Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• When I was looking, there were very few 3.0i's in the system. There were more 3.0si's but most were well optioned.

Given that sales were up significantly in June (by about 50% I believe), there may be little inventory on the ground.

John.
  • beninhobeninho Posts: 1
    Just got a Z4 3.0i, 6MT, ZSP, LAXX, Xenon, Metallic for the following terms:

MSRP: $39,620
    Selling Price: $35,000
    Down Payment: $0
    Capped Fees: $825 bank fee + $499 dealer fee
    Adj Capped Cost: $36,324

24 months, 12k miles/year
    Residual: 71%
    MF: 0.00041 (after 7 addtl security deposits, $3,150)

Base Monthly Payment: $367.84
    7% Sales Tax: $25.75
    Total Monthly Payment: $393.59

Does that sounds like as good of a deal as I think? I was pretty happy with it...

Thanks!
    Benni
  • alp8alp8 Posts: 656
    The Z4 seems like a good candidate for assuming someone else's lease. What do you guys think? I'm not sure I want a roadster for the next two-three years, so I am thinking of picking up the last year or so of someone's lease.
  • Hey Car_Man

I just got a quote from a BMW dealer in the NYC area for a Z4 3.0Si. Can yo tell me how this sounds?

MSRP: $46,670
    Down Payment: $2995
    Fees: $677.34 bank fee ($625 bank fee +tax)
    $379.97 first paymt
    $763.74 tax upfront
    $2,800 security deposit

24 months, 10k miles/year
    MF: 0.00001 (after 7 addtl security deposits, $2800)

Base Monthly Payment: $379.97

If I pay the taxes each month instead of up front, it would come out to $414.84 per month.

How does this deal sound?
  • I'm such a klutz,

I forgot to mention that this is for a Z4 3.0Si with premium package, sport package, navigation, Xenon Lights and 6MT

Thanks
  • Hey Car_Man

I just got a quote from a BMW dealer in the NYC area for a Z4 3.0Si (with premium package, sport package, navigation, Xenon Lights and 6MT ). Can you tell me how this sounds?

MSRP: $46,670
    Down Payment: $2995
    Fees: $677.34 bank fee ($625 bank fee +tax)
    $379.97 first paymt
    $763.74 tax upfront
    $2,800 security deposit

24 months, 10k miles/year
    MF: 0.00001 (after 7 addtl security deposits, $2800)

Base Monthly Payment: $379.97

If I pay the taxes each month instead of up front, it would come out to $414.84 per month.

How does this deal sound?
    Wayne: I will check it out, maybe even this afternoon (I have back to back to back meetings, however)

believe it or not, I actually need to buy the Auto, as my back won't let me drive the stick

:-(
  • Ashamed, the auto is so finicky especially in traffic. This car should have a 6 speed, smooth as sik. Wayne
    Is there any reason why I should want a new z4 versus a 2005 versus a 2004?
  • dhanleydhanley Posts: 1,531
    I think it's a great deal, chopstikz.
    Has anyone dealt with the San Mateo dealer? good experience? bad?

I'm leaning toward a lease on an 06

if u guys haven't bought all the good ones!!
  • 06 BMW Z4 3.0Si
    Silver Metallic
    Premium Pkg
    Sport Pkg
    Heated Seats
    Xenon

MSRP 48,070
    Selling price 43,245

MF 00070

12K @ 36months

$1714 Total down

$488/month including taxes.

Suppose to pick up this weekend. Any comments????
  • What's the residual? Otherwise this doesn't sound bad to me.
  • You're right, John. There aren't a lot of Z4s out there right now. Most dealers didn't really have that many of them before BMW introduced this extremely attractive lease program on it. That's why I was so surprised that BMW decided to be so aggressive with its current lease promotion for this car.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi alp8. BMW has an amazing lease program and dealer cash on the 2006 Z4 right now. This promotion is better than most of the lease programs I have seen on this car in the past. Check into assuming someone's lease on one, but you may find that it is less expensive to just lease a brand new one right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi chopstikz. You never mentioned the selling price of the car that you are interested in leasing. This is an important number for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing the price of the car that you want to lease you don't know how good a price you are getting it for. The second reason is that one needs the selling price of a vehicle that they want to lease is that it is necessary to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my thoughts on this deal if you let me know what this car's selling price is.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi Wayne. I am sorry to say that we do not allow community members to advertise their vehicles in these forums. I had to delete your post.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello crush3466. The dealer invoice for the car that you described is around $43,800. So, the price that you were quoted is around $550 below invoice, or $1,445 over invoice once the $2,000 dealer cash that is available on this car is taken into account. I think that the supply of Z4s is getting fairly tight so while I normally would advise you to try to get a larger discount than this you may not be able to. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor for a 36 month lease of an '06 Z4 3.0si is .00050 with the payment of a security deposit at lease signing. At least try to get the dealer that you are working with to use this car's buy rate to calculate its monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Sorry about that, I should have realized that. Wayne.
  • Thanks Car_man!!

I don't have the exact numbers in front of me, but I'll get them when I get home. Right now I'm at $485/month including taxes for 12k @ 36 months with $1711 total due at signing. MF is .00060 They allowed me to ordered the car with the options I wanted. MSRP $48070. Should be here in couple of weeks. LMK what you think.
  • TODAY I AM THINKING ABOUT THIS DEAL 06 Z4 3.0I
    MSRP $43,600
    24 MTHS
    12,000 MILES
    $510/MTH INCLUDING TAX
    IM RETURNING A 04 SO NO DEPOSIT
    ONLY 1ST MTH AND TAG AROUND $700 TO START
    THEY ARE ONLY DISCOUNTING THE CAR ONLY $1800 PLUS THE $2000 INCENTIVE MONEY
    THEY SAY THIS IS A NO MONEY DEAL BUT IT SEEMS THAT THERE IS MORE THAN $1800.. SHOULD I DO BETTER
    ALSO THE CAR IM TURNING IN HAS 4MTHS LEFT ON THE LEASE WITH $500/MTH LEFT
    THEY SAID THAT I SHOULD TELL BMW WHEN I GET THE FINAL BILL THAT I JUST BOUGHT A NEW CAR AND MY WIFES BMW WILL COME OFF LEASE IN JAN.
    AND I WILL BE GETTING ANOTHER BMW THEN. THE DEALERSHIP SAID THAT BMW WILL LET ME OUT OF THE MONEY I WILL OWE THEM. WHAT DO YOU THINK

DO YOU THINK I SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THIS CAR BUT INSTEAD OF 12K MILES MAKE IT 15K MILES AT THE SAME PRICE OF $510/MTH
    THEY WANT ME TO MAKE THE DEAL TOMMORROW BUT IM NOT SO SURE AFTER SEEING THE DEAL THE OTHER PERSON MADE ON THE SI WITH $1700 FOR UNDER $500/MTH
  • Car_Man, here's a simple question: why do manufacturers define lease residuals as a percentage of the sale price? In theory, the residual is what they expect the car to be worth after the lease is over. But the market value of a used car has nothing to do with what the original buyer negotiated for a purchase price. If I buy my car for $40K, and someone else negotiates a better deal on the exact same car for $35K, why should the residuals differ?

Thanks - you provide awesome info!
  • dhanleydhanley Posts: 1,531
    "why do manufacturers define lease residuals as a percentage of the sale price?"

They don't. Your logic is correct; residual is defined as percentage of MSRP, not sale price.
  • vsaxenavsaxena Posts: 201
    First of all do not assume that BMWFS will waive the payments if you are leasing a new BMW. The dealer will tell you anything to sell the car.

I think you can do better than what you have been quoted. I would aim for a puchase price of Invoice - Incentive + $1000 (profit), and the base lease rates. BMW offers the dealers a significant amount of money which is structured differently than the traditional holdback so the dealer is making a lot more than $1000 you are paying over invoice.
  • Hi Car_Man, my dealer quoted me a residual value of 58% for 36mo/10k. Shouldn't it be 36mo/12k at 58% or 36mo/15k at 57%?
  • JUST CAME HOME WITH MY NEW CAR--

MSRP $43,600 IT HAS SPORT AND PERFORMANCE PACKAGE AND AUTOMATIC AND HALOGEN LIGHTS

24 MTHS-- $508 including tax 12,000 miles/year

i also bought the tire and wheel insurance just incase we pop or ruin a wheel. it cost another]$400 so it came out to $526/mth including the policy. i feel that i did pretty good but was wondering if i could have gotten the dealership to come off the $499 dealer fee
    thanks and let me know
  • what was cap cost and how much did you put down payment seems high
  • I ONLY PAID $726 UP FRONT AND THAT INCLUDED THE FIRST MONTH'S PAYMENT AND TAGS. I DIDNT PUT ANY MONEY TOWARDS CAP REDUCTION. IT IS LIKE A NO MONEY DOWN DEAL. I DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO PAY ANY DEPOSIT AS IT WAS MY SECOND CAR I LEASED.
  • addiaddi Posts: 33
    Hello Car_Man:

I am now in the 180 day zone with my 2004 BMW 525i.
    When you get a chance, would you please let me know about
    the following:

24 months = 61%
    30 months = 56%
    36 months = 51%
    The MF for all three above was .00319

Thank you for your info. I appreciate.

Addi.
  • Don't worry about it, BeamerMan. It happens all the time.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum