Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• My advice being in the ATL area, shop around for what exactly you want. Once you find a car, all dealers can get that car. So, email them all for quotes and go in round robin to get the final good price.

Definitely consider BMW of Macon and Athens vs. the big ATL guys. Also, try Chris at Global Imports.
  • pmistpmist Posts: 1
    u still looking for someone to take over this lease? may be interested....
  • Hi,
    Could you please advice if this is a good deal?
    2009 BMW 528 xi
    Premium Package, cold package, metallic paint, no navigation
    MSRP - $52,475
    Res. Factor - 61%
    Drive-offf payment - 2,700
    36 month, 10K miles per year lease
    monthly payment - $709

Please let me know if this is a good deal and how i may be able to negotiate?
    thanks,
    harry
  • Looking at leasing a new 535 sedan -- Is the MF and Resid for this vehicle still .00175 (existing BMW customer) and 60% ?

I am also going to approach BMW finance about buying out my 2006 530 wagon (30k miles)--My lease terminates April 15th--When should i approach BMW on my buyout ? the stated buyout amount is $34.7k and i am offering $28k plus certified extended warranty-- Do i even involve my local dealership in this discussion ?

Thnaks
  • I am in the same boat with my 2006 530 wagon, but have 49k+ miles.

I would like to hear what deals folks are getting from BMW on CPO 5 series.
  • Hi Car_man, kydfx, and everyone, is this reasonable to expect...on 528 xi

36-month | 12k miles | residual 60% | .00145 base money factor

2500 In customer Loyalty

MSRP:50575
    Selling Price: 46580 (Invoice) - 2500 loyalty= 44380,
    Montlhly @ 533. including tax. Inception fees additional.

Is this achievable or is it way out there....Thanks!
  • yatzeyatze Posts: 33
    Hello, I have 2 weeks left on my lease. Can you tell me the auction prices for a 530 06 wagon with 21,000 miles.

Local dealer said buyout price this month was 32K vs. last month 29K because BMW changed something about buyouts.

It helps if you know the auction prices.

Thanks.
  • blhblh Posts: 18
    Hey yatze,

Try autobargblog.com here's what i got.

Welcome to AutoBragBlog, Brian! I’d be happy to look up BMW wholesale prices for you.

For a 2006 BMW 530XI Sedan Auto with 30,000 miles, wholesale prices range from $29,200 (being in above average condition) to $26,100 (being in average condition) and $23,100 (being in below average condition). A dealership will usually aim to sell it for +12%-14% more than wholesale, so their estimated retail prices could range from $25,200 to $31,800. A private seller will usually aim to sell it for 5%-10%.

For a 2006 BMW 530XI Wagon Auto with 30,000 miles, wholesale prices range from $28,400 (being in above average condition) to $26,100 (being in average condition) and $23,800 (being in below average condition). A dealership will usually aim to sell it for +12%-14% more than wholesale, so their estimated retail prices could range from $26,100 to $31,100. A private seller will usually aim to sell it for 5%-10%.
    NO deals. Latest offer I got was $32K buyout CPO and my 530 wagon has 21k miles.
    Thanks for the info. My car has 21K on it, and the best price I can get this month is 32K CPO.
  • dab4dab4 Posts: 1
    Just received a quote on an '09 535xi cold weather, sport pkg, ipod, nav, fold down rear seat, premium pkg 62k, 00215 money factor, 61%residual, pmts came out close to 1k per month!! Doesnt sound like BMW is trying to hard to move their vehicles?? They didnt offer any rebate money and money factor sounds high?!?! Comments??
  • Hoping someone can tell me what they think or where I can improve this lease offer - coming from NJ dealer.

2009 528i
    Premium, cold weather, navi, sirius, and ipod adapter, auto, xenon, fold down rear. 23K miles / year, 36 months

Cap Cost - 51400
    Bank Fee - 925
    Total Cap - 52,325
    Cap Reduction - 2500
    Net Cap - 49,825
    Residual - 27,746

Total Payment - 725.78

MSRP - 54045
    Cap Reduction 2500
    Upfront Sales Tax - 2026
    Luxury Tax - 205
    DMV fee - 254
    State Inspection 7.70
    Advance Payment 725.78
    Other Fee (?) - 195
    MF - .00145
    Total Drive Off - 3422

Thanks for any help!
  • Does anyone know the current MF and residual for a 2008 528xi, 12k/36mos? Also is BMWFS providing any rebates or support for existing customers? I have a lease coming up in the next month and am hoping to get a great deal on a leftover 2008. Thanks! :)
  • Hello,

Do you have the current mf and residual value for a 2009 528i, 12k, 3yr.

Also, what is a reasonable amount of cash over invoice to offer.

Thank you
  • That is a rip off. In February I leased the same vehicle for $798 per month. My adjusted cap cost was $56,133, .58 residual, .00175 money factor. My lease is 15,000 per year for 3 years.
  • Looking for the MF and residual for a 2009 528iDrive-- I am a returning BMW customer--12k/ 3 years--

Thanks
  • dtahtdtaht Posts: 1
    Car Man: I have an existing lease with BMW FS and was wondering if the sales tax that I pay with each lease payment will increase as the state just upped the rate by 1%? Seems to me that when BMW FS bought the car from BMW NA, they would have had to pay the full sales tax at that time, and in essence I am now paying it back.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,733
    CA taxes the lease payment, each month.. No upfront tax, unless it's paid on a downpayment (cap reduction)..

So, if the sales tax goes up by 1%, so will your payment..

Sorry.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• You're very welcome, regissa1. Congratulations on getting your new 5. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi robprivi. I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on the car that you are interested in for you. However, in order for me to do so I need to know its pricing first. Look up the exact car that you want, as you want it equipped, over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site and let me know what its MSRP and dealer invoice price are.

Once I have these numbers, I can plug them, along with BMW's current lease program into my handy dandy lease calculator and work up a sample lease payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi marleyflynn. The numbers that you posted for this car's lease program are indeed correct. On top of this, BMW introduced a special owner loyalty program on the 5-Series this month. Returning lessees are eligible for a $2,500 cash incentive and a .00030 money factor reduction op top of the lease program that you mentioned.

I wouldn't even bother involving the dealer in negotiating the buyout on your current car. Place a call directly to BMW Financial Services and see if they are willing to work with you.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey dollar_pound. Dealer invoice minus the loyalty incentive is an aggressive price, but if you are in an area that has a decent level of competition it would not shock me if you were able to get a deal like this done.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi comer98. Here's the information that you're looking for. For some reason, it does not appear as though BMW is providing lease support on the '08 528xi any longer. It does have support on the non-AWD version of this car though.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 528i with 12,000 miles per year are .00100 and 55%, respectively.

BMW is providing a special $2,500 cash incentive and a .00030 money factor reduction to current lessees who lease a new '08 528i.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi brichard10. Here's the info that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 528i with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 60%, respectively.

If you are a current BMW FS lessee, you are eligible for a special $2,500 cash incentive and a .00030 money factor reduction on this car.

If I was in the market for one right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of a couple hundred dollars over dealer invoice minus any available cash incentives.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi marleyflynn. BMW Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 528i xDrive with 12,000 miles per year are .00175 and 60%, respectively.

Since you are a returning BMW FS customer, you are eligible for a special $2,500 cash incentive and a .00030 money factor reduction on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • emoryemory Posts: 4
    After a bunch of back and forth I was recently offered this deal on a 2009 535i:

sport package
    premium package
    navigation
    ipod/usb
    comfort access
    satellite radio

36 months, 12,000 miles
    .00175 MF
    60% residual
    Sale price $57,970.00
    Monthly payments $770.87

I am interested in opinions on whether I got an ok deal or not. I went to another dealer while negotiating this deal and their first quote out the box for the exact same car, 36 months, 12k miles was in the high $59K range with monthlys coming in at $921. At the time I had the other dealer at $818 per month so I quickly said screw them.
  • looking for a money factor and residual for a 2009 335i Xdrive 10,000 miles per year.
    Also I have have financed 3 previous BMW's with BMW FS. I currently do not have a lease or loan with them. As a "returning" customer would I qualify for the 2500 if its been a couple of years?
    Thanks for your help.
  • JennJenn Posts: 9
    Hi Car_man,

I was offerred the following on a 528i, could you tell me if this is a pretty good deal? I think I can get them to go to invoice on the car, right now he's at $500 over.

MSRP: $50,925 (Nav and premium package)
    Residual: 60%
    Cap Cost: $47,955
    12K miles/36 months
    MF: .00145
    Rebate: $2,500
    Add on: $970 (assuming this is destination fee?)
    Adjusted Cap: $46,425
    Total annual fees: $398
    Total initial fees: $36
    Amount due at start: $1238.28
    Monthly payment w/CA tax: $598

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, I need to decide by Sat to get this...my lease is up on my 530 on 3/11.

Thanks!!
  • Carman,
    Why do I see posts here where people ask if $709 is a good deal on a 528xi for 36 months if the BMW website has them with Premium package and auto trans for $559? Are the lease specials shown there realistic? How much dealer contribution do those monthly payments incorporate?

My goal is to lease a 535xi, 36mo, 10k miles, 4K down, for close to 500 per month, since the BMW site has it listed for $629 with 3500 down. I'm estimating that BMW's numbers have 2000 dealer contribution, and I would try to get for invoice.

Thanks
  • The BMW website mentioned that the $2500 incentive was not only for prior lesses, but also for BMW financial customers. Does anyone know if you sign up for the BMW credit card, would you be eligible for the rebate?
This discussion has been closed.