Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• x5fan10x5fan10 Posts: 17
    I am in baltimore and planning to lease X5.
    this is the quote i have gotten-
    X5 3.0- technology package, premium, 3rd row, rear entertainment, rear climate and cold package- 55750.

Need advise- should i tell the dealer NOW, that i am interested in a lease? Or Should i wait for my test drive and tell then, when i actually plan to buy? Also, should i negotiate more?
    Do they ever go below their invoice price? Dealer says his invoice is 55415.

thanks
  • tomcat626tomcat626 Posts: 24
    IMHO, once you get to their bottom line, which is their selling price, just apply it to the formula, everything else is straight forward. I would send couple of email to different dealers to get quotes first.
    It's a good deal to me if the sign off was not that high.
  • I made the following lease deal on a 2009 X5 30i here in Northern Virginia last week at Fairfax BMW. After a couple of days of back and forth, eventually was able to custom order an X5 which will be delivered in 4-6 weeks.

X5 30i, Vermilion Red, Sand Beige Nevada Leather, Light Poplar Wood Trim
    Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Rear Climate, iPod Adaptor, Smartphone Integration, HD Radio
    $57,375 MSRP
    $52,955 Selling Price
    $1,750 existing customer additional cap reduction
    additions include VA tax, title, tags
    36 months, 12k mileage allowance
    Residual 55%
    Money Factor .00180
    $1,500 due at signing + First Month payment upon car delivery in 4-6 weeks
    Monthly payment $716

Dealership initially had money factor of .00220 but thanks to postings in this forum, I knew that was a markup. Salesman initially pitched a custom order to me while emailing back and forth. Once we sat down and started talking numbers it was clear they would not discount a custom order very much, so we started negotiated for a similar car on their lot (not the color that my wife wanted), so after getting that car down to basically the same numbers as above, I still did not want to pay more than $1,500 at signing (ie, no additional $716 first month payment). Manager stepped in and said there is just no way to go lower...and after much hand wringing he suggested just letting us custom order and that got us the color we wanted and pushed the first month payment back 4-6 weeks, which actually worked better for us since we have an existing lease on a Volvo that is set to expire in July. Manager said they train their salespersons not to negotiate pricing very much on custom orders and to try to move the cars already on their lot (makes sense). I think it is a fair deal and the guys at Fairfax BMW were very pleasant to deal with.
  • sleepie28sleepie28 Posts: 5
    Hi everyone,

It looks like BMW Financial Srv is offering a $1750 Lease Cash Offer for X5 3.0 and 4.8i. For anyone or Car_man, is this Lease Cash available in conjunction with the Loyalty Cash (which is also $1750)?

Do you guys know the buy rate MF for June on the x5 4.8i? I'm gonna get my car next week! Thanks a million!

sleepie
    $1750 for everyone? Is this true? I can't believe it!!
    That's what I'm trying to get confirmation. I was told last month that the only thing available was the $1750 loyalty cash (for current bmw owners).

But I'm trying to see if I'm actually eligible for both! :P
    Check this out http://www.bmwoffairfax.com/financing/

BMW OWNER LOYALTY FOR EVERYONE !!!
    JOhn
    Thanks for the info. So how did u negotiate the MF? And the rseidual value- i thot it was 57% for 36mo and 12k.
    Also, what would u recommend- shud i tell the dealer NOW or when i negotiate the price, that i am in for a lease. And when i tell him that i am in for a lease, what new surprises should i be prepared for?
    thanks
    ps i am a bit nervous since this is my first lease
    thanks for the clarification - i guess i can only deduct $1750 once.

thanks so much for your post tho!
    I actually test drove an X5 and walked away after little conversation with the internet manager. Home is where I do all the homework and negotiation at. I sent emails to 5 dealers and asked them to match or beat the best price. It turns out that they are quite cooperative. To me the MF is pretty much fixed however you can put some SD down to lower it by 0.00015 or so.
    I remember that Edmunds lease guide recommended to act like buying before surprising them :-) But, it's your call!
    Just sent an email to a dealer to confirm the cash offer. It's too good to be true tho
    Thanks Tomcat
    I am waiting to hear back...this is what i have do far-
    X5 3.0 black saph with beige leather
    cold, prem, tech, 3rd row seat with entertainment and climate
    msrp 58225
    selling price 54410 plus taxes.

what do u think?
    One dealer already confirmed that $1750 lease cash offer is available for new customer, yahooooo
    I believe $4000 cap reduction is about touching the bottom line of dealers, at least in SoCal. I still don't know the MF and RV for June though, hopefully they are better.
    Thats gr8.
    Also, are we supposed to pay all those fees mentioned on the web site- aquisition and security fee?????

Where do u get info abt june MF and residuals?? Do u have any info yet?

thanks
    Aquisition fee is part of the deal of Drive-off which is usually no more than $1500 for an honest deader.
    Security Deposit is totally up to you, it will slightly lower your interest rate (MF) as I mentioned b4.
    Ask your dealers about MF and RV, they are not supposed to lie on these. But they still have chance to trick you, guess it's their job. :)
    Johnpatrick
    Did u pay any deposit for the speical order?
    My dealer wants me to pay 1000.00 for special order.
    Also, before u gave the order, u had straightened all the bends- i mean negotiating lease terms etc etc.

thanks
    I special ordered mine for $500 over invoice - dealer is located in So. Cal.

MF for May on the 4.8i was 0.00155, is June the same?

Thanks!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi mel04. Let's take a look at the deal that you were offered. The money factor that you were quoted looks great. It's right in line with BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for this model.

Let's take a look at the other important number to focus on when leasing, this truck's selling price. This truck probably has a spread of around $4,600 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. Add to this the $1,750 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it and you have a total of around $6,350 to play with in your negotiations. You were quoted a discount of $2,175 on this truck. I definitely think that you can do better than that, particularly in an area that has a lot of competition like NY. Try comparison shopping with a few other dealers and see if you can beat this price.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    What you heard is correct, sleepie28. Originally the $1,750 cash incentive on BMW X5 leases was only for loyal customers, but they have subsequently opened it up to "conquest" customers, aka anyone with a pulse, as well. You can not double dip and get $1,750 x 2.

BMW Financial Services' new June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X5 4.8 are .00155 and 56%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • yueluyuelu Posts: 3
    Car_Man,

Could you let me know the June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X5 3.0? Thanks.
  • dpeck1dpeck1 Posts: 51
    I heard that dealers can't give away the diesels and are offerinng them for better numbers than the 3.0s. Is there a better plan or additional holdback or discount on the diesels???????

Thanks
    Here is the deal:

X5 30i,
    Premium, Tech, Cold Weather, Rear Climate,running boards, Sport
    $60,275 MSRP
    $57,000 Selling Price
    $1,750 customer additional cap reduction

36 months, 15k mileage allowance
    Residual 55%
    Money Factor .00180
    due at signing - First Month payment, $749 security, and $725 Bank fee and docs/plates
    Monthly payment $845 which includes NY tax.

Thoughts? Seems high to me.

Please help!!!!!!
  • trabd123trabd123 Posts: 37
    Here's the deal that I signed two weeks ago:

X5 30i,
    Options: Heated front seats, USB/iPod adapter, BMW Assist, Rear Climate,running boards
    Color: Blue with Beige interior
    MSRP: $51,175
    Selling Price: $48,000
    Cost Cap Red.: $1,750

36 months, 10k mileage/year
    Residual value: 58%
    Money Factor: .00180
    Due at signing: First Month payment, $749 security, and $725 Bank fee, docs and plates
    Monthly payment: $656 (NY tax is included)
    Here you go, yuelu. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X5 3.0 with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi trabd123. Congratulations on getting your new X5. Thanks for taking the time to share the details of your lease with everyone. Real world examples like this are always very helpful for consumers who are in the market for similar vehicles. If you haven't already, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Car man
    Could you please tell me the MF and residual for June 2009 for X5 3.0 for 36/ 12K?
    And is this listed somewhere? Just so the dealer doesnt try to pull a fast one on me.
    Thanks
    Thanks Car_man. Yea, I was quoted the .00155 MF on my lease. The sales rep said I can buy down the MF to 0.0105 if I pay a $5000 security deposit up front.

It would actually lower my monthly payment from $847 to $807. What's your thoughts....anyone?

Cheers!
  • rams160rams160 Posts: 11
    I have this offer for a X35d
    Premium
    Tech
    Cold Weather
    Rear Climate
    Third Row
    Remote Access
    MSRP 62,875
    Selling Price 57,985 =invoice
    36 month lease, 12K/year,
    $850/month, security deposit waived, nothing down.
    I am in St Louis, MO. Any thoughts?
    What dealer in NY and where? Thanks
This discussion has been closed.