Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• smithsongasmithsonga Posts: 123
    what is the price? the price is the most important part.
  • gvitalik1gvitalik1 Posts: 29
    Hi All,

Looking for June lease rates for 2011 535.

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi suznsax. I haven't see the GT's lease program for June yet. I'll make some calls today and post what I am able to find out for you as soon as I can.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi mjoppru. BMW Financial Services' 36 month buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 535i Sedan with 10,000 miles per year are .00230 and 49%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 535i Sedan are .00230 and 61%.

In June, BMW is providing a $7,000 cash incentive on the 2010 535i. Make sure to take this cash into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    edited June 2010
    Here you go, gvitalik1. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 535i with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • hipohipo Posts: 4
    Car_man,
    Thanks for being so helpful. Can you please clarify if the 7K incentive on 535 includes the 1.5K loyalty? Edmunds and other sites show only 6K (and 1.5K loyalty).

Do you also know what is the total incentive on 528? Is it 5K (+1.5K loyalty) or 6K (+1.5K loyalty)?

Thanks!
  • billyd6billyd6 Posts: 3
    Is the money factor likely to go down or the residual value to go up as more of the 2011 5 series cars get out to dealers? I am looking at the 550i but am thinking that they might get a little more aggressive in a month or two. What do you think?

Thanks!
  • ghstudioghstudio Posts: 931
    unless there is a significant change in our economy, the money factor will only go down. It's already pretty high compared to competition. I don't think the residual value will go up....they've been burned by having higher than reality residuals before.

Most likely, you will see some money (marketing incentive) applicable to a lease which is effectively a reduction in the capitalized cost.

But of course, according to my local BMW dealer, the new 5 is so popular that they won't be discounting them at all for at least 2 years. (Maybe I should be on the same pills he's on).....
  • mjopprumjoppru Posts: 14
    I think he's right. I think the leasing will get cheaper. The money factor will come down.
  • billyd6billyd6 Posts: 3
    Any idea on when the money factor might be reduced or marketing money might become available? I have extended my current lease by 2 months to expire on August 15th. I am thinking I will wait until then to order a car which will allow me to extend again until the car is delivered. I would try and negotiate a deal that would give me the lower lease pricing if it was available when my car came in.

Any thoughts or advice?

Thanks again!
    You're welcome, hipo. No, the $7,000 does not include the loyalty cash. BMW was providing $6,000 dealer cash on the 2010 535i in May. It increased it to $7,000 in June. The $1,500 loyalty cash is available on top of that if you're eligible for it.

BMW is providing $6,000 + the loyalty again if you are eligible on the 528i Sedan.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey billyd6. This car's residual values probably won't increase. At some point in the model year, its money factors should improve...but residual values gradually fall as the model year progresses, offsetting part of the money factor improvement.

Car_man
    Host
  • bimmerdudebimmerdude Posts: 20
    Hi Car_man,
    I am planning to lease a new 503i either 2010 or 2011 model and I have a couple of questions:
    1. Please tell me what is the MF and residual for both years for 36/12000.
    2. Please tell me how do I obtain the loyalty discount, will I get it when I apply for BMWFS? (I am current had a load with BMWFS)
    3. Please tell me if the discount is a fix amount or is it a discount of MF? How much?
    4. Sport pkg will always comes with run flat tires, correct?
    5. For the 2010 model, if the car I want has to be ordered, will I be able to get the $7000 incentive discount?
    6. Will I get a better deal if I sign up the lease before 6/30 for 2010 model?

BTW, I am in N Cal.

Thanks very much in advance!
  • ckim72ckim72 Posts: 6
    edited June 2010
    Hi, car_man
    I got a quote for a 2011 535i with MSRP $57725, $1572 down include 1st month payment, 15000 miles w/ 58% residual value for 36 month and money factor was .00245. monthly payment came out $848.70 plus tax.
    is this good deal?

thanks
  • ckim72ckim72 Posts: 6
    sorry, discounted price was $55205
  • bwaybway Posts: 12
    looking to lease a 550 MSRP $70000 in SoCal, 36 mo, 15k, what should my month payment be, $2000 deposit includes, 1st payment and taxes and license. I am returning a 535.

Thanks
  • nameseannamesean Posts: 8
    Here is what I was offered, can anyone tell me if this is fair. Thanks in advance.

535i, with Navigation only (I would have to order / wait for this)

Money factor of .0025.
    The residual is 61%
    Discounted the car $2000.

10k miles per year (I work from home)
    $1857 down - first payment and acquisition fee

$52375 (minus the 2K discount)
    $50375

$798 a month

Sound Fair?
    Anyone who is familiar with BMW Financial Services knows that since the beginning of time it has used a pass / fail system for its lease approval process. Either consumers qualified for its best available rates or they could not lease through BMW FS at all...and your credit had to be pretty messed up for the latter to happen.

Yesterday BMW announced that BMW FS is introducing a tiered system for its lease program. Its rates now vary by credit tier, with the people who have the best credit scores getting slightly better rates than what was available last month and much higher money factors for people with low credit scores.

I should be able to get the full details of this new program some time today. Please feel free to post your questions about it here and I'll gladly fill you in on what I am able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
  • ml100ml100 Posts: 3
    Thanks, Car_man, for this and all the other useful info you have posted earlier.

Do you have the BMW FS July residuals and moneyfactor for the 2011 535i? I suspect based on the tiered approach, the moneyfactor will now be a range - do you have that range or for reference, the best moneyfactor assuming the best credit scores.

Also do you know when this policy goes into effect? I am a few days away from leasing one so this may impact me since I didn't apply and lock down the rate yet assuming it would get better in July.

Thanks in advance.

ML
  • ml100ml100 Posts: 3
    @namesean, based on the residual, I'm assuming its a 2011, not a 2010. My sense is that the discount could be more. I am in the market for something similar but more loaded with options (almost $8K more in MSRP) and the discounts I have been offered have been close to twice this (after a lot of negotiations - not just offered up at first shot I should add) and I have to order/wait too. While the lower MSRP in your case means the discounting in absolute $$ terms may be more limited, it still seems to me that you could ask for more. Moneyfactor offered to me was 0.0023 or thereabouts and same residual.

HTH,

ML
  • new2011535ilanew2011535ila Posts: 4
    edited July 2010
    Here's the offer I received, and am picking the car up tomorrow in LA County. After reading this blog, I think I received a fair deal considering my car is here, and the incredibly limited inventory at this early time...however, please offer any advice...

2011 535i, MSPR $61,575
    36 month lease, MF = 5.88% (0.00245)
    60% Residual
    12000 miles/year
    $3000 discount
    $1797 drive off
    willingness to reimburse me a per diem of remaining days on my current lease from a different auto maker (lease expires 7/13)

And, I'm wondering about is a $925 'bank fee (cap)' I noticed on the sales reps screen?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,043
    The $925 bank fee is the acquisition fee.. They have marked it up the $200 maximum allowed from the $725 base fee...

Are you not making a security deposit? It looks like the money factor includes an extra .00015 for the SD waiver... You could knock $15/mo. off your payment (savings of $540) by making a refundable security deposit of $800 or so (refundable... you get it back in 36 months)..

What's the payment?

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• thanks for your help! the payment is $980.22, but that was before I'd talked the price down another $1000...so that payment is based on a cap of $59,575. What amount is standard for a security deposit so to bring down the money factor? is that $200 mark up on the aq fee negotiable? ...I guess everything is negotiable! I think I'm getting a fair deal, but of course will work these other angles you've raised. I'm a sales person myself, and looks as though the dealer adds a bit of money on other points perhaps so easier to reduce at what us buyers concentrate on most, the cap?!
    Sure... the $200 is negotiable.. Usually, when you see the mark up on the acq.fee, then you see the MF marked up, as well.. But, not seeing that in this case...

The security deposit is the total payment, rounded up to the next $50 increment...

Do you have a breakdown on the money due upfront? Is the $59575 the net CAP, or are there additions to that amount?

regards,
    kyfdx

• thanks to my iPhone camera, I have a shot of his screen (he stepped out for a moment, so I acted!)

line 11: Bank Fee: $925
    line 19: Monthly Payment: $980.11
    line 20b: base payment: $893.04
    cap reduct tax, use tax and bank fee tax, all 9.75%
    dmv: 761
    doc fee: 45
    Ca tire: 7
    due at start: 1797.50

reminder : this was prior to a renegotation resulting in another $1K off cap
  • oh...re ur cap inquiry...

cap 59,575
    adjusted cap 60,500
    At a cap of $60,500, I get a pretax payment that matches your $893...

An extra $1000 off saves $30/mo., pretax..

Making the security deposit lowers the payment by $14.50 , pretax...

I wouldn't worry about the extra on the acq.fee, it all goes to the same place.. If you concentrate on the selling price, you can simplify things... Wouldn't hurt to ask for another $1000... All they can say is yes, no or meet you halfway... :)

• bluethunder10bluethunder10 Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Hi All,
    I am trying to get out of my lease of 08 BMW 535i 36 month lease with close to 15 month Left.
    Car is loaded with Navigation, Wood trim, winter package, premium package.
    My monthly payment is also very very low Just $585 a month includes tax.

Now I am not sure where & how can I transfer my lease.
    I am in NJ.

Thanks for help.
    anujsharma10@yahoo.com
  • gvitalik1gvitalik1 Posts: 29
    What exact options and packages you have on it? What color combo? What was MSRP?
    You're very welcome, ML. Here's the information that you're looking for.

BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 535i with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Here's the details of BMW FS' new rate structure for anyone who's interested (effective immediately):

Super Elite / Elite / Standard Tiers
    Published rates
    675+

Standard Plus
    640 - 674
    + .00020

Progressive
    601 - 639
    + .00040

Progressive Plus
    Under 600
    + .00060