Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• tmasstmass Posts: 2
    @lmoney783

I am actually looking for the same exact specs (premium, tech, & conv.) in NY (Long Island). Maybe you could answer a few of my questions.

1. What was the Selling price and how much over invoice was this deal?
    2. What dealership?
    3. What exactly was the Security Deposit, Bank Fee, Acquisition Fee, and Taxes?

Your answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • tmasstmass Posts: 2
    I'm very interested. Let me know more.
  • nyludditenyluddite Posts: 1
    Car_man,

May I get your opinion on the quality of the deal for a new 2011 X-5 Premium that I recently negotiated and am scheduled to pick up on 7/26?

I am located in NYC. The MSRP is 59,575. 36 mo. lease, 10,000 miles/yr.

The lease provides for $1,000 down and 35 additional monthly payments of $847.

Regards.
  • bmw_carbmw_car Posts: 10
    MSRP typically shows a destination and handling fee of $875.
    The dealer also charges an additional $725 for acquisition fee.

Is it justified for the 36 mo 10K lease to pay both Destination/handling and acquisition fee on top of it ?

Can someone clarify it and the purpose of each one of them in case of leasing ?
    I noticed that BMW lease advertisement for the 35i Premium says as MSRP of $52100 and the base MSRP is $51600. This tells me that the Destination and Handling is only $500 instead of $875.
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,862
    Destination and handling are part of the car price on every MSRP and invoice... Breaking it out means nothing to a deal... It's just a way to make the top line of the price look a little cheaper.. It's easier to just consider it a mandatory option.. ;)

The acquisition fee goes to the bank that provides the lease... It's a way to cover costs/increase profits... Dealers can mark up this by as much as $200 for extra dealer profit. Just about every bank charges an acquisition fee... doesn't really matter what it's for, you have to pay it.

regards,
    kyfdx

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,862
    I'd guess that means that the advertised deal is for a vehicle with a $500 option...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• rravinrravin Posts: 23
    Hi John,
    I love your approach to handling the lease. The thing that I have trouble with is the fees and taxes(other than destination, sales tax). Where do you get this info? Any chance you would share your program for leasing?

Ross
    Car man, do you have the July lease numbers from BMW financial (residual, mf and any other appropriate fees (other then destination) for the X5 5.0i. I live in Los Angeles, CA If that matters....
  • delta737hdelta737h Posts: 603
    Ross,

Many thanks for your kind words. Fees are obtained from the dealer and right here at Edmunds. The host can provide information on finance captive money factors, residuals, acquisition fees, and incentives. The dealer can provide info on their doc fee, DMV fees, etc.

Sales tax is determined by your state. As far as my lease program is concerned, I no longer provide it to anyone. I learned that some people were using it for financial gain and so I'm no longer providing it. I have a comprehensive program covering all 50 states and some of the calculations are quite complex that took considerable time to develop. I will, however, provide copies of sample lease proposals if you email me at...

diffeq@zoominternet.net

John
  • delta737hdelta737h Posts: 603
    edited July 2010
    porsche11,

All the numbers are correctly calculated. However, your bank fee of $925 has been inflated by $200 over the normal $725. It doesn't appear as though you're financing anything and you haven't made a cap reduction. Therefore, the sell price, gross cap, and adjusted cap all reflect the same value of $55,255. I don't know whether $580 over invoice is good or not. Have you checked overstock at zag.com for the lowest competitive pricing in your area? Are there any cash incentives available?

The $749 security deposit looks rather peculiar. Seems that it should be $750 as fund providers typically round the payment up to the next whole $25 or $50.

Overall, it seems that you got a reasonable deal but nothing to write home about.

John
  • tocheer4tocheer4 Posts: 9
    edited July 2010
    Got the following deal from Seattle Dealer

2011 X5 35i Premium
    Has Conv, Cold, Running Board, Hi-Fi, Park distance control
    MSRP 58,375
    Lease for 36th months, 12k / year
    Dealer Selling price
    Bank fee 925
    monthly 813.62 and downpayment is 3524.

Is it good deal?

Thanks

tocheer4
  • joanne17joanne17 Posts: 1
    I'm trying to lease a 2011 BMW X5, and can get a grasp on what is reasonable for monthly payment and cash due at signing. What number can I negotiate with the manager to bring the cost down (i.e. what are fixed fees and what are negotiable fees?). Any other advise would be really appreciated -- I feel very vulnerable because I don't feel that I have all the information.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi cntv121. Unfortunately, the $4,500 is only available on diesel models. BMW is not currently providing any cash incentives on non-diesel X5s that I am aware of.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    I certainly do, rravin. Here you go.

BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 5.0i with 15,000 miles per year are .00180 and 60%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

Car_man
    Host
    Greetings joanne17. I don't know if you're new to leasing, but if you are, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

Car_man
    Host
    Thanks for the info car man. So the MF for the 2011 X5 5.0i is less than for 2011 X5 3.5 Premium (I saw a post earlier in the month that stated the MF is .00210). Is this true or did the MF on the X5 3.5 premium come down? Also, what are the numbers for 12k for both vehicles?
    Is it 0.0018 or 0.00210 for July ?
    Are the rates going to be same or lower in Aug ?
  • zheckszhecks Posts: 34
    2011 X5 3.5 Premium MF is also 0.00210 for July.
  • Hi, What are the numbers for August 2010? Are they any better than July's?
    I have my x5 35i Premium being built and have an agreement with dealer that they will change the contract if numbers in August are lower.
    Appreciate your help
    Alex
This discussion has been closed.