Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• a4sfa4sf Posts: 11
    Any chance you have the name of that dealer in Az?
  • I am considering leasing a 2009 X5 3.0i that was used as a loaner (it comes with full warranty). It has most of the extras with the exception of NAV. It has 16K miles on it. Original MSRP was 55K and selling price is 40K after 2.5K rebate. Looking at a 3 yr, 10K mile lease for about $650 (incl. tax, $1K down). Having trouble figuring out what the residual should be. Does this seem like a good deal?
  • that's not bad, but not great..the national add for 2010 x5 diesel gives you a $4,500 eco credit off an MSRP around 55K with premium pkg and heated seats (no nav) for $559 a month plus tax,,,, there is a larger down payment lik$4100 but it's brand new and will get double the gas mileage of an traditional gas x-5 and you'll be doing something good for the environment!!! I decided to buy one it;s on order at BMW totally loaded and for me it was a better deal to buy it as i wanted nav and more miles a month so ultimately I got $4500 eco credit and another $2700 off so amost $7,500 off the MSRP of a $59K vehicle.

if you have to borrow monwy the rates for lending for purchase are better than for lease at BMW i't like 4% vs 6%
  • Considering X5 30i lease (3ry 10k mi./yr). Anyone know if there is any reason to wait until after the holiday credit expires - any clues about promotions after Jan 4? Any recognizable promotions patterns from previous years from watching what happens after holiday season? I cannot help but wonder if sales are low (as common in car industry now) perhaps a better promotion may be offered in January.

Looked at the national advertisement lease offer (includes $2500 holiday credit) with MSRP 52,225. Anyone know if there is more negotiation room in this deal? What are chances of negotiating lower? Anyone succeed and by how much?

Dealers claim 6 to 8 weeks from order to delivery. Is this time estimate accurate and reliable? If not, how much time should I assume is more realistic?

T.I.A.
  • Hi,

Here is the offer I am getting for a 2010 BMW X5 xDrive30i
    with
    Premium Package
    Rear Climate Package
    Technology Package
    Running Boards
    Roof rails
    iPod and USB Adapter

MSRP is $56,225.00
    Dealer is willing to sell for $53,280.00

Looking to lease for 3yrs/12k miles per year.
    He has quoted me Down payment 6000 + 2500 bmw credit = 8500 total
    Monthly Payment $611.32 without tax = $670.92 with tax (LA area)

Is this a good deal? I am not to good at all with negotiating so any help would be great...

Thanks!
  • Hello, looking if is bmw x5 2009 loaner car with 7000m, for lease $600 a moth plus $1500(bank fee, 1st payment, and dmw fee). Is this a good deal? Thanks
  • hello, I have offer for 2009 x5 loaner car with 7000ml.
    msrp is 54,075.
    cold weather package
    premium package
    rear climate package
    iPod and USB
    lease is 36m/10k.
    payment $600/m and $1500(1st payment, bank fee, DMW fee)
    Is this a good deal? Thanks
  • I am new to the leasing world, as I have always financed my cars, but I am looking to give leasing a try to replace my X3 for an X5 diesel. I have read every article I have found and have learned to do my own calculations, which so far seems to have worked as I have been able to get a detailed itemized offer (after a couple back and forths with the sales guy, showing him I could do my own math...) from the dealer in Ft Lauderdale FL. I have the following offer on the table:

MSRP: 62,825

Eco Credit from BMW $4,500
    Dealer Discount $2,500

Until here it looks reasonable ($55,825) if I compare with Edmunds TMV ($56,518). However to get to cap cost, the dealer also adds the following:

Acq fee: $925 (which from what I read BMW FS charges $725 for the X5, meaning the dealer is marking it up by $200)
    Dealer fee: $549 (this one I have no idea if its legit or just another way for the dealer to get profit back would like feedback from the experts out there).

With a $2,500 down payment my cap cost ends at $54,699 which with a 36 term (12,000 miles) and a money factor of 0,0025 works out to a $754+tax monthly payment. So after all this, is this a reasonable offer and specifically your thoughts on the acq fee mark up and the infamous "dealer fee"?

Also, upfront out of pocket has been itemized by the dealer as follows:

$2,500 down payment
    $ 800 Security Deposit
    $ 200 Tag Transfer
    $ 799.22 first payment
    $ 150 taxes on cap cost (this one I still don't get and maybe you can help me understand it, as I see it taxes on cap cost are being paid by taxing the monthly payment)

Would appreciate your feedback on this, as I said I am a rookie at this lease thing.

Thanks and happy holidays.
  • Hello all:

I was just quoted a money factor of .0024 and a residual value of 60% for a 2010 x5 4.8 with 3 yr/12k miles per year.

Is this reasonable?

the other thing I don't quite get from this thread is are dealers selling X5s for a certain markup over invoice minus the rebate? In other words, is anyone getting deals (including the holiday credit) that gets them the car AT true invoice or very close?

TIA
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,666
    You seem to have a pretty good handle on it..

1) The acquisition fee is marked up the maximum $200 that BMWFS allows.

2) The dealer fee of $549 is pure extra revenue for the dealer..

3) Cap cost reductions paid upfront reduce the monthly payment by a similar amount, lowering the tax collected on the payment... Almost all states collect sales tax on upfront payments (including the acquisition fee).

Chances are, you won't be able to get the dealer to waive the dealer fee and/or the bump in the acquisition fee. I don't know the money factor on the X5 diesel, but if they are bumping the acq.fee, they usually are bumping the MF, as well... Your negotiation point is probably to get them to lower the price of the vehicle, rather than eliminate or reduce the fees. ("When we agreed on a price, I didn't know you were going to stick me with $750 extra in fees... I want more off!")

Good luck!
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Thanks for the clarification, this was offered to me without any price negotiation so I think I still have a couple of ropunds of true negotiation to get the price down. Will let you know how it goes.

Thanks again.
  • Just got a quote for a 2010 X5 4.8...

- Premium Package
    - Premium Sound
    - Sport Activity Package
    - Roof rails
    - Rear Seat Entertainment
    - Heated Front Seats

MSRP of $65,725 (which includes $825 destination fee)

The quote I got is $59,320 (which includes the $2,500 holiday rebate, plus MACO i/a/o $200, Dest Charge i/a/o $825 and Training/Svc fee of $180).

I calc'd my lease pmt to be $789+tax and title.

Ok deal?
  • I ordered an X5 4.8 with the following lease conditions:

MSRP: $78,475
    Cap cost: $71,365 (neg. price)
    MF: 0.00200
    Residual: 57%
    36 month, 15k/year
    lease inception fee: 725
    deposit: 1000

$1040/ month ( tax in), no down payment. Drive off of: $3000

What do you guys think? Decent deal?
  • Does anyone know the current lease rates for a 2010 X5 35d for 3 years and either 10,000 or 12,000 miles or preferably where I can find them. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
  • Try this:

http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2009/12/2010-bmw-x3-x5-x6-lease-rates-decembe- r-2009/

Money Factor 0.0025
    Residual for 36 mo. 15k/yr is 55%

I would love to have the residual for 36 mo. 10k/yr if anyone knows what it is for 2010 35d.

Thanks.
  • Ok, got the quote cleared up.

2010 X5 4.8
    Premium Package
    Premium Sound
    Sport Activity Package
    Rear Entertainment
    Heated Front seats
    Roof Rails

MSRP: $65,725

Dealer quoted me the following:

MF: .0024
    RV: 60%
    Selling Price: $61,820 minus $2,500 holiday rebate to total $59,320
    Acquisition fee: $925
    No downpayment

The dealer basically quoted me invoice + $1400 before rebate and acquisition fee.

Lease Pmt + Tax/tags = $937 (in MD, sales tax is added to the value of the car's selling price, and not the lease pmt).

Walk off with first pmt + $950 deposit.

Is this a good deal?
  • Hello gumercindo. BMW just introduced its new January lease program a couple of days ago. BMW FS' new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X5 4.8 with 12,000 miles per year are .00150 and 60%, respectively.

The $2,500 Holiday Credit that BMW was providing on this truck in December is no longer available.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi nugfan. BMW just introduced its new January lease program a couple of days ago. BMW FS' new buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 X5 35d with 12,000 miles per year are .00250 and 56%, respectively.

The residual for a lease with only 10,000 miles per year is 1% higher.

As you may already be aware, BMW is providing a $4,500 cash incentive on purchases and leases of diesel X5s.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • smitf7smitf7 Posts: 13
    HI, my current lease on a '07 ML 350 is up on Feb 25. I am looking to replace with a BMW xdrive48i because it seems the incentives to lease are pretty good. I have on dealer offering me a selling price of invoice ($64,045 ) + maco (480) + 1000. I would lease for 30 mos with 10kmi/yr with an MF of 0.00150 and residual of 64% (I calculated payment including taxe to be $929): . Now knowing that the xdrive50i, would have a build date of 03/10...I dont know if:
    a) I should just do this deal
    b) wait for xdrive 50i
    c) I should do this deal but wait for Feb incentives to order my xdrive48i.

Any advice or opinion is welcome. Do all dealers charge same MACO?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,666
    MACO varies regionally... So, most dealers in the same area will pay the same.

You should be able to lock in your deal now, and it should be good until the end of March. Additionally, your dealer can change to the February or March plan, if that would benefit you, at that time (keep in mind, the incentives, money factor and residual are all one program.. you can't pick and choose each term, each month..)

So, if you have a great deal now, I certainly wouldn't wait for February... If the good deals are gone, you'll miss out.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

This discussion has been closed.