Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• I meant to say the total initial payment is $855.52
  • Carman,

There is a new 3.0si Lease Program posted on BMW's website for a 39 month,10k per year lease. Can you post the residual value and money factor for this lease?

TIA.
  • Actually, this was finalized on October 31st, 2006.
    So, dealer still made $1200 from the deal when he pretended like he was losing money on this deal.
    I just wanted to know if I paid too much or not. Thank you very much Carman!
  • Hi tnoxid. This car's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. The full MSRP of the car that you described, a 2007 Z4 3.0 roadster with the Sport Pkg., Navigation, and a manual transmission, is $39,895. For now I will assume that you will be able to negotiate a $2,000 discount on this car. Let me know if you want me to assume a different selling price. According to my calculations, if you were to lease this car through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months, with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $450. I personally always advise consumers against making down payments on leases. Those who do, risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. If you were to make a $2,500 capitalized cost reduction on this car, its monthly payment would drop to around $376.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Wow, you're in Hawaii, rogerthomas. I don't think that I want to help you, I was outside shoveling snow yesterday ;) . Of course I'll help. You can lease the Z4 that you are interested in for 24, 36, 39, or 42 months and still take advantage of BMW Financial Services' special lease program. Generally speaking, the shorter your lease is, the higher your lease payment will be.

I see your point about not wanting heated seats :) . Unfortunately, it doesn't really matter whether you want an option that the vehicle you are considering has, the dealer has to pay for it either way. You can try to use the fact that you don't want a particular option to your advantage during negotiations, but I don't think that it will really make a difference.

Unfortunately, the lack of competition in Hawaii does not help your bargaining position any. That's the price that you have to pay for living in paradise :) . What are the selling price and MSRP of the Z4 that you are interested in? these numbers will show me how much of a discount you are being given on it and they will enable me to use BMW's actual lease program to estimate what your payment should be. Let me know and I'll tell you what I think.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Here's the information that you're looking for, anijhaw. BMW Financial Services' February buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2007 Z4 3.0i roadster with 10,000 miles per year are .00150 and 66%, respectively. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Ahhh, this lease was done in October, holoduke. BMW's lease program was different back them than it is now. I don't recall exactly what it was like back then, but it is possible that it was not as attractive as it is right now.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Where do you get these info ?

Thanks,
  • Carman, thank you.

Does this also apply to the Z4 3.0si coupe? If not, can you post the residual and lease factor for a similar term lease for the Z4 coupe?

TIA.
  • Hi Car_man,

I have never leased a vehicle before and don’t know the first thing about it so I am turning to you for some expertise. Your knowledge in answering my questions and any guidance you can add will be greatly appreciated.

I would like to lease a 2007 BMW Z4 Roadster 3.0i with 12,ooo miles per year and an automatic transmission, metallic paint, leather seats, power seats, power top, having a MSRP of $41,740.00. Based on the information I can find, the dealer stands to make about $3,300.00 on the vehicle. Is that accurate? Are they paid a “holdback” or type of reimbursed for selling the car in addition to this?

BMW is currently running a lease promotion, $2,500 down, 39 months, blah, blah, blah. I have read your previous remarks and would prefer not to risk putting any money down, but I’m not sure you can do that with this particular lease deal. Wiuld that be a factor in getting this deal?

I can usually negotiate a very good deal for something like a Jeep or Pontiac (a couple of hundred over Dealer Invoice), but having never bought a BMW so I’m not certain they‘ll go that low. What kind of reduction can I expect to get on this car, and based on what you think is a realistic negotiated sales price, what would my payments be on a 24, 36 and 39 month lease with no money down?

Thank you in advance for your time.

Maggie16
  • Seems there are a few of these vehicles still around on dealer lots and the 07s are selling close to invoice.
  • Just agreed to a new 2007 3.0si Roadster with Silver Metallic Paint, Sports Pckge, Premium Pckge, Heated Seats, and Zenon Lights (MSRP 48,620) for $457 per month including sales tax, $2900 due at signing including sec deposit and first month.

Residual on 39 month 10k per year lease is 66% and money factor was 0.00125.
  • Hey anijhaw. BMW FS' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 55%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • jbooms8jbooms8 Posts: 1
    I'm looking to lease an '07 and I was quoted $569 a month with no money down for the premium package 3.0i. I feel after reading a lot of the posts this guy is giving me the run around. How do I get to him and tell him he needs to come down on his price and let him know I know he's making X amount of dollars on the deal and he needs to give me some off the price? Realistically what should I pay for a deal of this nature?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hi jbooms8. The best way to get a good deal on this car is to shop around. Take a look in the following discussion to get an idea of what sort of price you should pay for the Z4 that you're interested in: "BMW Z4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience". Once you have determined what a good price is for the car that you want, comparison shop with a few dealers and make them firm offers on Z4s that they have in inventory. If no dealer is willing to accept your offer, you may have to come up on your target price a little bit.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • taff67taff67 Posts: 1
    Hello,
    Found a leftover 06 si with an original MSRP of 48K. I am new to leasing, and would like to know what kind of deal I could expect to get on this vehicle? Zero down, 36mo and a lease less that 10K mi a year.
    Thanks for your help!
    I'm here taff67. Unfortunately, BMW Financial Services is no longer leasing 2006 models. If you want to lease this car, you will have to do so through an independent bank...if you can still find one that is leasing 2006 BMWs. If you really want to lease, you would probably be better off leasing a 2007 Z4 at this point. I would be happy to estimate what sort of lease payment you would have to pay on a 2007 Z4 if you provide me with the MSRP and approximate selling price of the model that you would want.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • delferdelfer Posts: 29
    HI Carman!

Is it fair to assume that the 2007 lease prices and deals will look similar to what you have quoted in 2006 for user tnoxid? Reason I ask is I'm pretty much looking to lease exactly the same car he specified as follows:

Hi Car Man,

I'm looking at leasing a 2007 Z4 3.0 Convertible, with the following spec / terms:

Premium
    Sport
    Sat Nav
    15K MPA
    36 Months
    Down Payment $2.5K

I live in S. FL. and I have excellent credit. Although I don't have an actual quote at this time, is it possible to give me an estimate of what a monthly payment might look like on a lease similar to the one I describe above?

Thanks in advance.

Hi tnoxid. This car's lease payment will depend upon what sort of selling price you are able to negotiate on it. The full MSRP of the car that you described, a 2007 Z4 3.0 roadster with the Sport Pkg., Navigation, and a manual transmission, is $39,895. For now I will assume that you will be able to negotiate a $2,000 discount on this car. Let me know if you want me to assume a different selling price. According to my calculations, if you were to lease this car through BMW Financial Services right now for 36 months, with 15,000 miles per year, its zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $450. I personally always advise consumers against making down payments on leases. Those who do, risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. If you were to make a $2,500 capitalized cost reduction on this car, its monthly payment would drop to around $376.
    Hey again CarMan and Will! How are you both? At last, I have fallen in love with the car I wanted, and got a quote from the dealer. I went back to Edmunds to price it out with my preferred options, and interestingly enough, my dealer’s selling price is just about $1,000 above Edmunds’ invoice price.

Here are my car’s specs:
    BMW Z4 3.0si in Jet Black and Red upholstery (no extra $$ for paint)
    Auto trans
    Premium package
    Sports package
    Heated Front seats
    Xenon headlights
    Navigation

He quoted me $48,530, and Edmunds’ TMV for the same specs is at $47,320 – a $1,210 difference!

That said, here are my questions:

1. What should I negotiate down to, for this car?
    2. For BMW’s April numbers, what should I expect my monthly payment to be for a 36 month, 15K miles a year lease?

Thanks for all your help!
  • esfoadesfoad Posts: 210
    Just signed a lease for an '07 3.0Si roadster. Metallic Green with saddle extended leather, nav, premium, xenons, heated seats, automatic trans,and Wind Deflector w/Removable Centerpiece. 10K miles per year, 36 month lease, $0 down, $553 per month. They are also giving me $629 for my last payment on my current vehicle. This right off the initial payment (1st month, sec deposit, doc fee, lic/title). Sound OK?
  • To you financial wizards, please help. I am new to leasing and have never leased a bmw. Here is what I want to get.

2007 3.0si roadster

Titanium Silver Metallic $475
    Packages/Options:
    Sport Package $1,200
    STEPTRONIC Automatic Transmission $1,275
    Premium Package $2,750
    M Sport Seats $500
    Heated Front Seats $500
    Xenon Headlights $700

Total $50,575

I was able to talk down the msrp $2000, so now the total cost of the vehicle is $48,575. IS THERE DEALER CASH AVAILABLE?

The lease structure is
    -0 capital cost reduction
    -NY taxes in payment
    -sec., acquisition fee, title, upfront I'm not sure how much that is

The guy told me 559 month for 36month 10k a year. Now that doesn't sound very good to me. I read that some people were getting their z4's similary priced for 450 a month on the 2006 models.

Can you tell me the money factor and residuals for the 24 and 36 month lease. I just want to pay the least amount for this car. That sounds funny, I am sure everyone does. Please help! I want this car soon and the program will change on Monday, so I locked in the rate already now.(Does that mean if the dealer marked up the rate, I can't negotiate it down if I found out they've been pumping the rate up after locking in with BMW FS?) THANKS AGAIN ALL!
  • expungedexpunged Posts: 4
    Howdy do.

07' Z4 Coupe - 36 Months - 15,000 Miles
    Silver Gray Metalic
    Dream Red Leather
    Premium Package
    Sports Package
    Heated Seats
    M Sport Seats

MSRP - $46,020
    Negotiated discounts - $1524
    Inception Fees - $2600
    Down Payment - $0
    Money Factor - 0.00150
    Residual - 52$
    Monthly - $720 Tax Included

Could be lower? I have been aiming for $680-699 but the dealers wouldn't budge from $719 - $730.

Thanks.
  • expungedexpunged Posts: 4
    dieselzaf - I believe the residual for 10k 24 months is 65% and 57% for 36 months.

Car_man, for 15k 36 months, I am being given a residual of 52% by a dealer, but isnt it 53% ?

Thanks.
  • cocobatcocobat Posts: 2
    Looking at leasing a 2007 Z4M coupe with premium pkg, nav, bmw assist with bluetooth, and heated seats. getting 36 month/15K lease. early negotiations have it at $3000 out of pocket and 750/month. is this a poor/avg/good deal? Thanks
  • wl33wl33 Posts: 4
    I know BMW Financial has a lease payment option called "PrePay", where, as the name would suggest, you pay the entire amount of the lease up front. Supposedly this saves a bit of money, which I'm assuming is the interest.

How does this work? If the car is totalled under a PrePay lease, do I lose the whole amount?

Also, how does credit approval work in this case? Is a credit check even done, or is it treated similar to a cash purchase of the car?
  • donnabgood1donnabgood1 Posts: 39
    Actually, it is HARDER to qualify for a prepay lease..because the bank loses touch with you for 24, 36 months..I have only seen credit scores of above 800 qualify..and a lot can happen during that time when they are not sending you statements every month, so that is why finance companies have strict guidelines on who can qualify.. I personally never understood the attraction of a prepaid lease, other then some people don't like to receive monthly bills...but Easy Pay can take care of that quite handily where BMW debits it out of your bank account every month. Is there a link available why prepaid leases are a bad idea? thought I saw it once on here..if someone could repost that link it would be much appreciated..
    of this:

BMW 2007 3.0SI
    Base Price $42,400.00
    0205 STEPTRONIC Automatic Transmission 1,275.00
    0ZPP Premium Package 2,750.00
    0ZSP Sports Package 1,200.00
    0494 Heated Front Seats 500.00
    0522 Xenon Adaptive Headlights 700.00
    0609 Navigation System 1,800.00
    Destination and Handling 775.00

TOTAL AS EQUIPPED $51,400.00
    SELLING PRICE $48,380.00

Term 36 Months
    Mileage 12,000 /year
    Residual Value $33,410.00

Cash on Delivery $1,010.25
    Monthly Payment $533.76
    Tax (8.25%) $44.03
    Total Mo. Payment $577.79

Here are the specific questions I plan to ask the dealer:

1. What is the breakdown of cash on delivery?
    2. What is the residual factor and money factor for this quote?
    3. Will you accept a $500 over invoice offer or $47,820 versus $48,380?

My questions to you kyfdx, are:

1. For this car this month, can I do better than $500 over invoice? Is it even possible to get the car from under invoice as "fightingchance.com" claims, if I wait until the end of the month?

2. If my offer of $47,820 is accepted, how should that break down as far as:
    a. Amount due at signing
    b. Monthly payments

3. What should the residual and money factor be?

Thank you for your quick response. I am looking to close this deal in the next few days, if possible.
    Hi delfer. BMW's lease program for 2007 models is completely different than it is for 2006 models. In fact, it is no longer providing lease support on '06s. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW Z4 3.0 Convertible with 15,000 miles per year are .00125 and 63%, respectively. You can use this lease program, along with the MSRP and selling price of the car that you are interested in to estimate what your lease payment should be. If you provide me with the pricing data I would be happy to work up a sample lease payment for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey delfer. $1,000 over invoice isn't that bad for a lease of a BMW Z4 heading into top-down season. You already provided me with this car's selling price, so all I need to estimate its monthly payment for you is its MSRP.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hello esfoad. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the Z4 that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum