Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• lee127lee127 Posts: 3
    Hi, wtik,thanks for your post.
    I thought $3000 below MSRP was good enough.
    Could you let me know some deals with better offer?
    Thanks in advance,
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome lee127.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi Car_Man or anyone else that can answer,

Can you tell me what the August lease MF and residuals are for a 2012 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity lease?

Also, is BMW waiving the security deposit with any credit score or do they have a score threshold for the waiver? If there is a threshold for the waiver, what is it and how much more is the money factor if you do not pay the security deposit?

I have negotiated an order for a:

2012 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity
    Conv Package
    Running Boards
    BMW Apps
    MSRP $62,225
    Selling Price $58,380

Is this a good deal? They claim $400 MACO and $200 training.

Thank you!
  • wtikwtik Posts: 26
    Hi Lee127
    Here are the details:
    MSRP: $59,525
    Discounted Sell Price: $56,100 + Taxes & Fees
    Lease Term: 36 Months
    Lease Mileage: 10K / year
    Cash Due at Signing: $2,172.74
    Vehicle Monthly Base: $724.64
    Monthly Taxes: $45.29
    Total Monthly Payment: $769.93

X5 xDr35i
    Color A53 Platinum Bronze Metallic N/C
    Upholstery LUB4 Sand Beige Nevada Leather N/C
    Options ZCV Convenience Package 3,500.00
    4AB Dark Burl Walnut wood trim N/C
    655 Satellite radio with 1 year subscription 350.00
    6AA BMW TeleServices N/C
    6AB TeleService Control N/C
    Net Total 58,650.00
    Destination Charge 875.00
    Total Suggested Price 59,525.00
    Hi bimmerbanker. BMW Financial Services' August buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity with 15,000 miles per year are .00195 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The money factor for loyal customers is .00030 lower.

From the looks of its advertised payments, it looks like BMW may be waiving the its security deposit requirement right now.

The selling price that you were quoted for this truck looks reasonable to me. It's probably around $1,000 over invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you Car_Man!

Do you happen to know what the credit score tiers are for BMWFS? If so, do you also know that the adjustment to MF is for each tier? Does BMWFS take your highest bureau or just Experian?

Thank you!
  • kanchiskanchis Posts: 33
    It is definietly fun to pick it up at the NC factory. You get to really push the vehicle to its limits and trust me you'd be suprised on what this luxury SUV can do. To your second Q, the dealer doesnt really matter. If the dealership has allocation thats all that matters.
    Q3: The best you can probably go is 8% less than MSRP (which is around invoice) but it will be hard to find any dealer who will sell you a car for invoice I think. Not sure how aggresive dealers are on a new X5. I'd say offer $1000 over invoice is a good place to start. Make ur questions short and ask if they'd want to sell a car for you for $1000 over invoice, if they say yes, you stick with them, if they say No u move on. What options you choose doesnt matter for this question.
    As far as i know the deal gets approved when you physically get the car, not when u put the order in because some people do cancel the order after the car has been made. I'm not 100% sure about how the sales people get credit for a sale.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,103
    It is definietly fun to pick it up at the NC factory.

South Carolina..

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jackalofnyjackalofny Posts: 8
    edited August 2011
    X5 2012 3.0 premium with conv package+running board, bmw apps etc.
    color: bronze metallic, beige interior
    price $57000 taxes not included
    15000 miles/year :780.00/month
    $1200 over invoice is not bad. Are you paying any Maco or dealer fees seperately? If the answer is not then the 1200 includes their "profit" + dealer fees. In that case its a pretty good deal.
    The selling price is not aggresive enough for me. I'd say you can improve a bit more there.
    Not enough info to answer you question. Whats the MSRP?
    Hi bimmerbanker. I know that BMW Financial Services' top two credit tiers qualify for its best rates, but I'm not sure exactly what the cut off is in terms of credit score. I'll try and find out for you. I think that anything over 700 is in good shape in terms of qualifying for the best rates.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you Car Man!!
    You're very welcome bimmerbanker.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man, could you post the residual and money factor for the X5 35d and the X5 Premium for 12K/36 months.

Also, is the residual percentage negotiable? I've seen some posts on this forum for the diesel at 53%, while others at 59%...

Thanks a ton.
  • Dear Car_Man,

What's the residual and MF for 2012 X5 Sports Activity for
    1) 12k/36 months
    2) 10k/36 months

I got a quote (9/6/2011, today) for MF 0.00195 and residual 57% for 12k/36 months.

Thanks.
  • Picking up my 2012 X5 Premium this Friday, can someone tell me if this is a good deal -

MSRP 60,975.00
    Selling Price $57,715.00 (plus taxes)

WH/Oyster
    Convenience Package
    Premium Sound Package
    BMW Apps & Running Boards

10K / 3 Years

The dealer has mentioned a payment of $695 but not disclosed the MF or Residual yet. I should also qualify for the loyalty program.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.
  • Was just advised that BMW now giving credit for Navigation of $1,730. You want to make sure that you are getting that credit in your payment. If not, your payment should drop by another $48 a month ($1,730/36), plus any taxes you were paying on it.
  • Would like MF and Residual for an X5, 15K miles, 36 Months assuming highest credit score. Do we have any information on concessions to dealers? Thanks
  • How does that work if Navigation is part of the Convenience package?
  • ab10000ab10000 Posts: 127
    How much down? And other fees?
    Did you get credit for the navigation?
    A good deal is usually more than 4k bellow MSRP.
  • I'm putting $5,600 down.. this is my first lease.. I didn't know about the navi credit but will bring it up to the dealer. Does anyone know the MF or Residual for this vehicle?

Thanks.
  • Would never recommend putting that much down, unless you have to for credit purposes. If the car ever gets wrecked, you lose your downpayment.
  • Thanks for the advise, I may revise the amount down. I spoke to the dealership and the finance guy mentioned a loyalty MF rate of .00195 and a residual of 60% for Sept. Are these good numbers?

He didn't think the navi credit pertained to the X5 models, I plan to follow up with the Sales guy.
  • Hello,

Does anyone know if BMW FS negotiate end of lease payoff or they basically ask for the residual value?
  • Hi isingh. Banks' residual values are basically set in stone. BMW FS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 35d with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 53%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 X5 Premium are .00195 and 48%.

If you are a loyal customer, these trucks' money factors would be .00030 lower.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here's the information that you're looking for ex_sc400. BMW Financial Services' September buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2012 X5 Sports Activity with 12,000 miles per year are .00195 and 57%...just as you were quoted.

The residual value for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year would be 1% higher.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi gregga. BMW Financial Services' current 36-month buy rate lease money factor for the 2012 X5 is .00195.

This truck's residual values vary by trim level. Its 36-mo., 15k resids are 52% for the 35i Base, 56% for the Premium, and 55% for the Sports Activity.

The X5's money factors are .00030 lower for loyal customers.

BMW is currently providing a $1,730 cash incentive on '12 X5 models with navigation and $1,000 on models without it.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.