Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• raschroeraschroe Posts: 4
    I did sign a sales contract. I prefer to keep the components (price, trade, finance, etc.) of the "deal" separate so each can be negotiated on its own merits. Obviously this only works if financing is not essential.
  • abmwfanabmwfan Posts: 47
    1500 over invoice is the high end of the range. It's not hard to find a dealer who will sell for $1k over invoice or less. If you didn't put a deposit on that sales contract, then it likely is not binding. if you can, walk away from that "deal". You can do better.

The thing about the X5 is that we are in the last year of production for the 2nd generation X5. Later this year, BMW will start offering heavy incentives as the 3rd generation approaches production. The current X5 is a 7 year old design and it will be yesterday's news in less than a year. Why pay a premium for an old model when it will soon sell at a discount?
  • Ok so thinking about BMW X5 lease. I love this site.

MSRP of my X5- $53,245. Got $49,590 price for car. At 15,000 miles and $4,000 down the lease payment is $687. The residual after three years is $30,350. Not sure of the money factor that you mention above but slightly above .00190 so the 'finance guys can get paid'.

I know you are not a fan of $4,000 down payment but getting this thru customs (wife) means low monthly price. Plus its rare for totaled car and stolen and that goes down of course the closer you get to end of lease so I will take that chance.

So outside of the downpayment- what are your thoughts here? THANKS!
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hey mrjackcoffee. The selling price that you were quoted looks good. The .00190 money factor that you were quoted is right in line with BMW FS' current buy rate for this model, so the dealer is not marking your deal up any.

HA, I like the "getting this thru customs" comment. I completely understand ;).

Outside of the down payment this deal looks good.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • danno14danno14 Posts: 4
    Hi CarMan, I just started a build on a 2013 X5 35i Sport Activity from the dealer today and was wondering if I did it right. I added a few options like Convenience Pkg and Running boards to bring the MSRP to $62350 and ended up negotiating to this:
    Sale Price: $59000
    Down Payment: $2500
    Money Factor: .00190
    Residual: .60
    Length: 36 Mo @ 12K/yr
    Total Monthly Payment with Tax: $699.

Did I get it right CarMan? Thanks!

Just
  • I'm curious as I read these boards, why so many monthly lease payments on the X5 seem to be in the $700+ range. When I search using BMW's lease offers in the Santa Monica area, I see the below terms:

$569*/month for 36 months
    • $569 First months payment
    • $3,000 Down payment
    • $0 Security Deposit
    • $725 Acquisition fee
    • $4,294 Cash due at signing

I'm sure this is a very generic offering to get people in-store, just want to be prepared in advance. Thanks for the help!
    I finalized my lease today by threatening to walk and was able to obtain this:

2013 X5 xDrive35i Sport Activity with Conv Pkg and Running boards.
    MSRP: 62350
    Sale Price: 58370
    Documents and Acquistion fee: 75 +725
    Down Payment: 2800
    Money Factor: 0.00190
    Residual: 60%
    Length: 36 Mo @ 12K/yr
    Mileage fee: $0.15/mile
    Monthly Payment including tax: $680.40

Due on delivery (includes upfront charges): $6932.89

My only question is what exactly is the "upfront charges" because it is $3452.49?

Thanks to anyone who can respond!
    By the time you walk away with all the goodies added on it costs a whole lot more :)
  • jckearnyjckearny Posts: 1
    Please help, looking to lease a 2012 BMW x5 diesel. Need to know the money factor and residual rate for June. THANKS
  • srch4carsrch4car Posts: 3
    12k miles 58% and 0.00185. Same as May numbers.

Eco credit bumped to $4500.
  • kanchiskanchis Posts: 33
    Here's what you need to know. If the dealer is saying they are selling you the car for $500 over invoice then the eco credit needs to be applied to that price. Without taking into consideration taxes looking at the MSRP for that vehicle the invoice should be $58550. Lets say you give the dealer $1000 of profit, then your left off at $59550. You apply the eco credit of $4500 to that price, which brings your selling price to $55055. BMWFS 36k miles residual is 56% and MF of 0.00185. If you dont account for sales tax (since it varies by state/county) you should end up with a payment of $696/month.

As for drive off fees I'd usually pay the first month lease + any dealer fees+ lease inception fees. It really boils down to personal preference. It will only make ur monthly payment go higher so its up to you.

I suggest you walk away from this deal or make them agree to what I just suggested.
  • deenxdeenx Posts: 16
    I totally agree with this analysis. But...... there are 0, zero, nada, no dealers where I live in NJ who will do a deal at that level. They literally laugh you out of the dealership.
  • Went to Prestige BMW in Mahwah, NJ today and got the following offer. Would like to know if this is a good deal.

2012 X5 xDrive 35d
    Space Gray Metallic
    Black Nevada Leather
    Dark Burl Walnut Wood Trim
    Sport Activity Package
    20" Light Alloy Y-spoke Wheels Style 214 with Performance Run-Flat Tires
    Navigation System
    Running Boards
    Destination & Handling
    MSRP $62,945
    Negotiated Price After Eco-Credit $53,625
    $2,000 Due at Signing
    Monthly price including taxes $745
  • Sorry, I forgot to add that it is a 36 month lease at 15k per year.
  • Ok, I have what I think is a great offer but want to confirm.

2012 X5 35d
    Premium Package
    Sport Package
    20" Y-Spoke rims
    Running Boards
    Eco Credit $4,500
    Loyalty Credit $1,500
    MSRP $64,545
    36 months, 15,000 per year
    $2,000 due at signing
    Monthly payment including tax $680

Thoughts?

If I add multi contour seats (msrp $900), how much should my payment go up?
  • kyfdx%40Edmundskyfdx%40Edmunds Posts: 25,856
    If I add multi contour seats (msrp $900), how much should my payment go up?

About $10-$12/mo...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

For everyone who is planning to buy/lease a 2013 E70 X5, keep in mind that this is the last year of production before the 3rd generation X5 launches as a 2014 model next April/May. BMW always incentivizes the final production runs of a model before the next generation releases. So expect heavier lease and other incentives later this year, especially if combined with the annual end-of-year sales event (Nov 1 - January 3). It's something to think about if you have flexibility in the timing of your purchase.
  • yperryyperry Posts: 1
    Hi all,

I'm about to lease next week BMW X5 Premium 2013, 30 months Lease, 15K M Per year including the following packages:

Conv Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Sound Package
    Technology Package
    Running Boards

One lease payment: $28,065 (for 30 months)
    30 Payments: $908 each payment + $4,296 up front
    All above numbers including Taxes within NY

Is it a good deal? If not what will be good deal for the above package?

Your advise is much appreciated.
  • acetneracetner Posts: 2
    Just wondering if there is really a loyalty credit available for the 2013 X5. Some posts seem to mention it, most do not.

I am about to lease an X5 and currently have a 535xi. Just wondering if there is a credit I should be takin advantage of.

Thanks!
    edited June 2012
    BMW usually offers owner loyalty incentives through BMW finance from November 1st through January 3rd. Just be aware that it's not always beneficial to wait for the end of year sales event. BMW offers more incentives during that period, but they often decrease the residuals by a percent or two to offset the incentives.

If you were a member of the BMW car club, you would be eligible to receive a $1,000 check for that new X5.
This discussion has been closed.