Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Hi: Im not sure Tuacmxa..No math wiz here.. I knew I wanted the 528i so I used the Res. Values that I found on here.. I do know the xi is less of a Res. value...71% i think.. Talk to someone on here..First price I got on my car ( different dealer) was $2800 out of pocket & 673 pm..They based it on a 46k sell price so shop wisely..They do "play" with the #s..
  • Hello all, does anyone know what the money factor would be for a first time BMW owner on a 2008 BMW 535i, 36/12K mile lease? I know the base rate is .00225.
    How much should it go up if you DO NOT pay a security deposit? I'm supposed to sign the paperwork tomorrow and I need to make sure they are not charging me to much, any help greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!!! :-)
  • 2008' BMW 528i Premium pkg & Xenon lights
    White/Beige

MSRP $48,175
    Residual 76% $36,613
    M.F. Estimate 0.00225
    Term 24 months
    Toatal MSRP Discounts
    48,175 - 2,000 = 46,175
    Additional Equip $0
    Capped sales tax $0
    Trade Equity as Cap red $0
    Cash Cap red/rebate appl $2,400
    Capped fees $1,324
    ADJ CAP COST $45,099
    Base Payment $537.43
    Monthly Sales Tax(6.0000%) $32.25
    Payment Estimate $569.68

Drive off
    Up Front Payments $569.68
    Security Deposit $600
    Cap Cost Reduction $1400
    Up Front Fees $220.49
    Cap Red/Rebate Tax $144
    Up Front Sales Tax $0
    Cash Due on Lease $2,934.17
    Trade Equity to COD $0
    Rebate $0
    Deposit $0
    Misc. $0
    Customer Cash $2,934.17
    Cash Due at Delivery Estimate $2,934.17
  • Hello all. As most of you know, I've been active on this forum over the last couple of months providing target numbers and advising on how to get the best deal on a BMW E60. Since I held myself out as a knowledgeable source, I thought it only fair to show everyone how I did with my own new 535xi lease.

Ready? Here goes:

2008 535xi Space Gray, Black Leather, Dark Poplar Trim

Options
    ZCW Cold Weather Package
    ZPP Premium Package
    ZSP Sport Package
    205 6-Speed STEPTRONIC Automatic Transmission
    322 Comfort Access
    496 Heated Rear Seats
    591 18” wheels w/performance tires (style 124)
    609 Navigation System
    610 Head-Up Display
    655 Sirius Satellite Radio
    677 Logic7 Sound System
    6FL iPod and USB Adapter

Priority 1 Options ;)
    U6SW Black Nasca Leather
    453 Front Ventilated Seats
    775 Anthracite Headliner

Invoice $61,610
    MSRP $67,145
    Negotiated Price $62,842 (invoice plus 2%)

24 month lease/10K per year
    Monthly payment $845

Nothing down but tax, tag, first month payment and refundable security deposit of $749.

Happy New Year to all!

Oh, and to the little elves at the BMW Dingolfing Plant--start building my car schnell!
  • Dark Katana

Where did you buy the 535xi? Thanks in advance.
  • carnaughtcarnaught Posts: 1,593
    Awesome....

Happy New Year to you and all !
  • Habberstad BMW, Huntington, New York
  • Hi:

I'm new to the board and want to buy a 528i 2008 asap! The best (I think) deal I have so far for a 528i w/ premium package:
    24 month lease
    12Kmiles/yr
    5K down
    $468 (including tax)/month

Any thoughts feedback would be greatly appreciated. THANKS in advance
  • Hi yourself :)

I'll do a quick back of the envelope for you and show you how this works. Let's leave taxes, tag, bank fee and security deposit out of if for simplicity

528i Base Model Invoice--$40,755, MSRP--$44,300
    Premium Package Invoice-- $2,095 MSRP-- $2,300
    Destination and Handling $775
    Total Invoice--$43,600
    Total MSRP--$47,375
    $5,000 down (Subtract from MSRP)
    December lease rate for 528i--24 months/12000k-- Residual 75% of MSRP – .00225 Base Rate Money Factor

Buying the car at MSRP gets you a monthly payment calculated as depreciation fee of ($42,375 - $35,531)/24=$285.16 plus
    Finance fee of ($42,375 + $35,531) x .00225 = $175.29

Total payment of $460.45

Unless you live in a very high sales tax state (like me) even factoring in the bank fee and the tax, it sounds like you're getting the car pretty close to MSRP if you only have the premium package as an option. In addition, there is a $1000 cash incentive from BMW to the dealer on the 5 series right now that seems to have gone straight into the dealer's pocket with no credit to you.

Try negotiating the purchase price from invoice not MSRP and then apply the lease rate. My target is to get the dealer down to invoice plus 2%--you may not get there, but that's the target to shoot for.

It's also always easier to calculate your deal if you pay the tax, tag and bank fee upfront. You shouldn't be rolling the tax into the lease payment anyway since it doesn't make much sense to finance a tax payment.

Not to pressure you, but the BMW December lease rate I quoted above is only good through 01/02/2008, so you need to lock in this week.
  • Thanks much dark katana. Is there anyone in particular at the dealership you spoke with? Best wishes for the new year.
  • Rules say I can't provide salesperson names pagelmunda. That being said, I'm reminded of that old song--"Hey Hey Paula." Also, for some reason, I'm thinking of the current president of Mexico, I think his last name is Calderon.

It sure would be nice if you could PM people here at car space, like on other forums.
  • ooh, THANKS for doing the math. I'm in Los Angeles, CA (tax is 8.25). I was confused because he said that the residual was 79% and MF was .0024...is this even possible? (i would be a new bmw leasee, not qualify for loyalt prog). I was asking for monthly to be $420/month...which would put it a healthy +5% over invoice, a fair offer. Also, I didn't want premium package, just leather and Xenon headlights and he said BMW doesn't offer cars w/out packages...?! He wouldn't budge (didn't have to) because they had sold out of all inventory of 528i because of the $1k incentive...thanks to you, I'm definitely going to check around. Happy New Year!
  • BMWFS is certainly not offering 79% residuals and a regular bank has no incentive to subsidize leases so aggressively. In any event, there's no way that the payment the dealer quoted would equate with a 79% residual with $5000 down and the additional $1000 incentive from BMW even including the taxes.

Keep looking. Any dealer can order the car for you from Germany and you can still lock the rate if you sign before 01/02/08. You might lose the $1000 incentive from BMW (that only applies to cars in current inventory), but you can make that up by some hard bargaining.

Good luck.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,179
    Every member has a CarSpace.com e-mail account. Their e-mail address is always membername@CarSpace.com

You can access your own e-mail account via the mailbox tab at the top right of the page.

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Can we get the BMW MF and residuals for Jan on 535xi? 15 miles and 36 months. Thank you!

:) Looking to buy in Colorado.
  • For the veterans....do the residuals decrease and money factors typically increase after January 2nd? I'm thinking about ordering me 535i tomorrow (jan 2) before the rates change. Are the current rates pretty good or do you expect them to take a turn for the better in Jan? Thanks
    They told me when I ordered that the rate at the time I order will hold unless the rate decreases when I take delivery in which case I would get the lower rate. Yours should be the same.
  • That's usually the way it works. My opinion however (and it's only my uninformed opinion so take it with a grain of salt) is that the rapid decline of the Dollar vs. the Euro is eventually going to have some effect on BMW prices or finance terms and that we're likely to see that take place in early 2008.

It should also be noted that the 5 Series is set for a major redesign in 2009 so those of us buying or leasing 2008s will be driving an obviously older model as soon as 18 months from now and those of you who wait until later in the year to lease or buy will be driving the old model even longer.

Just some things to factor in if you are thinking about holding off until January.
    It should also be noted that the 5 Series is set for a major redesign in 2009 so those of us buying or leasing 2008s will be driving an obviously older model as soon as 18 months from now and those of you who wait until later in the year to lease or buy will be driving the old model even longer.

I agree. That's the way I've played it when my 24 mo. 2008's lease is up.
  • sls1sls1 Posts: 36
    It's my understanding that the new 5 series body will be released in late 09/early10. Is that incorrect?
  • Nobody knows for sure, but the 2008 came out in March--April 2007. Most of the articles I've read have suggested similar timing for the 2009.
  • Thank you carnaught. Took your advice. This was originally an order car but they were able to find one with the exact options I wanted at another dealership but with a different color - space gray instead of the monaco blue. So I reluctantly picked it up on the 31st. Im happy to say I have not regrets. P.S... it's a 6spd (exactly what I wanted). Im all smiles now :) :) :)

Thanks.
  • Plus one for Space Gray--it's the sportiest color available on the 5. May I suggest you get it professionally detailed and waxed to make that flat gray pop?
    Congrats. You'll love it !!
  • Unfortunately I couldn't close a good deal today with any of the Arizona BMW dealers. They must have had a good buying season b/c none were willing to budge with prices. Now I'm forced to lease in January or Feb. Anybody know what the MFs and residuals are going to be for this month? When do the new rates usually surface? Thanks guys!
  • Does anyone know what the numbers look like (residuals/MFs) for this month? Also, is BMW still offering the 1k rebate it did last month?

Thanks,

Randall
  • skobolaskobola Posts: 207
    BMW introduces new body types after 7 years, with a slight refresh at 3rd/4th year. As the 5 series was introduced as a 2004 model, and slightly refreshed for 2008, it appears that it follows the BMW's way. Therefore, the new body should be introduced as a 2011 model, which may make it available in March of 2010, as it seems that the new-year 5-series are getting out at this time. This also makes sense that they did some changes to the design, like interior, headlights, front spoiler, and such for 2008. Probably they would like to milk this body in their usual fashion, that is, for the 3 coming years...
  • sls1sls1 Posts: 36
    hmm, assuming you are correct, a 24 month lease will leave me a couple months shy of the new release in 2010. Maybe I should extend my current 24 a couple of months... That said, the new body could be 2010 with a March 09 release.
  • x021627x021627 Posts: 148
    Heard from a dealer today, residual for 36mo.12k miles lease on 528xi was 62%. Money factor was .00225.
  • Those are the same as December's. He's either quoting you the December numbers or the Lease Rates haven't changed.
This discussion has been closed.