Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Thanks Car_Man!

I ended up getting a pretty good deal on a 2008 535i. Thanks for all your help everyone, this site is awesome!!!

MSRP $60,670
    I paid $57,705
    No sales tax - (end of year tax credit)
    no security deposit
    MF .0024
    $1000 back from BMW used for down payment
    Monthly payment $781
    36month/12,000 mile lease - 62% residual
  • sls1sls1 Posts: 36
    Does BMW require payment of the acquisition fee for current owners? If so, should I be paying that separately or should that be rolled into cost?

I was offered the following deal
    2008 535i, premium package, sirius, ipod adaptor
    MSRP- 52870
    Cap Cost-50,870
    24 months 12,000 miles per
    $0 down and no security
    $640 plus tax
    (out of pocket is first, tax, tag and acquis fee of $625
    Good deal?
  • Everybody pays the acquisition fee, current owners included. You can pay it up front or roll it into the lease. Personally, I like to pay it up front along with tax and security deposit if any so that the only thing my poor brain has to calculate for the lease payment is the cap cost.
  • Awesome deal loveandlight! Enjoy.
  • sls1sls1 Posts: 36
    That's what I thought. Thanks
  • You're very welcome, tnguy1. OK, so you were quoted a selling price of $67,500 on a 2008 BMW 550i that has an MSRP of $69,470. This amounts to a discount of just under $2,000. This car probably has a spread of around $5,500 or so between its MSRP and its dealer invoice price. So that puts the price that you were quoted at around $3,000 over invoice. I am not intimately familiar with what the market is like for the 550i right now, but that's enough room that if there is another BMW dealership to two in your area it wouldn't hurt to shop around. Also, make sure to stop by the "BMW 5-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • No problem, loveandlight. Thanks for stopping back and sharing the details of your lease with everyone. Make sure to visit the new Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others. Enjoy your cool new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • for an '08 528i w/ premium and cold weather packages + park distance control on a lease RETURN car (14K miles already on car).
    24 month lease
    $5k up front
    $450/month (includes tax, my tax rate is$ 8.75%)

need to decide ASAP. please offer much needed ADVICE! I'm a bit hesitant on a "used" lease car.. is this a good deal? THANK YOU!!
  • x021627x021627 Posts: 148
    claire: you are buying down the monthly lease rate, by reducing your capitalized cost with the $5k down. You should look to never put any money down on a lease. You didn't mention the selling price as well as the residual and money factors the dealer is charging you. hard to know if it's a good deal without it. I'd like to see the maintenance records on this car and you can also try CARFAX since the 14K miles were put on in a very little period of time. You could probably due better on an new vehicle. they are alot of smart folks on this board that can give you better responses then I, but I just mentioned a few things I have learned so far on this board.

Good Luck!
    x021627
  • 535xi Touring
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Sirius
    Navigation
    Park Distance Control
    MSRP $61,270
    Invoice (including $775 destination, $180 training, and $300 MACO) = $56845

Dealer offered $1500 over invoice = $58345
    MF=.00225 base rate - .00045 loyalty - .00049 multiple security deposit =.00131
    Residuals = 69% for 30 months or 63% for 36 months (both @ 10K miles per year)

Dealer wants to mark up acquisition fee from $625 to $825, but I hope to knock that down.

I didn't get all the way down to 2% over invoice, but good deal?
  • I'm looking for a 2008 528i with leather (or premium package) and cold weather package (or heated front seats, at least). 10,000 miles/yr and $0 down.

We're also trading in our 2005 525i (same car as above); it has 14,000 miles.

Of the 4 dealers I'm talking to, the best offer is $667/month. Comments?

Thanks!
    i think you can do alot better than $667/mo. I have on order a '08 528xi with premium package, cold weather package, xenon headlights, navi and ipod/usb adapter for 36 mos. 12K per year with no money down for a little less.

I would check the invoice price for the car you want on bimmerfest.com and use that to negotiate a better price. I found when searching myself that 2 dealerships gave me a competitive price right out the barn via email, while another dealership offered $1700 more, but said If I can in they could discuss meeting the other prices.

Good Luck!

x021627
  • I am currently leasing a 2005 530i and would like to turn in the car two months before the lease expiration and lease another 5 series. Any experiences or suggestions in having BMW waive the payments for the last 2 months of my lease? Thanks in advance.
  • mroniomronio Posts: 5
    Atlanta - 535i - premium package, navigation, sirius, heated front seats, ipod
    $2800 negative equity rolled in because of being upside down on an SUV, I have to get rid of
    MSRP 55,270
    36month/15k miles
    $5000 down
    $860/month

Thoughts?
    Thanks.
  • I got a quote to lease an new M5 for $1,219 a month for 2 years with 20k miles a year from Shelly BMW in Buena Park, CA. The drive off is $5,955 plus 1st payment, license, etc. or about $7.6k. I talked with a couple of other local dealers and they are all hesitant to quote me so it seems like a good deal. What are the residual and money factors on a new M5? Is this a good deal?

The invoice prices I've found on the Net are $76.3k but I don't know what the invoice cost is for all the options. Is there some sort of percentage I can use to determine total invoice cost? I want the Comfort Access system, HUD, Multi-Function Seats, Premium sound, and Side Airbags. The sticker cost for these is something like $5.1k.

We are negotiating the value of my trade and knowing their cost structure would help me. Thanks very much!
  • turn2turn2 Posts: 1
    Hi BMW Experts!

I am looking at a BMW 528xi lease. The configuration I'm considering has an MSRP of $59,580. What is a fair monthly lease payt. on a 24 or 30 month lease based on the following information?

NY Resident.
    $3000 Cap Cost reduction, SalesTax, Acq. Fee, 1st payt. paid at time of delivery.

Thanks.
    are you planning to pay full MSRP less the 3K cap cost reduction? Hummmm...you should never pay a cap cost reduction since even though you'd have gap insurance in case of an accident, you would lose this money in the event the car was totalled. You want to work to get the selling price, not MSRP to be as little over invoice price as you can.

Hope this helps and good luck. :D
  • glbmwglbmw Posts: 4
    Any info on leasing an M5 ie, residual, money factor for 10k/2 yr or 10k/3 yr?
    Also is $500 over invoice a reasonable price? Thanks
  • eights38eights38 Posts: 137
    glbmw - Congratulations on considering the M5, it is an absolutely amazing car!

24 Month – Residual 73% of MSRP – .00295 Base Rate
    36 Month – Residual 60% of MSRP – .00295 Base Rate

$500 over invoice seems rather aggressive. If you need any more help, please feel free to email me or reply.
  • Thinking about a new 535i...

Residual and money factor for 10,000 miles 2 year or 10,000 miles 3 year?

Thanks
This discussion has been closed.