Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Do you know if BMW allows 39 months lease on 750i or only 36 months?
    What is the money factor and residual for 750i for November?
    Thank you.
  • Hi shawn757. I am not sure how much BMW FS charges for additional miles purchased at lease signing. It probably has an excess mileage penalty of $0.25/mile at lease end, so your guess of $0.15 to $0.20 is probably right. A dealer should be able to tell you for certain. I doubt that dealers can mark up pre-paid miles.

Most banks do not allow the purchase of additional miles on low mileage leases, i.e. those with 10,000 or 12,000 miles per year, only on 15,000 mile leases.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi eric312. I don't believe that BMW was allowing 39 month leases of any models in October. I have not seen BMW's new November lease program yet, but I suspect that I will either today or tomorrow. If you still need the new program info then, post a quick reminder for me in this discussion and I will let you know what I have been able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
  • shawn757shawn757 Posts: 115
    Thanks car man. If you can let me know the money factor for 36 months lease that would be great. I am going to lease one very soon but don't want to till I know the MF. Did the owner loyaly come back again?
  • You're welcome shawn757. BMW Financial Services' November buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 BMW 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 50%, respectively. I don't believe that the owner loyalty offer came back.

At the end of October, BMW paid its dealers a $10,000 dealer cash allowance on any 7-Series models that they reported as sold. Chances are that you can take this allowance into account during your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks Car man, I just leased a 750LI For $1057 including tax.
    $90470 MSRP
    $73850 Cap cost
    $3517 drive off which included a $1100 security deposit
    MF 0.00155. 15 K MILES. Bank fee $725+ tax on the bank fee. Is that correct? I think I could have done better but did not want to drive a long distance to another dealership.
  • I'm interested in leasing a new 2009 750i and want the new stop and go adaptive cruse control and a heads up display.

Do you have any information on pricing and money rates for the new model yet
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    Hello shawn,

Congratulations on your new bmw, hope you have many many happy miles with your new car,

Btw what car did you drive before, which was replaced by the 7series?

I am just curious, didn't you want to wait for a week or so to check out the new 7 series? or have you already seen it?

When bmw gives you 3 years warranty, is everything covered on that?
  • I'm relatively new to all of this and thought that with lease offers--they "are what they are." Only after registering for this site did I realize that I was wrong in my thinking. Any suggestions with negotiating the 36 month lease for a 2008 BMW 750Li (current special about 909/month and $5359 due at signing. Thanks
  • You're very welcome, shawn757. Congratulations on getting your new ride. Enjoy :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey shawn757. The money factor and acquisition fee that you were quoted are right in line with BMW Financial Services' current lease program for this model.

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome ol_green_eyes. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. The key to getting a good deal on a lease is to shop around and negotiate as low a selling price as possible on the car that you want. Once you have arrived at a selling price that you are comfortable with, have the dealer calculate its monthly payment using BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for it, which is currently .00155.

Car_man
    Host
  • My lease on Range Rover is ending soon and I was considering leasing 7 series. I just learned that BMW is coming out with a new 2009 version of 7 series. I have not seen any questions about leasing 2009 7s....is it possible to lease one? If so what kind of deals are out there? Is this the reason why 2008s have special lease programs? (or do they?)
  • Hi malibugaga. It will be possible to lease a 2009 7-Series, but to the best of my knowledge BMW has not published a lease program for it yet. It's difficult to say what its lease program for the new 7 will be like when it rolls out, but my guess is not good. Even in the current challenging retail environment BMW will probably to hold of on the fire sale leases for a couple of months.

BMW is providing a ton of support on the 2008 7 right now in the form of dealer cash, special financing rates, and a special lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car man,

Did BMW add new programs for month end? Do you know if there will be any new specials in December?
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    Thanks Car man, I just leased a 750LI For $1057 including tax.
    $90470 MSRP
    $73850 Cap cost
    $3517 drive off which included a $1100 security deposit

After spotting my first new 7 series today, I was quite surprised how good looking it was in person.

I hope you won't regret not getting the new 7 series, without looking or testing it.

No reply’s since your purchase?
  • Hi eric312. I have not heard about any enhancements to BMW's program for the end of the month. Its November lease program is scheduled to run through the end of the year. It is difficult to say whether it will make an unscheduled enhancement to it for December. If it does, chances are it will roll it out Tuesday afternoon after it announces its November sales.

Car_man
    Host
  • Aloha Car-man
    Just wanted to run this by you to see if I am getting a good deal or not. Day before yesterday I went to BMW/Honolulu to lease a jet black 750LI MSRP 90,000.
    They offered the vehicle at $77,000. Original they wanted $5500/No security deposit/36 months/$995 w/tx/Pay off the S550 payment of $2404.00
    Now they offered the vehicle at $77,000 and pay off the remainder of my S550 ($2404.00) a down of $3500.36 months/1056 tx included. When I calculated the new payment, I discovered that they buried the $2196 in the 3 years lease. What do you think? Is this a good deal. I told them I want to keep the $3500 down and pay the $995.00

Thanks
  • Aloha hawaiian2. I need to start things off by saying that I'm jealous. It's 40 degrees outside my window right now. Wow, $13,000 is quite a discount for a Hawaiian dealer. I've always heard that there is so little competition there that dealers aren't usually willing to provide much in the way of discounts. Still, this offer is way above dealer invoice. There is probably around a $7,000 spread between this car's MSRP and dealer invoice price. Add to this the $10,000 incentive that BMW paid its dealers on any '08 7-Series units that they had in inventory and there's a total of $17,000 or so to play with in negotiations. That probably puts the offer that you were quoted at around $4,000 over invoice. If you were in the continental U.S., I would say that there is still room to negotiate, but you're in Hawaii. As I mentioned earlier, this hampers your ability to negotiate somewhat. Of course, that's a small price to pay for living in paradise ;). There's some room there, so give negotiation a shot, but don't be surprised if this is as good as it gets.

Ideally, you would wait until the scheduled end of your current lease to get a new vehicle so that you don't have to waste the remaining payments on your S.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.