Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• msc20005msc20005 Posts: 3
    Hello, Thank you all for having such an informative and active forum. I'm glad I found it.

I've just sold my '01 Audi allroad (if the buyer is satisfied with the pre-purchase inspection at the dealer, fingers crossed), and am considering the X5 4.8i as a replacement.

This will be my first lease, and am drawn to it by the disappointment in the resale value after owning and selling several cars.

I visited the local BMW dealer last Saturday and spec'd out an truck with Sport, Premium, 3rd row, Rear Climate, Tech, Cold, and iPod... Total was about $67k. The 36 mo lease offer was approx $1150/mo, including the 10% DC Tax. Residual was 61%, MF .0027. The salesperson said she wasn't supposed to tell me the MF, but was being nice, so she left it on the desk for me to see. Right. I wasn't able to reproduce the monthly figure with the formulas on the web, I kept coming out a about $100 low.

Based on this and the Prices & Experiences forum, I now see that this was a pretty bad deal, plus the fact that she was only offering $500 off MSRP.

Here are my questions: What affects the MF I am offered at the dealer? Are the tabulated residual, MF, and lease length figures published, or is this the best place to find them? How often are these figures updated? Do promotional leases manipulate the residual, MF or both? If I know the current rate from this forum, can I negotiate for that? Given the advice to avoid paying down the capitalized cost, does it then make sense to get the shortest lease possible, i.e. 24 months? Regarding the multiple security deposits for reducing the MF, are those refunded at the end of the lease? Does everyone qualify to make multiple deposits? Do you have to ask for that deal specifically?

Thanks in advance.
  • donkey1217donkey1217 Posts: 5
    Hey MSC 2005,
    You are getting a really bad deal at the dealership and would look elsewhere if I were you. First they are marking up the money factor. As you can read in previous posts the MF for may 2007 is .0023. In addition, that discount is not so good. I live in NY and have found atleast 2000 discounts on the X5 no problem at several different dealerships. There are plenty around right now as the lease deals haven't been good at all yet and the gas prices are climbing, which gives you some leverage.
    As far as other stuff about leasing, people will give you all sorts of games and ways to play with the lease formula but the only thing you can do is make sure you are getting the best money factor (ie- they are not marking up the money factor, as they are in your case), and get the most off the MSRP as possible. Several companies do offer to lower the MF if you give multiple security deposits, but personally I prefer to have my money tied up elsewhese. Good luck.
    In addition, don't know if you are locked into an X5, but as you will learn leasing and specials often don't have too much to do with MSRP as much as they do dealer incentives and lower MF, so depending what else you are interested in you may be able to find a substially better lease deal.
  • paxtonkpaxtonk Posts: 49
    Hi Car_man, first let me thank you for all the great help. I've got one dealership down to $1000 over invoice on the 3.0 X5. I wanted to just sum up what I know and make sure it's correct and at the same time ask another question.

BMW bank fee is $625

36 months & 15,000 miles per year residual is 58%
    The money factor is .00230 with 1 security deposit and .00245 waiving the security deposit.

My additional question is what would the above be at 42 and 48 months?

Thanks so much.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,621
    Those numbers are correct...

I don't know about 42 months, but the 48 month rates are terrible..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

My dealer is telling me that because I haven't been with BMW Financial in the past 6 months I would need to raise the MF .00015. Is this true?

BTW - I found out the Residual on a 42 month 15K is 53%.

Thanks.
    If you aren't a current BMWFS customer, you have to make a security deposit... If you choose not to, then the MF bump is indeed .00015

I'm confused...

.0023 is buy rate with a security deposit
    .00245 is buy rate without a security deposit
    .0026 is buy rate without a security deposit for a non BMW financial customer

Is this correct?

Thanks.
    Nope

.0023 is the buy rate for a current customer without deposit

.0023 is the buy rate for a new customer with deposit

.00245 is the buy rate for a new customer without deposit

.0026 is marked up...

Thanks a bunch, that confirmed what I was thinking. I guess they're all just trying to do the job of making money.
  • l00q6227l00q6227 Posts: 16
    I am looking to lease an X5 and the MSRP is 63,620. What is going to be a fair rate for 18,000 miles? Any help would be appreciated. The X5 3.0. I got a quote for a X5 4.8 loaded 18k miles I got a price of $1175 a month which I thought was steep. Any help would be appreciated.
  • l00q6227l00q6227 Posts: 16
    Well I got the quote from the dealer. $1066 a month plus tax. In PA tax is 9% on leases. This is way too high. Thompson BMW in Doylestown told me that they would sharpen their pencils.
  • Does anyone know what the money factor for June is for an X5? Thanks.

Also, two different dealers in Florida (one in Naples and one in Pompano Beach) offered me an X5 3.0 with Sports Package, Premium Package and Sirius satellite radio for $52,400. Is that a good deal? That's $1895 over sticker.

Thanks for any help.

James
  • In my message above, I meant to say invoice price, not sticker.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Welcome msc20005. I'm glad that you have found this forum so helpful. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

You were smart to find out what money factor was being used to calculate your vehicle's monthly payment. The salesperson probably was told not to reveal it to you so that the dealer could mark it up without you knowing. I personally would never lease from a dealer that wouldn't tell me what money factor they were charging me. That's like financing a new vehicle from a dealer that refuses to tell you what interest rate they are charging you. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2007 X5 4.8i is .00230 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. It looks as though the dealer that you are working with is trying to mark your truck's money factor up to add hidden profit to your deal. BMW dealers are notorious for doing this, but it can usually be avoided by savvy consumers who know what their vehicle's money factor should be and who are willing to shop around if their are not given it. Make sure that the dealer you are working with uses this factor to calculate your truck's lease payment.

Not only is this dealer trying to mark your money factor up, but they are only offering you a $500 discount. I suspect that you can get a better price than this without too much difficulty. Make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for their X5s lately: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi l00q6227. I would be happy to estimate what sort of monthly payment you can expect to pay on this truck, but in order for me to do so I need you to tell me what its selling price is. At first glance, $1,175 does sound high.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello james72766. BMW's lease program for this truck varies by term and mileage allowance. You never mentioned what these variables are, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 X5 3.0si with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 58%, respectively.

I see in your next post that you revised your "over sticker" to "over invoice." That's good, because when I first read over sticker I was like :surprise: . $1,895 over invoice isn't terrible, but that's still a decent amount to play with. It wouldn't hurt to contact another dealer or two to see if you can beat these offers. Also, make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for their trucks lately: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • rag3rag3 Posts: 1
    does any one know the june money factor and residual value on a bmw x5 3.0 ,39 month lease, 12,000 miles per year, with no money down with a security deposit?
  • bss1bss1 Posts: 1
    Edmunds has posted lease incentives on X5 4.8 but when I go to the dealer to inquire, they tell me i need to put almost 8000 down and that still doesnt get me to the advertised lease deal. Where does Edmunds get their info. Current offer is 65000 (dont have exact figure) and they are only discounting about 500.00. Payment would be 950.00 after almost 8000.00 down. Surely there are better deals. thanks for your help
  • I visited the local BMW dealer a few days ago and setted on a 3.0 x5 with Premium and Tech package. Total was about $53225 for 15000 miles per year and 5700 out of pocket. The 36 mo lease offer was approx 721, dealer told me they would bump it down to 700 with taxes included. This was a dealer in florida, i called up a few other dealers and was offered 699 and then 695 per year. I have the feeling by how quickly they were to drop the price, even though by a few dollars thats there that there getting me. 5700 seems like alot out of pocket for a car i'm not even going to keep.
  • james, Which dealer in ponabo offer u this price and what did u rmonthly payment turn out to be?
  • Carman,

what sort of monthly payment can get i get from a 3.0 msrp 53225 including preium and tech pacage, 1500 miles per year and 5700 out of pocket. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • twinspeedtwinspeed Posts: 4
    I am looking at an BMW X5, Premium Package and Sports Package in White. MSRP 54,325.00.

Offer:
    798/month incl tax
    10,000 mi/yr - 36 months
    Money Factor 2.5
    Residual 61%

Bank Fee: 825.00
    Document Fee: 45.00
    Lic. and Reg: 408.75
    First Payment: 798.00
    Total Drive Off: 2148.00

No Cap reduction.

Where can I do better with these numbers? :confuse:

Thanks, TW
  • I am looking at an BMW X5, Premium Package and Technology Package in black. MSRP 53,225.00.

Offer:
    700/month incl tax
    15,000 mi/yr - 36 months
    Money Factor 2.3
    Residual 60%

Total Drive Off: 5700
    Is this a good deal? Am i getting enough options for the price
    Where can I do better with these numbers in florida?
  • I have got the following offer for BMW X5 with premium and technology packages, rear entertainment and climate package

Buy offer: 55900
    $998 including tax.
    15,000 mi/yr - 24months
    Residual 68%
    Total driveoff: 3100.

Could somebody suggest, is it ok to take this deal or can I find better deal?

Thanks
    Sam
  • Got great offer today.

msrp 53325
    sell price 50185
    783 inclding tax
    total drive off: 1017

Preim package & technology

thats over 3040 off msrp, however its 1130 over invoice. Is this a good deal? If think i can get better in florida, please let me know anyone.
  • twinspeedtwinspeed Posts: 4
    $2300 off of MSRP is the best I'e seen so far. You're getting close to the best deal I would say,.....but what di I know. :confuse:
  • fergie3fergie3 Posts: 6
    Can anyone recommend a good Houston dealer? I have checked with a couple of dealers and not had good results. Quoted money factor of .00285 and no discount from msrp. Thanks in advance for any help.
  • sb07sb07 Posts: 6
    Can you advise me on the current lease rates for the X-5
    Money factor
    Residual
    for a term of 24-36 months
    $2,500 down
    thanks a bunch
  • anon3anon3 Posts: 147
    It's funny how people like Car_man like to show their vehicle savvy by calling all SUVs "trucks". It's probably because several manufacturers build their SUVs on a re-purposed truck platform. Since BMW doesn't build a truck of any kind, it's hard to see how an X5 could correctly be referred to as a "truck" except using the most generic definition, which would make any vehicle a "truck" if it has a trunk or cargo area that could be used to "haul" stuff. I'm sure lots of farmers would love to haul their turnip crop to market in the back of an $80,000 X5 truck.
  • fliptradefliptrade Posts: 3
    Carman? Anyone?

Instead of sifting through all past threads, is there any website that give you updated MF and residuals for different make and model cars? Is there not an easier way to figure this out?
This discussion has been closed.