Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• ms09ms09 Posts: 112
    Whats the current bmw u own.

U really like the bm i think
  • anon3anon3 Posts: 147
    I drive an X5 for daily/normal/winter driving. I have an M6 for fun and have logged a fair amount of track time in it. I leased a 325ix wagon for my daughter in college. So, you're right, I do like BMW. :) My next car will be a different brand, however, because BMW doesn't have any new vehicles in their development pipeline that interest me enough to trade out of the current vehicles.
  • anon3anon3 Posts: 147
    This discussion group is about the X5. Since you're a "BMW regular", you know that there is no European Delivery Program for the X5, which is made in South Carolina. Aside from that comment, your post would be useful for first-time lessees.
  • donkey1217donkey1217 Posts: 5
    Does any one have the new residual#'s and Money Factors for may. If so, did they make the lease more or less favorable. I'm looking at an X5 3.0 and 4.8 (depends on the price, last month the MF was actually lower on the 4.8 so it was <90 bucks a month difference) with Premium, tech, heated seats, and running boards. thanks
  • paxtonkpaxtonk Posts: 49
    Ditto, I've just found myself in need of a new SUV in the next week or so. Could someone please post this month rates and residuals...please base them on 15K/year and knowing what BMW's bank fee would be very helpful. Also, if you can include all the off year lease terms (39, 42..)

Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi Keith. BMW Financial Services' lease program varies by term and mileage allowance. For now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month lease with 15,000 miles per year. Let me know if you want something different. BMW FS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW X5 3.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 58%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome chaddy75.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    You're welcome infinitimn. I'm glad that you've found my past advice so helpful. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 X5 3.0 with 10,000 miles per year are .00230 and 58%, respectively. The addition of the navigation option has no impact upon this truck's lease program, just its MSRP and selling price. BMW does have a multiple security deposit program. It will provide a reduction of .00007 in the money factor that is used to calculate your monthly payment for each additional deposit you make, up to a maximum of 7.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello twilly3. Let me begin by saying that it is not a good idea to make such a large down payment when leasing. I always advise consumers against making capitalized cost reductions on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

As far as the selling price that you mentioned goes, the truck that you described probably has a spread of between $5,500 and $6,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. I am not all that familiar with what the market is like for the X5 4.8 in your area, but I personally would want more than a $1,000 discount on one. It wouldn't hurt to comparison shop a little bit. Also, make sure to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Also, make sure that the dealer you are working with uses BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor of .00230 to calculate your truck's monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Congratulations on your new truck, rsingleton. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you got on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of your deal if you let me know what its selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi enthusiast7. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 30 month lease of a 2007 X5 4.8 with 10,000 miles per year are .00230 and 66%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi infinitimn. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 X5 3.0 with 10,000 miles per year are .00230 and 61%, respectively. If you want, you can pay additional security deposits to lower this truck's money factor. For each additional security deposit you make BMW FS will lower your vehicle's money factor by .00007, up to a maximum of seven additional deposits.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey lugoesq. BMW has enhanced its money factors on the X5 over the past couple of months. Its buy rate lease money factor for the X5 3.0 is now .00230, which is equivalent to an interest rate of around 5.5%. This is much better than the money factors that were available on this truck when the redesigned version was first introduced, but it is still going to be fairly expensive to lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings xwoogiex. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

The truck that you described has a spread of around $4,200 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Prices have already started to come down on the X5, but I suspect that a discount of $3,900 is a little optimistic. Try stopping by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks lately: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi sheikh37. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 X5 3.0 is .00230.

BMW FS charges an acquisition fee of $625 on every deal. Individual dealers do not have the authority to waive this charge, but they are allowed to and often try to mark it up by a couple hundred dollars to add hidden profit to deals.

The information that you posted about BMW FS' multiple security deposit program is right on the money.

BMW FS' current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the 2007 X5 3.0 is 58%.

The truck that you described has a spread of over $4,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. In my opinion, the $3,000 discount that you negotiated on this truck isn't bad. It is probably around $1,600 over invoice on a recently redesigned truck. It wouldn't hurt to compare the price that you were quoted with the prices that other community members have recently paid for similar trucks though: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • paxtonkpaxtonk Posts: 49
    My salesperson tells me that the .00230 MF is only good for current BMW owners. I'm in the So. California area, is what I'm being told true?

Thanks.
    Hi lugoesq. What is this truck's MSRP? I ask because it will show me how much of a discount you are bring given on it. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for the 2007 X5 3.0 is .00230 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing and .00245 with the deposit waived.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings cinderelly. Since you have never leased before, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

If you provide me with this truck's MSRP I will gladly tell you what I think of the selling price that you were quoted. The MSRP will also enable me to use BMW's current lease program to estimate what your lease payment should be like.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi donkey1217. I believe that BMW's May lease program for the X5 slightly worse than it was in April. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 X5 3.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 58%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2007 X5 4.8 are exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi paxtonk. See my previous post for the X5's 36 month numbers. The money factors for 42 month leases of these trucks would be the same, but their residual values would drop to 53% for the X5 3.0 and 52% for the X5 4.8.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
This discussion has been closed.