Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• Hello Car_man,

Based on my reading of the posts in this discussion, the base money factor for March is 0.0010.

However, a lease broker with whom I am shopping says that the money factor is 0.00115. He claims that the 0.0010 is only available for repeat customers(BMWFS loyalty program).
    (Dealers are trying to get me at 0.0014, and I already read the warning about that in the previous postings.)

What is the actual money factor? Is it just a matter of standing firm in order to get the rates discussed in this forum.

Thanks...AlexanderV2
  • bdr127bdr127 Posts: 950
    However, a lease broker with whom I am shopping says that the money factor is 0.00115.

Brokers don't work for free.... He's looking for his cut.
  • It is obvious that they try to make money both on the selling price of the car as well as the money factor. Those items are both negotiable, and the buyer should beware.(as the old saying goes) Ultimately, even if you get both of those negotiable numbers down to a profit of zero for the broker/or dealer, there is still a sales commission that would otherwise have gone to the saleman who is standing around on the dealer's lot. Just as is done on loss-leaders, where they still have to pay the saleman.

My question still stands. What is the base money factor for march. Is it truly 0.0010 as this discussion threat contends, and is it available for non-repeat customer(non loyalty program).

Your note implies the broker is lying. This goes without saying, especially when his lips are moving, but what is the real money factor.

I thank you in advance for you input.

AlexanderV2
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,965
    Your broker is correct.. The base money factor is .0010 for customers that are either returning BMWFS customers or make a security deposit.

The bump for not making the security deposit is .00015, resulting in your quote of .00115...

So, you can get the same rate.... just make a security deposit..

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Thanks kyfdx,

I will confront the broker with this information. As I recall, I specifically asked him to structure a deal where I have zero down, and minimal drive-off. Therefore, he may have quoted me a number with no security deposit. I will verify this.

Can you give me an idea of what a fair discounted selling price would be on a X5 3.0 with an MSRP of 51K.

I thank you in advance for you assistance.

Thanks...AlexanderV2
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,965
    For selling price questions, post here: BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience

Off the top of my head, I think you should be looking for a discount of $2500-$3500 from MSRP..

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• tuthilltuthill Posts: 2
    Does anyone know the money factor for a new lease on a 4.4?
  • Thanks kyfdx! I will post the selling price question in that forum.

Can you tell what the lease payment would be on a 2006 X5 3.0, 36 months/36,000 miles. I plan to pay a security deposit of $625. MSRP of $51,000. Selling price of $47,500. Money factor of 0.0010(with security deposit)

If possible, please include details of how this number is calculated.

Thanks...AlexanderV2
  • bornoborno Posts: 77
    what is the lowest possible payment seen on either 4.4, and/or 3.0 models, low miles , with no/$ down, anywhere new england??
  • tuthilltuthill Posts: 2
    - Cold Weather Package
    - Premium Package
    - Rear Climate Package
    - Sport Package
    - Adjustable Ride Height
    - Heated Steering Wheel
    - Heated Rear Seats
    - Navigation System
    - Premium hi-fi System

Cap Cost = $61745.00
    Residual = $36762.15
    Money Factor = .0014

I'm in New England and this is the quote I've received. Does this seem to be in line or should I push for a lower Money Factor?
  • bu96bu96 Posts: 19
    I orginally posted this a few wks ago and still hoping for a response...Thanks!

I am in a bad leasing situation. My BMW530 lease expires at the end of next month. I have decided I want an X5 but I would really prefer getting the newly designed version as I think the features/design on the current one are dated.

The problem is BMW won't extend my lease unless I have a purchase order for the X5. I have been told the new ones won't be ready until September. My dealership told me that the best they could do is offer $2200 off invoice when they come out. I am looking at a highly loaded 3.0i. My salesman told me that their profit for this is car is typically $3800 and they usually don't discount when new models roll out.

Is this a really bad offer to take? I am really new to leasing so I am not sure how much of risk I am setting myself up for getting a really bad deal. I can afford whatever the end payment so that isn't my concern, just not getting completely taken.

Thanks so much in advance for any help.

Anne
  • bdr127bdr127 Posts: 950
    That kind of discount on a brand new redesigned model six months before it comes out sounds like a deal....
  • hipreckhipreck Posts: 64
    Anne -

You don't say if you are leasing the new X5 or not. Leasing a brand new design can be very expensive since money factors are usually high.

My info is the 2007 X5 will not be available until late fall. The new X5 will also be bigger and heavier, I'd want to drive it first. I actually really like my 2004 X5.

Dave
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi gr8nrg. All banks that lease vehicles charge consumers a bank fee (also known as an acquisition fee). BMW Financial Services' base acquisition fee is currently $625. This money goes directly to BMW FS and your dealer does not profit from it or have tha ability to waive it. Well, technically they can waive it in exchange for an increase of .00035 in the money factor that is used to calculate your truck's lease payment, but you are better off just paying the fee.

The doc fee is just a charge that dealers add to vehicles' prices to cover the cost of doing the paperwork and often to add a little profit to deals. A doc fee of only $45 is very reasonable. Most dealers add doc fees of several hundred dollars to every deal.

BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2006 X5 is .00100. The reason why your truck's factor is higher is because you are having your security deposit waived. BMW FS charges a security deposit that is equivalent to vehicles' monthly payments rounded up to the nearest $50 increment on every vehicle that it leases. Consumers can opt to have this deposit waived in exchange for a .00015 increase in their vehicle's money factor. That is what is happening with your lease.

A base 2006 BMW X5 3.0 has a spread of a little over $3,600 between its full MSRP and dealer invoice prices. You were quoted a discount of a little over $2,300 on this truck. Tis probably amounts to between $1,000 and $1,500 over dealer invoice, which isn't bad. For additional feedback on how much you should pay for this truck, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
    Hello tuthill. If you were to lease a 2006 BMW X5 4.4 through BMW Financial Services right now for up to 42 months, its buy rate lease money factor should be .00100 with the payment of a security deposit equivalent to your truck's monthly payment rounded up to the nearest $50 increment and .00115 without the security deposit.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi tuthill. The money factor that you were quoted is definitely too high. BMW FS' current buy rate money factor for this truck is .00100 with the payment of a security deposit and .00115 without one. Make sure to insist that the dealer you are working with use these factors to calculate your truck's lease payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • frank310frank310 Posts: 44
    Carman,

Can you help me by filling in the blanks at the bottom. Thanks in advance for the help. This will be the 3rd car you have helped me with.

2006 X5 3.0
    Premium Package
    Automatic
    Cold Weather package
    Park Distance
    Rear Climate Package
    Rear Door Mounted Airbags
    Heated Steering Wheel
    36 Month Lease 12k miles per year
    MSRP: $50,455 (based on Edmunds)
    Money Rate: .001 (based on this forum)
    Sell Price:
    Residual:

Thanks,
    Frank
  • pguopguo Posts: 2
    Just least a X5 4.4i with the following options,

Cold wether $1350
    comfort seat $1200
    rear climate $400
    rear door air bag $385
    heated steering wheel $150
    Panarama Moonroof $1320

For a total of $58530, I got $706 a month with 12K/year.

My money factor is 0.0014 and down payment is $1650.

I think it is good deal, any inputs?
  • hipreckhipreck Posts: 64
    What was your MSRP and how many months in the lease term?
  • pguopguo Posts: 2
    36 months $58530 is the MSRP
This discussion has been closed.