Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• I am looking at similar car with 92800 MSRP and geting $15K off the MSRP. On 3 year lease with 12 K miles my payment is coming to $1175 with taxes. The money factor they are giving me is .00225 (I am not previous BMW owner) Which dealer did you use to get your deal? and what was your motivation to get the 08 model when the 09 is coming out in March? I am going through this dilema. Should I buy the 08 or wait for 09?
  • IMHO....15k off the 92.8k car is a sweet deal....a couple of things for you to consider....i wasn't a previous 7 series owner either...but they gave me their buy rate (at that point it was .0020)....then I increased my security deposit 8x to buy down the money factor even more....I also intentionally leased it for two years vs. three....the monthly worked out better than the three year...and then I figured, I could swap it out for the newer model after the 2009 year had some time to work out its kinks (each new 7 series model has never been bug free its first year) and so that I wouldn't have to deal with gouge pricing that I thought would be happening during the early months of the new car launch.
    Hope that helps. Let me know what you end up doing...good luck!
  • Thanks for the quick input. I will keep you posted on my move.
  • Hi mann1970. If you haven't pulled the trigger on your lease yet, you're in luck...BMW significantly enhanced its lease program on it on Friday. BMW Financial Services' new buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '08 750Li is .00110...less than half of the previous factor. This should shave more than $100 per month off of your car's payment. If I was personally in the market for a new 7-Series, I definitely would lease one now using this new program rather than waiting for the 2009 model. I don't think that it's going to get any better than this for a while.

One other thing. I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on your lease. You would be much better off keeping that money in the bank, even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher. I say this because if your car is totaled there is a good chance that your down payment will disappear.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car_Man, thanks for the update. I did pull the trigger on Sunday on Michigan Blue 750LI with Cream Beige. MSRP 93620 and got 14620 off the MSRP. I was able to take the benefit of the low MF. I did a two year lease with 12K mile per year. I used Coast BMW in San Luis Obispo. Good people to deal with.
  • eric312eric312 Posts: 71
    Car_man,

What is the money factor for 750i for 39 months or BMW only leases for 36 months? Also, what is the residual? What do you think is the reasonable discount off MSRP right now given the economy and end of the model year?

Thank you.
  • shawn757shawn757 Posts: 115
    Car man,
    Thats great news. Is this for new customers or returning loyalty? What is the loyalty money factor for returning customers?
  • No problem, mann1970. Congratulations on getting your cool new ride. Enjoy and if you'd like, you can stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to tell everyone about your recent dealer experience.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi eric312. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 BMW 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00110 and 50%, respectively. I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for this car right now, but if I was interested in one in this sort of market I would shoot for a significant discount...as close to dealer invoice as possible. You may be able to get an idea of how much you should pay by visiting the "BMW 7-Series Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey shawn757. I believe that BMW eliminated the loyalty discount when it made the enhancement. BMW Financial Services' new buy rate for the '08 750Li is .00110.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car man. Is it true that BMW is also waiving off the first 2 months payments if you lease now?
    thanks
  • No problem, shawn757. I have not heard anything about a waiver of the first two month's payments.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks car man, one more thing how much should the bank fee be? I don't want the dealer to mark it up
    thanks
  • del735del735 Posts: 2
    Car Man,
    I have a two part question for you. First part is the $7500 dealer allowance that BMW is offering. Is this only applicable if the car is being purchased and not leased or is it valid on leasing as well?

Second question, based on the following figures can you tell me what you feel my total lease payment should be based on BMW's current MF and residual. The dealer and I don't seem to coming up with the same amounts. (I am a current BMW leasee)
    MSRP $89,270
    Cap cost $79270
    36 month, 12K
    Sales Tax 6%
    No money down except first payment, acq. fee, and tags

Thanks for your help!!
    They are only giving you $10000? I am being quoted $15000 off MSRP. Since you are a current customer you should be able to get the buyrate mf WITHOUT security deposit.
  • del735del735 Posts: 2
    Shawn,
    The dealership manager told me he's losing money if the car goes below 12,000 off. That's where he's at now with a total payment of $1100 for a 36 month lease.

How did you get $15K off and what are being quoted for a lease payment?
    There is like $6500 between the invoice and MSRP + $7500 incetive. They also have backend money I was told. But I don't know how much exactly. Your sales manager is not being straight forward with you saying he is losing money. Car that I am looking at is just above $90000 and they are willing to give off $15000 off MSRP. The payment would be just over $1000 like $1031 and some cents including tax. But they want a security deposit to get down the money factor to .00110. This is for 15K miles with minimum drive off $2200 + the security deposit.
  • No problem shawn757. BMW Financial Services recently raised its base acquisition fee from $625 to $725.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi del735. The $7,500 dealer cash that BMW is providing on the 2008 7-Series is not compatible with its special lease program.

Let's work up a sample lease payment for you and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2008 BMW 750Li that has an MSRP $89,270 and a capitalized cost of $79,270 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $1,051.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey Car man,
    I want to know one more thing before I buy, how much does BMW charge for additional miles upfront? Is it 0.15 cents a mile? If so is it possible for me to do a 10000 miles a year and buy whatever miles I want upfront? Doing the math it seems like there is a savings if I do that rather than paying 4% for the residual. Let me know soon
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.