Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• I am currently leasing a 2007 750 LI with only 12,000 miles on it, the lease expires mid October. I have dealt with my current dealership in NJ since the early 90's, leasing every 3 years. I have been 100% happy with all my 7 series BMW's, as well as the dealership/salesman. When inquiring regarding the exact same features in the 2010 BMW 750 LI with AWD, I have been told that my lease would go up approximately + $326 more than what I am paying now which is $1020 = $1346 monthly for 3 years. Currently have 12,000 miles yearly, would go down to the minimum mileage, as I don't put on the high mileage any more. I am totally disappointed, but I will start looking for other vehicles pronto ~ 2010 Lexus 460 L AWD, 2010 Audi A8 - any suggestions?
    In this day of recession how is it possible for a vehicle to jump this much in price? What ever happened to BMW customer loyalty! Thank you for your imput -
  • The problem is the recession - price has not jumped - lease rates have. Default rates are up, residual values are down, so lease rates are up. If there wasn't a recession, lease rates would be better.

As to BMW customer loyalty, there is a $3,000 incentive for prior BMW leasing clients.
  • I'm currently leasing a BMW and looking to get into a new 2010 750i. On MSRP of about $94K, they were offering a discount of $1,000. 24 month with $5k down was $2250 a month with 12k miles a year. My lease is up this month so I was hoping there may be loyalty money that I have read on previous posts. Any luck? Is this a deal? I live in Austin, TX. A colleague of mine was also talking about some sort of pre-paid lease where you make all payments up front to get a better deal. Sounds risky? Does the $3,000 incentive still exist this month as posted in an ealier post?
  • I just wanted to give everyone an update on my experience in Virginia. I have a 2007 BMW 530xi coming off lease in the next month or so. Although I was happy with my car, I was looking to upgrade. I was really just looking to get another one but there was a 2009 750 loaded and on the lot. The dealership was ready to deal. It was fully loaded for an MSRP of 96,000. They were willing to take 4000 off sticker, plus 3000 off loyalty for a lease, so I was basically getting the car at invoice. I though long and hard, even drove it for a few days, and it is as advertised and then some. However, though the lease rates seemed OK, the residual was 47%, and it still added up to $1568/month. The bottom line was I found it hard to justify leasing a car with that much depreciation. I have always felt that the 5 series was the perfect balance between the 3-series (too small) and the 7-series (too big), as well as making more sense if the cost to benefit ratio. I finally settled on the 550.

Mark1234
  • Looking to get rid of my 2006 750i. Drove by dealer and stopped in. 2009 750i is amazing. First price from the sales person (this is in Los Angeles, by the way) was $3500 down, 12k miles, 36 months, $1375/month including tax. The only thing the car didn't have was rear entertainment (don't care). Does this sound good? I'm figuring I can get him down to about $1300 per month. The money factor is .9 but I don't know what that means. I have no interest in buying the car later. Help appreciated.
  • Hi xlr8n. The dealer is only offering you a $1,000 discount on this car? Given the fact that this car has $6,000 loyalty cash on top of a sizable dealer margin I personally would want much more than a grand knocked off of the price if I was in the market for a 750i.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I'm looking at a 750Lxi with an MSRP of $107,608.

Looking for a 2 year lease *possible 3 year* here in Utah. $5k down and 12,000 miles a year.....What would be a good monthly pricing point? I've NO interest in purchasing the vehicle at the end of the lease and will mostly likely get a different car when the lease is finished. I'm VERY new to the leasing strategy but it seems the best bet for me.
  • This would be $1480.00 with no $$ down. Theres no bargain here. A residual of 47% puts you at a disadvantage with your monthly.
  • A two year lease on a 750 with an MSRP of $107,608 and e soft residual will cost you more than a house! At the very least, look at a 3 year lease.
  • Hi coogiman. I see that you are considering making a $5,000 down payment on your lease. Even though your monthly payment would be a little higher, you would be better off going with a zero down lease. I always advise consumers not to make any capitalized cost reduction when leasing because those who make one risk losing part or all of it if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on this car for you. Have you entered into any negotiations yet or do you have a target selling price? I ask because I need a selling price to calculate this car's monthly payment. If not, I can come up with an approximate selling price that we can use in our calculations. I just need to know if you are a returning BMW Financial Services lessee. It makes a difference because BMW is providing a ton of loyalty cash on leases of this car right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • zoranzoran Posts: 68
    car man, I am considering one too, but 2010 model, negotiated price is $500 over invoice! could u please calculate a zero down, 3 years/30k miles lease for me, based on base car and we will know how much more/1000 of options will cost.
    thanks
  • Greenie7:

Thank you for your reply. Sorry but I'm very slow on leases. How do I figure a good lease price on this car? Thanks!
  • 09 750li, Imperial Blue, Oyster Nappa Leather

Camera Package
    Convenience package
    Drivers assistance package
    Luxury seating package
    Premium sound
    Instrument panel wrapped in leather
    MSRP $95,525

Selling at $90,750

27 months is considerably better than 24, so I am leaving that term out:

27 months, 12k per year, tax in: $1604, residual value is $48,718
    36 months, 12k per year, tax in: $1347, residual value is $44,897
    Money factor is .00090 (BMWFS)
    $6000 cap cost reduction from BMW
  • zoranzoran Posts: 68
    any idea, zero down on this for 36 mo/10k miles/year?

selling price $500 over invoice! Please use same car:

09 750li, Imperial Blue, Oyster Nappa Leather

Camera Package
    Convenience package
    Drivers assistance package
    Luxury seating package
    Premium sound
    Instrument panel wrapped in leather
    MSRP $95,525

thanks
  • Any one out there know how this works? My basic question is that I had a standing offer for $1500 over invoice. So now with $6000 lease cash shouldn't that bring the car to $4500 under invoice and not $6000 under MSRP?
  • Car Man-for a returning BMW FS customer is there any additional cash/better money factor on top of the $6000 noted in this blog. Many thanks.
  • And while your at it please give input on the question above. Can I get below invoice if BMW is trying to empty the lot? I,m not looking to get rich on a deal, just rationalize a work lease,
  • Hi zoran. $500 over dealer invoice is an excellent selling price for a 2010 7-Series. I would be happy to calculate a sample payment on the car that you are interested in for you if you provide me with the MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact model that you want. You can find that information over in the New Vehicle Pricing section of this site.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi jprescott1. The answer to your question is, it depends. If the dealer is willing to sell you this car for $1,500 over invoice minus the available $6,000 cash incentive, i.e. $4,500 under invoice, then you are getting a reasonable deal.

If however, the dealer is planning on selling you the car for $1,500 over and pocketing the six grand then this is a bad deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi britaway. Nope. BMW is only providing $6,000 in cash on 2009 7's right now. The fact that you are a loyal customer doesn't entitle you to any additional incentives, other than the waiver of your security deposit for free.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.