Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

1717273747577»

Comments

• Hi SoCal,

Could you please provide details about where you got the deal, deal terms (miles and months), MSRP, final price and what it came down to $/month?

I am also looking at black/cinnamon brown. I got the quote on 60,xxx MSRP with discount of $5K at $745/month which seemed pretty high.

Best regards,
    Chuck
  • Hello Kyfdx-

Could you tell me the current MF, Residual and incentives available for a 2013 BMW X5 AWD 4dr xDrive35i Premium as well as for a 2013 BMW X5 base model?

thanks for the help. I'm in Socal.
  • Anyone have any experience with what the 2013 x5d are going for? I would assume the dealers are going to start cutting prices pretty aggressively on these bad boys
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,962
    Nope, but you can check the Prices Paid discussion..

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef21f1b/2502#MSG2502

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Hi Guys,

New to this forum. Found a BMW X5 35D, MSRP:77K with 6K miles on it ( Demo Car). Listed price 64K. What is the best price for this. I am looking to lease the same. So please let me know what is the residual % and Money factor for sth like this. I live in central NJ.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Is it a 2013 or 2014 model?

• It is a 2013 model. MSRP: 77,500

@cjalagam said: Hi Guys,

New to this forum. Found a BMW X5 35D, MSRP:77K with 6K miles on it ( Demo Car). Listed price 64K. What is the best price for this. I am looking to lease the same. So please let me know what is the residual % and Money factor for sth like this. I live in central NJ.

Thanks a lot in advance!

2013 X5 35D 36mo, 15K/yr lease

.00125 MF and 52% residual

Demo models usually have the residual adjusted down to account for the extra mileage.. 6K miles would lower the residual by $1650. The key to getting a great lease deal on a demo: negotiate a really low selling price.

kyfdx

• cjalagamcjalagam Posts: 8

@Kyfdx: I negotiated a 2013 X5 35D for good price. Unfortunately in the last minute CA came back saying residual % he agreed was a mistake. He confirmed a 56% residual for 2013 X5 35D(12 K Miles/year) during negotiations and came back apologizing that it is only 52%. This changed the whole deal with respective to monthly payments. And since it has 7500 miles on it, he adjusted $1500 to residual. Is there any way to verify current residuals ? Also is acquisition fee negotiable ? he told me it is $925 initally and since it was his mistake with residual, he said he will waive off $75.

As always your help is greatly appreciated.

The residuals are set by BMWFS, and the dealer can't change them. I don't have the new numbers for January, yet.. but the numbers posted above were accurate for December.

The base acquisition fee for BMWFS is $725, with dealers allowed to mark it up by $200 for extra profit. I find it amusing that the CA makes a $2500 mistake in calculations, then offers to knock off $75 of his $200 additional markup...

No matter how good the selling price is on that unit, if it doesn't turn out to lease for a low price, then the savings are illusory, at best.. Doesn't sound like your dealer is doing anything to help your cause.

kyfdx

Thanks for your response. I will get back to him. What is the equivalent model for X535D on gas front ? X5 35D Sports Activity ? CA was asking if i am interested in gas so that he can get me a better residual and a better lease price.

That would be an X5 35i

Same money factor, higher residuals, fewer incentives....

Thanks a lot. All your responses are helping me in getting a great car. Is 35i similar in performance /comfort/look compared to 35D. Basically i might get a better deal with 35i compared to 35D for similar options.

@kyfdx@Edmunds said: That would be an X5 35i

Same money factor, higher residuals, fewer incentives....

Yes... as far as comfort, performance and looks, the two engine choices aren't markedly different.... A diesel feels a little torquier, but runs out of steam at high RPMS. Diesel fuel mileage is better, but diesel prices are generally higher than premium gas.. Unless you are just sold on diesels, picking a gas model won't make much difference in your overall experience.

kyfdx

(still waiting on January numbers)

Thanks! I have decided to go with Diesel . Here are the numbers:

2013 35D with 7K miles Residual: 52% 12K MF:0.00130 Acquisition Fee:$725

MSRP:77625 Selling Price: 56500 Upfront Payment: First Month + 350 Doc fees Installment: 678/month

Thanks everyone.

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,322
    edited January 28

Please visit the 2014 BMW X5 Lease Questions discussion for current 2014 model year lease questions.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

This discussion has been closed.