Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,906
    That's actually normal for most states...

Compare it to buying a toaster that sells for $79, but comes with a $20 rebate.... You pay tax on the full $79..

Works the same way for cars... in most states...

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• OK....thanks for the info
  • Looking at the numbers I dont think did quiet as well as at first blush. The dealer had a different number for invoice. It included MACO and some training fee. Cost me another 600 bucks. I think im at about 1000 over invoice with those fees.
  • Dealer just called.turns to his manager has been driving the car for 3 months...lol.....wanted to complete the deal at the original deal with 3000 miles on he car...can you believe it.

Sigh..what a waste of time
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    Works the same way for cars... in most states..

That's true, if we are talking "rebates". But BMW - and my dealer - were careful to subtract the eco-credit off the top line as a "credit". That's like selling something with a $10 off sale - you don't pay tax on the pre-sale price.

I just called my dealer on another matter and asked. The only thing they treat as a rebate is the BMWCCA rebate that you get directly from them, when you buy a new car. The BMWNA eco-credit, holiday credit, loyalty credit, are all treated as credits, not rebates. Therefore no Maryland sales tax on any of them. They reduce the sales price before the tax is calculated. They aren't in jail (yet) so that's good by me.
    You're kidding?? 3,000 miles on the vehicle and they just told you now?

Well screw them and order a 2013 for Performance Delivery Center pick up. From an honest dealer.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,906
    I'm going to quote another CA, that contradicts part of what you were told...

Holiday Credit/Cash -
    Must finance/lease with BMW FS
    Offer is valid from Dec 1st - Jan 2nd, 13
    It is lockable
    Does not reduce the selling price
    It is used as a down payment (finance); a cap reduction or to pay drive offs (lease)

Loyalty Credit -
    FS funded contracts ONLY
    May be combined with HC
    It is lockable
    Does not reduce selling price
    It is used as a down payment (finance); a cap reduction or to pay drive offs (lease)

ECO credit -
    Discounted off selling price

So... according to him... Loyalty and Holiday credits are used as down-payments (taxable)... and ECO credit reduces the price (non-taxable).

That doesn't mean that your dealer isn't doing it the other way... just another $0.02..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

That's what I had expected when I first started shopping - that my Olympic drive credit would be treated as a taxable rebate. Fortunately the dealer I bought from subtracted it of the top, but there are others (in other selling states) that wouldn't have and that would have been taxable,
  • Just leased a new 2013 X5 Premium with Convenience, cold weather, Technology, Sat radio, BMW Apps. 39 month lease, 12K miles/year

MSRP - $62,795
    Monthly payment - $685 including 6.25% MA sales tax
    Cash due - $2124 (first, fees and $884 cap reduction)

I know you guys will do the math to figure out all the other numbers i am missing. Just wanted to share as I rely on this forum every couple of years when leasing a new car.

Good luck on your deal!
  • mlevinemlevine Posts: 203
    I would appreciate information as soon as possible on the leasing numbers for the base X5 35 and premium X5 35 for 24 and 36 months at 12,000 miles a year. Will be talking to the dealer today. thanks for your help.
  • gatorchompgatorchomp Posts: 2
    edited December 2012
    CarMan,

I am new to leasing and received a quote today for a 2013 X5 Base with Conv. Package, power tailgate, satellite radio are the only options selected, we have credit rating over 750, and want to ensure we are getting the best deal we can, any insight or advice is appreciated, we didn't want to put that much down given it is a lease. We planned on ordering ours since they didnt have the color combo and package we wanted. What are your thoughts on this offer a 2012 would be fine as well but may have to settle for alternate color combo.

$54,145 purchase price
    MF .00165
    53% residual
    39 month lease
    10K miles/yr
    $614/month (this includes tax)
    $5128 Out of pocket which includes first month payment

Our sales person is taking the Loyalty credit ($750) and Holiday credit ($1500) and applying as a credit on the capital cost reduction, our total out of pocket would be $5128, not really sure this is a great deal.

Thank you
    I believe the out of pocket is too much to put down, as you want to put the least down, Take the $2250 off invoice and work your way up for a cap cost. The money factor I believe should be 00.135 at least this is true for 36 months. I was not able to make a deal on the X5 35i as cap cost and out of pocket cost were too high. Good luck with you deal.
  • Hey mlevine. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24-month lease of a 2013 X5 35i Premium with 12,000 miles per year are .00135 and 62% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 36-month lease are .00135 and 56%.

This month there's still a $1,500 holiday credit and $750 owner loyalty cash available on this model.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi capitalst1. BMW Financial Services' December buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 xDrive35i Sport with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 57% for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an xDrive50i are .00125 and 59%.

When negotiating your deal on either of these trucks make sure to take advantage of the $1,500 holiday cash and $750 owner loyalty cash that BMW is providing on them right now.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey scooter75. Sheesh, you were negotiating a deal on a vehicle and they didn't tell you until later that it had 3,000 miles on it. Good grief. Time to find a different dealership :).

Car_man
    Host
  • FYI

Hi Everyone,

Thought I would give specifics to help others with there negotiations - I hate the way car dealers do business.

X5d with premium packageand heads up display
    On 36 month 12,000mile lease
    Sticker - 62345
    discount from sticker 4535
    Negotiated price - 57860 (invoice was 57430)
    eco and holiday credit - 6000
    Initial cap cost - 51860
    add crap fees (725 bmw finance, 399 doc fee, 17 state tire tax fee) - 1141

Net cap cost 53001
    lease factor .00125
    Residual .53
    Monthly payment 661.95
  • Gregzo what dealership did you get your lease from. I went shopping yesterday and was quoted substantially more. I would have left with a car if I scored that deal! Please assist. Thank you!
  • All, I too am trying to negotiate with my dealer and their numbers are different than what I am seeing here. Can someone validate. Terms of lease...2013 BMW X5d, 36 months, 10,000 miles per year. They are claiming only a $3,000 eco-credit for the '13 models (they said the $4,500 is only on the '12) + $1,250 holiday + $750 loyalty. Money factor of .00135 and residual of 54%. Will be a build to order option.

Can someone let me know if this is accurate or if I should just go to another dealer.
  • Can someone please assist. I'm new to the leasing world and I feel as if the offer on the table is a joke. I'm reading some of you post about the lease you received and mine is far off. I'm looking for an x5 (diesel is ok), 36 months, 12k miles w/ navigation. I was proposed the following:
    PURCHASE OPTION
    Vehicle Price: $63,345.00
    Market Savings: - $6,237.00
    SmartChoice Price: $57,108.00

Sales Tax (estimate): + $4,434.32
    Tire/Battery/MVWEA: + $7.00
    Tag/Registration Fees (estimate): + $441.00
    Flat Add/County Fee: + $8.00
    Electronic Filing: + $29.00
    Smog Abatement Fee: + $20.00
    Documentation Fee: + $80.00
    Balance Due (estimate): $62,127.32

With $4,500 down a monthly payment of $759

Basically what should I be targeting for a monthly payment? Another dealer offered me:
    $62845 msrp
    $60845 sale
    $6k rebate
    $4500 down payment
    36mos 12/yr

$683.93
    $53.00 tax 7.75%

$736.93/mo

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!!
  • BMW Gallery Norwood. All done by email with the sales manager - Rob. You can get his email on their website. Visited a couple of dealers in person and numbers were over $100/mo higher. Emailed 4 local dealers and went with the one willing to meet my price.
  • Hello all,
    I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a X5d so I need the following :

Anyone have sample email letters you send to dealers? I mean do you just state the price you want to pay, MF, Residual on the letter and mail to different dealers? Or do you ask what is their best price? I would think just asking what their best price will take quite a bit of back and forth?

Are 2012 pretty much gone? Pros and cons of 2012 vs. 2013? Are the 2012's offering same discounts, credits? Just wondering which will be a better overall deal.

Can I get leasing numbers for 2012 and 2013 36 month, 15k miles per year.

Thanking all for all their great help. This is a great site and saves us all lots of $$ :)
  • Let me know how you're doing. I'm going back and forth w/ a few dealers both 2012 and 2013. Right now there is a nice eco credit on the diesels. Still can't seem to get the deals I'm reading about on this site or I would have pulled the trigger myself.
  • Hi, can someone please help? I am a newbie of leasing and learned a lot from previous posts. Thanks everyone. Please check the offer I just got. Really appreciate it!

X5D 2012
    MSRP: 64,495
    leasing: 36 month
    mileage: 12k/y
    Residual: 53%
    money factor:0.00165
    down payment: 0
    monthly: $745

Good deal or not? Thanks!!!!!!
    Any way to low the monthly payment?
  • Tax rate is 6.25%. $745 has the tax included. Sorry for the missing information. Thanks.
  • Hi kydfx, or Car Man,

I think I finally found a good deal on a lease, any suggestions.

2013 x5 base, 3rd row seats, leather, power lift gate, conv package, sat radio
    MSRP 54,495
    negotiated price 51625
    minus 2250 holiday cash, loyalty credit
    cap cost $48375
    residual 28696 or 53%
    mf .00125
    $2000 total cash out of pocket which includes first payment and drive off fees
    $662/month 10k miles/yr
    if I opt to go with 12k miles/yr payment goes up $14/month

and what about the $925 acquisition fee seems high others were at 725

I am planning to close the deal this week, would like to get your feedback. Thank you
  • Klandie, Not much as far as responses going on.... Everyone must be focusing on holidays :)
  • $662 including tax??
  • Final offer thoughts on this lease please???

2013 x5 xDR35i
    MSRP $60,870
    36 month lease
    $4,500 down
    $700 a month including tax

Thoughts please?
  • I'm about to lease the following but would like confirmation this is a good deal please?

2013 X5 xDr35i
    MSRP $60,870
    36 months
    $4,500 down
    $700 a month

Good deal or not? Thanks!
    I would find out the invoice price from this site. Then take off the holiday cash of $1500 and if applicable the $750 loyalty cash and start at that price to calculate your lease payment. I believe the $4500 down is too much and you should only put down the 1st month, motor vehicle fees, and bank fee. I hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.