Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• bonzmdbonzmd Posts: 5
    does anyone out there no the latest residual and money factor on a 2011 bmw 750xi with 15K a year, 36 month lease?
    when i ordered the car in march, it was at a 55% res. and .0025 mf. however, the deal told me when the car arrived, we could re-do the deal in my favor if these #'s were better.
    Please help! i don't trust the dealer. (car man are you out there?)
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Here's the latest info for you, bonzmd. BMW Financial Services' April buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 750xi with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 55%, respectively...exactly the same as you were quoted when you placed your order.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • beopersonbeoperson Posts: 54
    Can anyone post July numbers for 2011 BMW 750xi?

Any loyalty rebates or specials?

Thank you in advance.
  • beopersonbeoperson Posts: 54
    ok got some info:
    MF 0.00210
    Residual 58% @ 10K 36 month
    Looks like dealers in NJ are willing to sell at 7% off MSRP which according to dealer is their invoice price.

Seems like there are no specials for 2011 750 LXI
    Beoperson, BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 750xi with 15,000 miles per year are 00210 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

I don't believe that BMW is currently providing any cash incentives on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • bjh11bjh11 Posts: 2
    I am not sure if you want to purchase snow tires on rims for your bmw 750 but if you are than please respond. blondieblys@aol.com
  • bjh11bjh11 Posts: 2
    addendum to other message....you are quite right you cannot purchase 20" that is why these tires are being sold with the wheels and did work out excellently for my 750 BMW...moving to florida is only reason am selling ...blondieblys@aol.com
  • Hi Car_man,
    Would you have the MF and residual information for 2011 740Li, 36 month lease 15000 miles per year? Thanks.
  • blckislandguyblckislandguy Posts: 1,150
    While I personally think leasing is a bad deal for most people, BMW apparently
    subsidizes there leases but less so their sales. In other words to get you on the merry go round of leasing, they are willing to subsidize the lease to get you on board.

Does the case ever exist where Bimmer's subsidy is so great that a potential buyer (as opposed to a lessor) should go ahead and lease the car with the expectation that he will get the benefit of the subsidy and then at the end of the lease period buy the car??
    This is just a little trick to deter you from getting off the merry go round and actually buying a car of you own.
  • Hi car_man,
    Are there still lease rates available on the 2010 750Li xdrive? My dealer has one left over that he is trying to get me to buy but I would rather lease. (I own a business and for me leasing is the best way to go). I would like to see if you can get me the money factor, residual value and if there is any incentive available on either 24 or 36 month terms with 15K miles per year.

I know the 2011 rates are probably better but the dealer is offering me $14K off sticker on this one so it might be worth my while.

Thanks in advance
    I'd be happy to help you out, 595express. BMW Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 740Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00210 and 55%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    You are absolutely correct, blckislandguy. Unless one is looking at a leftover model at the end of the model year, when BMW is providing large dealer cash incentives on models to help dealers clear them off of their lots, one is often better off financially leasing a new BMW rather than purchasing it.

One of the reason that leases of BMWs are such good deals is that BMW FS usually overestimates vehicles residual values. Doing so undercharges consumers for their vehicles' actual depreciation and provides low lease payments. Unfortunately, this also often makes purchasing vehicles at lease-end for their end-of-term contract prices a bad deal.

I don't think that I would ever personally lease a BMW with the intention of purchasing it at lease-end. The residual values are just too inflated. It's great for lessees, but not so good for people who want to buy their cars at the end.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey 07montecarloss. BMW is still providing some lease support on the 2010 7-Series, but its program isn't great.

BMW FS' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2010 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00185 and 50%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00185 and 44%.

I am not aware of any cash incentives on this model at this time, but BMW is providing closeout dealer cash on a number of other 2010 models, so I wouldn't be completely surprised if BMW did introduce some dealer cash on the '10 "7" in September.

Car_man
    Host
    edited September 2010
    As a buy-and-hold kind of guy, I've always been against leases. But I talked with our CPA firm recently and now I'm convinced that for someone who can claim the vehicle as (mostly) a biz expense that leasing is the only way to go. They told me that on a $1500 a month ($18,000 a year) lease on a new 7 Series at the end of the three year lease I would be able to write off $53,000.

This scenario is better than even waiting a year or so and buying a used 2010 7 Series for $65,000 because of the limited amount of depreciation I could claim even over a 6 year holding period..

As a side note, I heard at a Penske dealership over the weekend that because lots of financial and mortgage types have had their Bimmers repossessed, that the used values have plummeted!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,597
    On a related note.. my next door neighbor just bought an '06 750Li with 52K miles for $30K...

Is the lease payment on a 7-series really $1500/mo.? That's a pretty crappy payment for a $90K car... Tax write-off or not... lower payments are better... Shop around!

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

edited September 2010
    Not quite $1500 but close to it for a no money down, 12,-000 mile 36 month lease for a long wheelbase, all wheel drive 750.

Incidentally, I have yet to see a 750iL x with a Moroney of less than 97K because the dealers load them up with Luxury Seating, Cold Weather, Premium Sound (Does anyone over 25 really need something like 16 speakers??), Back Up Camera (if you can't see behind you, maybe you should take Yoga so you could turn your head?), etc. etc.

All in all, I'm seriously considering a Porsche Pamara. Why? Less money, better car (would you ever dare own a 7 Series out of warranty?), etc.
  • Dear Car_Man,

I'm actually looking for a 2011 535i, when I found out there have been so many complaints about the alignment issue, and it doesn't look like there will be a fix any time soon. Given I'll be returning my 2008 535i in 2 weeks, I want to start shopping for a 740i (not the L version). Do you have the Sep MF and residual for a 740i, with 12k a year for 3 years?

Thanks.
  • Hey ex_sc400. BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 740i with 12,000 miles per year are .00210 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
  • I was interested in 2011 740i lease for 60 months and 15k miles/year. What's the numbers on this.

I see in the posts a money factor and read to multiply it by 2400. The last number I saw posted came out to 5.04%. Meanwhile, on BMW's web I see some info that leads me to think the rate is 1.9% on leases > 3 years? Why the difference?
    Thanks
This discussion has been closed.