Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• Thanks for the timely help. It's brand new...on the lot..but exactly what I was looking for...except the sat radio. I wouldn't take delivery in sc solid miss out on that.just wondering if I couldn't get the same deal on a 13....1500 less Eco.....and pick it up in sc
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    I don't know if the 2013 X5d's can be ordered yet, but if they can, I would definitely go for it, and do the Performance Delivery Center pick up. Even if you have to pay a few hundred more for a '13 over a '12, it's worth it on resale if you plan to sell or trade inside of 8-10 years and 120k miles. It may take 4-6 weeks for your car to get built, but according to my dealer, even if I waited until mid-late December to order a 2013 M3 and not pick it up until February (coming from Germany) I'd still get the holiday savings incentive.

Check into it. BMW of Silver Spring would probably do a deal at $1,000 over invoice on a 2013 X5d order, if you need to rustle up some competition.
  • scooter75scooter75 Posts: 10
    edited December 2012
    Actual purchase price ended up right at invoice. I went with the 12...The 13 even with a great price would have been 100 bucks more a month to lease.

Thanks for your help hab....and everyone else feel free to weigh in...I have 14 hours before I sign!!!

LOL
    I'm not sure why the '13 would be $100 more than the '12? Did BMW drop the $4,500 eco-credit, or some other credit? If you just paid $1,000 more - i.e. $1000 over invoice - that should only translate into about $25-$30 per month on a 36 month lease, unless I'm missing something.

In any event, it sounds like you have a very good deal at invoice on the '12 and given that you are leasing, the fact that it is an one year older model year will make no financial difference to you when you turn in the keys. So I'd say go for it, congratulations and start enjoying the vehicle.
  • Thanks H. Between the 1500 reduction in the ECO credit...and the 1000 more over invoice...it shot up pretty quick. Maybe it was 75 a month or something. Plus the guys here didnt want to do it at 1000 right now so I would have had to look around....then travel.

I think im good...always wonder if you couldnt have gotten a bit more though :)
    So the 2013 eco-credit is down to $3,000? First I've heard that.

I think you did great. At least $1,250 better than I did in July, based upon holiday credit (I had $1,000 Olympic), and I paid closer to $750 over invoice. Congratulations.
  • Yeah, down to 3000 on the Eco.
  • Should I be paying sales tax on the 6750 in incentives H? Just noticed that line seems odd.

Thanks
    In my deal, the dealer subtracted the incentives before calculating the sales tax on the reduced amount. This was Maryland.
  • On a lease they say have to pay state sales tax on the 6750 tht bmw is giving me on rebates. As though its a gift. Very odd.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,667
    That's actually normal for most states...

Compare it to buying a toaster that sells for $79, but comes with a $20 rebate.... You pay tax on the full $79..

Works the same way for cars... in most states...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• OK....thanks for the info
  • Looking at the numbers I dont think did quiet as well as at first blush. The dealer had a different number for invoice. It included MACO and some training fee. Cost me another 600 bucks. I think im at about 1000 over invoice with those fees.
  • Dealer just called.turns to his manager has been driving the car for 3 months...lol.....wanted to complete the deal at the original deal with 3000 miles on he car...can you believe it.

Sigh..what a waste of time
    Works the same way for cars... in most states..

That's true, if we are talking "rebates". But BMW - and my dealer - were careful to subtract the eco-credit off the top line as a "credit". That's like selling something with a $10 off sale - you don't pay tax on the pre-sale price.

I just called my dealer on another matter and asked. The only thing they treat as a rebate is the BMWCCA rebate that you get directly from them, when you buy a new car. The BMWNA eco-credit, holiday credit, loyalty credit, are all treated as credits, not rebates. Therefore no Maryland sales tax on any of them. They reduce the sales price before the tax is calculated. They aren't in jail (yet) so that's good by me.
    You're kidding?? 3,000 miles on the vehicle and they just told you now?

Well screw them and order a 2013 for Performance Delivery Center pick up. From an honest dealer.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,667
    I'm going to quote another CA, that contradicts part of what you were told...

Holiday Credit/Cash -
    Must finance/lease with BMW FS
    Offer is valid from Dec 1st - Jan 2nd, 13
    It is lockable
    Does not reduce the selling price
    It is used as a down payment (finance); a cap reduction or to pay drive offs (lease)

Loyalty Credit -
    FS funded contracts ONLY
    May be combined with HC
    It is lockable
    Does not reduce selling price
    It is used as a down payment (finance); a cap reduction or to pay drive offs (lease)

ECO credit -
    Discounted off selling price

So... according to him... Loyalty and Holiday credits are used as down-payments (taxable)... and ECO credit reduces the price (non-taxable).

That doesn't mean that your dealer isn't doing it the other way... just another $0.02..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

That's what I had expected when I first started shopping - that my Olympic drive credit would be treated as a taxable rebate. Fortunately the dealer I bought from subtracted it of the top, but there are others (in other selling states) that wouldn't have and that would have been taxable,
  • Just leased a new 2013 X5 Premium with Convenience, cold weather, Technology, Sat radio, BMW Apps. 39 month lease, 12K miles/year

MSRP - $62,795
    Monthly payment - $685 including 6.25% MA sales tax
    Cash due - $2124 (first, fees and $884 cap reduction)

I know you guys will do the math to figure out all the other numbers i am missing. Just wanted to share as I rely on this forum every couple of years when leasing a new car.

Good luck on your deal!
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 203
    I would appreciate information as soon as possible on the leasing numbers for the base X5 35 and premium X5 35 for 24 and 36 months at 12,000 miles a year. Will be talking to the dealer today. thanks for your help.
This discussion has been closed.