Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW 5-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• guys.

Comparison shop with Global Imports in ATL. Ask for Chris Smith. Great rep. I have purchased 2 cars from him and he gives a good deal and is great to deal with. I have found them better to deal with and better prices than United (and stay away from Nalley).

Tell Chris I sent ya, Jim Smithson

good luck
  • Sicce,
    I came up with about that same number for leasing if no MSD and your adding the doc fee and lease aquisition fee. My calculations had a down payment of first month and 1 month security deposit. I figured your sales tax at 6%. Good luck. Signing off this blog for now.
  • siccesicce Posts: 11
    Scott,
    United are charging me Acquisition fee $925 and Doc fee of $599 - is this what they were quoting you?

Thanks
    Sicce
  • wllsuwllsu Posts: 1
    Looking at a two car deal and wondering whether I am getting treated fairly considering I am leasing two cars at once.

528i
    Premium Pkg
    Ipod
    Sat Radio
    Metallic Paint

328i
    Premium Pkg
    Value Pkg
    Ipod
    sat radio
    Metallic Paint

$6500 total down, incl. TTL etc. fees
    $1000/mo
    10k/36 mos

Sales tax, 8.25% (waived on the 328i but not the 528i)

Thoughts?

Thanks.
  • I got something similar, Graphite + dakota leather + premium2.
    The total cost out of the door was $60k. The taxes are close to 10% in CA.
    Does your offered price includes taxes, etc.? Thanks.
    edited October 2010
    Just bought 2011 535i , final configuration:
    - Premium 1 Pack
    - Premium 2 Pack
    - Sport Pack
    - Convenience Pack
    - 8-Speed Sport Transmission
    - Graphite Paint
    MSRP: $62125
    Price paid: $57,725 + Doc fee and Acquisition fee
    3yr / 12K /$0 down (except for taxes, plates, etc) / MF=0.0022
  • kwopkwop Posts: 4
    Looks like you leased it. I'm hearing different money factors quoted. Were you able to negotiate the money factor?
    I think they have some flexibility depending on your credit score. Initially I was offered 0.0023.
  • malenkymalenky Posts: 16
    Did anyone hear of $1700 or $1800 options credit on a 5-series? I was offered that on a 335xi two weeks ago.
  • Purchasing an '11 BMW 535xi with Premium, Premium 2 and Comfort Access. MSRP 61,025, my cost: 58,725; 3520 down (Taxes and Tags + First Payment), 754/mo for 12k/36mo. Paul Miller BMW in NJ, I live in VA.
    I strongly suggest Multiple Security Deposits (MSD). Putting down 7 x $800 (rounded up) you may come to about the same or slightly higher monthly payment BUT will get this money back after the lease.
  • Highly recommend multiple security deposits.
    I'm in So Calif area.
    A few months ago, I tried to lease a BMW for the first time. I went to Rusnak Thousand Oaks, because I live nearby.
    For reasons unclear to me, they said the MSD program no longer existed.
    The price for the 3 series didn't seem that attractive to me.
    I went on the Internet. Found terrific deal at Alhambra (Henry Suh there); a bit far. And Nick, at Beverly Hills BMW, where I pass by sometimes. I offered both dealerships what I wanted to pay, and both replied right away affirmatively.
    Eventually found similar good deal at Center BMW in Van Nuys -- Michael G.
    No B.S.
    Maybe this rule doesn't apply -- but when you see how elegantly dressed some of the sales people are at Bob Smith in Calabasas and Rusnak in Thousand Oaks, and the facilities, you wonder if that's why the vehicles are so fully priced.
    All 3 (BMW in Alhambra, Beverly Hills BMW, and Center BMW in Van Nuys) were solid deals, but Michael G. most knowledgeable on cars.
    Rusnak and Bob Smith very bureaucratic, hard to deal with, and not at all in the ballpark in pricing.
    I would be interested in feedback from any of you re: So. Calif, because a relative may be doing a BMW next year. She is in Agoura area, between Bob Smith and Rusnak. But a friend who went to either place could get nowhere with a sales person who always had to get approval, back and forth. Better to go on the Internet. I think these two dealerships compete against each other, but not against Center, BH, or the one in Alhambra.
    Oh, one other thing.
    At Bob Smith, they tried to put an extra $200 on the bank fee, or leasing fee, whatever it's called.
    I'm curious about any other experiences in So Calif.
    Also, why are BMW money factors so high when interest rates are lower than ever?
    It makes it all the more important to get a BMW at invoice or below.
  • Hi all, the 2011 528i is $44,550 base.
    Plus metallic paint: $550
    Leather: $1,450
    cold weather: $1,050

Dealer (BMW Elmhurst, in IL) told me $699 per month, with zero down, 10K miles/yr. Comments?

thanks!
  • loaded 550i MRSP: 75075
    Sale price: 70,300
    36 mos 15,000 miles/yr
    1168 tax included/month inceptions 2022
    I'm in the market for the same car - I got a quote on the similarly equipped car - heated seats only instead of the cold weather - $627 including tax with 7 MSDs and I walked away - time is on my side - I feel I could have squeezed the guy to below $600 - JMK BMW in NJ.
  • thanks, malenky... How much does each MSD lower the payment? And each MSD is about $700, right, so 7 would be $4,900? And is this a good strategy with one's money--to lock up about $5K for 3 years?
  • You're very welcome, scottw58. This looks like a very good deal to me. $400 over dealer invoice is a great selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I believe the RV was 55. ( i know the 535 RV is higher). Money factor I cannot recall (my bad). I don't know if this helpful. I've seen other internet deals that were more per month.
  • every SD drops the MF by 0.00005 up to 7 MSDs for 0.00049 reduction. plus the SD if you are not current BMW owner (leasee?).
  • 2011 535i xDrive Dark Graphite Metallic

Convenience Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Premium Package 2
    Sport Package
    Sport automatic transmission with shift paddles
    Split fold-down-rear seat
    Side and Top View Cameras
    Split fold-down-rear seat
    Smartphone Integration
    Destination Charge 875.00

Total Suggested Price 66,500.00
    Selling Price $64,505.00

36 months
    12,000 Miles
    Down $2,562
    $1073 a month tax included
  • kaysidkaysid Posts: 40
    Hello Car_man

I am in the market for a 2011 BMW 535xi I think the current MF is .00230 for October.
    Can you please tell me the residual based on 12000 miles a year for a 3 year lease. I also presume its a little early to see if there are any changes for the numbers in November?

Regards
    Kaysid
  • JPeriwinkleJPeriwinkle Posts: 9
    edited November 2010
    Hi Car Man:

Do we have any idea on the November Residuals and MF's on a 528 lease for 36/12 ?
    If not, could you confirm the October #'s for me please ?
    Lastly, how exactly does the Holiday credit of $1500 work? Is it tied to something else like a lower MF where you can not get both ect?
    Thank you !!
  • Hello Kaysid. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 535xi with 12,000 miles per year are .00225 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

When negotiating your lease on this car, make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 holiday credit that BMW just introduced on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi JPeriwinkle. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 528i with 12,000 miles per year are .00230 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The $1,500 holiday credit is compatible with this lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan:

Thank you for your reply. One follow up question: I ordered my vehicle 6 weeks ago and locked in the better program #'s from that period. I know that I get better #'s that were locked in when I placed the order but do you think there is a way I can get the Holiday credit as well ? (or do you believe the credit is to replace the less advantageous residual/MF and they will not allow me to get both)

Regards,
    James
  • Read with interest. Squares with my experience here in So Calif
    Steve Thomas BMW, Beverly Hills BMW, the Alhambra BMW dealership, Center BMW all offered same excellent pricing.
    Rusnak/Thousand Oaks and Bob Smith/Calabasas (both great facilities) very pleasant people, just off on price. Also, no fun to see extra $200 added on to bank leasing fee.
  • kaysidkaysid Posts: 40
    Thank You Car_man!
    I was able to work up the following deal with a local dealer in NNJ. Would be interested in what others on the forum think. Can someone confirm that for November Promo the security deposit is waived e.g. $0 for a 5 series? This is what
    the BMW website says but is not reflected in dealers due at signing fees.

2011 BMW 535xi Sedan - Deep Sea Blue Met.
    Prem. Pkg.
    Fold Down Rear Seats
    Heated Front Seats
    iPod & USB Adapter
    MSRP $65,500
    Invoice $52,515
    Sales Price $52,915 ($400 over invoice)
    Lease Term 36/12,000 miles
    $1500 Holiday Credit
    $707.33 per month

FEES:

1st Month $707.33
    Doc. Fee $269.00
    Bank Fee $725.00
    Securit. Dep. $750.00
    NJ Tire Tax $6.00
    NJ Suppl. Title Fee $211.66
    NJ Tax Paid Upfront $1,938.23
    NJ Mtr. Veh. $309.80
    Total Out of Pocket $4,917.02

TIA.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 30,509
    You have to take the program as a whole... Take what you locked in, or what's offered now..

You can't cherry pick pieces of each program...

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Can anyone confirm best possible mf/residual for 15k lease on 2011 535 xi--as well best sale price before $1500 credit--appears $500 over invoice appears doable--I am in MD--any dealers you can recommend? thanks
  • You're very welcome, James. Unfortunately, you can either take advantage of the old program or use the new money factors / residual values with the holiday credit. You can't pick and choose parts of both programs.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.