Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Greetings gildrv. It is difficult to say what BMW will do with its future incentives on the 7-Series. If I had to make an educated guess, I would say that it is more likely that BMW would lower the money factor of the 2008 7-Series in coming months than raise the $5,000 cash incentive. Regardless of where the support comes from, it definitely would not be shocking to see BMW enhance the '08 7-Series' lease program. Again though there definitely is no guarantee that this will happen.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello Car_man:

Can you provide me with some information. I am a current 745i owner. My lease with BMW financial services is expiring next month. Can you tell me what the current Dealer Incentives and the Money Factor is for a 2008 750i with 12K miles per year. Also, when do the those figures expire. I read (not that I believe everything I read on the internet, but it can't hurt to verify) somewhere that BMW financial services was offering a special incentive to returning 7 series owners. Is there any truth to this. Thanks for all your help Car_man!
  • Where are you located, FL? There's a $5k manufacturer-to-dealer cash that can be used towards reducing your cap.

24 month / 12k-mi residual is 67% and carries a buy rate mf of .00200.

36 month / 12k-mi residual is 57% and carries a buy rate mf of .00200.

Rates good through Feb 29.
  • I am located in South Florida near Fort Lauderdale (Coconut Creek to be exact).

Thanks for the info ocautoseeker!
  • Hi ,
    I hate to sound stupid but I must admit that I am. I cant figure out what a good lease is . I see " Residual" and "Buy Rate" , but I dont understand. I have a 745i sport that is coming off the lease in April. My dealer says that the new deal ends tomorrow. He says it's a special deal for 7 series owners. The car I picked cost $88945.00 on a 2 year lease ( I want 3 years but the deal is only 2years). He quoted me $830 a month with 7k down with 12k miles. He said he could get me 15k for the same price. I want the BEST deal !!! What should this car cost me?
    Also, I love my sport package but hate the seats. I am thinking of getting the air ride system that he says can adjust to the sport suspension? Do you have any recomendations?
    Thanks Rich
  • Residual Value is what the vehicle is "projected" to be worth at the end of a specific term (ie. 24/36/48 months). The longer the term, the lower the residual value will be. The difference between the price you negotiate (cap cost) and the residual is known as the deprecitaion and thus what you pay + interest and local tax.

Buy rate is the base cost of the money from a lending institution. So, assume the buy rate money factor is .00200 (current buy rate mf for 24 & 36 mo terms) , which equates to 4.8% apr. If this were the buy rate (the lowest rate available), this is the rate you'd want the dealer to use to calculate your payments.

Now, dealer's CAN mark this rate rate up to what they call a sell rate to make additional profit, but if you have decent credit and you're aware of the buy rate for the particualr model you're looking at, that's the rate you should get.

Tomorrow is the end of the month, so the dealer could very well be pushing you to do something to hit his quota, but deals aren't going away on the 7series as it's up for a redesign and you're most-likely going to see incentives continue.

I definitely DO NOT recommend you putting $7k into a lease.
  • Ditto on everything..

But, there is a great deal on 7-series leases this month, for current 7-series lessees... So, you don't want to pass that up.... but, that doesn't mean that this particular salesperson isn't trying to take you to the cleaners...

The best deal is on the 24 month lease, because there is a huge upfront dealer cash incentive on the lease..

If the dealer can make the same deal on 15K/yr lease, then that just means he has room to come down on his price.. Ask him to requote the deal with just the minimum due at signing (under $1500)..

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jim53jim53 Posts: 109
    what is the current 24 month lease deal you referred to? is it only for returning 7 series owners or any returning bmw owner?
  • The lease deal is only for current 7 series owners.My friend wants a similar car and they quoted him $140 more a month because he's not returning a 7 series.
  • So what should the lease price be on a car that has a msrp of $88945.00 on a 2 year lease . Edmunds tmv says $82500.00..
  • Does anybody know what the March dealer incentives and the money factor is for a 2008 750i with 12K miles per year. Also, are there any specials for returning seven series leases through BMW financial services.
  • wease944wease944 Posts: 17
    I was told the deal for feb might still be available if your persistant. It is only for a 7 series owner going into a new 7 series. Its a 24 month lease.I just ordered a new one on Friday (750li). Here is the deal I got 89k msrp. I did put money down against the advise from people here. I am walking in with $7000.00 for everything and my payment is $799.00. I thought it was a good deal . I got 12k a year. I have to say that I feel if I was REALLY persistant I could have knocked off a little more.
    I bought it at Prestige Bmw in NJ.
  • iggsoiggso Posts: 28
    A friend of mine picked up a 750i with MSRP of around 81000 with zero down for 880 per month + tax (24 months lease).

That $5000 dealer cash incentive really helps...
  • rjgill55rjgill55 Posts: 1
    I am seeing some great lease rates being advertised on the 750 series with no mention of it being offered only to prior 750 leasees....basically an msrp of $81k+ with $1500 down would be $898 per month. Has anyone seen this for us newbies to the 750 series?
    Yes, it is for everyone, due to the $5000 Dealer Rebate.

You should be able to get under $898 on 750 with zero down for 81k-MSRP.
    This assumes a .002 Money Factor. Remember that you can lower it further with adding Multiple Security Deposits to your lease....

I would Say on 81k MSRP you should try to negotiate a Cap Cost of around 70k-71k.
  • broham1broham1 Posts: 8
    I have read that the current base money factor is .0020. I have also read that the money factor can be reduced with a security deposit. Can a $1000.00 security deposit enabl eme to get a mmoney factor below .0020, if so what will that money factor be.

I am evaluating the following terms posted on the BMW website.

Cap Cost $85,270.00
    Payment $3,500.00
    Secury Deposit (1000.00)
    Net Cap Cost $81,770.00
    Residual 58% $49,456.60
    Money Factor ?
    Term 36

Payment $999.00
    What is the MSRP? If it is below 96k you may be overpaying.

Each extra security deposit reduces the Money Factor by .00007. And you can do around 7 of these. So you can reduce the money factor from .002 to about .0015

Also ask about single payment lease that reduces the money factor significantly

Also don't forget that the Acquisition fee BMW charges is $625, but the dealership will try to charge you $825, so that is negotiable.

MACO is a vaild charge and should be $250, Training can be around $180. So I would call these fees reasonable. As the dealership does pay them (not on European delivery)
  • neenneen Posts: 7
    Can someone tell me if i am off on my numbers? I faxed a proposal for a 2008 750 li (msrp 86.620) to local dealers:
    Cap cost: 79,642 (based on edmunds tmv)
    Money factor: .002
    Term: 24 month
    Residal : 67% of MSRP
    Payment at lease signing : 3022.00 (includes 1st mo, acquisition fee, security and licene/reg fees)
    787.22/month

I am trading a 2007 CLS550 and using equity from trade.
  • Car Man ( and/or others)

Just looking for some feedback on a quote I received today....

MSRP- $87,920
    Cap Cost- $79500
    ZERO Down
    Residual- 57% ( 50,114)
    Money Factor- 0.00225( started at 0.00255) with a one month security deposit( equivalent to 0.00240 when add the security dep??- that is what salesman said)
    12,000 miles annually
    36 month lease
    Acquisition Fee of $825- which seems like it is standard

I am trying to figure out where I should push? I am pushing for 0.00200 ( 4.8% equiv) as I have seen others mention thru this forum.

Possibly looking at getting the Residual Bumped up to 58%...or lowering the cap cost down another $1,000....

I have offered to the dealer that i could consider just paying cash or finance thru a purchase- but he didn't seem to be interested....

I would love to hear some feedback on where you believe I could move as this would be my first lease....

Thank you very much for your help,
  • Car Man - Can you provide info on (a) the current BMW FS leas program (residual value and MF) for 2 and 3 year leases (@15k miles per year) for the BMW 7 Series and (b) any other ongoing incentives on the 7 Series.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.