Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• Car_Man,

We are interested primarily in a diesel but if you could provide us with the June money factor and residual on the X5 models for a 24 month 15 K mile lease it would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • kshibleykshibley Posts: 1
    Need some input on if this is a good deal. Have been offered a 36 month lease on 2011 x5, only options being running board, sat radio. MSRP at $53275, dealer offer of $50,775. THere is a 7% sales tax. I am being offered 60% residual for 12kmiles at $777 per month, with $1400 up front. (first month payment, doc fees, title) They quoted me as $600 over invoice. Based on some other leases I've seen here, it seems what they shave off the MSRP should be more???
  • yjpyjp Posts: 3
    I live in Northern VA, and would like to lease new 2011 x5 diesel. What would be the reasonable selling price for the truck? I liked one w/ MSRP of around $66,000. Is it possible to get around $57,000 including $4,500 eco credit from the mgfr. I think it's around the invoice price. Please give me some thoughts.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi nlproductions. BMW Financial Services' June buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2011 X5 35d with 15,000 miles per year are .00230 and 64%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2011 X5 35i are .00230 and 62%. The residual value increases to 66% for the Premium and 67% for the Sports Activity.

The numbers for the '11 X5 50i are .00230 and 67%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • sunnyvalisunnyvali Posts: 32
    I have talked to couple of dealers in the Dallas area to inquire about the current lease offer from BMW on the 35d model. They have come back to tell me that it is not possible to get the SUV at that monthly price (excluding tax, title, etc.) even if I get (order) the car priced/equipped exactly as the way it is advertised. Plus, I am told the $4,500 eco credit is already computed into the $539/month/$5914 cash due, current offer.

Do folks here get leases at the advertised price or these are just eye candy?

Thanks!
  • jayriderjayrider Posts: 3,196
    Call BMW customer service and explain the problem.
  • kabbalahkabbalah Posts: 36
    edited June 2010
    I'm a little confused. Can you please give me the residuals and mf's for both the x5 6cyl & 8cyl Sports activity, both for 24 & 36 month, and with 12k and 15k. My 07 x5 is off lease in 45 days and I need to start shopping. I am in Atlanta GA.

Thanks
  • Picking this baby up this Friday:
    MSRP 59450
    Payment: 740 /month for 2011 X5 3.5 Premium for 36/12k with Rear Ent, Nav, Assist (required with Nav), 3d row, convenience.

This is with tax, just 740 TOTAL upfront, uses 1500 BMW X3 incentive(I returned my X3 lease) and 1000 Ultimate driving event incentive.
    Bank fee, registration and 349.00 Doc fee are included in monthly payment.
  • I plan to buy an X5 and have three options:

1. Purchase a new 2010 X5M for $80,000 (99 miles sticker price of $97k)
    2. Purchase a new 2011 X5 5.0 with Sport and Premium packages; or
    3. Purchase a new 2011 X5 3.5 Turbo.

I drove the 5.0 and it seemed very nice. I will drive both the X5M and the 3.5 today.

From a value standpoint, which do you recommend?
    Forget about value -- get the truck that best meets how you drive. Good luck and choose wisely.
  • I've decided on the X5 5.0 with Premium pkg, Sport pkg, 3rd row seat rear climate, rear entertainment, running boards and keyless entry.

I am expecting an offer later today. What should I expect to pay for a lease (money factor) and what will the residual percentage be?

Thanks, Curtis
    Check posts 1238 and 1245.
  • suznsaxsuznsax Posts: 9
    Any word on July money rates and residuals? I'm about to do a deal on X5d and am wondering if it makes any difference to wait till those rates come out. I imagine I could get my salesman to commit to the better of the two (June vs. July). Just thought I'd ask.

Thanks
    Won't know until July --- no previews even for dealers. Can't pick between the two -- they are mutually exclusive. On July 1st the June rates are gone.
  • bazizbaziz Posts: 6
    Can you tell me what dealership you went to? I just came back from a dealer in Jersey and he quoted me for a 2011 x5 35 Premium with Comfort Access, Convenience, Tech Package, and Cold Weather whose MSRP is about 59000, to pay 700 a month with 9700 due at signing. I'm thinking this is a horrible deal so please let me know the dealership you worked with.

Thanks!
    Anyone who is familiar with BMW Financial Services knows that since the beginning of time it has used a pass / fail system for its lease approval process. Either consumers qualified for its best available rates or they could not lease through BMW FS at all...and your credit had to be pretty messed up for the latter to happen.

Yesterday BMW announced that BMW FS is introducing a tiered system for its lease program. Its rates now vary by credit tier, with the people who have the best credit scores getting slightly better rates than what was available last month and much higher money factors for people with low credit scores.

I should be able to get the full details of this new program some time today. Please feel free to post your questions about it here and I'll gladly fill you in on what I am able to find out.

Car_man
    Host
  • zoomazooma Posts: 19
    Picking up new X5 in couple of days. We had been thinking about financing and "locked in" the June rates (2.9% for up to 60 months). With this tier news, we would want to check into the new lease rates also. I assume we can get out of this "lock in," right? (in fact, I assume, in case the July finance rates are better than June, we can take advantage of those too, right?
  • suznsaxsuznsax Posts: 9
    Car_man, thanks so much for posting this. I negotiated a deal for X5d using June rates with a pledge from the salesman to "adjust" for any beneficial change in July rates. I mentioned the new tiered system in an email yesterday and he said that my monthly payment will go down about $20. I would love to know the rates by tier so I can keep him honest.
  • sunnyvalisunnyvali Posts: 32
    Any word on the curent lease rates. Looking for the 10k, 12k and 15k for 36 months for the X5d.

Thanks.
    You're very welcome, suznsax. BMW FS' new July buy rate lease money factor for the 2011 X5d is .00210 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.