Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• Couldn't say it better myself. I was skeptical of the diesel even when I signed the paperwork, but this car continues to blow my mind in it's capabilities.

Drive the truck for an extended period of time, get almost 600 miles out of a tank a gas, and try to tell me this vehicle is for unsophisticated buyers.

I've had luxury cars for many many years and this is the most satisfied I've ever been with respect for value and performance.
  • zlvzlv Posts: 1
    hello,

I'm looking at leasing a 2013 BMW X5 premium with convince package and was wondering if anyone could share the terms of their lease or what they think would be a fair down and monthly payment so i can know how hard to push in negotiating.

Thank you in advance :)
  • I posted a few days back about a lease I was presented with. Your comments would be most helpful. Thanks.
  • Hi Car_man-

I have a question about loyalty cash and a lease. If the dealer says it is willing to sell the car at invoice, is it reasonable to expect them to deduct an extra $750 for the BMW loyalty cash which is currently being advertised? I am being told they are willing to sell a 2013 BMW X5 50i at invoice, but when I inquired on loyalty cash, I was told that the price offered already took the loyalty cash into account. Thanks, again, for your assistance!
  • Just got my friend a deal on this X5 . Thought it was pretty amazing!

MSRP - $78,045 (Nappa Leather, M Performance Package, M Sport Package, 20" Wheels, Premium Package, Premium Sound, Technology Package, Luxury Package)

Selling price - $70,681
    BMW Drive USA Credit - $1,000
    BMW Loyalty Credit - $750
    USAA Member Credit $1,000
    App. Credit - $500

Final selling price - $67,431
    Money Factor - .00145
    Residual for 12,000 per year - 61%

Total due at signing - $3,656.72 (1st month payment $717.46, Bank fee $725, Taxes $1,963.76, Transfer plates $153, Doc Fee $75, NYS Insp. $10, NYS Tire Fee $12.50)

Monthly payment - $717.46 for 36 months.

CARMAN - What do you think? Good Deal?? :)
  • That looks like an outstanding deal to me. Can you provide any further details on how the dealer was able to do this since it looks like the selling price before all of the credits was a few thousand dollars below invoice? I am looking at a 2013 X5 xDrive50i as well, but its MSRP is several thousand dollars less than the vehicle you described. Any additional information you could provide would be helpful. Thank you.
  • I shop very thoroughly and know what I'm doing! Its about $1,600 behind invoice. Invoice on that car is about $72,181.00 :)
  • Based on the deal you got, I have no doubt you know what you are doing. Would you care to share any tips with the rest of us on the forum? What I have read here is that if you can get a selling price of invoice before other available credits, you are getting a good deal.
  • Find the desperate salesman! Sometimes I'll talk to 2 or 3 different salesman at the same dealership to see who really needs the business for the month. Someone who is trying to hit a bonus for the month and doesnt care about taking a mini commission and will work on your side to make the Manager see you can get the deal elsewhere and something is better than nothing!

Hope this helps - its one of my tricks!
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    That is a great deal - I assume it was on a vehicle on the dealer lot?

When shopping for an X5d, about the best we could do on a custom order was $1,000 over (true) invoice as the dealer price, before subtracting the various credits. However, there were a couple of heavily optioned X5d's on dealer lots that we could have gotten at or below invoice, if we wanted to compromise on our option selections and color preferences.

It is possible to find extraordinary deals on hard to move vehicles. I referred a friend to a dealership that sold him a brand new 2011 535i manual transmission for $45,500 that had an MSRP of $59,500 and an invoice of over $55,000. It sounds like the dealer on this X5 5.0i was concerned that a $77k non-M X5 would sit for awhile and was willing to be aggressive in discounting. Good deal for you.
  • This was a custom order - we ordered it about 5 weeks ago. What is (true) invoice? So on the car I got $78,045, I calculated the invoice to be $72,181. Is this right?
  • Would you be able to post which dealer this is?

Thanks
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    Edmunds invoice numbers don't include MACO and a dealer fee that varies by dealer and region. So what the dealer's invoice reads is higher by these amounts. I'm not sure what other kickbacks or credits the dealer got in order to give you a deal at well under invoice. BMW is in the process of redesigning the X5, and may have an excess inventory of 5.0 engines that they need to run through, so there may be some side deals going on. I'll ask the sales manager at my dealership.

So....more importantly, did you take delivery yet and/or are you picking it up at the Performance Delivery Center? That's free, but well worth about $2k in grins and experience by itself.
  • Hi Snow26. This deal looks like it's at around $1,000 over invoice minus a ton of available cash incentives plus the use of the buy rate lease money factor and base acquisition fee. That's not bad.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hey nd_irish. If the dealer is truly willing to sell you this car at invoice, then yes I personally would expect them to deduct the loyalty cash from that. If the dealer is keeping the loyalty cash then they are really selling you the truck at $750 over invoice, which still isn't bad...just not as good as straight invoice.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks, but I am dealing with the Manager and he claims this is 500 over their costs, before the rebates. It is a new order 2013. Are they lying to me? Thanks
  • Thanks, again, Car_man. I also would appreciate it if you could let me know what the September 2012 residuals and money factor are for a 2013 BMW X5 50i 36-month lease with 12,000 miles per year and 15,000 miles per year. Thanks!
  • ans9806ans9806 Posts: 9
    edited October 2012
    CARMAN - For a 2013 X5 35i SAV, I'm being quoted (haven't started negotiating yet):

MF: .00185

Acquisition fee: $925
    Doc fee: $150

From what I can tell by reading on here, MF should be .00145, and it looks like acquisition fee should be $725, and doc fee ~$75. Is that right?

Other than loyalty cash ($750) and USAA ($1000) - are there any other incentives I should be aware of?

Thanks!
  • Both FY12 (diesel) and FY13 (non-diesel) X5s
  • csd455csd455 Posts: 3
    edited October 2012
    I've had a dealer tell me that the October 2012 programs (enhanced from last month) are:

2013 X5 Premium - 36month Lease:

59% residual (12K miles/yr)
    .00135 base money rate

When I run lease numbers however, (keeping cap cost and all other factors the same) the .00135 only makes a $10/month payment reduction vs. last month's .00145. The advertised program however is $20/month lower than last month. Not sure what I'm missing
  • I told the dealer that I knew his numbers were way off, and that I wouldn't even start negotiating until I was sure he was being honest with me. He did come back and tell me that the October buy rate had gone to .00135, and that the remaining fees (acquisition fee and doc fee) were negotiable.

Didn't ask about the residual, but assume it's either 58 or 59%. Thanks.
    Keep in mind that different trim levels I think have different residuals. I've only shopped for the X5 premium. Just wish I knew why my calculations don't seem to pay out to the $20/month lower payment as advertised this month.
  • You're welcome snow26. The difference is likely the fact that the dealer is probably including advertising or some other sort of fee in their cost versus the straight dealer invoice price that is listed here at Edmunds.com. I still think that this is a good deal.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi nd_irish. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 50i with 12,000 miles per year are .00135 and 61%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey ans9806. The money factor that you were quoted is way too high. BMW FS' October buy rate for this model is only .00135 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. Try to find a dealer that will use that factor to calculate your payment.

They are marking up the acquisition fee by $200 as well...but that's not nearly as big a deal as the money factor mark-up.

The cash incentives that you mentioned are the only ones that I've seen out there.

Car_man
    Host
  • Here you go 0audilicious0.

BMW FS' October buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 X5 35d with 10,000 miles per year are .00135 and 57%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of a 2013 X5 35i Premium are .00135 and 60%.

Car_man
    Host
    Car Man - I think I'm heading into the dealer gauntlet finally to try and put a deal together today. Just to recap the above information so I'm clear:
    X5 Premium, 36mo/12,000 mi per year Lease
    59% Residual
    .00135 base money factor

The only part I'm worried about--and potential grey area-- is what exactly I will qualify for on the rate and how much they will mark it up. Credit score from all three bureaus is right around 710. Perfect payment history with auto loans and all other creditors, including a mortgage. Concern is they will use the fact that I'm not above a 750 and use that to leverage a big rate markup. Last month one dealer told me they need to be at .00175 if they sell the car at invoice, and haven't even looked at my credit yet.
  • nj550inj550i Posts: 18
    csd455,

On the BMW website, they use 36 months/10K with a 60% residual. I hope this will clarify your lease computation.
  • Thanks Car_man. What are the residual for 15K miles a year? is it 54% for the 35d and 56% for the 35i?
  • You're welcome 0audilicious0. The 10,000 mile per year residual values would be 3% lower, so that would be 54% and 57%.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.