Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here's the info that you're looking for, gymdawg. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 BMW 535xi Sports Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 55%, respectively. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this car right now, but in general the environment for new vehicle sales is as bad as it has been in a long time. Shoot for as close to dealer invoice as possible and see what happens. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay by visiting the "BMW 5-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi mango39. Without even looking at this car's selling price, I can tell you that there are a couple of things that I personally would want changed with this deal. First of all, the dealer that you are working with is marking up BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor. BMW FS' current buy rate for the '08 528i is only .00220. BMW dealers try to mark car's money factors up to add hidden profit to deals all the time, but now that you know that this car's buy rate is you should be able to find a dealer that will lease you one using it.

Also, I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on this lease. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments when leasing. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease.

Make sure to stop by the "BMW 5-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to get an idea of what sort of selling price to shoot for on a lease of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • tjk1tjk1 Posts: 2
    Is this a good deal on this lease on 528xi?

Design/MSRP
    Description MSRP

USD 46,800.00
    Monaco Blue Metallic
    Cream Beige Dakota Leather N/C
    Cold Weather Package 750.00
    Heater Rear Seats 350.00
    Options Premium Package 2,400.00
    Universal Garage Door Opener N/C
    Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors N/C
    Auto-dimming rearview mirror N/C
    Ambient light package N/C
    STEPTRONIC automatic transmission N/C
    Lumbar support N/C
    Xenon headlights 800.00
    Navigation System 1,900.00
    Adaptive light control N/C

Net Total 53,000.00
    Destination Charge 825.00
    Gas Guzzler Tax N/C
    Total Suggested Price 53,825.00

Sale Price : $50,585.00

Down: $2000K 15000K Miles for 39 Months
    with 58% residual and 0.00200 MF

Lease $689.25, is this a good deal?
  • mevander1mevander1 Posts: 43
    Wow, it seems ,, just my opinion that anyone who pays 800-1000.00/month for a 5 series is on crack!
  • hipohipo Posts: 4
    I have used this forum for buying/leasing my last three cars and I would like to thank the people who share their knowledge and experience. I just leased a new 528 in SoCal and I would like to share my experience:

+ New (not demo) 2008 BMW 528 Space Gray / Black trim / Bamboo wood
    + Sport pkg.
    + Premium pkg.
    + Navigation
    + Xenon
    + iPod/USB adaptor

MSRP: 53275
    Invoice: 49560
    Sell price: 47560

MF: 0.0022 (I decided to put a security deposit because I usually don't abuse my cars. If you choose to waive it the lowest MF is 0.00235)
    Residual: 70% (24 month lease w/10K miles per year)

Monthly payment: 614.5 + tax = 662.1

Drive off: 625 (bank fee) + 1 st month + 455 (DMV/doc) + 700 (security deposit) = ~$2500

I was able to negotiate a good deal because BMW does give back ~$2050 to dealers (on 5-series) and we are getting closer to the end of the month/quarter.
  • ltcadviserltcadviser Posts: 38
    Sounds a little high. Ordered my first BMW after coming off of an Audi A6 lease. It's a Black Sapphire 535XI with the following equipment:

Cold Weather Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Auto
    Comfort Access
    Navigation
    Satellite with one year subscription

Retail was $59,270.00. Selling Price $54,793.00. Adjusted cap cost with sales tax $56,663.00. Out of pocket totaled $2,144.00 which included first payment, security deposit, bank fee and doc fee. Total payment came out to $819.34 per month for 39 months at 15K miles per year. Went 39 months because it saved me about $40.00 per month over a 36 month lease.

Now I just have to wait the 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Yours sounds a little high to me. Your cap cost should have been $52,500.
    Wow, I'm glad that you've found this forum so helpful, hipo. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Real world examples like this are always useful for people who are in the market for similar vehicles. Make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your sweet new ride and have a great 4th of July :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • crmgrcrmgr Posts: 6
    Black Book Invoice for this car was $52,540.00. That took into account $825.00 destination and Premium Pkg credit of $1,910.00. Also threw in sales tax and the acquisition fee to come up with the adjusted. Figure he made about $2,000.00 profit, but he's giving me an additional $500.00 credit on delivery, since I have to pay a disposition fee when I turn back the Audi.

Did he make too much on the deal? Probably, but he's 5 miles from my home and just off the freeway to work. Going to another dealer means I would have probably lost the free loaner when I took the car into him for service plus I believe in always trying to tie in the sales and service with the same dealer. Found it can get me special consideration on problems during the course of the lease. Everything is a trade-off. Figure I'll also have a little more leverage on the next lease I should go again with BMW.
  • jstraw1jstraw1 Posts: 1
    528xi with metallic paint, premium package, cold weather, automatic and iPod connection.

Sale Price for car $46,130 (Invoice is $50,725).
    Sale Price (with sales tax rolled in) $48,732.61
    3 yr lease with 15k per year.
    No Security Deposit
    No Money Down (except first payment and title transfer fees)
    Money Factor 0.00180
    Residual 55%
    Monthly Payment $731.60

Please let me know your thoughts.
  • sk1182sk1182 Posts: 7
    First off, I would like to thank Car man for the advice on my last question. I appreciate the help.

At any rate, my current lease on 2006 BMW 525i ends on 7/19/08 and I have an important decision to make as to whether to return or buy the car. There are two parts to this.

1. Now here's the dilemma. Throughout my 3 year lease, I have had several problems with the batteries. I think it all started when I accidentally left the headlights on overnight and the car didn't start the next day. I had to call in a guy with jumper cables through BMW roadside assistance to correct this issue. The car worked fine for a few months then the battery died 3-4 months later. This pattern continued on for I would say 4 times until I finally had it and went to the dealership to replace the batteries 3 weeks ago.

I don't want to state the obvious but I am correct in thinking that car battery problems aren't anything mechanical related and won't cause long term problems, correct? One of the reasons why I am hesitant on purchasing the vehicle is due to the fact that I've had so many battery problems in the past and I would assume that new batteries that I reaplaced with won't cause many problems as the old ones did.

2. I normally use the automatic headlamp control position for my headlights (by turning the light switch to the left) but last night, I stupidly left the lights on at this position overnight. I wasn't aware that I had done this since the lights weren't on when I went down to the car but I found out that I made a mistake of leaving the lights on at this position over when I got inside the car. My question is, does leaving the lights at this position overnight drain the batteries? I thought that automatic headlamp control allowed the car to adjust to its surroundings and shut the lights off when the engine is turned off. Now, this problem is not the same as the time that I left the lights on overnight as stated above since I was not using the automatic headlamp control the first time I killed the batteries and could actually see that the lights were on the next day.

I have had so many problems with the batteries and had experiences where I could not start the car in the middle of nowhere that I am at the pt of being paranoid if I find out that I could have drained/killed the batteries in any shape or form. I would glad to hear any responses/reassuarances. Thanks for the help guys.
  • enya07enya07 Posts: 3
    Hi, I am at it again. My current 530i lease is up at the end of the month. I used this forum 3yrs ago and can only say good things about, so here I am again.

I browsed the posts from the last couple of weeks, and couldn't find pertinent information. I am looking at a 535xi 3yr/12k lease, and have the following questions:

- what is the residual % at 3yr/12k?
    - what money factor should I expect?
    - is the dealer incentive (~$2000) still in effect for July?
    - since I am a returning BMW lessee, can does the MF go down with additional security deposits?

Appreciate all your help in advance. I will be on this forum regularly for the next couple of weeks, and will be sharing any and all information I get from the dealers I am negotiating with.

Cheers,
  • drgumsdrgums Posts: 51
    I am looking for a lease for a 535xi manual 2008 w/ prem, cold, sports, navig, rear split, rear heated, ipod adaptor. owner loyalty, o down, preferred rates
    there are some slots left for 2008.

I have been quoted $825 per month w/ 1st month, tltle, tags, and destination
    I think this is too high??? The 3 dealers discounted the car from 60K MSRP to apprax $56,500. Can I do better? NJ/PA/MA dealers
    Is it possible to get this car in the low 700"s w/ 0 down? What is the actual cost of this vehicle with all the BMW incentives to the dealer? What figure can I use for a selling price? The residual is 54% and money factor .0022?

I am flexible for 24- 39 months lease. I don't want to put any money down.

I appreciate your help.
  • encinomanencinoman Posts: 2
    Experts, please let me know if you think the following is a good deal:

2008 528i Sedan, 12k mls, 24 mo lease
    Base Price $44,600
    Premium Package $2400
    Ipod and USB Adapter $400
    Destimation & Handling $825
    Total as Equipped $48,225
    Selling Price $43,580

Money Factor 1.8
    Residual Factor 69%

Cap Reduction $1235.
    Cap Reduction Tax $157
    Lic/Registration $380
    Bank Fee $625
    Doc Fee $45
    First Payment $556

Total Drive Off $3000
    Toatl Monthly Payment with tax $556
  • karinrenkarinren Posts: 3
    I am new at this and would appreciate some feedback on this deal -
    MSRP Base: $49,400
    Options: $12,175 (Cold Package, Navigation, Premium Package, Sport, shift paddles, comfort access, HD Radio, Logic Sound, ipod, fold down seats, park distance control)
    Destination: $775
    Listed Suggested Price (MSRP): 62,350 (with above options)
    Lease Price: $52,900
    MF: 00225
    Residual: $ 43,000 - 67%
    Cash: $2,100
    Monthly: $599.00, 24 months, 10,00 miles

THANKS for any advice, suggestions, comments-
    Kate
    I am new at this and would appreciate some feedback on this deal -
    MSRP Base: $49,400
    Options: $12,175 (Cold Package, Navigation, Premium Package, Sport, shift paddles, comfort access, HD Radio, Logic Sound, ipod, fold down seats, park distance control)
    Destination: $775
    Listed Suggested Price (MSRP): 62,350 (with above options)
    Lease Price: $52,900
    MF: 00225
    Residual: $ 43,000 - 67%
    Cash: $2,100
    Monthly: $599.00, 24 months, 10,00 miles

THANKS for any advice, suggestions, comments-
    Kate
  • encinomanencinoman Posts: 2
    Kate,
    Are you putting $2100 as a cap reduction, or is that the TOTAL drive off cost?
    clarification for encinoman-
    Cap reduction - $2,100
    Total out the door - $3,250 (cap, tax, lic fees)
  • suznsaxsuznsax Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man
    First off I totally agree with you -- don't put any money down on a lease. Secondly, is the BMW FS money rate and residual value the same for 535 as it is for the 528? If so, has it changed in July?
    Thanks!
  • enya07enya07 Posts: 3
    Car_man, any insight on my 535xi 3yr/12k lease questions?

- what is the residual % at 3yr/12k? --> I am getting 57%
    - what money factor should I expect? --> I am getting .0018
    - is the dealer incentive (~$2000) still in effect for July? --> I am getting ~$1300 under invoice

- since I am a returning BMW lessee, can does the MF go down with additional security deposits?
  • I really need some help with some pricing on a 36 month / 10K year lease; wanted to take advantage of the recent rate drop from .0022 to .0018 and residual of 58%.

Black / Black
    Premium Package
    Automatic
    Heated Seats
    Xenon
    Ipod

MSRP – 49,525
    Invoice – 46,000
    Selling – 45,110

Upfront $1,500 - includes all fees and fun stuff
    Monthly payment is $619.00 (includes NC taxes)

From my understanding, the rate dropped from .0022 to .0018 with an additional .0004 reduction if you currently own BMW (which we do) thus bringing the rate to .0014 – right? I have a feeling my CA is not being honest with me (he has sold three other BMW to us – so I have a trust factor with him).

First, is the 45,110 a fair price, it does not seem the PP option credit was applied?

This is what he said about the rate:

The difference in the .00180 verses the .00140 is… You qualify for the .00180 rate by having a BMW in the household, the .00140 rate is if you currently have a BMW with BMW Financial Services, this allows you to get the rate down more…

I have a feeling I am not be dealt with honestly.

PLEASE ADVISE…
  • 1985mb1985mb Posts: 54
    I would look here for the residual and MF:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296810

The MF has dropped 0.00040 from the rates published July 1st, so 535s are at 00160. Remember to adjust the residual for your miles (see the footnotes on the 1st post of that above page).

The prem. package incentive (a.k.a. Option Credit) is still in effect, AFAIK.

Anyone can lower their MF via MSDs (max 7 MSDs means MF is .00049 lower). But you might be extra lucky if you qualify for the OLP (owner loyalty), which you probably do. That drops your MF another 00040. Max MSDs and OLP would lead to an ultimate MF of .00071 :blush:
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,621
    Not exactly the same, but similar..

Slightly better for the 535i

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Hi suznsax. BMW Financial Services' enhanced July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 535i with 15,000 miles per year are .00160 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • hoonie99hoonie99 Posts: 4
    You received almost 10k off MSRP? Thats really good. Where are you located, I don't think getting a deal like that is possible in NY/NJ/CT can you send me a PM and let me know who the dealer is? I would love to buy one at that price. Thanks
  • 53turk53turk Posts: 8
    i have ordered an 08 535xi couple weeks ago, what do you think?

premium, sport,cold weather, logic 7, park distance, hig beam, navigation, comfort access, ipod usb

MSRP - $62625.00
    ePRICE - $56800.00

$1919 due at signing
    30mo/15Kyear
    $875/mo (including tax)
  • zcqqzcqq Posts: 3
    the deal i just got today 528xi 36mo 12k
    premium, cold, Xenon, auto, Ipod
    1000 drive off, 688/mo includes tax

What a unbelievably good deal, right? guys
  • Went to a dealership in NJ and had this offer and would be interested in what others thought. Was I right in being a little disappointed that they didn't try to be more aggressive on the MSRP? Also, Premium (~$1900) is included as July incentive so it's not like he knocked that much off the MSRP. I think the final lease price was good but have a feeling I could do better...am I off my rocker?

535xi w/Cold Package and Premium Package
    36 months/12K miles
    Residual 57%
    Money Factor 0.0016
    $0 Down
    MSRP $55,225
    Sale $51,500
    Out of pocket $4606
    Lease w taxes = $688.93
  • Please help me and let me know what I should be paying (best deal) for a New 528 i with Premium Package, Automatic ,Xenon,Ipod, and Nevigation System...

I am looking for either 2 year or 3 year lease with 15,000 or 18,000 miles per year. I am okay with 5000 down, but, would like to get away with as little down as possible.

Is it true that I can get a beter deal right before the last day of the month???

Thanks
  • My wonderful 3 year drive of a '06 530xi is coming to and en 8/27/08 unless I purchase it. I will have about 70,000 miles by then. I know, I know. Don't lease if you are going to put on these types of miles. Done and over. Now the question is should I buy or turn it in. The car is in pristine condition having been driven primarily hwy miles. Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium Pkg, Satellite. Finest auto I have ever owned. A light re-paint of some bumper scratches and a prep and it would look new in and out.

Residual value is $32,019. They offered to sell it to me at $29,103, no down, 5.9% for 24-60 mos. my choice. We now have this down to $25,069 at 3.9%. tax and title extra. They want to keep my $900 security deposit on file from the lease.

There is a real difference between the estimated market value of this car on Kelley and Edmunds. Kelly has it lower (est.$20,000) and Edmunds higher (est. $28,000).

I would like to drive this car another two year and then get the anticipated 535xi diesel.

Is $25,000 the right price for this car? Am I crazy to keep it? Should I just lease a 2009 535xi?

Thanks for your thoughts.

BCEagle1
This discussion has been closed.