Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier BMW X5 Lease Questions

Comments

• 4tune4tune Posts: 15
    12K miles 36 month lease and yes I have loyalty sales tax rate is 6.25% which is included in the payment.
    Hi Carman: in addition to my earlier inquiry about an X5 lease, I wanted to know if I go for the X5 35d will I be allowed to combine all my incentives to get a very aggressive deal from my bmw dealer. He has agreed to discount the 2012 bmw 35d in the following ways.

MSRP: 62145
    Invoice: 57794
    Eco credit:4500
    Loyalty: 750
    Drive for Team USA: 1000

I just graduated from a grad program. Can I ask them to tag on the 1000 available for that. I know BMW is offering that. The cap cost comes down to $50544. How can I approach this. It would be great to land such a deal. Thanks. I need to decide on it by 2moro. Much appreciate it. Anyone on the forum can weigh in on this. Thanks.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi quosco. MSD stands for

Multiple
    Security
    Deposits

BMW Financial Services allows lessees to make additional security deposits on their vehicles, with each additional deposit lowering the money factor that is used to calculate their payment by .00007.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
    Hi snow26. the only cash incentive, other than the EcoCredit on diesels, that I am aware of on the X5 right now is $750 loyalty cash to consumers who finance or lease one through BMW Financial Services.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if your current X5 was worth more than its purchase option price. Used vehicle values in general are very strong right now (though this may change in the year + ahead if you ask me).

Car_man
    Host
    Hi 4tune. BMW Financial Services' July buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 X5 35 Premium with 15,000 miles per year are .00145 and 57%, respectively.

I would be happy to evaluate this deal for you, but it would be much easier for me to do so if you were able to provide me with its selling price first. This will show us how large a dealer discount you are being given. Thanks.

Car_man
    Host
  • eddie_cheneddie_chen Posts: 3
    edited July 2012
    Newbie here. I got an 2013 X5 35i with a 36 month lease/12K miles per year. The MSRP was around 61,000. My monthly lease payment is 850 with no money down and sales tax rolled into the lease. Did I get ripped off or is this standard? A friend said they got the same car for only 700 bucks a month... :(

Btw, I am in the NYC area.
  • ab10000ab10000 Posts: 127
    edited July 2012
    Hi alexanderz
    Can you share the MF and residual, and millage
    Where is the dealer?
  • crihcrih Posts: 1
    Hi
    I'm in Oregon and I'm planning to lease my first BMW. It's my first lease and is hard to know if I'm getting a good deal.
    My terms are :
    2013 X5 Premium with convenience package and BMW applications, 36 months, 15k
    MRSP -$59,945
    Retail price -$57,500
    Trade in -$7500
    Money factor-0.00185
    Residual cost - 57% - $34,168.65
    Capital cost - $51,073 (acquisition$725 and DMV fees-348)
    Monthly-$646.41
    Also I'm asked for a deposit of $1,000 at the time of the order placement...is this same with security deposit?

Overall is this a fair deal?

Thank you
  • ttg911ttg911 Posts: 39
    Hi,

I recently leased a 2012 X5d but have not picked up the car yet. Dealer quoted me $1,049 for 3-year/36K of wheel and tire coverage. I subsequently negotiated the cost down to $900 and I live in Boston where the roads are anything but optimal.

My question is, should I purchase this coverage? I know each tire is +/- $500 to replace and wheels are even more.

Thanks!
    Hi Car_man: here are the exact details of the deal that is on the table. Can you please tell me if its a good deal. Also, plz let me know if the residual, MF, incentives are going to get better in Aug.

2012 X5 diesel
    Premium Package
    Cold Weather Package
    Premium Sound
    Running boards

MSRP: $63645
    Invoice: $59100
    Eco Credits: $4500
    Drive for team USA: $1000
    BMW Loyalty: $750
    BMW Ultimate Drive App: $500 (taken as first month's payment)
    Net Cap Cost: $52850
    Money Factor: .00165
    Payment: $645 (MA tax included)
    Total due at signing: $1644 due at signing (includes only tax title registration
    3 year 36K mile lease

Is this a good deal Car_man. Thank you for your input.
  • eddie_cheneddie_chen Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    In NYC, got this lease for a 2013 X5 35i Premium with Convenience and Cold Weather Package, running boards, 36 months 36K miles:

Purchase Price: 58,310
    Sales Tax: 2,626
    Acq Fee: 725
    Total Capitalized Cost: 61,662
    Residual Value: 36,223
    Money Factor: Unknown - not stated on lease agreement
    Zero Money Down
    Due at signing (1st month + DMV fees): 1,294

Monthly Lease Payment: $847

Thoughts on this lease?
  • snow26snow26 Posts: 24
    What is the Drive for team USA $1000 rebate and how do you qualify?

Also, what is the BMW Ultimate Drive App rebate for $500 and how do you qualify?

Thanks
  • snow26snow26 Posts: 24
    Are there better incentives on a 2012 vs 2013 X5? Factory to dealer cash?

Thanks.
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    We recently signed a deal on a custom order X5D that we are paying cash for and picking up at the Performance Delivery Center. So I can't comment on your lease deal, as we never considered a lease vs. purchase. However, just curious as to your option choices. We found the $1,500 premium sound to be not that much better sound quality than the standard (good) system and with BMW Apps, son't see any value in having Sirius subscription. (Been there, done that with 2 Acura's and a Porsche). Also, we didn't see much value in the Cold Weather package inasmuch as heated front seats are already standard and the ski bag would be useless for us. We live in DC area, but have second home in snow country and still didn't think that rear seat heating was worth getting the CWP.

On other hand, we ordered the sport activity package for the more comfortable sport seats, sport steering wheel and (subjective) better looking 19" wheels. The sport seats alone are worth it to me.

Are you taking a vehicle off the lot, or ordering to your specs and, if the latter, what made you pick the options you chose.
  • i am planning buy x5 sport activity :
    jet back
    black nevada leahter
    dark bambo wood trim
    convenience package
    multi - countour seats
    running board
    destination and handing
    total MSRP : $63295 dearler offer me $58000 ? sound good deal to me ?
  • abmwfanabmwfan Posts: 47
    edited August 2012
    The person you replied to is considering a lease, which means the cost of satellite and premium sound only add a few dollars per month to the lease.

The premium sound didn't sound much better to you because you were listening to default settings. Premium sound is noticeably better if you take the time to understand the system and set it up properly. The no-cost multi-contour seat option with the sport package is a better seating option than the sport seats when your priority is comfort.

The down side to ordering a base vehicle without things like satellite radio and the heated steering wheel that comes with cold-weather package is that it makes the vehicle less desirable and therefore less valuable if you ever trade it in. Especially in the DC area, which has a very competitive luxury vehicle market where people expect a luxury SUV to actually have luxury features.
  • abmwfanabmwfan Posts: 47
    A simple Google search or a look at bmwusa.com website under "Experience" will answer your question.
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    edited August 2012
    I'm not sure how adding $2,250 to the capital cost with premium sound and cold weather packages only adds a "few" dollars to the monthly lease. And, unless I'm mistaken, the multi-contour seats in the x5D are not a no-cost option, but something like $900. Which we tried out and did not like any more than the firmer, side bolster adjustable sport seats. Others may think the incremental $900 is worth it.

As far as your comment on "luxury" expectations, I agree with you to a certain extent. But.....we chose to spend an extra $10-12k over a 2012 MDX "Advance" precisely because of the way the X5D drives and handles. If you want every luxury do-dad, the MDX and Audi Q7 kill the X5, with adaptive cruise control, lane change warning, accident mitigation braking, much better navigation, better sound systems, etc. You can check every box you want on a BMW X5 and you still won't have the latest and greatest luxury or technological features. As such, we decided to check boxes that were important to us, period. And if premium sound is really worth $1,500 to someone else, great. But it's an expensive box that even almost every dealer admitted they wouldn't check, if ordering for themselves. Especially with Apple i-phone connectivity putting a big dent in the value of satellite radio.

FWIW, I sold my 2005 911S last spring that had $13,000 worth of options. I had bought the car off the lot at a $12k discount that made up for some options that I thought were frivolous. Upon resale through a high end independent Porsche shop, the $1,500 upgraded Bose system was worth exactly $0. Navigation and the performance oriented options were probably worth half of what they cost. The next time around, I'll order to my exact specs, get a 5-6% discount off MSRP, and save at least a similar amount by avoiding the boxes that aren't really worth anything to me (or 99% of 2nd owners).
  • gerry70gerry70 Posts: 3
    edited August 2012
    Looking for MF and Residual for August, 36 months and 10k/year. Been quoted 0.00165 and 60%, although others reporting 0.00145 and 57%. Ordered but not signed papers. PCD tentatively mid-September.

Thanks,
    Gerry
    Hi 4tune. BMW FS' August buy rate lease money factor for a 36-month lease of this vehicle is .00145. Make sure that the dealer uses that factor, not 165 to calculate your payment.

Having said that, the selling price that you were quoted, invoice minus all of the available incentives, looks outstanding.

Car_man
    Host
This discussion has been closed.