Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• rezfrezf Posts: 29
    April lease numbers are the same as March
  • mets86mets86 Posts: 12
    I'm new to the discussion board and had a few questions regarding a new lease quote for a 2008 X5 3.0 that I received from dealer (I'll be turning in my 2005 X5 in May).

MSRP (including all options) = $58,125
    Residual value 61%
    Lease end vlaue = $35,456.25
    Term = 36 mos
    Money Factor = .0021
    Sales Tax = $2,586.68
    Initial Cap Cost = $56,250
    Adjusted Cap Cost $58,784.34
    Amount due at sigining = $1,590.75
    10k mi/year
    Monthly payment = $845.91

Is this a good lease deal? I'm in the NYC Metro area. How do I determine what the actual sale price of the car is? Also, how much over invoice should I be negotiatiing for?? Any help would greatly appreciated !!
  • I'm in NYC metro area too, and I've got the same question about how much over invoice I should expect. They should tell you the selling price, which I believe should be the cap cost you said was $56,250, but what's the "adjusted cap cost"?

I just priced an X5 - the first price I got was $2,000 off list, which is about $2,300 over invoice. I hope I can do better than this.

BTW, I got the same 61% residual, .0021 MF, 36 mo, 10K/year.
    Adjusted cap cost is $58,784.34
  • beopersonbeoperson Posts: 54
    I had an offer in DIFEO BMW
    MSRP 55.925
    Sale Price 51, 725
    But this was on March 31
  • I'm considering this against a Q7, and just got a quote. The MF on the Audi is super low - .00006, but the residual sucks - 53%. And my first quote was about $1900 off sticker of $54000, which I didn't think was so great. Price, with tax, comes in at $723/month, with about $1500 out of pocket including the first month.

The X5 as described above, comes in at around $750/month.

I'd like to know what I can realistically pay over invoice or below sticker (for either car).
    mets86

Your numbers add up fine, but I don't think it is much of a deal. If you were to get the negotiating price to $1000 above invoice which would be $54475 (which is a no brainer in this market) then you can expect the same lease payment to drop to $792 a month
    residual value has a more profound effect on your lease payment than the money factor. Audi was in the business of hyper-inflating their residuals a few years back in order to make leases more attractive and ultimately improve sales. Those leases have started to mature in the past two years and Audi Financial is hurting as a result. They have stopped that practice now (some say the current residuals set by Audi are set below the market price so when these newer leases mature and customers turn them in, Audi Financial can recover some of the earlier losses) That is why dollar for dollar Audis are not leasing as well as they did 4-5 years ago. The only thing they can do now is provide a very low money factor, which helps...just not that much
  • Thanks, Rezf, I understand all that - I'm currently on my third Audi leases, and they've all been great deals, and I knew it couldn't continue. But my question is, what's a realistic amount over invoice that I can expect to be the cap cost? I thought I'd do better in this market, but I actually really prefer to get the car from my local dealer (not that they've been all that great to deal with and the service is less than perfect, but they're more convenient, and I'd like the option of a loaner car when servicing).
    Thank you for the response rezf. It looks like I have some room to negotiate a better price. I'll give it a try. Thanks.
    I have heard $0 to $500 over invoice in some markets. the key is to approach them towards the end of the month. also, with the introduction of the Q7 Diesel later this year, they should be able to roll out the existing Q7s pretty easily
  • gfroiogfroio Posts: 6
    I am finilazing on a 3 year 15,000 mi lease for an 2008 X-5 4.8i. I won't list out the options but the MSRP is 66,625 and the invoice is 61,245. I negotiated the selling price to 62,500, roughly 1,250 over invoice. While I asked for a .0021 money factor to be used, the sales rep has told me they have to use .0022 or the business manager makes absolutley nothing. The residual is 37,540. No money down they are giving me a lease price of 985.

I was thinking of going back to them and telling them if we are using the .022 money factor then I am willing to offer 62,250, basicially 1K over invoice.

Any opinions on this deal ?
  • cabluecablue Posts: 48
    Maybe I just missed it, but I don't see what the residual % is for a 3.0 12/36 mo. lease would be. Am I correct that the MF is .00021? Possibly making a deal this week. Are there incentives that I'm unaware of? Should I just hope to get the price at $500 to $1,000 over invoice? I'm a current BMWFS leasee, so is there loyalty benefits? Thanks for the input. Trying to figure this all out :confuse:
    I'm turning in my 2005 X5 at the end of May and since I have enough time, the salesman wants to build my new 2008 X5 to my specs. From a quality standpoint, is there any downside to having a new one built versus buying one "off the lot"?? Any information would be helpful. Thanks.
  • cabluecablue Posts: 48
    I feel that's the best way to get your BMW, ordering it just how you want it. Otherwise you're paying for things that don't really matter to you, buying off the lot. There's no difference as far as quality. Just make sure you're getting the price you want to pay. Don't let them tell you that, because you're ordering, you need to pay more. We ordered our first BMW. Many BMW's are bought this way. :)
  • 99_528i99_528i Posts: 22
    I am just starting to look for either an X5 3.0i or 4.8i. 12k miles a year, 3 year lease. I'm currently in a lease with BMWFS, and I assume I'd have some sort of loyalty discount. Any numbers on the lease rates and residual? Thanks so much for the help.
  • tg75tg75 Posts: 2
    Just received my X5 3.0 and was current BMWFS customer. Here is the deal I got. From what I can tell, only difference was the security deposit (wasn't required).

Options: Premium Pkg, Rear Climate Pkg, Technology Pkg, Heated Front seats, Running boards, floor mats and 3rd row seat.

Monthly payment: $781.91 with $1,284.76 down payment.
    60% residual and money factor .00225 (I would be curious if anyone thinks I should have gotten a better rate here)
    3 yr - 12k miles a year

Ordered directly from factory and delivered to our home address. Had a great experience with the whole process using a dealership in Raleigh, NC.
  • mannydommannydom Posts: 29
    tg75,

Did you inquire about a BMWFS loyalty discount? How was your experience during the inspection of the car you returned. How many inspections did you have to go through?

On your SAV, what was MSRP and your agreed price? Then you'll know how close you were from invoice price. I thought money factor was .00210 for April.
    What is your tax rate in Raleigh, NC and did you pay taxes up front?

I'm in the process of dealing for my 3rd BMW from same dealer and salesman (2008 X5 3.0si) and second time around with BMWFS. My specs...

Sport Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Gray Nevada Leather
    BMW Assist

MSRP $53,375
    Invoice Price via Edmund's $49,105

Told salesman my price...$800 over invoice. Does anyone think he'll make a deal? I welcome any comments.
  • tg75tg75 Posts: 2
    Yes, I inquired about discounts and they mentioned the lower MF. I tried for the lower .0021 MF but was told they couldn't go lower. From other dealerships in NC, I was gettting quotes using .00255, so I didn't push it.

Tax rate is 3% in NC and is incorporated in the monthly payment. I paid roughly $1,000 over invoice. The down payment break out was:
    1st months payment($781) + Fees (472) + Tax ($14) = $1,267.

manneydom, I think you have good shot with $800 over invoice. I didn't return my other car, so can't help you with the inspection process.
  • x5mex5me Posts: 3
    i have a 2001 bmw x5 4.4 recently i had the alternator changed & now there is another problem the coolant leaks after 15 to 1/2 hr after its parked the fluid is leaking between the engine & the transmission & cannot no find excatly where the leak is coming from can anyone help me?
This discussion has been closed.