Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• campioncampion Posts: 7
    dear carman i would appreciate a response to my post of march 10th thank you campion
  • haminhamin Posts: 12
    dear car man, need your help.......plz reply to my 2 earlier post ......

greatly appreciate your help
  • zoranzoran Posts: 68
    Could you give us details, options, configuration, lease terms, down etc?

and from where did u get this quote? what is money factor?

I have been quoted $1600 plus tax on 96K car, 36 mo/10K miles, Zero down, selling price 90K. Quote seems outrageous to me.
  • mr2009xmr2009x Posts: 3
    Hi, I would like to know how much would be the lease for the 2009 BMW 750Li that costs $93475 with the options. I am in the state of Illinois, DuPage county and I am looking for 36 months, 15K miles/year and 0 down.
  • zoranzoran Posts: 68
    Is 09 750i lease plan, rates out by BMW?
  • x14manx14man Posts: 1
    I leased an '07 750Li on a three year lease with BMWFS that comes due in December. I love the car and would consider buying it out but the lease residual is about $55k. It appears the market value of the car is about $45k. Does anyone have any insights into what BMW will do when the lease rolls? Will they negotiate the residual or should I simply turn the car in. By this December, the new generation 7 series will be far more prevalent so if they take the car back, so the market value could be even less.

Thanks for your help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi campion. The best way to evaluate whether the lease that you were quoted is a good deal is to look at its selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let us know what this car's selling price is and I am sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly give you their opinion on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Welcome back hamin. BMW is not currently providing any lease support on the redesigned 7, so leasing one right now definitely is not a good deal. BMW is not currently providing any dealer cash or special financing offer on this car either. I haven't heard much about how good a deal dealers are willing to cut on a new 7 right now. Like with any brand new model, I am sure that they will try to sell it for as close to full MSRP as possible for as long as possible. As you mentioned though, the current state of the economy would lead me to believe that the honeymoon period will not last long for the new 7 and that prices will come back down to Earth relatively soon.

Car_man
    Host
    I sure do, isha1. Here's the information that you're looking for. Through March 32st, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 750Li with 12,000 miles per year are .00275 and 47%, respectively. The .00275 is BMW FS' buy rate standard lease money factor. It may vary slightly by region, but BMW is not providing any lease support on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey campion. I'll repeat my earlier reply here so you don't miss it. The best way to evaluate whether the lease that you were quoted is a good deal is to look at its selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let us know what this car's selling price is and I am sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly give you their opinion on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey hamin. Please see my response to your previous message in post #277. Thanks and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello mr2009x. Is $93,475 this car's MSRP or its selling price. I need both numbers to work up a lease payment on it for you. Let me know what they both are and I'll crunch some numbers.

Car_man
    Host
    Dear Car_man,

The MSRP is $93,475 and I am not sure how much they are willing to reduce. They are quoting aound $1600/M for a 36 months with 15K miles. I am not sure whether this is reasonable as it is lot more compared to what I am paying for the current 750Li ($1160).

Thank you.
  • dhamiltondhamilton Posts: 873
    The new 7 is brand new, I doubt they are discounting at all. Some may make the argument of the economy blah,blah but it's not an economy driven car, that's a kia.

It's $400.00 more a month because it's new technology, if it was the technology from 3, or 4 years ago, the price may be the same. Nothing stays the same forever, hopefully your salary has gone up, or the price of the service your job does goes up.

Anyway, good luck with your new car, just trying to give you an idea of the mindset from the other side of the desk. The new 7 is awesome, and I'm sure you'll love it.
    Thank you. Once I get a deal done, I will let you know the details so that your readers can be well informed.
    Dear Car-Man

I bought 750 Li this week. here are the details ...

750Li, 2009, Black saphire Metallic.
    Oyster Nappa, Fine line high gloss trim
    19 inch wheels
    Head Up display
    Rear automatic shades
    Rear Entertaiment package.

MSRP 91,825...Invoice 84,475

Got it at 86,475 ....

what do you think about the deal .....
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    Hello,

Congratulations, hope you enjoy your new car.

I hope you'll continue posting, because many owners never come back to tell their experience.

How comfortable is it? I've read many reviews mentioning the ride is harsh compared to LS and the S class.

My question to you is, did you test the LS or the S class because making your decision.

Happy driving :)
    Well, Once I test drove 750 Li , I did not even look at LS ....., I did look at S 550 though ....

the new 750 Li is for sure a huge improvement......, it is much more sportier and a " live " car as compare to S550......, its interior is very very nice, imopressive and tachnology is superb....I really loved the V8 twin Turbo with 400 bhp.....that makes a big difference, very fast car .....

I think, this car is truly amazing, very elegant, but sporty and powerful.....

I think it is very comfortable as well......mush more leg space than even S class....

What made my decision more easy was the fact that it all- NEW Generation and is going to stay for 7 years ( very little mid cycle refresh at 3 and half years by BMW )
    as compared to S and LS who are there for sometime and looks boring,,,

hope this helps.....
    Congratulations on getting your new 7, hamin. Thanks for taking the time to let us all know how everything turned out. $2,000 over dealer invoice is more than many other BMW models are going for right now, but I am not surprised given the fact that the '09 7 just came out and it was redesigned. Assuming that the dealer used BMW FS' buy rate to calculate your monthly payment, which you never mentioned BTW, I'd say that this is a reasonable deal.

Say, if you have the time make sure to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews discussion to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
  • Would appreciate input: Looking to lease (for tax purposes) a 2007 Li with 28,600 miles on it. Sale price of $47,400, 3 year 15K per, $2563 due at signing, $1063 per month. Buy rate factor used is .00350 and he gave me a residual value of $19,732 at end of lease. FWIW it has every option available.
    Thanks.
This discussion has been closed.