Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• I was told the the bank fee in NJ is $825 and not $725, is that true?

Thanks.
  • Nope... dealers can mark up the fee by up to $200 ($925 max).. There is no higher fee for NJ..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi metamindwerx. The holiday cash isn't here any more, but if it was then it probably would be taxable since it is a consumer-facing incentive instead of dealer cash.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi ab10000. The selling prices of leased vehicles are negotiable, just as if you were paying cash for or financing them. Negotiate as low a selling price as you can on the X5 that you want and then have the dealer subtract the ECO credit from that.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi,

What are the current money factor and residual for 36month 10K miles a year lease for 2011 X5 xDrive35d model?
  • Finally placed an order for 2011 x5 35I Premium.

Here's the deal I got:

MSRP: $59,425
    Sale Price: $55,200
    Resid: 58%
    MF: 0.00061 (Loyalty + max MSD)
    Term: 36/10
    Pmt: $630 + tax

Hope this posting helps, this forum certainly helped me.

Hope this helps, this forum certainly helped me
  • ab10000ab10000 Posts: 127
    Hi
    Thanks for the info, if you do not mind few questions,

How much down did you put?
    What state and Dealer?
    Is the diesel more money with same options? Why did you prefer the Gas?
    How did you qualify for MF: 0.00061 (Loyalty + max MSD) ?

Thanks
  • Nothing down, just fees (bank, doc, registration and plates) about $1100.
    It's a NJ dealer through a NY leasing co.
    I didn't care for a diesel engine, although I did hear good things about it.
    To qualify for a Loyalty rate (0.0011) you need to be BMW FS current customer. Every additional security deposit reduces your MF by 0.00007, there is a limit of 7, which adds up to a reduction of 0.00049.
  • mets86mets86 Posts: 12
    My 2008 X5 come off lease in May. I don't want to turn it in for another one and I don't want to buy it. I think BMW offers a you the option to Re-Lease it. Has anyone ever done it? How does the process work? Does it makes sense to do it?
  • ab10000ab10000 Posts: 127
    What is your payment not including Tax?
    What options you have, MSRP?
    You can lease new 650-750.

If payment is comparable, I will lease new and take advantage of Loyal customer discount on lease.
  • zeppiecrzeppiecr Posts: 1
    Do you think you can tell me who I should contact for a similar deal romsky? I am in the NY NJ region as well.
  • amit507amit507 Posts: 2
    hi, this board has some great information and I am learning alot. I have one question though..

What's the benefit of putting down 7 security deposits. I understand that it lowers your money factor, thus your monthly payment. However, can't the dealer say that there is excessive wear and tear damage and make up stuff to dip into your security deposit. I guess the question I am asking is there any way you won't see that security deposit. Do you get it back say if your car is totalled, unlike say a down payment?

Thanks
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,919
    Even if your security deposit is $ZERO, the end-of-lease charges would still have to be paid.

So, if the dealer can list $3000 of end-of-lease charges, you will owe the money, regardless..

But, where is the motivation? The dealer doesn't hold your security deposit. And, they don't get the damage charges..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• beopersonbeoperson Posts: 54
    edited March 2011
    Hi Car_Man
    Do you know what are March numbers for X5 xDrive35i Premium & Diesel?
    I'm ingterested in 36 month 10K.
    Is ecco rebate still available

Thank you
  • bazizbaziz Posts: 6
    The deal I got was from a dealer in Jersey

MSRP: 61,800
    Final Price: 57,500
    15,000 miles a year/36 months
    4500 due at signing
    741 a month including NY taxes

Let me know if you want the name of my dealer, he was phenomenal
  • romsskyromssky Posts: 16
    The dealer has nothing to do with the deposits or damages, everything is done directly with BMW FS.
  • romsskyromssky Posts: 16
    I went through Easy Leasing in Brooklyn, NY. They've been around for a while and offered the best deal.
  • mets86mets86 Posts: 12
    My monthly payment right now is $715. I was thinking of maybe trying to re-lease it for another 2 or 3 years. It only has 26k miles right now.
    This is my 3rd BMW from the dealership in NYC. I had bought a 540i in 2000, traded that in to them and leased a 2005 X5, then in 2008, leased my current X5. What is the Loyal Customer dicsount? Do they offer it in NYC? I just had to trade it in and have to put another $3-4k down. Please let me know your thoughts.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hello smarguli. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 35d with 10,000 miles per year are .00205 and 56%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tiers.

This factor is reduced by .00030 for loyal customers.

Car_man
    Host
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    I sure do beoperson. BMW Financial Services' March buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2011 X5 35i Premium with 10,000 miles per year are .00140 and 58%, respectively.

The numbers for an otherwise identical lease of an '11 X5 35d are .00205 and 56%.

These money factors are .00030 lower for loyal customers.

The Eco rebate is indeed still available.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.