Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• rezfrezf Posts: 29
    I have heard $0 to $500 over invoice in some markets. the key is to approach them towards the end of the month. also, with the introduction of the Q7 Diesel later this year, they should be able to roll out the existing Q7s pretty easily
  • gfroiogfroio Posts: 6
    I am finilazing on a 3 year 15,000 mi lease for an 2008 X-5 4.8i. I won't list out the options but the MSRP is 66,625 and the invoice is 61,245. I negotiated the selling price to 62,500, roughly 1,250 over invoice. While I asked for a .0021 money factor to be used, the sales rep has told me they have to use .0022 or the business manager makes absolutley nothing. The residual is 37,540. No money down they are giving me a lease price of 985.

I was thinking of going back to them and telling them if we are using the .022 money factor then I am willing to offer 62,250, basicially 1K over invoice.

Any opinions on this deal ?
  • cabluecablue Posts: 48
    Maybe I just missed it, but I don't see what the residual % is for a 3.0 12/36 mo. lease would be. Am I correct that the MF is .00021? Possibly making a deal this week. Are there incentives that I'm unaware of? Should I just hope to get the price at $500 to $1,000 over invoice? I'm a current BMWFS leasee, so is there loyalty benefits? Thanks for the input. Trying to figure this all out :confuse:
  • mets86mets86 Posts: 12
    I'm turning in my 2005 X5 at the end of May and since I have enough time, the salesman wants to build my new 2008 X5 to my specs. From a quality standpoint, is there any downside to having a new one built versus buying one "off the lot"?? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
  • cabluecablue Posts: 48
    I feel that's the best way to get your BMW, ordering it just how you want it. Otherwise you're paying for things that don't really matter to you, buying off the lot. There's no difference as far as quality. Just make sure you're getting the price you want to pay. Don't let them tell you that, because you're ordering, you need to pay more. We ordered our first BMW. Many BMW's are bought this way. :)
  • 99_528i99_528i Posts: 22
    I am just starting to look for either an X5 3.0i or 4.8i. 12k miles a year, 3 year lease. I'm currently in a lease with BMWFS, and I assume I'd have some sort of loyalty discount. Any numbers on the lease rates and residual? Thanks so much for the help.
  • tg75tg75 Posts: 2
    Just received my X5 3.0 and was current BMWFS customer. Here is the deal I got. From what I can tell, only difference was the security deposit (wasn't required).

Options: Premium Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, Technology Pkg, Heated Front seats, Running boards, floor mats and 3rd row seat.

Monthly payment: $781.91 with $1,284.76 down payment.
    60% residual and money factor .00225 (I would be curious if anyone thinks I should have gotten a better rate here)
    3 yr - 12k miles a year

Ordered directly from factory and delivered to our home address. Had a great experience with the whole process using a dealership in Raleigh, NC.
  • mannydommannydom Posts: 29
    tg75,

Did you inquire about a BMWFS loyalty discount? How was your experience during the inspection of the car you returned. How many inspections did you have to go through?

On your SAV, what was MSRP and your agreed price? Then you'll know how close you were from invoice price. I thought money factor was .00210 for April.
    What is your tax rate in Raleigh, NC and did you pay taxes up front?

I'm in the process of dealing for my 3rd BMW from same dealer and salesman (2008 X5 3.0si) and second time around with BMWFS. My specs...

Sport Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Gray Nevada Leather
    BMW Assist

MSRP $53,375
    Invoice Price via Edmund's $49,105

Told salesman my price...$800 over invoice. Does anyone think he'll make a deal? I welcome any comments.
  • tg75tg75 Posts: 2
    Yes, I inquired about discounts and they mentioned the lower MF. I tried for the lower .0021 MF but was told they couldn't go lower. From other dealerships in NC, I was gettting quotes using .00255, so I didn't push it.

Tax rate is 3% in NC and is incorporated in the monthly payment. I paid roughly $1,000 over invoice. The down payment break out was:
    1st months payment($781) + Fees (472) + Tax ($14) = $1,267.

manneydom, I think you have good shot with $800 over invoice. I didn't return my other car, so can't help you with the inspection process.
  • x5mex5me Posts: 3
    i have a 2001 bmw x5 4.4 recently i had the alternator changed & now there is another problem the coolant leaks after 15 to 1/2 hr after its parked the fluid is leaking between the engine & the transmission & cannot no find excatly where the leak is coming from can anyone help me?
  • rezfrezf Posts: 29
    This site, from my understanding, is to share buying experiences and consult on lease numbers. I think you may find a wealth of information on x5world.com. Try your query there
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,889
    Hi, x5me....

Try this discussion: BMW X5 Maintenance and Repair

Good luck!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

I think my car salesman is trying to clean me out. To think that this is going to be my 3rd BMW purchased from him. Please help. X5 3.0si agreed price is $1,250 over invoice. I want to lease for 3 years 15,000 miles per year. He is presenting me an offer of money factor .0025, residual 58%, and acq fee $875. There is no down payment and monthly is $889.40 (taxes included---Cook County, Illinois 7.75%). At pickup, need to pay $1197.40.

I have followed this thread. I have seen MF to be .0021 and residual from 58-60%. Any comments? I countered with MF .0021 and residual 58%. Do the numbers make sense?

For 3 years 12,000 miles/year he offered MF .0025 and residual 60%.

I will truly, truly appreciate anyone's thoughts.
  • 2008 X5
    MSRP 54,125
    CCP 50,767

Options:
    Pre Pkg
    Tech Pkg
    R Cli Pkg
    Auto Tailgate
    IPOD
    Runningboards

36/12 - no money down

722.00 including tax

1800.00 inceptions.

I know they hosed me in inceptions, but I was so tired of complaining and arguing I just gave in. The car isn't delivered yet. Is this a decent lease and if not when the car arrives can I still cancel out of it.

Thanks
  • I just learned that BMW is giving away the premium pkg. so now my lease is with all the before mentioned options:

690.00 per month including taxes 36/12 zero down
  • Giving away the premium package???? Does that mean $2500 big ones off vehicles already equipped with this very necessary option? I'm in los angeles and have about 10 dealerships competing for my business, would I be better off using the end of the month negotiating benefits or the potential for new lease deals (ie. improved MF of loyalty program people) that may come May1st?
  • We have a 3 series sedan which we like a lot, so much in fact we want to upgrade early. We are 1 year into a 3 year lease. Does anyone have an opinion on if this is possible and if so, am I going to take a bath to get into an X5?

Thanks in advance
  • psylencepsylence Posts: 3
    Coming off a 3 year lease from being a loyal infiniti buyer. Currently have the M45 sport previously had an FX35. Things are looking on the up and up and am now able to afford my 3rd bimmer. i was at open road BMW in NJ. the sales guy was giving me the following deal.

X5 4.8I
    Premium Package
    Sports Package
    Technology Package
    White on Black

5,672 down ($800 of which is returnable security) $800 a month

I was willing to pay up front too and he gave me no money down and $811 month total equaling $26,763 +tax +title +destination fees.

Am i getting a good deal or am i getting Jacked? This would be a build to order situation.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    HI mannydom. The selling price that you were quoted for the X5 that you are interested in, $1,250 over invoice, sounds reasonable to me, but you're right...the money factor is a little high. As you have read, BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2008 X5 3.0si is .00210 for returning BMW FS lessees. The dealer is trying to make a little extra back-end money on your deal by marking up your money factor. Make sure that the dealer uses this factor to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Thanks Car_man. If he stands his ground and insists on .00250 MF, do I have any other option besides accepting the deal or walking away?
  • asteinbergasteinberg Posts: 138
    What are May/2008 MF and residuals for BMW X5 3.0 and 4.8
    for 12,000 miles, 15,000 miles.
    (I have BMW 535i with BMW FS.)
    Also, how would multiple deposits reduce MF?
    Finally, what is reasonable amount above invoice?
    (BMW 535I recent lease was invoice +$800.)
    Given BMW high MFs for X5, any suggestions on other SUVs to review with better leases?
    Anyone any ideas on getting lowest price for X5?
    Not sure why they aren't cheaper, given economy and poor mileage...
    Does 3.0 have enough pickup?
    My wife is considering BMW X5.
    I have BMW 535i and have mixed feelings, but I did get reasonable deal.
    I'm also in Los Angeles. Would you be kind enough to advise what kind of deals you are being offered on X5?
    Thank you so much for your help.
  • hachee2001hachee2001 Posts: 11
    I'm in NY. I should have pulled the trigger in April, because May numbers are awful:
    On a 36mo/10K lease, the residual went from 61% to 56%. The MF went from .0021 to .0025. This alone raises the price at least $100/mo (I didn't get a firm number, since I was in shock). I don't know what a reasonable price over invoice or discount off list is right now, but obviously BMW isn't that anxious to move these cars.
    You're welcome, mannydom. If the dealer that you are working with insists upon marking up your vehicle's money factor there isn't much that you can do to get them not to other than threatening to or actually going to a competing dealer.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi asteinberg. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of a 2008 BMW X5 3.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 53%, respectively. the numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '08 X5 4.8 are .00225 and 55%. If you were to lease with only 12,000 miles per year, these trucks' residual values will be 2% higher.

As far as multiple security deposits go, each additional deposit that you make after the first (unless it is waived because you are a returning BMW FS lessee) will reduce these trucks' money factors by .00007. You can make up to a maximum of seven additional deposits for a total money factor reduction of .00049.

I am not personally all that familiar with what the market is like for the X5 right now, but you may be able to get a good idea of how much you will have to pay for one by visiting the "BMW X5 Prices Paid and Buying Experience" discussion.

Car_man
    Host
  • HI,
    Anybody knows when we should expect new lease pull ahead program?

Thanks
  • mets86mets86 Posts: 12
    I'm picking up my new leased '08 X5 later today. This is my 2nd consecutive X5 lease. I just got a phone call from the dealership and they're trying to sell me two new features that according to them, were not available when I leased my 2003 X5. The first is for excess wear and tear at the end of the lease. It acts like a "mini" insurance plan for damage to the car at the end of the lease. I pay $600 up front and it covers me for up to $2,500 costs for excess wear and tear. It also has a $100 deductible.
    The second is for the tires. I $589 up front, it covers me if I have to replace a damaged tire at anytime during the lease for damage (pothole, nail, etc). It covers any amount of tires that would need to be replaced. Does anyone know of these options? Are they worth buying or are they another way to get ripped off? Any input would be great. Thanks.
  • rrusso1rrusso1 Posts: 23
    The tire option could be something to think about. Since the X5 has run flats the cost of replacing a tire can be very expensive. I took the tire policy on my 2008 X5 because I was told it not only covered the tires but also the rims. Considering the high cost of the rims and the high cost of the tires if you have to replace one of each during your lease it would probably pay for itself. Check to see if the policy also covers the rims.
    I had the excess wear and tear on my last X5 and collected $400 for damages to the car. My policy had no deductible and was extremely easy to collect on. Once BMW inspected the car and assessed my security deposit for the damage I sent the paperwork to the insurance company and they reimbursed me with no questions asked. I hope this helps you.
  • hachee2001hachee2001 Posts: 11
    Does anyone know these yet?

I'm looking for the numbers for an X5 3.0, 36 months, 10K/year. (NY area, if that matters.)

Any other specials such as the premium credit? Seems like this was added after the beginning of the month last month (and in April).
This discussion has been closed.