAL profit on the car is $884. Of course you'll have to know the invoice of the car and the MISC fees they charge. I know for a fact that SoCal dealers charge $380 for MACO. The standard inception is $625, dealers can markup a max of $200 (that's in the total profit number). There's also a $180 training fee (straight profit) that dealers will charge. My was never mentioned or charged. I put together a simple spreadsheet for the lease, this way they can't shift numbers around on you. You can get the invoice of the car at bimmerfest.com. Let me know if you want my spreadsheet and I'll send it to you...Good luck!
  • 2007 BMW 5 Series 530xiT

24 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 70% of MSRP – .00090 Base Money Factor Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 60% of MSRP – .00090 Base Money Factor Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 38% of MSRP – .00322 Base Money Factor Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – Residual Value 30% of MSRP – .00322 Base Money Factor Rate

Add 2% for 12K and 3% for 10K to the residual on all terms...

From bimmerfest.com...
  • MSRP $55,970
    Cap Cost $52,970
    Residual % 62.00%
    Residual $ $34,701.40
    Lease Term 36
    Monthly Depreciation $507.46
    Net Money Factor 0.0005
    Monthly Interest $43.84
    Base Payment $551.30

Tax = $1,240.42

Assuming you're not a 1st time BMWFS customer. You'll have to make a security deposit of $600 to get the 0.0005 buy rate.
  • That's a HIGH MF rate. The base buy rate for 530i is 0.0005. They are more than doubling that!
  • .0004 markup, and .00015 bump for the security deposit waiver...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.