Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• ras912ras912 Posts: 18
    Based on everything I;ve seen, you are getting a better than average - to favorable - lease. The others are correct about the applicaiton of the $2500 as a cap cost reduction. One thing I will recommend that you analyze is the value of the $2,500 holiday cash versus the money factor in place at the time of lease inception (assume you ordered the car and locked in the holiday cash but will take future delivery). Basically I founds out that BMWFS marks up their money factor signficantly during Dcember. It offsets the cost of the holiday cash they are throwing you. Depending on the length of the lease, it's probably a break interest situation (ie you are paying a higher interest rate - 1.5 to 2 points - for 36 mos but getting a break on the cap cost). Worth downloading a calc from the iternet and running the numbers. Everything else in your deal seems fair -- except the markup of the BMWFS acq. fee. Only pay 725. They're getting a handosme doc fee ($599 i think you said)which should pad their pockets plenty! Nice job.
  • am1199am1199 Posts: 10
    Hi CarMan ,what is residual value and MF for January on 36/15k X5 3.5 d . Thanks
  • Hi am1199. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 35d with 15,000 miles per year are .00205 and 53% for regular and .00175 / 53% for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • romsskyromssky Posts: 16
    Hi, is this a good deal?

MSRP: $60,175
    Sale Price: $57,400
    Term: 36/10
    MF: 0.0012
    Resid: 58%
    Pmt: $735 + tax

Thank you.
    In my opinion, your discount off of msrp is better than average. It could be a little deeper but you are not that far off. I do not see posted lease rates http://www.ridewithg.com/index.php/2011/01/2011-bmw-lease-rates-january-2011/ for 10k miles/yr but the residual is right on the mark and their MF is less than the published 15k rates. Just make sure the acq. fee is $725 not $925 and that there aren't a ton of dealer fees added.

Also, if you have extra cash, ask your dealer about multiple security deposits to further buy down the money factor.
  • romsskyromssky Posts: 16
    Thanks. In your opinion what's the best/realistic discount of MSRP I can get?
    Negotiate from dealer invoice UP not MSRP down. I'd spend the $14 and buy the consumer reports guide for your vehicle. Figure out Invoice and target an acceptabel selling price for $500-1000 above invoice.
  • Car Man,

What is the current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 2011 X5 35i Premium on a 36 month lease and 10k/yr of miles? I am a first time BMW customer in NY and do not want to put any money down except potentially for security deposits.

Thank you
  • Here you go, dang1776. BMW Financial Services' January buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 35i Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 58%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

This vehicle's money factor is reduced to .00110 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • pcrispypcrispy Posts: 10
    Wondering if you know what the February rates are yet? I am interested in a 36 month, 12,000 miles per year on either a Premium or Sport Activity.

Also, what gets the "loyal customer" status for the lower money factor? I purchased a used X3 at the same dealership about 2 years ago, but didn't know if that would count for anything.

My dealer thought the numbers I was getting at LeaseCompare where way too low, I just think that they were assuming that I would be a sucker at paying MSRP.
  • Hi pcrispy. BMW's January lease program was scheduled to run through the end of February.

Current BMW owners and lessees are eligible for the improved, loyalty money factor. If you still have your X3 there's a good chance that you qualify for it.

Car_man
    Host
  • I own a 2008 X5 4.8i, I bought it used, and I paid cash for it from a non-BMW dealer - but I have obviously had it serviced by my BMW dealer. I still have it, and I'm getting close to signing my deal, and my question is: do I qualify for the loyal customer incentives, even though I haven't been a BMWFS client? Also, what are the incentives for loyalty presently? What are current money factors for 2011 X5 35i sports activity?

Thanks! You all have been a terrific help!
  • That's a good question, metamindwerx. I suspect that you do indeed qualify as a loyal BMW customer.

BMW Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 35i Sports Activity with 15,000 miles per year are .00155 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

This truck's money factor improves to .00125 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • My dealer tells me that the $2500 holiday cash is $2408.40, because they say that the funds are taxed - is there any truth to this, or is it BS?
  • Hello All, I've been looking around for a new lease on a 2011 X5 Sport Activity and I want to hear your input on the following price offered from a local dealership in Bay Area, CA. Is this a good deal?

MSRP: $62,325
    Invoice: $57,545
    Dealer mark up: $750
    MACO fee: $400
    Bank ACQ fee: $925

Total Cap Cost: $59,620

36th months
    15k miles/year

Residual: 56%
    MF: .00165

$842.57 per month + $82.15 tax = $924.72

Drive off:

$1,771.72 ($924.72 + $802 Lic & Reg + $45 Doc fee)
  • tp71tp71 Posts: 1
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went today to get pricing on a new X5. A 2011 premium model 10,000 miles p/yr, conv. package, heated front seats. It came out to $2,500 down and $760 p/month. Is this a good or bad deal. What have other people been getting on leases in the NY area. Any recommendations?
  • Hello!

Thank you all so much for ALL of your help! I now have a gorgeous '11 X5 in my garage :) I feel like I got a very good deal, definitely with your help! I was able to negotiate myself a fantastic lease rate, the dealership was surprised that I knew about them marking up the acq. fee (thanks to you all they lowered it to the $725!), and overall I walked into the F&I office with a definite hands up. The F&I chick told me that she had never worked with such an educated client and asked me if a friend of mine works for BMW/BMWFS.

Anyhow, thank you again. I really do appreciate it. Oh, and FYI, I did check with BMWFS about the loyalty programs and you have to actually be a BMWFS client within 6 months trailing of signing a new loan/lease to qualify for that bonus.

One final question: I purchased a Fidelity tire and wheel warranty agreement which has been a godsend and I am definitely going to buy another. It cost me $736 for the enhanced coverage and has now paid for itself twice over with my old X5. I asked the dealership about buying a new agreement and they quoted me a price of $1295, which is nearly double what I initially paid not even a year ago. Does anyone have any tips of where I can buy a Fidelity tire and wheel warranty agreement at a good price? I want Fidelity specifically, because they are a piece of cake with claims through my dealer.
  • ab10000ab10000 Posts: 127
    I think you should pay 500 under Invoice period
    How does the ECO $3500 credit work in lease calculation. How much should I pay for the following, excellent credit.

MSRP 61,575.00

Lease special on financial service $739.00 based on MSRP $56,575.00.

How much discount can I get in bay area? What lease paymnet?
    what is the MSRP?
This discussion has been closed.