Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW 7-Series Lease Questions

Comments

• Aloha Car_man!

Just wanted to say thank you for your email. I did wait and play the poker game with them and got what i wanted. I got deal down to $1995.00 and three years lease at $995.00 Tx included fully loaded 750LI Black on Black. :D
  • That's great hawaiian2. Thanks for taking the time to report back and let us all know how everything turned out. Don't forget to hop on over to the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience if you haven't already. Enjoy your sweet new ride :shades: .

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • eric312eric312 Posts: 71
    Car man,

Is it still possible to lease 2008 750? If yes, what are the current deals?

Thank you
  • Mr. Car Man,

I am in the market for a car and have been looking around at various cars. One of the local BMW dealerships sent out a 2008 Blowout email with different cars. One of them was the 2008 BMW 750LI. I am curious to see if this is a good deal? They want $5995 down, 36 months, 10k miles plus inception fees.$599.00 a month I asked them for an itemization of these fees and this is what they came back with. It seems like it is excessive but want to see what are legit charges and what are JOKES.. I very interested in getting the most bang for my buck but want to get some confirmations on this. It is a new car with only 25 miles on it.

$10,816.40= TOTAL FEES....

$5,995.00 Cash Money Down
    $599.00 First Payment
    $600.00 Refundable Security Deposit
    $2003.33 NJ Taxes (Other States may vary)
    $875.00 Bank Fee
    $185.00 Doc Fee
    $268.77 NJ Supplemental Taxes
    $7.50 Tire Fee
    $282.80 DMV Charges

Specs of the car are as follows:

Model
    0879 750Li
    USD 79,900.00
    Color
    354 Titanium Silver Metallic
    N/C
    Upholstery
    U6SW Black Nasca Leather
    N/C
    Options
    ZLS Luxury Seating Package
    248 Heated steering wheel
    N/C
    415 Power rear sunshade
    N/C
    416 Power rear sunshade and rear side-windows s...
    N/C
    451 Active seat for driver
    N/C
    453 Ventilated front seats
    N/C
    464 Ski bag
    N/C
    496 Heated rear seats
    N/C
    ZPS Premium Sound Package

672 6-disc CD changer
    N/C
    677 Logic7 sound system with Surround Sound and...
    N/C
    R6 19" Light-alloy wheels Star Spoke (style231) wi...

438 Dark Ash wood trim
    N/C
    Net Total
    Destination Charge
    Total Suggested Price

Thanks, any help is appreciated..

I eagerly wait your reply.

MM
  • cctdicctdi Posts: 82
    I got my 750Li from DeSimone BMW of Mt. Laurel here in South Jersey not too long ago with 16k off the 89k MSRP; this dealer had sold me 3 Bimmers so far, including a 08 535xi in late Spring. Now, it is the best time to negotiate the even lower price, all 7er has to go to give the room for 09 7er; then again, there are not that many 08 7ers left, to my knowledge, only a few left in a few dealerships. The 08 7er is a wonderful car indeed, if you want to get a premium luxurious car to keep, this is it.
  • Mr. Car Man or Mr. kyfdx,

I have been checking back on the board daily to see if either of you would offer up some feedback. Can either of you post something one way or the other. Or if you dont know just let me know. I thank you very much.

MM
  • Hi eric312. Technically it is still possible to lease an '08 750i if you can find one. BMW paid dealers ten grand apiece to report them as sold back at thee end of October.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2008 750i with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 50%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi MSUHOCKEY7. Let me begin by saying that $6,000 is way too much money to put down on a lease. I always advise consumers not to make any sort of capitalized cost reduction when leasing. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be higher, you would be much better off going with a zero down lease.

You should roll the sales tax into your car's payment as well for the same reason that I laid out above. New Jersey allows lessees to do so.

Something else that I notices about this deal is that the dealer is attempting to mark up BMW Financial Services' acquisition fee. BMW FS charges a base acquisition fee of $725 on every vehicle that it leases. This dealer is trying to slip a little extra profit into your deal by marking this fee up $150. If I was leasing from this dealer, I personally would insist that they drop the markup.

You posted a lot of information, but you left out the two most important numbers...this car's selling price and money factor. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Without this number, you don't know how much of a dealer discount you are being given. Let us know what it is and I am sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly give you their opinion on it.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2008 750Li is .00155. If the dealer is charging you any more than this, they are marking up your car's factor to add additional hidden profit to your deal. BMW dealers are notorious for doing this. Make sure to insist that they use the buy rate.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi MSUHOCKEY7. Please see my previous post. Thanks and let us know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
  • i am enterested in leasing a 759i bmw 2009 i see the list prices have come out the car i will be ordering has no options a 3yr lease and 10 miles per year once the other lease factors come out what payment figure should i go for in mass. or florida also any news when they would available
  • Car Man,

I'm interested to know if this is a reasonable offer. I'm not current on BMW's rates and everything. Below is an offer they made me for leasing a new 2008 750Li model. I had taxes and everything rolled in. The due at start is first month payment and registration (I'm using plates from my old car on the new one so that saved a little).

MSRP: $85725
    Your Cost: $67540
    Miles: 12,000 per year
    Residual: $44577 (52%)
    Rate: .00170%
    Payment: $942.80
    Due at Start: $1160.30

Is this a good deal or should I go back and and push for a better rate and or price?

Thanks
  • Hi campion. I have not seen BMW's lease program for the 2009 7-Series yet. I suspect that BMW will publish it the first week of March...if not sooner. Please feel free to check back with me and post a quick reminder and I will be happy to let you know if I have heard anything new.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Mongo716. The money factor that you mentioned is right in line with BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for a lease of this car with a waived security deposit to a non-returning customer.

The selling price that you mentioned looks good to me. It takes the $10,000 final payment that dealers were provided on '08 7-Series models and a sizable dealer discount into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • campioncampion Posts: 7
    i have received a qoute for a 750i bmw 10,000k 36 months $1223.66 + tax inception fees of $.2619 includes 1st months payment,5%tax,bank fee,reg,docs and state ma.inspection i'd like some opinions. attn carman[ no options included]
  • haminhamin Posts: 12
    Dear Car Man ;

I have had excellant experience of buying two cars after receiving input and guidance from you ......

I need to ask you about your thoughts on new 7 series 2009 .

I was interested for 535 i , but changed mind because model of 5 series is going to change soon and current model is on the market for 5 yrs + .... needless to say, I will be getting excellant deal on 5 series at present though......

Now I have decided to buy new 750 Li ...I want to keep the new one ~ 6 - years or so, especially, this is a new generation and model will not change for some years or to come ....

with current condition of economy and overall lower BMW sales, do you think I can get a good deal on this new one?? ....especially, if I am buying this......and not leasing.....

Do you think I can get it close to invoice?? any info on APR ????.....

help greatly needed and appreciated....

kindest regards
  • isha1isha1 Posts: 7
    Just wondering if you had the money factor and residual for the 2009 750LI, 36 month lease, 12k miles/yr? Thanks
    dear carman, i"m ready to lease a 2009 750i bmw it would be a big help if you could respond to my lease figures campion
  • bmchrisbmchris Posts: 6
    46% 0.0025. You're looking at about $2000/month on a car selling for $100,000.
    Dear Car Man ;

I have had excellant experience of buying two cars after receiving input and guidance from you ......

I need to ask you about your thoughts on new 7 series 2009 .

I was interested for 535 i , but changed mind because model of 5 series is going to change soon and current model is on the market for 5 yrs + .... needless to say, I will be getting excellant deal on 5 series at present though......

Now I have decided to buy new 750 Li ...I want to keep the new one ~ 6 - years or so, especially, this is a new generation and model will not change for some years or to come ....

with current condition of economy and overall lower BMW sales, do you think I can get a good deal on this new one?? ....especially, if I am buying this......and not leasing.....

Do you think I can get it close to invoice?? any info on APR ????.....

help greatly needed and appreciated....

kindest regards
  • eric312eric312 Posts: 71
    Does anyone know what "Mileage Allowance Refund" on BMW FS lease contract is and how it works?
    dear carman i would appreciate a response to my post of march 10th thank you campion
    dear car man, need your help.......plz reply to my 2 earlier post ......

greatly appreciate your help
  • zoranzoran Posts: 68
    Could you give us details, options, configuration, lease terms, down etc?

and from where did u get this quote? what is money factor?

I have been quoted $1600 plus tax on 96K car, 36 mo/10K miles, Zero down, selling price 90K. Quote seems outrageous to me.
  • mr2009xmr2009x Posts: 3
    Hi, I would like to know how much would be the lease for the 2009 BMW 750Li that costs $93475 with the options. I am in the state of Illinois, DuPage county and I am looking for 36 months, 15K miles/year and 0 down.
  • zoranzoran Posts: 68
    Is 09 750i lease plan, rates out by BMW?
  • x14manx14man Posts: 1
    I leased an '07 750Li on a three year lease with BMWFS that comes due in December. I love the car and would consider buying it out but the lease residual is about $55k. It appears the market value of the car is about $45k. Does anyone have any insights into what BMW will do when the lease rolls? Will they negotiate the residual or should I simply turn the car in. By this December, the new generation 7 series will be far more prevalent so if they take the car back, so the market value could be even less.

Thanks for your help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi campion. The best way to evaluate whether the lease that you were quoted is a good deal is to look at its selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let us know what this car's selling price is and I am sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly give you their opinion on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Welcome back hamin. BMW is not currently providing any lease support on the redesigned 7, so leasing one right now definitely is not a good deal. BMW is not currently providing any dealer cash or special financing offer on this car either. I haven't heard much about how good a deal dealers are willing to cut on a new 7 right now. Like with any brand new model, I am sure that they will try to sell it for as close to full MSRP as possible for as long as possible. As you mentioned though, the current state of the economy would lead me to believe that the honeymoon period will not last long for the new 7 and that prices will come back down to Earth relatively soon.

Car_man
    Host
    I sure do, isha1. Here's the information that you're looking for. Through March 32st, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 750Li with 12,000 miles per year are .00275 and 47%, respectively. The .00275 is BMW FS' buy rate standard lease money factor. It may vary slightly by region, but BMW is not providing any lease support on this model right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Hey campion. I'll repeat my earlier reply here so you don't miss it. The best way to evaluate whether the lease that you were quoted is a good deal is to look at its selling price. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Let us know what this car's selling price is and I am sure that either myself or another knowledgeable community member will gladly give you their opinion on this deal.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.