Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• gcookgcook Posts: 33
    Carman, can you help with my question by giving me some guidance on message 1558?

Thanks,
    glen
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi gcook. You can build the exact truck that you want and find out its dealer invoice price right here at Edmunds.com, over in the New Vehicle Pricing section.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi raksgal. The money factor that you were quoted is about right...I believe that BMW FS' April buy rate for this car is .00200 for non-returning and .00170 for returning customers. The residual value that you were quoted is right on the money.

Using these numbers, an MSRP of $61,825, and a selling price of $53,800, I estimate that this truck would have a zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $726.

Car_man
    Host
    You're welcome mannydom. The buy rate lease money factor for a vehicle is the lowest possible money factor that dealers are allowed to charge for it. The money factor on a lease is like the interest rate on a loan, the lower the better. Dealers are often allowed to mark up vehicles' money factors to add additional hidden profit to deals. BMW dealers are notorious for doing this. That's why it's important to know what your vehicle's buy rate is.

BMW's current lease program is scheduled to run through May 2nd. It's difficult to say what its program will be like after that.

If you are a current BMW owner or lessee, you are eligible for a .00030 discount on the money factor that is used to calculate your vehicle's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • innajlinnajl Posts: 3
    Carman,
    can you please help me with the quote.This is my 2nd BMW X5 lease, I love it.
    So my MSRP is 55,435 per truecar

I was told by a dealer that my rate for a loyal customer is 0.00135.
    One thing I am not sure about is security deposit vs down payment.
    My friend bought x5 and put 5K for a security deposit . He will get his money back at the end of the lease. This lowered his monthly payment.
    Last time I leased I gave a down payment of $5k which also brought down my payment.
    What is the better way to go : down payment or security deposit ?

Also what would you think my price could be ? and my monthly payment ?

Thank you for your help
    Are you generally paying invoice, below invoice or above invoice? what shoudl I expect to pay. I see the car is 64k and invoice is 59K but never bought a bmw so don't know how to price it?
  • Hi. This is my first BMW purchase. I am looking at a 2011 X5 5.0 with cold weather, tech, premium, navigation, roof rack, running boards, ipod usb, sat radio.
    36 month 15000 miles per year.

Dealer quote is
    MSRP 69025
    Sale price 65500
    Trade in 17500
    sales tax 3000
    non taxable fees: 294
    tag fee 150

0 down monthly comes to 485.62

What do you think? I asked what the MF was and I think they said 0.002
  • They are treating your trade as cap cost reduction. Money down is NEVER recommended on a lease. (do a search on this - lots of info on the insurance implications - basically if vehicle is stolen or totaled, you may lose some/all of your down payment.

I'd max out your MSD's (again, search) to get the money factor lower - dealer may play dumb on this, but I'm pretty sure you can do up to 7 MSD's in all states except NY - then have them cut you a check for the difference from your trade. Your payment will be higher, but you can offset that with your cash in the bank. You'll get a lower overall interest rate, plus have a nice chunk of change when your MSD's are refunded at the end of your lease.
  • nealitnealit Posts: 11
    edited April 2011
    I just leased my 2011 x5 35d from chapman bmw yesterday. used truecar.com as a negotiation tool and leaseguide leasing kit as a number proof assistant. My due at signning is 5k, actual capita reduction to cost is (5000-925-399-60-777)=2800 around this including tax. so it is less than 2800 as capita reduction.

Dealer quote is
    MSRP 66475
    Sale price 58150
    due at signning 5000
    acutual downpayment to capita reduction, 2800 around which including tax
    sales tax NV TAX 8.1%
    disposal fee 350
    residual 55% for 36 mos 12k
    money factor at 0.002, interest rate @4.8%
    acquistion fee: 925*
    doc fee 399*
    Tax is 8.1%
    first month payment is 777*
    AZ 3 month tem license fee: 60*
    tax on 2800

all numbers above are rounded. maybe few dollars different.
    total payment for 3 years are 32k.
    the car comes with sport activity, premium, tech, rear climate, cold weather, Y-spoke, multi-contour seat, 1 yr satellite, smartphone, ipod, running board, roofrack, etc totla msrp is 66475.
  • My partner and I recently put in a lease order for a BMW, 2012 X5 35I Premium, with Technology and Convenience Package, Multi Contour Seats, Running Boards and Satelite Radio at Manhattan BMW. - The MSRP is 62K

The Terms are:
    - 36 months with 10,000 Miles a year with $4690 initial down payment (including upfront taxes)

Monthly Payment = 924.23

Were we taken for a ride - Was it a highway robbery???
  • nlezzonlezzo Posts: 7
    that doesnt sound to kosher I built a simmilar model online for msrp 60k and the estimated payment with 4000 down was 710 That was excluding taxes ect but you figure you should be able to negotiatie some money off of the internet estimate so i figure even with Taxes and titles 700-750 max is where it should be i think?
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 214
    The X5 seems to be a very hot vehicle, very minimal showroom inventory. One is not going to get any good deals as far as I can tell. I see to much money being put down for leasing. Remember one is not buying this SUV. I would use the money to decrease the money factor, as this upfront money is returned at the end of the lease.
    what do you mean use the money to decrease the money factor? I see the same thing. Nobody has a deal cuz they say 2011 is out and 2012 is new...
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 214
    I believe BMW will allow multiple security deposits to buy down the money factor on a lease. 2011 X5 35 diesels are around, but still very few. One must order 2012 X5 bases, premiums, or sports. I believe due to limited availability and also it being a popular vehicle, one is going to pay a high price for the X5.
  • beopersonbeoperson Posts: 60
    Numbers should be available today, does anyone know what are they for X5 35i and 35d?
    Is ecco rebate still available?
  • treydyertreydyer Posts: 3
    What dealer were you at in Dallas? That price is way below what I've been offered and wanted to visit them to see what they are offering.
    2011 x35d
    Sport Activity Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Technology Package
    Comfort Access
    Running Boards
    20" Wheel
    Roof Raiks
    Satellite Radio
    iPod

Destination Charge 875

MSRP 65,975
    Sell Price 61,975 (I'm working on getting this lower as all it is is eco+ $500)

10,000 Miles per year

$3000 down is $1027 per month.

They would not tell me the money factor or the residual. Do the dealers have the ability to increase these above or below BMW financial????

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Does anyone know if the buy rate and risiduals moved from April to May or if there is an increased incentive for the 35d? I know they came out yesterday or today and likely it is not known yet, but I have a short fuse to buy a car (some vandal went ballistic on mine and the insurance company has given me 7 days). Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi innajl. You're much better off going with additional security deposits over a capitalized cost reduction. Both provide lower monthly payments, but you actually get the security deposit back at lease-end and the cap cost reduction is just gone.

I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment on this truck for you, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its approximate selling price, or at least its dealer invoice price first. Let me know and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Hi beoperson. BMW's new May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2011 X5 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00175 and 51%, respectively for non-returning customers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 X5 35d are .00200 and 53%.

The money factors for returning aka loyal customers are .00030 lower.

The $3,500 Eco rebate is indeed still available on the diesel model.

Car_man
    Host
    Hello treydyer. BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 35d with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 53%, respectively for non-returning customers.

This money factor is .00030 lower for loyal customers.

The cash incentive on the diesel model is still $3,500.

Car_man
    Host
  • mannydommannydom Posts: 32
    Hi Car_man

You have always been helpful.

What info do you have on BMWFS May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 X5 35i with 15,000 miles per year? This would be my 3rd lease from BMWFS.

For a 2012 35i with MSRP of $48,793.00 I have a quoted purchase price of $46,795.00 plus tax, title, lic and doc fee. Another dealership quoted an MSRP of $48,325 and purchase price of $46,392. What do you think?

Thanks, in advance.
  • mannydommannydom Posts: 32
    edited May 2011
    Hi Car_man

Please tell me what you think of the numbers below:

0 down, Cook County Taxes included
    36 months 15000miles/year
    Sell Price $ 46,392
    Monthly payment $854.92
    Residual 54% ($26095.50)
    Money factor .00210
    Cap Cost $51041

Due at signing
    $854.92 1st Payment
    $291.08 (Doc Fee, Cook Cty Fee, Title and License Transfer Fee)

$1146.00 Due at signing

Are the numbers fair?
    this is my 3rd lease from BMWFS from the same dealership.

thanks again
  • beopersonbeoperson Posts: 60
    edited May 2011
    MSRP 58,975
    Negotiated Price 50,593 (includes 3,500 ecco rebate)
    Residual Pct 56
    Lease Term 36 (10K)
    Money Factor 0.002
    Sales Tax 8.875
    Monthly payment includes NY tax - $723 per moth

My calcualtion of the lease payment is 719 however I dont know why but dealer calculated at $732 per moth. At this point I'm not going to debate about $3 per moth. I just dont get why dealer's math is different.

By the way 42 month program produces $20 lower payment. 10K a year Residual is 52%.
    Thanks mannydom.

According to the latest information that I have seen, BMW Financial Services' May buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a base 2012 X5 35i with 15,000 miles per year are .00200 and 54%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

As a returning BMW FS customer you should qualify for a .00030 money factor reduction.

The selling prices that you were quoted are probably around $1,700 or so over dealer invoice. I'm not sure what the market is like for this truck in your area right now but there's enough room to play with there that it wouldn't hurt to comparison shop a little with another dealer or two to see if you can beat this offer.

Car_man
    Host
  • ckgizmockgizmo Posts: 2
    Hi All,

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

Does anyone know the MF and residual for a 42-month lease on the X5 35d?

Also, just to confirm, I get 0.00030 off MF as a returning customer and max of 0.00049 for MSD, correct?
  • marc68marc68 Posts: 27
    What is the buy rate on a 2012 x5 sav for a 10k 36 month lease. I don't have loyalty? Also do you think it's possible to get a 4k discount off msrp on a 63k x5 sav? Thanks for your help.
  • greg157greg157 Posts: 4
    Hoping someone can help me.

I'm looking at leasing the following:

X5 xDrive 35i
    3.0 liter, 6 cylinder
    Base MSRP: $54,800
    Color: Space Grey Metallic
    Trim: Dark Burl Walnut trim
    Interior: Black Nevada Leather
    Convenience package: $3,500
    3rd row seat: $1,700
    Destination and handling: $875
    No money down
    3 year lease, 12,000 miles per year

I've received a few quotes, but I'm looking for some market intel on what a ballpark monthly payment should be. Also, since I'm a novice at this, what factors should I be considering when vetting the quotes?

I also had a dealer tell me that the lease payment on a premium package would be $20 less a month (compared to a base model with added options) due to a higher interest rate and lower residual value on the base model. Seems logical to me, but can any of you confirm this.

Any help I can get from any forum experts is appreciated. Thanks.

Greg
  • bmwmibmwmi Posts: 1
    I am looking for the money factor and residual value for the following:

2011 X5 3.5d

12,000 miles and 15,000 miles respectively

Are the May and June rates different?

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.