Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• gjd2gjd2 Posts: 1
    So here's the deal they are offering the MF seems a bit high as I see in the leasing forum the mf should be .00225. Anyways, comments welcome.

MSRP 84590
    Purcase price 84556
    Bank fee $825
    Total CAP 81381
    Residual 50754
    MF .00265
    DMV fees 604
    Total Drive off $1961.46

Payment incl CA sales tax is 1300
  • Hi 007wannabe. Let me begin by saying that you would be much better off not making any sort of down payment on your lease. Consumers can and should lease any vehicle that they want without making any capitalized cost reduction. There's nothing wrong with trading in your current car when leasing a new one, just have the dealer that you are working with cut you a check for the whole thing rather than using part of the proceeds from it as a down payment for your lease.

Another thing that I don't like about this deal is the money factor that you were quoted. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is marking your car's money factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 BMW 750Li is only .00200 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this factor to calculate your car's monthly payment.

The dealer that you are working with is also marking up the acquisition fee that you were quoted. BMW FS' base lease acquisition fee is only $625.

I am not that familiar with what the market is like for this car right now, but you may also want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar vehicles lately: "BMW 7-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi gjd2. If you are talking about a 2006 model, the money factor that you were quoted is indeed too high. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 750Li is only .00200 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is trying to mark your car's money factor up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal. They are trying to mark your car's acquisition fee up as well. BMW FS' base acquisition fee is only $625.

The selling price that you were quoted for this car isn't very good either. You aren't being given any sort of discount on this car. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. I am not all that familiar with what the market is like for the 7-Series right now, but this late in the model year I would suspect that you should be given some sort of discount on a leftover 2006 model. Try stopping by the following discussion to see if any other community members have purchased similar cars lately: "BMW 7-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I am looking to lease a 2007 750 Li. Do you know the current money factor and residuals for November on a 36month 15K/yr lease? MSRP on the car is $91,000 and purchase price of $87,000. I was quoted a money factor of .0025 and residual of 58%... is this about right? Thanks
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, sjonas50. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 58%, respectively with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. With the deposit waived, the money factor would be .00015 higher. I believe that it is automatically waived at no charge for returning lessees. It appears as though the dealer that you are working with is marking your car's buy rate up to add additional hidden back-end profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Car_man and everyone online,

Its my turn again! I was able to use this great forum last time I leased (Aug of 05 for an M45). I am getting ready to place my order for a 750LI and was wondering if you had the #'s for the 24 month program.

Thanks in advance!!
  • I have a few questions:
    1. Does BMW allow leasing used 745/750s?
    2. Is it true that BMW extended original manufacturer's warranty on 2001-2003 (does anyone know exact years) cars due to quality problems?
    3. Does BMW extend original manufacturer's warranty for the duration of a second lease?
    4. How much can I expect to pay a month for 2003 745i that retails for about $48,000 on a 36 months 0 down lease?

Thank you :)
  • sadatxsadatx Posts: 70
    1. You can lease a CPO 745/750 thru BMWFS.
    2. BMW extended the NEW car warranty an additional 2yrs or 50k miles from the in service date for model years 02 and 03. Not so sure abt the 01s.
    3. I dont think so - but if the vehicle has a CPO stamp, it automatically qualifies for a CPO extended warranty. The CPO warranty is not as solid as the NEW car warranty, but its still better than nothing :)
    4. I have no clue - sorry. If you're looking at an 03, look for one that has a prod date of 7/03 or later.

Good Luck.
  • mdp61mdp61 Posts: 1
    I am currently negotiating with a couple different Houston Tx dealerships on a 36mo, 15000mi/yr lease. MSRP w/options on the car is $86,690, but I worked the dealer down to $84,500+TTL. They are offering a residual of 58% and a MF of .0024. We pay 6.25% sales tax. The dealer wants first months payment of $1,458.30 + 182.50 (license/title fees) as down payment. Is this a good deal? Please help!

Thank you!!
  • vrefvref Posts: 3
    Another Houston Leasing company you may try is Interstate Auto Leasing. Hope this helps. Good Luck!!
  • sadatxsadatx Posts: 70
    I used an online lease calculator and came up with a monthly payment of $1,326.94 with the numbers you provided. I used an acquisition fee of $625 but the dealer can charge up to $825 (I think).

FWIW, you can put multiple security deposits to lower the money factor. I think you can put down a max of 7 security deposits. In most cases, this shaves off abt $40 from the monthly payment.

Good Luck.
  • I am new to the forum. It looks like a very valuable service. Can you please advise as to the current lease numbers (MF, Residual Value, expected CAP cost) for a 36 month lease, 10,000 miles/year on a 2007 750i.

The Retail value is $82,495 with the option I have selected.

From some recent posts I was expecting the following:
    MF: .0200
    Residual Value: 61% of the Retail price
    Cap Cost: I saw one post with a $4100 discount off Retail. For this car, that would be $78,395

Are these reasonable and attainable today? I am in the LA area.

Thanks.
  • Welcome back buster6. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 BMW 750Li with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 68%, respectively. This car's 12,000 mile per year residual value would be 2% higher and its 10,000 mile per year residual value would be 3% higher than its 15k resid.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi eric312. Yes, BMW does offer leases of Certified Pre-Owned models through BMW Financial Services. Unfortunately, I do not personally keep tabs on manufacturers lease programs for used vehicles so I really can't give you an idea of how much it would cost to lease the car that you are interested in. All CPO vehicles come with an extended warranty, but I am not familiar with the warranty extension because of quality problems that you mentioned. You may be able to find out more information on this subject by visiting one of the following discussions: "BMW 7-Series 2006 and earlier" or "BMW 7-Series Maintenance & Repair".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Welcome tony001. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW 750i with 10,000 miles per year are .00200 and 61%, respectively. For make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "BMW 7-Series: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • tdn9999tdn9999 Posts: 4
    I have decided to treat myself to the 7 series and haven't found any new Posts to determine what the present standards are. I live in MD and this is the info from a local dealer in the area.

750i
    Convenience + Premium Sound + Wood Trim & Sat Radio.

MSRP: 79,070
    Sale Price: 75,950
    Rate: 2.45
    Residual: .58
    Govt Fees: 206.00
    Taxes: 3802.54
    Adj Residual: 45856.60

I would put down 5K for a 36month lease w/ 15K annual miles. This puts my payments at $1166/month.

BTW…. The vehicle is located in another state and they also mentioned a delivery charge b/t $300-$500.

Thoughts anyone???
  • Hi Guys,

I am new to the forum and looking for some help. I am talking right now with the dealer in regards to 2006 750LI. It has 11000 Km (in canada) and has executive package on it. I am not sure if I should go for the lease or finance.

They have a ballon finance option available on the car, the deal as follows:

BMW 2006 750LI , 11280 KM
    (EXECUATIVE PACKAGE, ski bag, heated rear seats)
    dealers price $89898 cdn dollars (still being negotiated)
    finace for 48 months
    rate 4.90
    balloon payment at the end of term : 30,000
    monthly paymnt : 1796 (with tax) with 0 down

Does anybody had any expereince with balloon finace ? Are there any hidden cost I should be looking out for.

I will appreciate your comments.
    Thanks
  • iceman2iceman2 Posts: 23
    In the Chicago area - BMW dealer has a NEW leftover 2006 750i. They want it off the lot and willing to deeply discount. I'm having a hard time finding new pricing/invoice info on '06's. Looking to negotiate a steep discount, then a great lease. The car's sticker as follows:

Car $71,800
    Luxury Seating
    Premium Sound
    Comfort Access
    Satellite
    Rear Shade
    Total MSRP $79,990

Any thoughts on price to offer?
  • bmwinfo1bmwinfo1 Posts: 2
    what kind of numbers should i expect working off of $80,580 and mf of.00115 with 61% residual...3 year lease with 10,000 miles?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi bmwinfo1. Where did you get the money factor that you mentioned in your post from? It is much lower than BMW Financial Services' actual factor for this car. BMW FS' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW 750Li with 10,000 miles per year are .00275 and 61%, respectively. I would be happy to use this lease program to estimate what this car's monthly payment would be, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with both its full MSRP and its approximate selling price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.