Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• yatzeyatze Posts: 33
    Thanks. I will touch base with you in February. I live in a pretty affluent area, and this was the only dealer out of 4 who would even consider doing this -- the others said they don't buy back cars. End of story. My dealer would only sell/lease a new car.

I already told this dealer that I would walk away if the deal wasn't good as I have 2 other cars and either would keep them or get a honda. Didn't faze them. THey said check back with them in February. So I will and thank you.
  • gardisgardis Posts: 185
    Yatze, I just checked my local dealer here in Fairfield County, CT., they have a 2006 530XIT wagon, with 44,138 miles (!!) and asking $34,900 for the vehicle, CPO. I would say, I have no experience at all like Jayrider, but to me, that $29,000 seems like a deal for a car with only 20K miles? Wow that sounds even cheap to me.
    Jayrider, what do you think of this deal:
    2007 530i with 28K miles, one owner. Warranty runs Aug. 2012. (Aug. 2010 on the service warranty).

Vehicle has all pkgs (sports, premium, cold and 1more I can't remember), NAV,
    premium sound, many other things, dealer called it "loaded".
    They are asking $34,900 for it, and the sales girl said they would negotiate. Also has tinted windows (after-market) which they offered to remove no charge. Since the car is black/black, it's a little too dark.

I'm reading what you are saying about the market, and thinking maybe I let them sit on the car and wait it out, but the car is beautiful, I hate to lose out. It's been on the lot for about 3 to 4 weeks now. I'm trading in a 1996 328i with 106K miles on it. Don't have a clue what they'd offer me for the car.

Then there's another dealer with a 2007 530XI, 18K miles, white/beige, sports and premium pkgs only, he wants $36,900 firm. He calls that price "competitive." I don't know that they'll move on it, yet I'm attracted to the warranty on that vehicle which runs until Apr 2014 since the car didn't go into service until Apr 2008 for some reason. His position is that since his vehicle has AWD it's worth the extra. I couldn't care less about the AWD.

What do you think, any advice.? I'm holding off and waiting. I figure who's looking for a new car in early January.

thanks Jayrider.
    Gardis in CT
    gardis72@gmail.com
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,348
    Since you are trading 1996, there is almost no way to calculate your deal. You need to sell it or wholesale it out because no dealer will give you $500 for it. Pay a $100-$150 to have it detailed and drive it another year.It will seem like a different car. Best advice you'll get.
    Jayrider
    I don't get it. I am talking about purchasing the vehicle, not leasing.
    I'm planning to trade in the 1996.
    I don't follow you. You're saying don't buy anything, keep what I have and drive it another year? Please clarify. Sorry, and thanks.
    Trading a car turns a clear deal into a muddy one. What the dealer gives you in trade varies from one dealer to another so unless you sell your car before you deal you really don't know where you stand. With a 8 year old car with 100k plus miles a dealer isn't going to be interested unless it is pristine and runs like new in which case you should sell it yourself. If the car is rough, no one will want it. Get it detailed and drive it til the wheels fall off. Every month bank the payments then when it finally dies donate it and start searching for a new one. The dealers you talked to don't see you as a serious buyer. From our discussions I don't see you as a serious buyer. Nothing wrong with that, just an impression. You haven't test drove any of the cars you seem interested in so that would be a good first step. You might decide your car compares well enough to keep it. If your present car is dependable you should be able to get another 50k out of it. Me personally, I would never spend 35k on a used car. No way no how. So many fine autos available foreign and domestic brand spanking new with great features safety and value. To each his own -- good luck.
  • Hi sdsualums. BMW just introduced its January lease program a few days ago. BMW Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 528i with 10,000 miles per year are .00100 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Welcome abuck. The most important numbers that you can find out when negotiating a lease are the MSRP and selling price of the car that you want. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without these two numbers A) it is impossible to calculate a lease payment on your own to double check the one that you were quoted and B) it is difficult to tell how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Find out what these numbers are and let us know. I am sure that either myself or another helpful community member will gladly give you their opinion on them.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • soupconsoupcon Posts: 13
    car_man!
    can you tell me the january 2009 residual and money factor for MY08 550i's (36mo/10k)? i heard the residuals went down on a lot or all of the MY08's.
  • eights38eights38 Posts: 137
    Hi soupcon,

2008 BMW 550
    36 Months - 10,000 Miles per Year - 0.00120 Money Factor - 56% Residual

Best,
    Matt
    eights38@gmail.com
  • abuckabuck Posts: 6
    Carman,

Thanks so much for the response. I went ahead and leased the car on the 2nd of january, in Los Angeles, but i would really appreciate some feedback on my deal, so that in three years I might make a more informed decision and not get stuck in my newbie mistakes.
    Here are the numbers:
    08 528i adding ipod/usb and xenon headlights. 36 mos/12k

MSRP $46,625
    Agreed upon price: $43,560
    Adjusted Cap (incl 985 driveoff): $44491
    residual: $26576
    Depreciation:$17915
    rent charge:$895
    monthly payment (incl tax): $565

So, I guess I should have driven the agreed upon price lower, and then I might have gotten a better deal. classically, I was a bit smitten with the monthly payment, so I am sure I did this whole thing to the dealer's advantage.
    Would appreciate any feedback to offset the learning curve.
    Thanks!
  • I just had an offer from my local BMW Dealership for a 528I
    Premium Package - Sport Package Power Seats.
    36 month/12000 miles
    2500.00 Down 697.00 + tax
    MSRP 52825.00
    Cap Cost 2500
    Adj Cap Cost 51250
    Money Factor .00190
    Residual ( Lease) 31695.
    I know I can get a better deal.
    Can somoeone help with a reasonable offer?
    Thanks much
  • I also forgot to add that I am a repeat customer and have Excellent Credit.
  • romerromer Posts: 3
    Car_man-

Please provide the money factor and residuals on a 2008 and 2009 535i, 12k mi/yr., 36 month lease.

Thanks.
  • Just was offered the following deal over-the-phone from the salesman I have purchased from in the past. Location West Bloomfield, Michigan.

MSRP Invoice
    528i (Xdrive) 48,100 44,330
    Premium 2,400 2,185
    Cold Weather 750 685
    Xenon lights 900 820
    iPod adaptor 400 365

The deal is no money down, 12K miles, 36 months, $769 (including tax)

I don't know the money factor, the residual or the selling price and I am not sure how to find out if they were good even if I knew them.

Would appreciate all insights.
  • Have more information on above deal.

MSRP is $52,875. (different MSRP for same equipment)
    Sale price is $50,375
    Residual is 60% or $31,725
    Money factor is .00215
  • Thanks for info.
    I was able to get them to go to 630 + tx for 2009 bmw 5 series premium and sport.
    I want it at 630.00 tax incuded. So far its a NO. I am not giving up.
    R
  • Hi Carman and board,

I am interested in leasing a 2009 535 XI with navigation and Satellite radio.

Has anyone leased on and got a good deal? I am so confused when negotiating and got ripped off on my Mercedes E350 which luckily is coming up off lease.

Any help, past dealings or pointers on fair deals would be great.

Thanks

:confuse:
    M
  • Car man,

I have 2007 530i and the lease ends Jan, 2010 however I already used up all my miles today and can't use it but stuck w/ the rest of monthly payments. Is it better just keeping it till it's due or should I trade it in?

I'd appreciate your opinions, thanks!!
  • just drive it and pay for the miles. i think its like 10 cents a mile if you buy them from bmw in advance. it'll cost you $1000 bucks for 10,000 miles. just dont drive around in circles all year and you will be fine. since you prob cant turn your car in and you need to drive something, it'll be cheaper than leasing another vehicle and still having to make payments on the 530, even if there was some way to turn the vehicle in early you would prob be heavily penalized and it would be cheaper to just pay for the overmilage
  • Hi Guys trying to getout of my 08 535 lease.
    I still have 32 months left(out of 36)
    any suggestions please let me know at anujsharma10@yahoo.com ? I stay in New Jersey.

08 535i Prem\Nav\Cold my payment is only 583 includes Tax....
  • jmcbmwjmcbmw Posts: 64
    I've had 3 successful transactions using http://swapalease.com/
    Did you take over leases or sell them. Also how is sales tax computed on lease you buy?
  • I thought people dont really use/trust these website's.......

Its's a tough one for me... I have to get out of this lease but I know I'll never get a deal for a BMW 535 for $583.....
  • Really... How did you get this deal? How much down you put? Options on 535?
    I just returned my 06 325I to my local dealer for 09 528 I, they paid for the remainer of the lease on the 3 series. ( 3 months, I paid one) - plus 2500.00 down. My payment 640.00 Tax included. .. Premium pack./.xenon light/ipod adapter/xm radio.
    Just read $2500 bmw money til feb 2. Check it out.
  • jmcbmwjmcbmw Posts: 64
    I got out of 3 leases on swapalease. Just paid the $150 and posted the ad and pictures. Wait for responses, show the car and file the paperwork. The sales tax is paid montly based on the county of registration so will change if your county is different (at least in CA). I have had three seamless transactions (2 BMW and 1 Mercedes). The person interested actually has to have credit to qualify for the sames terms as your lease was aquired under.
  • What do you think of this deal I just negotiated on a 535xi lease with cold weather, navi, satelite radio, ipod adapter?

MSRP: $60,670
    Adjusted cap cost with $2,500 BMW rebate = $56,133.07
    3 year lease, 15,000 miles per year
    Money rate: .00175
    Residual: 58%
    No money down
    $798.33 per month

Is this a good deal?
    Wow, $28,800 total for a lease on a car, at the end of which you give the keys back and get nothing. That comes to exactly half the total value of the new vehicle. Am I nuts, or is this whole world off its rocker??
This discussion has been closed.