Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    It's going to be more than two or three weeks before that shows on your credit. I'd pay down the debt and wait at least 45 days. Some creditors don't report your info to the bureaus but once a quarter. If you can't wait that long, pay down the debt and contact the creditors to have them report the change immediately. In such case, it still won't show on your credit report before 30 days have passed.
  • I know it is $625, but when one is negotiating with the salesperson and comes to an agreed upon price, does this include the $625 acquisition fee, or is that extra?
  • Looks like MF's and Residuals went up across the board for the February Lease offers :(
  • lsmblsmb Posts: 7
    Corsche,

thanks for the insights. I made some progress by escalating it up the chain and have at least now all his (new) deal elements. I think they tried to make up for what they gave up in the sales price negotiation by snowing me with the lease deal. The calculator I shared with you earlier was extremely helpful, since it exposed the whole calculation within cents. (Learned also how security deposit gets calculated: first payment rounded up to the next $50, in my case $700).

Without ever admitting to it, he now changed the MF from .00205 to .0019, a step in the right direction, which he claims is the current "BMW sales support rate". Interestingly enough this rate gives me the same results as the bmwusa website's payment calculator, on the basis of which I started my negotiations before seeing this forum and the .0015 MF)

He now claims that he was unaware that I was trying to negotiate the lease (after a 3 weeks email trail...), which is baloney. At the time of sale, he provided me with a handwritten note on two scenarios to which I never agreed, since they were far beyond "rounding errors" he claimed to be the difference. He also said that the MF was non negotiable within the BMW system, I would get the best rate automatically. Apparently all not true.

Do you have any arguments for me, why he "needs" to give me a lower MF at this stage? Other than just begging. Or do I have to cut my losses at this point of little leverage?

Thanks again,
    Lsmb
  • tayl0rdtayl0rd Posts: 1,938
    With all that shady activity from the salesman, I'd cut my losses and never set foot in that dealership again. What's the name of the dealership? And what city is it in?
  • Where did you see the new lease rates? They normally are not posted until the 5th of the month.

Thanks,

Corsche
  • HELP carman and kydfx!

I want to exit my lease early. 22 Payments remaining. Any suggestions?
  • BMW web site has new lease offers expiring Feb 28h - pmt on 525 is 410 higher than pprevious month. Word out there is the inventory on 5's is limited. They must be clearing the market for the 08's due out in late spring.
  • You're right, crzycool22. BMW Financial Services' lease program for the 2007 5-Series is slightly worse in February than it was in January. BMW claims that it does not have enough inventory of 5-Series models to justify the level of lease support that it was providing last month.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello Corsche. BMW's new February lease program has been published. If you tell me what model you want, how long you want to lease it for, and what mileage allowance you need I will be happy to give you an idea of what its February numbers are like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi petesoe. Why do you want to get out of your current lease so early? I am sorry to say that it is usually fairly expensive to get out of leases well before their scheduled end dates. In order to do so, you need to purchase the vehicle that you are currently leasing from the bank that you are leasing it through. It often turns out that it costs more to do so than your vehicle is worth on the open market. Furthermore, many banks expect consumers who end their leases early to still make all, or at least the depreciation portion of their remaining lease payments. As you can see, this can get very expensive.

You can determine approximately how much it will cost you to get out of your current lease by comparing its purchase price to its value on the open market at this time. You should place a call to the bank that you are leasing your vehicle through to find out its exact price. Once you know exactly how much money it is going to cost you to buy your leased vehicle you need to compare it to its current value on the open market. You can find out approximately what your vehicle is worth by looking up its Edmunds.com True Market Value in the Used Vehicle Pricing section of this site. You also may want to stop by the following discussion: "Real-World Trade-In Values". One some of our most knowledgeable community members frequent that discussion and they are often kind enough to give others their opinions on vehicles' value. Don't forget to check to see if you are still on the hook for your remaining lease payments. The difference between your leased vehicle's current value and how much it will cost you to buy it plus any remaining lease payments that you are obligated to pay will equal the cost of getting out of your lease right now. You may find that you are better off waiting until you are closer to the scheduled end of your lease to get another new vehicle.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi. I saw your offer to the other person to figure out some lease numbers, and was hoping you might for me too? I am new to the board and to leasing, and am trying to get an idea of what I'm doing before I walk into a dealership. I'd like to lease a 530, so I'm thinking it will total around 50 to 53 thousand, is my guess. Not sure. Can you help me with some lease numbers? One other little question. I have not driven a 530ix yet, only the 530i. Think AWD will make it drive more roughly? Thanks in advance for any and all information.
  • Hi, again, Car_man. I forgot to add that I need a minimum of 15,000 miles per year, for three years. Thanks much. Lindalouwho
  • jim53jim53 Posts: 109
    Car_man,

Can you give me the current residual and mf for a 36 month, 15K per year lease? Also, does BMWFS offer a 39 month lease and if so, are the numbers different?

Thanks.
  • Car_Man,

Thanks. Looking for 550i for 36 months with 12K miles per year lease rates.

Corsche
  • jaypsjayps Posts: 9
    2007 530xi
    Cold Weather Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Automatic

Selling price $52,500
    36 months, 15,000 miles
    $4000 includes all fees and cash down
    $699/month
    residual $32,500

I believe the money factor is .00185, no security deposit.

Make sense?

Thanks in advance for any comments!
  • Is this a good deal?
    525I lease for 28 months. $800 at signing. (1st pmt, DMV, Doc Fee)
    $512 per month tax incuded. (OPTIONS - AUTO & COLD PKG)
    MF .00005 Res 72%.
  • Whois quoting you these numbers. I have been to several dealers in the Richmond VA area and spoke with South Bank Leasing. The best terms I have seen this month is a MF of 0.0009 Residual of 65% for a 30 month 15K year lease. To me that is a good monthly payment.Who is offering that rate?
  • 2007 530i...cold weather package, premium package, navigation, sport package, comfort access, satellite radio. 12,000 miles/ yr..negotiated price $56,300 ($2000 below MSRP).

Money Factor 0.00051 after 8 security deposits.

Money due at signing is 8 security deposits, $625 acquisition fee, $300 of for tags, plus state tax.

Lease payment: $630/month for 36 months
  • Hi,
    I have two questions.

1. A BMW dealership ran a credit report on February 4th.
    Do I get January rate or February rate ?
    The published February rate says "effective February 6th"

2. Let's say I'm making 7 security deposits on 36 months
    lease. When are the times I should make these deposit
    after initial decurity deposit ??

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.