Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdx , still can not figure out how BMW came up with the capped tax amount on my deal sheet. Remember I live in NY (8.625%).
    MSRP $52,670
    Res Value $ 31,602
    36 month lease , mf .001
    on the dealer disclosure it shows a capped tax $ 1,957.69
    acq fee and all other small fees are being payed upfront and not going into the payments.
    I think the tax should be $ 1,788.82
    Any ideas
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,179
    1) I know for sure, that I'm positive.... that I don't know how to calculate tax in NY state... lol..

2) If the dealer says that tax is $1957.69, and they are adding that number to the cap cost, then they are probably correct.. we just don't know the calculation..

3) If the tax number is wrong, BMWFS in Dublin, OH will kick back the contract to them, and it will have to be fixed... and you will get to sign a new contract with the correct sales tax numbers..

4) I'd feel really good that I had an explanation that made sense for the extra $5/mo... ;)

You could ask them to show you how they calculate the tax.. unless they just enter it into a computer program...

Worst case... you are out an extra $180 that you shouldn't be... but, I'd bet on their tax numbers, rather than ours...

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi smith18. The lease money factor that you were quoted for this truck is right in line with BMW Financial Services' base factor for it. This is a good sign because it means that your dealer is being straightforward with you about that aspect of your deal. The dealer is making a decent profit on the sale of this truck though. You are getting around a $1,200 discount on a truck that has over a $3,500 spread between its full MSRP and invoice price. If you are in an area where there is a lot of competition for your business, you may be able to beat this price. Stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar trucks recently: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Hey flgirl1. I arrived at the lease payment that I quoted you by assuming a $1,000 discount from the 2006 X5 3.0's full MSRP, which you should be able to beat without too much trouble, and BMW Financial Services' 36 month, 10,000 miles per year buy rate money factor and residual value of .00100 and 60%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Flgirl1, since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

One of the most important things to remember when negotiating a lease is that the selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing the car or truck that you want. Negotiate as attractive a selling price as possible on the X5 that you are interested in leasing and then have the dealer that you are working with calculate its lease payment using BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor. If you let me know what this truck's selling price is, I would be happy to calculate a lease payment on it for you using BMW's actual lease program.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi rezultz. A 2 year lease of this model is definitely going to be more expensive than a 3 year lease. New vehicles experience their most rapid depreciation during the first 12 months of ownership. By leasing for 36 months instead of 24 months, you have an additional 12 payments to spread out this initial depreciation hit out over. According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2006 BMW X5 4.4 with an MSRP of $60,000 and a selling price of $56,500 through BMW Financial Services right now for 24 months with 12,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $874. An otherwise identical 36 month lease would have a payment of around $678.

Car_man
    Host
  • jubjub Posts: 12
    sorry - not to answer your questions, but they were running the lease promos a few months back to get rid of the last x5's with the totally redesigned ones coming out next year. granted it's not bad for no money down, but have you seen the 530xi wagon? IMO a better and more current car to get if youre looking for an all wheel drive roomy/family car.... but if you want an suv, (maybe i'm in the wrong forum then...)
  • Hi,

The 2006 X5 4.4 has a .0010 money factor with a residual of 59% (for 36/12K). Do you know will it change in November?

Thanks
  • Dealer giving me a 2006 x5 4.4 with everything but DVD entertainment msrp 63280 with 1800 down 36 month lease 740 a month and also taking my 2003 540 w/ sport package with 6 payments left with no penalty. Wondering if anyone could comment?
  • drtraveldrtravel Posts: 395
    Money factor is 0.00100 for 3-year lease with security deposit for the 3.0i and 4.4i.
    Money factor is 0.00285 for 3-year lease with security deposit for the 4.8i.

Residuals for all models
    10K = 60%
    12K = 59%
    15K = 57%

Happy renting
  • Hi chester01. You never mentioned the selling price of the truck that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the X5 that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion on this deal if you let me know what this truck's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
  • Sorry about that Car_man
    It would be 59,290
    Thanks a million!
  • just got this deal

$49k+ for the truck
    $47 cap cost
    36 months 15k
    no money down other than usual
    599 tax included

any thoughts?
  • Please let me know where sounds like a great deal i got a much higher price....
  • :confuse: Who is the leasing company. You can not get that good a lease through BMWFS unless your tax rate is around 1%, or you had positive equity from a trade.

Even if the X5 was $49999 to start with, the lowest non-tax payment you can get to with BMW is just under $590/mo. That leaves only $9/mo for taxes. :confuse:

I was using 57% res., .001 MF, cap cost of 47000, MSRP $49999(if it's lower the payment goes up), and no additional fees.

Please, share your secret.
  • Hello, does anyone know the dealer cash (incentive) on 2005 4.8is? Also the residual and money factor? 36/15k

Would love to lease one, but want to figure out the payment.

Thanks!
  • Here are the current lease numbers. Add 2% to the residual for 12k and 3% for 10k.
    X5 4.8i Wagon

24 mo/15k mi – 61% Residual Value – Money Factor .00285 Base Rate
    36 mo/15k mi – 52% Residual Value – Money Factor .00285 Base Rate
    48 mo/15k mi – 43% Residual Value – Money Factor .00285 Base Rate
    60 mo/15k mi – 36% Residual Value – Money Factor .00285 Base Rate

Dealer cash was 6500 for a 4.4 and 5000 for a 3.0, but I don't see any of that listed anymore. Don't remember seeing anything for the 4.8
  • suv800,

Which dealer & salesperson did you buy from- I'm in nyc and i'm looking for the same car.

Thanks!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,179
    Dealership names are fine... individual salesperson information is not.. Please see Rule #6, in Rules of the Road, on the left side of the page..

Thanks!,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• MSRP 50520, Selling price 48270, Acq Fee 625, title fee 9.50, Gross cap cost 48904.50

MF .001, 15k res 57%, first mon. + 700 sec dep + 201 sales tax for out the door of 1579. Pmt is 636 + tax.

Didn't seem to be any more around here in the price. They were 1700 over "their" cost, which was invoice + regional advertizing/training fees (300) from BMW. Since I hadn't gotten to even 2000 below msrp at any other dealer in colorado, I figured 2250 off was good enough.

Thanks for hosting this board, I doubt I would have gotten this deal without all the info here. :) Hope this helps someone else.
  • Does anyone know if there are some newly available dealer incentives on the 2006 X5 4.4i? Suddenly I am getting much better offers on discounts from the dealers I have been working with.

Thanks in advance.
  • Now I am also hearing the residuals have changed on the 3.0 X5. Does anyone know the latest incentives on both the 3.0 and the 4.4i?

Thanks much
  • No problem, chester01. Thanks for the additional information. OK, so you were offered a 2006 BMW X5 4.4 with an MSRP of $63,280 for $59,290. this looks like a very reasonable price to me. I suspect that it is less than $1,000 over dealer invoice. Using the prices that you mentioned, I worked up a lease payment on this truck for you using BMW Financial Services' actual lease program and came up with a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of exactly the $740 per month that you were quoted. With a $1,800 capitalized cost reduction, which I advise against, this truck's monthly payment would drop to around $689. The fact that this dealer is getting you out of your current 5-Series lease probably having an impact upon your deal, but it is not making all of these payments for you. BMW is running a special early lease termination program right now that will waive up to three remaining payments for current lessees. That means that only two of your five remaining lease payments are coming out of your dealer's pocket.

Car_man
    Host
  • Congratulations on your new truck, tpjcourtney. Thanks for taking the time to stop back and provide such detailed information on your deal. Enjoy!

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi stevem87. I do not believe that BMW is currently providing any sort of dealer cash on this truck right now. Perhaps the market for it has just softened up a bit. The auto industry in general has been pretty slow for the past couple of months.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi stevem87. BMW is not currently providing any sort of cash incentives that I am aware of on the 2006 X5. I can give you an idea of what its current lease program is like though. You never mentioned how long you want to lease these trucks for or how many miles per year you need to be able to drive them, so for now I will assume that you are interested in a 36 month, 15,000 mile per year lease. If you were to lease a 2006 BMW X5 3.0 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00100 and 57%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2006 X5 4.4i should be exactly the same.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car_man, it's nice to know I got a decent deal. The dealer even gave us the 6-changer CD for free and the payment with tax included is $735 a month. We picked up the car on Friday and it's beautiful. A little worried about the bogging down when you step on the gas from a dead stop. Maybe I was just use to my 540i with sports package, although the x5 4.4 has 25 more horsepower than the 540i had. It does shift harder in Sport rather than on manual which it should I'm sure. Have heard no rattles, squeaks. Although do hear wind noise through front of truck. The heated steering wheel is heaven, our son loves the rear heated seats. I'm knocking on wood that things will remain good. Thanks!
  • I’m looking for a good lease on a X5 3.0 with Auto/Prem/Nav/Cold package. I’m not sure what should I be paying. I got a quote for $710 including tax in NJ. The price of the truck is 49700 with a 2.4% and 59% residual value. Any one knows if this is something I should pursue.
  • Just got the quote from the dealer. X5 3.0 MSRP 45820, got negotiated down to $42,500, I got quote for $1700 down and $513/mo in CT, 2.4% w/ residual of 59% and 12k per year.
  • niltnilt Posts: 1
    Hi All,

WOULD Highly appreciate if anyone answer asap

I am first time leasing a car....researched a lot...bit confused ...can anyone tell me ..leasing offer on BMWUsa.com is good or not?? ( which is like Lease financing available on 2006 BMW X5 3.0i vehicles, registered outside of NY, only at participating BMW centers on leases assigned to BMW Financial Services NA, LLC/Financial Services Vehicle Trust through January 3, 2006. Monthly lease payments of $489.00 for 24 months based on MSRP of $44,470.00 (includes automatic transmission). (Total lease payments including acquisition fee is $11,736.00). 10,000 miles per year. Purchase option at lease end for $32,018.00.....

If this is not good Option....what is the good deal.... I have a EX Credit History..

what should be residual vetcalue after 2 yr.... Money factor ?? ..down payment>>
This discussion has been closed.