Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• jefhackjefhack Posts: 20
    Thanks again to everyone for your input and feedback. It was really helpful! So I went to the BMW dealer (LifeQuality BMW, Brooklyn) expecting that I would be underwhelmed by the 06 X5 after recently test-driving the 06 ML-350. I knew the ML had some updated features/options that the current X5 didn't offer (i.e. no iPod connector with Nav). Well, I was sorely wrong. The X5 is a great truck! Wow, driving the 4.4 was really something and had me hooked immediately. And the interior was just really sharp. Yes, the ML had more updated gadgets/electronics but it wasn't enough to keep me away from the X5. It is being built and will be ready mid-August. We await the delivery day anxiously!
  • miltimilti Posts: 14
    I was wondering what sort of deal you were able to come out with. If you leased what were the numbers you were able to achieve or if you financed waht sort of APR? And is there an extra charge to have a X5 built for you?

Thanks
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Everything is going very well, thanks jefhack. If you're in the market for a 2006 BMW X6 you are in luck. BMW recently enhanced this truck's lease program. If you were to lease a 2006 X5 4.4 through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00150 and 57%, respectively. At first glance, one might say "How is this enhanced, this money factor is worse than it was in June." Well the answer is that BMW introduced new dealer cash on the '06 X5. On the 4.4i model, it has $2,500 dealer cash that can be used in conjunction with BMW FS' special lease program. Make sure to take this dealer cash into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost. It will make a big difference. BMW's advertised lease payment for the X5 3.0i dropped from $505 per month for 36 months in June all the way to $439 per month for 24 months in July!

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Congratulations on your order, jefhack. Make sure that you take advantage of the new incentives that are available on the X5. You should be able to do so since you have not physically taken delivery of your truck yet.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
    Hello milti. Manufacturers do not charge any extra to order vehicles. Having said this, most dealers are willing to sell vehicles that they already have in inventory at a larger discount than vehicles that they have to order. There are two main reasons for this. The first is that dealers have to pay floorplan interest on vehicles that they have in stock. The sooner they sell vehicles that they already have, the sooner they can stop paying interest on them. The second reason is as the old saying goes, a bird in hand is worth two in the bush. Dealers would rather finalize deals ASAP than risk having them fall apart as the consumer they are working with waits for their ordered vehicle to arrive.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forums
  • rstnpcrstnpc Posts: 6
    Hey Carman:

How goes it? Can you share the MF for the X5 if leased for:

10K Miles 24 mo
    12K Miles 36 mo
    or what is the terms for the best MF?

Thanks

RSTNPC
  • dkla76dkla76 Posts: 41
    Hey where did u find the deal for: "BMW's advertised lease payment for the X5 3.0i dropped from $505 per month for 36 months in June all the way to $439 per month for 24 months in July!"???

when is the deadline for it?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,847

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• lansalansa Posts: 7
    Can anybody give me specifics on this ad, ie car options and terms? I was offered today a 36 mo lease deal on a 2006 3.0 with only auto and cd changer....msrp was $45,400, negotiated down to $43,400, with $6500 upfront (includes sales tax), payment came to $590!!! Not a good deal at all, and now I see this ad for a 24 mo lease at $434/month. Why the huge difference??
  • highridehighride Posts: 2
    I was curious to know what the going lease is on a BASE X5 with nothing down

Thanks,
    Adam
  • tlgoldentlgolden Posts: 9
    Can anyone tell me what the factors are on the $439/mo lease offer? The MSRP is 44470(auto transmission only). What is the money factor for this deal? (is it .00115) Also- we should be able to use these factors for an X5 3.0 with options, right? Thanks in advance for the help.
    Dealer just offered a lease on a 2006 X5 with premium pkg, rear climate pkg, xenon, steptronic auto transmission, mirrors. MSRP 49620.
    lease- $0 down ($1513 total out of pocket for sec.dep, tax, tags, 1st mo.)
    24 mo. 12k/yr
    $569/mo + tax (7%)= $609/mo
    I calculated out the negotiated price as 45500. Money factor .00150. Residual 70%.
    I'm signing on it today. What do you all think??
    Check my post on my recent lease on a semi loaded 2006 X5. MSRP 49620. $0 Down ($1513 total out of pocket for sec. 1st mo. tax, tags, etc.) $569/mo + tax. 24mo, 12k/yr
  • roughyearroughyear Posts: 52
    i saw a commerical last nite for a 2006 X5 4.4 for $530... but the dealers are saying they don't know anything about the lease deals yet....

anyone with info.... i'm looking current at getting an 2006 X5 4.4 with a retail on $58k (list) hoping to get it down to a better price point... what would be a fair price on a 4.4 and then how would i work out the lease deal after settling on the price??

thanks
    It goes very well, thanks rstnpc. I assume that you are talking about the '06 X5 3.0i's lease program. It matters because the 4.4i's program is different. If you were to lease a 2006 BMW X5 3.0i through BMW Financial Services right now for 24 months with 10,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00150 and 71%, respectively. The numbers for a 36 month lease of this truck with 12,000 miles pr year should be .00185 and 59%. When negotiating your truck's capitalized cost, make sure to take the $2,000 dealer cash that BMW is currently providing on the '06 X5 3.0i into account.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • mcho3mcho3 Posts: 36
    i am looking to get x5 4.8 for 36month, will need 15k per year. MSRP comes to be about 74k. i know that 2007 model will be relaesed in few months. would i be able to get this car for below invoice? i was able to get my 2005 clk last year 4k below invoice. is that poss with this car?

my first deal i got is 1200k per month, 7500k down.
    Hi lansa. You're right BMW's new lease program for the X5 is much better than the one that it replaced. The link that my co-host kyfdx helpfully provided in the post right before contains all of the details that you are looking for.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • I am new to this whole thing, relocating from NY to CA and getting my first car. What is the residual value, base money factor and dealer cash and how does that affect the lease vs. buy scenario. I am looking to either lease or purchase a 530i prem/sport/nav/sat/ipod/rear climate/rear side airbags/park dist cont/auto trans a for August for a September delivery and need to understand these fine details.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

NKnTC
  • Sorry, I am looking at the X5 4.4 for 06' with the same options and the rear cargo for my wife and the 530i for me same options. Need to understand the rvalue, base moneyfactor and dc so that I can truly negotiate the cars.

Thnx,

NKnTC
    Greetings Adam. I would be happy to estimate what your lease payment would be like on this car for you. However in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its MSRP, approximate selling price, how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. For now, you can take a look at BMW's advertised lease payment for this truck: BMW 2006 X5 advertised lease.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi tlgolden. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for any 2006 BMW X5 3.0 regardless of how it is equipped is .00185 for leases up to 42 months in length. The reason why this truck's money factor is a little higher than it was is that BMW introduced $2,000 dealer cash on it at the beginning of this month. Make sure to take this dealer cash into account when negotiating your truck's capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi roughyear. I would be happy to give you an idea of what this truck should cost to lease right now. However, in order for me to do so I need some additional information from you first. This information includes this truck's approximate selling price, how long you want to lease it for, and how many miles per year you need to be able to drive it. You should be able to get an idea of how much you will have to pay for this truck right now by visiting the following discussion: "BMW X5: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". When negotiating your truck's selling price, remember that BMW is currently providing $2,500 dealer cash on the 2006 X5 4.4i. This cash will help you to negotiate an attractive capitalized cost.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi mcho3. I am not familiar with what the market is like for the X5 4.8. BMW does not produce very many of this trim level, so you may find it difficult to get one for as low a price as you are hoping. The fact that BMW is not providing any lease support or dealer cash on the 4.8 probably indicates that they are selling fairly well. You still will probably be able to negotiate some sort of discount on this truck, you just probably will not be able to get it for as close to dealer invoice as you are hoping. While it is not quite as nice as the 4.8, the X5 4.4 is a MUCH better deal. It's price is lower and it has dealer cash and lease support available on it right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi NKnTC. Since you are new to the world of leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

Once you have a basic understanding of how leasing works I will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have. This particular discussion is for questions about leasing the BMW X5. If you want a 5-Series, post any questions that you have on it in the following discussion: "BMW 5-Series: Lease Questions".

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    hey car man thanks.
    i first should say that you helped me out alot for my 05 clk500 and also 05 TL. i just got an offer for 71k.
    what would that money factor and residual value be for this car if i want to lease it for 48month, 15k miles.
    thanks
  • car_man..

thanks for the reply.. looking at a 2006 X5 4.4i with all the triming except DVD entertainment (even though i want this option, but they dont have it) anywayz.. final selling price $51450.. looking for either a 24month or 36month lease.. with very little down payment. thanks for any help.
    car man
    i just got my offer for the 4.4 x5
    premium,sport,cold,rear climate,heated steering,19",woodtrim, navi,premium hi-fi
    MSRP 64000 selling price 57200 MF 1.9 Residual 59%
    monthly of 724.84 + tax for 12k per year 36month
    what do you and others think about this deal?
    what would it be for 15k? is it better to get 24month lease?
  • miltimilti Posts: 14
    Sounds like a better deal than I worked out :cry: . I'm interested to know what state you are purchasing the X5, if you put any money down or just had to pay the first monthly payment with tax and license. I have the same model and extras except custom seats (no nav), 15,000 miles/36 months, extra wear and tear protection, put $1500 down and I am paying $900 (tax included) in Orange County, CA.
    this is in LA, down 2100. i am trying to get little less then what they are offering.
  • bosbmrbosbmr Posts: 2
    Hi Car_Man
    Can you please help? I would like to calculate the monthly lease payment for my deal.

X5 3.0i
    MSRP: $50,320
    Quote: $47,000 (3,320 off)
    24 mo lease with 15,000 mile per year
    $0 down payment

Offer from dealer was $699+tax.

I have no 'Knowledge' to judge whether this is a good deal or not.
    I have been trying to calculate the payment through the lease calculator using MF and residual from this forum...however my number came out very odd. Probably I made a mistake and cannot find what it is... Could you please give me the MF and residual value and estimated monthly payment for this deal?

Thanks in advance.
This discussion has been closed.