Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• 2009 3.0 tech, premium, cold, rear climate, ipod

MSRP 56250
    selling to me 47500

lease 15K milles and 36 months

Cap cost reduction 1750 (from BMW)

tx 7.375 %

Car has 9,000 miles and was bought at auction. Car is CPO 6 yr 100,000 miles

Monthy payment including tax is $678 per month with 2900 out of pocket (ist month, 700 security, 925 bank feek, 499 conveyance/dealer fee, 170 docs)

IS this correct? IS it good?

Thanks.
  • does anyone know bmw lease rates money factor and residual for2010 35d 3yr/12000mi
    thanks
    barnes88
  • I was seriously considering leasing a 2010 X5 diesel, but now that BMW has signed a contract with Bridgestone to have their run flat Dueler tires (which apparently do not work very well in the wet or any other slippery condition) put on all X vehicles, I think I may have to think of going with a non BMW vehicle. One would think that after all of trouble that owners have had with previous Bridgestone run flats, that the suits at BMW would have gone in another direction. Really stupid to put a tire that is poorly rated for slippery conditions on an all wheel drive vehicle that many people purchase to be able to navigate in less than ideal road conditions.
  • Hi all,

I am currently in the market to purchase a new 2009BMW X5 and have a question to the current incentives posted on Edmunds for the X53.0 model. It says for the $539 monthly payment among other things, a dealer contribution of $1625 is required.

In an unrelated article in the autonews, I read that BMW offers I think it was $2000 in dealer incentives.

Is the dealer contribution a seperate item or is the dealer contribution part of the regular negotiation to reduce the MSRP? Or in other words, the dealer currently offers me a price $750 offer invoice, which seems decent offer, but can I go back and ask for an official dealer contribution or dealer incentive? Don't want to be too greedy, but don't want to left anything on the plate either...

Maybe somebody can help and point me in the right direction

Thanks and thanks to all forum participants in general. Obtained very good and valuable info's by reading through the discussions.

Cheers
  • Working on lease of a X5-35d . Do both $1750 and $4500 (eco) discounts apply?
    Thanks in advance.
  • Was interested in 2010 X5d3.5
    Dealer says $4500 discount applies but wants 0.0028 money factor and 0.55 residual (15k)

Alternately 2010 X53.0 no $1750 discount (only applies to 2009 model year) but will drop money factor to 0.0019 and increase residual to 0.57 (15k)

On the X5d3.5 without negotiating MSRP 65075 dealer applied $4500 discount then another $2500 off MSRP to $58075. Lease was $973 including taxes (primarily due to higher money factor).

Does this sound correct?
  • MSRP 59,375
    3 yr lease 12,000 miles/yr
    dealer quoted for 1.8 money factor
    I turned in my current lease of 335i which will be up in Dec 2009 with secuity deposit of $650. They charged me $400 for 2 tires and applied $250 to the new lease.
    They claimed appling $1,750 to my down payment. My out of pocket was $3,400.
    My monthly payment is $689 plus tax.

Is it a good deal? Am I getting 1.8 money factor as they claim because I cannot see it in the contract?
  • Hi barnes88. Here's the information that you're looking for. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X5 35d with 12,000 miles per year are .00280 and 57%, respectively.

When negotiating your lease on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the $4,500 cash incentive that is currently available on it.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hello chrisch70. BMW is currently providing a $1,750 cash incentive on leases of the 2009 X5 3.0. This cash incentive is paid for by BMW. You should be able to negotiate an additional dealer discount with the dealer on top of this cash.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi cdahl. I believe that the X5 diesel is only eligible for the $4,500, not the $1,750.

Car_man
    Host
  • I'm considering leasing a new 2010 X5 4.8 (pretty loaded). The sticker price is $76,475. I would lease for 36 mos, 10K miles per year. The dealer quoted me $1,151 + tax as a lease payment. This sounds high to me.

What should I realistically expect. I'm in Atlanta.

Thanks fo the help.
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,194
    Ran the numbers for you and IF you had a cap cost of 73000 then your payments would be 1089 for 15k miles 36 months. Plus another 142 @ month taxes. Since I didn't know all the other fees -- the number is not far off. Good luck getting a discount. Residual 58% money factor .00250 [6%]
  • "If I was in the market for this truck, I personally would want a larger dealer discount than that..."

If you were in the market for a truck, you wouldn't be looking at an X5. It's not a truck.
  • stanx5stanx5 Posts: 3
    Does anyone know the money factor and residual for 2010 x5 diesel? I just ordered my car and would like to know what my payment will be for a 36 months lease. Thanks.
  • It's all a matter of semantics, dcbmwowner. BMW itself calls the X3, X5, and X6 "BMW light trucks" in its monthly sales press release. If BMW calls them trucks, then that's what I'm going to call them.

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseContent.aspx?ACCT=ind_focus.story&STORY- =/www/story/10-01-2009/0005105009&EDATE=

Car_man
    Host
  • Welcome stanx5. Unfortunately, BMW is not currently providing any lease support on the X5 diesel. As a result, if you were to lease one through BMW Financial Services right now, you would have to use its standard lease money factor...which is probably around .00280.

As far as the residual value goes, BMW FS' current 36 month, 15,000 mile per year residual value for the 2010 X5 35d is 55%. If you were to lease this truck with only 12,000 miles per year, its residual value would be 2% higher. This truck's 10,000 mile per year residual value would be 3% higher.

Let me know if you need any help working up a payment. I'd be happy to do it for you if you provide us with the full MSRP and dealer invoice price of the exact unit that you ordered.

Make sure to stop back and let us know hoe you like it when your X5 arrives.

Car_man
    Host
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,194
    If it hauls like a truck-- uses gas like a truck -- and costs 65k -- it's a bmw truck. ;)
  • HA jayrider. Good one ;) ,

Car_man
    Host
  • 03qx03qx Posts: 19
    Looking for the Money factor and residual on a 2009 Model and if there is any lease cash besides the eco rebate
    Thanks
  • Hi 03qx. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2009 X5 3.5 Diesel with 15,000 miles per year are .00250 and 55%, respectively.

You never mentioned how long you want to lease for or what mileage allowance you need, so I had to make some assumptions. Let me know if you want something different.

The only cash incentive on leases of this truck is the $4,500 that you already seem to be aware of.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.