Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• You're very welcome, 03qx.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi jpmp. Let's crunch some numbers and see what we come up with. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2010 BMW X5 3.0 that has an MSRP of $58,625 and a selling price of $53,310 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 10,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $703.

At lease signing for this deal, you would have to pay your truck's first month's payment, a security deposit equivalent to that payment rounded up to the nearest $25 increment (unless you're a returning BMW FS lessee), BMW's $725 acquisition fee, and any required taxes or fees.

I used the formula that is outlined in the following article to calculate your payment, Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • What can you expect for discounts off MSRP before 2,500 holiday discount, 36 month rate factor and residual for 12,000? Current X5 is being traded in with BMW financial absorbing last three payments (supposedly not rolled into the new lease)
  • ryo998ryo998 Posts: 13
    Got a quote today from the dealer for a 2009 BMW X5 3.0 with premium, technology, cold weather and rear climate package.

MSRP $56,275
    DOWNPAYMENT $3,000
    BMW HOLIDAY CREDIT $2,500
    MONEY FACTOR 0.00265
    RESIDUAL 56% (12K miles)

MONTHLY PAYMENT $740 + tax. Looks kind of expensive to me. What do you guys think?
  • Sounds like expensive to me. This is what I got from my dealer:

2010 X5 3.0 - Premium, Technology, rear climate package, 3rd row seats.

$5000 Initial down payment(includes first month payment, one month payment as security deposit)

$605 per month(with tax it's $664 tax - california). 36 months, 12K miles /year.

I did not take this, instead placed an order for X5 35d diesel.
  • That's too expensive.....

I just leased a 2009 X5 3.0 with premium, cold weather, and rear climate. 36 months 12,000k per year.

MSRP~ $55120
    Due at signing~ $1921 (included security deposit, first month payment, plate)
    BMW rebate~$1750

Monthly payment~ $706 including tax
    The salesman didn't seem want to make a deal, so that's that...

Anyway, the new lease offer advertised for 2010 X5 3.0 by BMW, $519/mo for 36 mo. 10K/year. Does anyone know how they arrive at that number? What money factor and residual did they use?
    Got another quote from another dealer...

MSRP $56,625
    BASE CAP COST $52,145 (I am assuming this includes Holiday Credit?)
    MF 0.0024
    RESIDUAL 59% (12K/year)
    NO CAP COST REDUCTION
    DRIVE OFF $2,555 (includes 1st month, license/reg, bank and documentation)
    MONTHLY $726 + tax

What do you guys think?
  • Two different dealers told me that the money factor for a 3 year, 10,000 mile lease on 2010 X5 diesels is now .0033 versus the .0025 I have seen posted here recently. Residual value set at 58%. This is what the two dealers I have talked to are saying that BMW financial services is now quoting, but seems to differ from what is posted on BMW's website (if you back in to the numbers for $599/month lease they are now quoting). Car man or someone else, can you confirm this?
  • Does any one knows what is current money factor for X5-30i ?

Also, any possibility it will be lower next month?

Sorry, I ma new to this so not sure how frequently BMW releases new MF?

Nearing a deal on leasing X5-30i MSRP ~58000 and negotiated down after all rebates to ~ 53000 but not sure what should be the correct MF?

I suspect dealer uses higher MF.

Thanks,
  • jlau1jlau1 Posts: 1
    Hi,

Would you mind telling me where money factors (buy rate), residuals, and selling prices are for the 2010 BMW X5 4.8 right now? Looking to buy in a few weeks.

Thanks,

jlau1
  • plaselet me know of this quote

2010 X5 3.0 - Premium, Technology, rear climate package, technology pkg.

$2000 Initial down payment(includes first month payment, one month payment as security deposit)

$755 per month(with tax-5%). 36 months, 10K miles /year. includes the holiday credit.
    i it too expensive?
    what should the monthly payment be
  • sls1sls1 Posts: 36
    This deal sounds good, thoughts?

2010 X5 3.0 premium w/ cold weather and 3rd row
    MSRP $56375
    Cap cost $51353 inclusive of holiday rebate.
    Residual 60% (33,825)
    money factor .00225
    36 month lease w/ 10 miles
    nothing down just standard inceptions
    $678.57 plus tax

question on inceptions- is is standard for dealer to charge a doc fee? and do I have to pay sales tax on the holiday rebate up front?
    Thanks
  • Hello helmet4. The money factor that you were quoted is way too high. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X5 diesel is definitely only .00250. It sounds like the dealers that you spoke with are attempting to mark up BMW's buy rate to add additional hidden profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, namita. Through January 4th, BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor for the 2010 X5 3.0i is .00225.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go, jlau1. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X5 4.8 with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 58%, respectively for returning lessees or new ones who pay a security deposit at lease signing.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease this truck for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take the $2,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi there
    I am trying to negotiate a lease..as there is a $4500 eco credit through jan 4
    .the published deal for BMW USA is $559/month plus tax for 10K miles a year
    includes premium package/heated seats and destination charge... the MSRP is 55,925....i want to add 2,000 miles a year to 12K a year ( i was told the extra miles added $1,100 to the cost) and a technology pkg..
    (which is $2,800) so the added value would be $3900 to the MSRP totalling $59,825 and i am getting the runaround from local dealers who say they are
    discounting the "new" MSRP over $2000 and the new payment will be $629/mth plus tax.... how do I figure out if they are giving me the same lease deal as they wont tell me the percentage rate... in other words to upgrade that car 2k how much more per should i be paying with the lease deal/ percetage advertised
    HELP!!!
  • Here's a great lease calculator. it helped me out on a recent deal. www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm
  • tidestertidester Posts: 10,109
    You can save gas and use our very own lease calculator right here along with full explanations on the how to Calculate Your Own Lease Payment part. No need to drive across town. :shades:

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • Visited a local Dallas dealer today and got the following quote for 2010 X5d to be ordered before jan 4 in order to get tax credit

msrp $60125
    prem pkg
    tech pkg
    + some other options

$7000 down includes fees, 1st month, etc
    $4500 eco cred
    36 mnths, 12k miles
    Money fact .0029
    $788/month

Not much of a deal to me..Any recs on certain dealers who are willing to negogiate with long time BMW customer? Thanks
  • a4sfa4sf Posts: 11
    Any chance you have the name of that dealer in Az?
  • I am considering leasing a 2009 X5 3.0i that was used as a loaner (it comes with full warranty). It has most of the extras with the exception of NAV. It has 16K miles on it. Original MSRP was 55K and selling price is 40K after 2.5K rebate. Looking at a 3 yr, 10K mile lease for about $650 (incl. tax, $1K down). Having trouble figuring out what the residual should be. Does this seem like a good deal?
  • that's not bad, but not great..the national add for 2010 x5 diesel gives you a $4,500 eco credit off an MSRP around 55K with premium pkg and heated seats (no nav) for $559 a month plus tax,,,, there is a larger down payment lik$4100 but it's brand new and will get double the gas mileage of an traditional gas x-5 and you'll be doing something good for the environment!!! I decided to buy one it;s on order at BMW totally loaded and for me it was a better deal to buy it as i wanted nav and more miles a month so ultimately I got $4500 eco credit and another $2700 off so amost $7,500 off the MSRP of a $59K vehicle.

if you have to borrow monwy the rates for lending for purchase are better than for lease at BMW i't like 4% vs 6%
  • Considering X5 30i lease (3ry 10k mi./yr). Anyone know if there is any reason to wait until after the holiday credit expires - any clues about promotions after Jan 4? Any recognizable promotions patterns from previous years from watching what happens after holiday season? I cannot help but wonder if sales are low (as common in car industry now) perhaps a better promotion may be offered in January.

Looked at the national advertisement lease offer (includes $2500 holiday credit) with MSRP 52,225. Anyone know if there is more negotiation room in this deal? What are chances of negotiating lower? Anyone succeed and by how much?

Dealers claim 6 to 8 weeks from order to delivery. Is this time estimate accurate and reliable? If not, how much time should I assume is more realistic?

T.I.A.
  • Hi,

Here is the offer I am getting for a 2010 BMW X5 xDrive30i
    with
    Premium Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Technology Package
    Running Boards
    Roof rails
    iPod and USB Adapter

MSRP is $56,225.00
    Dealer is willing to sell for $53,280.00

Looking to lease for 3yrs/12k miles per year.
    He has quoted me Down payment 6000 + 2500 bmw credit = 8500 total
    Monthly Payment $611.32 without tax = $670.92 with tax (LA area)

Is this a good deal? I am not to good at all with negotiating so any help would be great...

Thanks!
  • Hello, looking if is bmw x5 2009 loaner car with 7000m, for lease $600 a moth plus $1500(bank fee, 1st payment, and dmw fee). Is this a good deal? Thanks
  • hello, I have offer for 2009 x5 loaner car with 7000ml.
    msrp is 54,075.
    cold weather package
    premium package
    rear climate package
    iPod and USB
    lease is 36m/10k.
    payment $600/m and $1500(1st payment, bank fee, DMW fee)
    Is this a good deal? Thanks
  • I am new to the leasing world, as I have always financed my cars, but I am looking to give leasing a try to replace my X3 for an X5 diesel. I have read every article I have found and have learned to do my own calculations, which so far seems to have worked as I have been able to get a detailed itemized offer (after a couple back and forths with the sales guy, showing him I could do my own math...) from the dealer in Ft Lauderdale FL. I have the following offer on the table:

MSRP: 62,825

Eco Credit from BMW $4,500
    Dealer Discount $2,500

Until here it looks reasonable ($55,825) if I compare with Edmunds TMV ($56,518). However to get to cap cost, the dealer also adds the following:

Acq fee: $925 (which from what I read BMW FS charges $725 for the X5, meaning the dealer is marking it up by $200)
    Dealer fee: $549 (this one I have no idea if its legit or just another way for the dealer to get profit back would like feedback from the experts out there).

With a $2,500 down payment my cap cost ends at $54,699 which with a 36 term (12,000 miles) and a money factor of 0,0025 works out to a $754+tax monthly payment. So after all this, is this a reasonable offer and specifically your thoughts on the acq fee mark up and the infamous "dealer fee"?

Also, upfront out of pocket has been itemized by the dealer as follows:

$2,500 down payment
    $ 800 Security Deposit
    $ 200 Tag Transfer
    $ 799.22 first payment
    $ 150 taxes on cap cost (this one I still don't get and maybe you can help me understand it, as I see it taxes on cap cost are being paid by taxing the monthly payment)

Would appreciate your feedback on this, as I said I am a rookie at this lease thing.

Thanks and happy holidays.
  • Hello all:

I was just quoted a money factor of .0024 and a residual value of 60% for a 2010 x5 4.8 with 3 yr/12k miles per year.

Is this reasonable?

the other thing I don't quite get from this thread is are dealers selling X5s for a certain markup over invoice minus the rebate? In other words, is anyone getting deals (including the holiday credit) that gets them the car AT true invoice or very close?

TIA
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,090
    You seem to have a pretty good handle on it..

1) The acquisition fee is marked up the maximum $200 that BMWFS allows.

2) The dealer fee of $549 is pure extra revenue for the dealer..

3) Cap cost reductions paid upfront reduce the monthly payment by a similar amount, lowering the tax collected on the payment... Almost all states collect sales tax on upfront payments (including the acquisition fee).

Chances are, you won't be able to get the dealer to waive the dealer fee and/or the bump in the acquisition fee. I don't know the money factor on the X5 diesel, but if they are bumping the acq.fee, they usually are bumping the MF, as well... Your negotiation point is probably to get them to lower the price of the vehicle, rather than eliminate or reduce the fees. ("When we agreed on a price, I didn't know you were going to stick me with $750 extra in fees... I want more off!")

Good luck!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.