Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• 53turk53turk Posts: 8
    I got a quote from a dealer in NJ.
    535xi the msrp is 62.6K
    the selling price is 56.8K
    36mo/15K
    due at signing - $1890
    total monthly payments including tax : $845/mo

I think I cannot get better than this deal. because I have called couple of delaer as well, and for the same car, they were up at the $1000-$1100 area.

What do you guys think?
  • mango39mango39 Posts: 10
    Is this a good deal on this lease?

Design/MSRP
    Description MSRP

Model 0856 528i USD 44,300.00
    Color 475 Black Sapphire Metallic N/C
    Upholstery LCSW Black Dakota Leather N/C
    Options ZPP Premium Package 2,300.00
    319 Universal Garage Door Opener N/C
    430 Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors N/C
    431 Auto-dimming rearview mirror N/C
    563 Ambient light package N/C
    205 STEPTRONIC automatic transmission N/C
    488 Lumbar support N/C
    494 Heated front seats 500.00
    522 Xenon headlights 800.00
    524 Adaptive light control N/C
    655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription 595.00
    Net Total 48,495.00
    Destination Charge 775.00
    Gas Guzzler Tax N/C
    Total Suggested Price 49,270.00

Sale Price : $42994

Down: $5000K 15000K Miles for 36 Months
    with 55% residual and 0.00275 MF

Lease $670, is this a good deal?
    Is this a good deal on this lease?

Design/MSRP
    Description MSRP

Model 0856 528i USD 44,300.00
    Color 475 Black Sapphire Metallic N/C
    Upholstery LCSW Black Dakota Leather N/C
    Options ZPP Premium Package 2,300.00
    319 Universal Garage Door Opener N/C
    430 Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors N/C
    431 Auto-dimming rearview mirror N/C
    563 Ambient light package N/C
    205 STEPTRONIC automatic transmission N/C
    488 Lumbar support N/C
    494 Heated front seats 500.00
    522 Xenon headlights 800.00
    524 Adaptive light control N/C
    655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription 595.00
    Net Total 48,495.00
    Destination Charge 775.00
    Gas Guzzler Tax N/C
    Total Suggested Price 49,270.00

Sale Price : $42994

15000 miles, 36 months with 55% residual and 0.00275 MF
    Down $5000 (for taxes, deposit, etc)

LEASE for Month $670.00
    these figures look good to me, i ran the numbers on lese calculator and you should be around $650+- 5 bucks. but do you really want to do down payment. It may lower down the payments but, you should not do any down payment
    Down payment is towards taxes, deposit, fees and first month payment. Is it also not advisable?
  • drbbongdrbbong Posts: 1
    Hi I'm new here also first time leasing a car.
    I recently received an offer from a local dealer from chapman BMW in phoenix, AZ .
    Alpine whie
    cream beige
    auto sport transmission
    premium/ sport pkg
    comfort access
    rear sunshades
    ipod adapter
    satellite radio
    MSRP $ 58645. and he said my price would be $55040, plus ttl and doc fee

36 month lease, 15k mile/yr w/ inception fees only up front(&2995.45 = 1st months payment, seculity deposit, doc fee and motr vehicle fees ) would give me a payment of $867.33 + 68.96 tax = $936.28/ month.

Do u guys think this is a reasonable deal?
    ok, forget about my previous reply, there was a mistake on the excell sheet.

msrp-$49,270
    selling price- $42,994
    36mo/15K residual-55% money factor- 0.0022 ( you are getting 0.00275 ask why?)
    total due at signing - $1800 (INCLUDING FIRST MONTHS PAYMENT, INCEPTION, DELAER MARK UP, ADVERTISING FEE, ETC)
    TAX IS WORKED INTO YOUR MONTHLY PAYMENTS

you should be paying - around $655.00 /mo
    with these terms, you should be paying $ 840/mo

MSRP $ 58645.
    selling price $55040, plus ttl and doc fee
    residual 55% mopey factor 0.0022
    36 month lease, 15k mile/yr w/
    due at signing $2,900 ( including first months pay, some cash towards dmv fees, advertising, etc...)

don't let them take your money away, you should be at around $840.00 +-5 bucks
  • crmgrcrmgr Posts: 6
    Sounds a little high. Ordered my first BMW after coming off of an Audi A6 lease. It's a Black Sapphire 535XI with the following equipment:

Cold Weather Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Auto
    Comfort Access
    Navigation
    Satellite with one year subscription

Retail was $59,270.00. Selling Price $54,793.00. Adjusted cap cost with sales tax $56,663.00. Out of pocket totaled $2,144.00 which included first payment, security deposit, bank fee and doc fee. Total payment came out to $819.34 per month for 39 months at 15K miles per year. Went 39 months because it saved me about $40.00 per month over a 36 month lease.

Now I just have to wait the 6-8 weeks for delivery.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi Sailingmoe. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your recent lease with everyone. I am sure that other community members will find this info very helpful. If you have the time, make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your dealer experience as well. Enjoy your sweet new ride :) .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Here's the info that you're looking for, gymdawg. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 BMW 535xi Sports Wagon with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 55%, respectively. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this car right now, but in general the environment for new vehicle sales is as bad as it has been in a long time. Shoot for as close to dealer invoice as possible and see what happens. You may be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay by visiting the "BMW 5-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi mango39. Without even looking at this car's selling price, I can tell you that there are a couple of things that I personally would want changed with this deal. First of all, the dealer that you are working with is marking up BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor. BMW FS' current buy rate for the '08 528i is only .00220. BMW dealers try to mark car's money factors up to add hidden profit to deals all the time, but now that you know that this car's buy rate is you should be able to find a dealer that will lease you one using it.

Also, I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on this lease. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments when leasing. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease.

Make sure to stop by the "BMW 5-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion to get an idea of what sort of selling price to shoot for on a lease of this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • tjk1tjk1 Posts: 2
    Is this a good deal on this lease on 528xi?

Design/MSRP
    Description MSRP

USD 46,800.00
    Monaco Blue Metallic
    Cream Beige Dakota Leather N/C
    Cold Weather Package 750.00
    Heater Rear Seats 350.00
    Options Premium Package 2,400.00
    Universal Garage Door Opener N/C
    Auto-dimming interior and exterior mirrors N/C
    Auto-dimming rearview mirror N/C
    Ambient light package N/C
    STEPTRONIC automatic transmission N/C
    Lumbar support N/C
    Xenon headlights 800.00
    Navigation System 1,900.00
    Adaptive light control N/C

Net Total 53,000.00
    Destination Charge 825.00
    Gas Guzzler Tax N/C
    Total Suggested Price 53,825.00

Sale Price : $50,585.00

Down: $2000K 15000K Miles for 39 Months
    with 58% residual and 0.00200 MF

Lease $689.25, is this a good deal?
  • mevander1mevander1 Posts: 43
    Wow, it seems ,, just my opinion that anyone who pays 800-1000.00/month for a 5 series is on crack!
  • hipohipo Posts: 4
    I have used this forum for buying/leasing my last three cars and I would like to thank the people who share their knowledge and experience. I just leased a new 528 in SoCal and I would like to share my experience:

+ New (not demo) 2008 BMW 528 Space Gray / Black trim / Bamboo wood
    + Sport pkg.
    + Premium pkg.
    + Navigation
    + Xenon
    + iPod/USB adaptor

MSRP: 53275
    Invoice: 49560
    Sell price: 47560

MF: 0.0022 (I decided to put a security deposit because I usually don't abuse my cars. If you choose to waive it the lowest MF is 0.00235)
    Residual: 70% (24 month lease w/10K miles per year)

Monthly payment: 614.5 + tax = 662.1

Drive off: 625 (bank fee) + 1 st month + 455 (DMV/doc) + 700 (security deposit) = ~$2500

I was able to negotiate a good deal because BMW does give back ~$2050 to dealers (on 5-series) and we are getting closer to the end of the month/quarter.
  • ltcadviserltcadviser Posts: 38
    Sounds a little high. Ordered my first BMW after coming off of an Audi A6 lease. It's a Black Sapphire 535XI with the following equipment:

Cold Weather Pkg
    Premium Pkg
    Auto
    Comfort Access
    Navigation
    Satellite with one year subscription

Retail was $59,270.00. Selling Price $54,793.00. Adjusted cap cost with sales tax $56,663.00. Out of pocket totaled $2,144.00 which included first payment, security deposit, bank fee and doc fee. Total payment came out to $819.34 per month for 39 months at 15K miles per year. Went 39 months because it saved me about $40.00 per month over a 36 month lease.

Now I just have to wait the 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Yours sounds a little high to me. Your cap cost should have been $52,500.
    Wow, I'm glad that you've found this forum so helpful, hipo. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Real world examples like this are always useful for people who are in the market for similar vehicles. Make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience as well. Enjoy your sweet new ride and have a great 4th of July :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • crmgrcrmgr Posts: 6
    Black Book Invoice for this car was $52,540.00. That took into account $825.00 destination and Premium Pkg credit of $1,910.00. Also threw in sales tax and the acquisition fee to come up with the adjusted. Figure he made about $2,000.00 profit, but he's giving me an additional $500.00 credit on delivery, since I have to pay a disposition fee when I turn back the Audi.

Did he make too much on the deal? Probably, but he's 5 miles from my home and just off the freeway to work. Going to another dealer means I would have probably lost the free loaner when I took the car into him for service plus I believe in always trying to tie in the sales and service with the same dealer. Found it can get me special consideration on problems during the course of the lease. Everything is a trade-off. Figure I'll also have a little more leverage on the next lease I should go again with BMW.
  • jstraw1jstraw1 Posts: 1
    528xi with metallic paint, premium package, cold weather, automatic and iPod connection.

Sale Price for car $46,130 (Invoice is $50,725).
    Sale Price (with sales tax rolled in) $48,732.61
    3 yr lease with 15k per year.
    No Security Deposit
    No Money Down (except first payment and title transfer fees)
    Money Factor 0.00180
    Residual 55%
    Monthly Payment $731.60

Please let me know your thoughts.
  • sk1182sk1182 Posts: 7
    First off, I would like to thank Car man for the advice on my last question. I appreciate the help.

At any rate, my current lease on 2006 BMW 525i ends on 7/19/08 and I have an important decision to make as to whether to return or buy the car. There are two parts to this.

1. Now here's the dilemma. Throughout my 3 year lease, I have had several problems with the batteries. I think it all started when I accidentally left the headlights on overnight and the car didn't start the next day. I had to call in a guy with jumper cables through BMW roadside assistance to correct this issue. The car worked fine for a few months then the battery died 3-4 months later. This pattern continued on for I would say 4 times until I finally had it and went to the dealership to replace the batteries 3 weeks ago.

I don't want to state the obvious but I am correct in thinking that car battery problems aren't anything mechanical related and won't cause long term problems, correct? One of the reasons why I am hesitant on purchasing the vehicle is due to the fact that I've had so many battery problems in the past and I would assume that new batteries that I reaplaced with won't cause many problems as the old ones did.

2. I normally use the automatic headlamp control position for my headlights (by turning the light switch to the left) but last night, I stupidly left the lights on at this position overnight. I wasn't aware that I had done this since the lights weren't on when I went down to the car but I found out that I made a mistake of leaving the lights on at this position over when I got inside the car. My question is, does leaving the lights at this position overnight drain the batteries? I thought that automatic headlamp control allowed the car to adjust to its surroundings and shut the lights off when the engine is turned off. Now, this problem is not the same as the time that I left the lights on overnight as stated above since I was not using the automatic headlamp control the first time I killed the batteries and could actually see that the lights were on the next day.

I have had so many problems with the batteries and had experiences where I could not start the car in the middle of nowhere that I am at the pt of being paranoid if I find out that I could have drained/killed the batteries in any shape or form. I would glad to hear any responses/reassuarances. Thanks for the help guys.
This discussion has been closed.