Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Welcome dieselzaf. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles that are available here at Edmunds.com prior to visiting any dealers: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

BMW is not currently providing any dealer cash on the 2007 Z4. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW Z4 3.0si roadster with 10,000 miles per year are .00125 and 66%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 24 month lease are .00125 and 76%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi expunged. Most of the deals that I have seen have been on Z4 roadsters, not coupes. I'm not sure if the market is much different for the coupe. The dealer invoice for the car that you described is around $42,500. That means that there is a spread of around $3,500 between this car's full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. That puts you at around $2,000 over invoice. I personally would shoot for another $1,000 off and see what happens. You may want to stop by the following discussion to see if any other community members have purchased a Z4 coupe lately and if so how much they paid for it: "BMW Z4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

When you arrive at a price that you are comfortable at, make sure that the dealer that gives it to you uses BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00150 to calculate your monthly payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi expunged. BMW Financial Services' current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2007 BMW Z4 Coupe with 15,000 miles per year are .00150 and 52%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Greetings cocobat. You never mentioned the selling price or MSRP of the car that you are interested in leasing. These are important numbers for you as a consumer to know for two reasons. First, the selling prices of leased vehicles can be negotiated, just as if you were paying cash for them. Without knowing this car's selling price in relation to its MSRP you don't know how much of a discount you are getting on it. The second reason is that one needs the selling price and MSRP, including the destination charge, of a vehicle to calculate its lease payment. I would be more than happy to give you my opinion of this deal if you let me know what these numbers are.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hi wl33. I believe that lessees are entitled to a prorated refund for the unused portion of their pre-paid lease if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered. You definitely should check with the F&I department of the dealership that you are working with or directly with BMW Financial Services to make sure that this is definitely the case before entering this type of lease though. I believe that BMW FS does still run a credit check on consumers who pre-pay leases. In fact, lessees still have to pay interest on pre-paid leases. BMW FS' normal lease money factors are reduced by .00080 for consumers who pay for their entire lease in advance.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
    Hey delfer. The dealer invoice price of the car that you described is $47,320. That puts the selling price that you were quoted at right around $1,000 over invoice, which isn't bad for a convertible heading into prime top-down season. Obviously the $500 over invoice that you are shooting for is better though ;) . I highly that you will be able to get a Z4 for below invoice right now. You still may want to stop by the following discussion to see how much other community members have paid for similar cars lately: "BMW Z4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

Using the prices that you mentioned in your post, an MSRP of $51,400 and a selling price of $48,380, and BMW Financial Services' current lease program, I estimate that your 36 month, 12,000 miles per year zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $498. I used a money factor of .00100 and a residual value of 65% to arrive at this payment. With this deal at lease signing you would have to pay your car's first month's payment of $498, a security deposit of $500, BMW Financial Services' $625 acquisition fee, and any required state taxes or fees.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • esfoadesfoad Posts: 210
    Thanks Car Man. The list is 51,700. The net is 48,500. This is without the wind blocker which was thrown in as a discount off the payment due at delivery along with the $629 last payment on my current lease for a total discount of $970.00. Is this enough information?
  • dieselzafdieselzaf Posts: 8
    I am curious. Who here has gotten or heard of someone getting a z4 3.0si lease at invoice price? Someone here mentioned it a few times.

I am assuming $500 over invoice is a very good price. At invoice just seems nuts to me. Dealers around me all seem to want at least a grand over invoice.

Where do yo guys get your invoice information from. These websites all very in invoice such as edmunds and carsdirect.

Just curious, what is the lowest payment anyone has seen on a z4 3.0si?
  • seekupseekup Posts: 3
    Hi Car_man! Do you know what the money factor and residual would be if I lease a 2006 M roadster? I know you can get a good deal one, but may want to lease it.

Thanks for a great forum. Pam
  • jen4227jen4227 Posts: 2
    CarMan, help! I have been offered the following lease on a 2007 BMW z4 si roadster:

Metallic Stratus Grey
    Black top
    Premium Package
    Steptronic automatic
    Sports Package
    Zenon headlights
    Navigation
    Heated Seats
    M Sport Seats.

24 months/10,000 miles
    MSRP 52375
    $1850 due at signing, for drive off
    $535 a month.

Are there more questions I need to ask. It's Southern California. Is this a good deal? Thanks!!!
  • delferdelfer Posts: 29
    Thanks, CarMan! Interesting that your numbers look lower than what my dealer's telling me. My total drive off's are about what you have quoted, but for some reason, my pre-tax monthly payment is still being computer at $ 525.00 versus $498.00, even if the selling price is $48380. Why the $25 difference per month? That adds up to an unaccounted for $900 over the 3-year lease term.

Can you help me determine where he may be marking up? Thanks so much!
    Hi again, CarMan ... So not only is your lease breakdown better, my dealer also insists $48,380 is $500 over invoice, when to you and me both, it is $1,060 over invoice. Where can he be applying this $560 difference? Dealer profit?

I'd rather do without the $560 difference and pay the pre-tax $498 you recommended above ...
    Hey DieselZaf,

In my case, I've been shopping around. I got the idea of $500 over invoice from someone in the 3-series forums who recommended a dealer that gave him a 328coupe for $500 over invoice no questions asked.

As far as my own research, I am trying to get a z4 3.0si for $500 over invoice which my current dealer is telling me he can do, although the moderators are telling me he is quoting me $1060 over invoice, unless he can justify the $560 difference.

These lease quotes are from the moderators who calculate payments based on invoice pricing and residual and money factor information released by BMW (check bimmerfest.com)

So far, the lowest payment with zero down and about $1500++ drive offs offered to me is $560's. Although my 3.0si has navi, premium_sport, auto trans, heated seats, and xenon headlights.

I hope this helps!
  • jplz4jplz4 Posts: 2
    Carman-

I need some major help with a prospective lease. I'm looking at a 2007 Z4 3.0 manual with the following:

- 2 year/12 miles
    - 0 down
    - sports package
    - xenon
    - metallic paint
    - on board computer

I'm being quoted outrageous rates by my local dealer, and seeing as how I live in Phoenix I don't have many options in terms of shopping around for a better price. Can you possibly provide a better framework? MSRP from edmunds is $39,650. How much over invoice should I be shooting for? $1000.00?

Anyways, thanks in advance for your help. I'm trying to get to about 400-500 dollars a month...possible?
  • cocobatcocobat Posts: 2
    hi Car_man,

The MSRP is $57,995. The destination charge is $775. I think the selling price was around $54,000 but I'm not 100% sure. Thanks
    Hey delfer, are they taxes in in the payment when you say around 560's? thanks
    that is already with taxes ... i can't imagine paying over 600 a month for this car, with all these accessories.

i'm still tempted to try the 328coupe, but i really want a convertible top, with the 3-series' fun things like idrive, navi, and ipod compatibility.

thing is, 3-conv leasing is ridiculous right now. about $900 a month!
    Yea I know, you would have to be retarded to lease a 335i convertible. The prices are in porsche carrera territory. HORRIBLE LEASE!
  • jfryrmanjfryrman Posts: 2
    I have never leased before and was wondering: a)to what extent the down payment is negotiable (the bmw website cites a $2500 down payment as part of its special lease description), and b)exactly what aspects of such a lease are negotiable? Thanks!
  • I was wondering what you thought of this quote:
    2007 Z4 3.0i Silver grey/Black leatherette
    Automatic
    Heated front seats
    Power top
    Xenon headlights

MSRP $40,795

INVOICE COST $38,160

SALE PRICE $38,660

24 MONTH LEASE
    Money factor .00125
    Residual 76%
    $1370 .06 total drive off (includes, 1st payment, License fee, security deposit, documentation fee)
    10,000 miles/year
    $432.89 plus tax = $468.60/month

Do the numbers look right?
  • misterepmisterep Posts: 52
    Spot on....
  • Thanks for your reply misterep..looking to consummate transaction within a day or two.
  • valenvalen Posts: 6
    I hope this is extraordinally great deal!?

3.0i Convertible
    -Jet Blk/ Blk Leatherette
    -6 spd Manual
    -Sport Pkg
    -Xenon lights
    -Power Top
    -Navi
    -Heated seats

MSRP $41,925
    Invoice $39,275
    Docking+ $580

Sale Price $40,370
    36 mos/15,000 miles
    Mth Payment $480(incld tax)
    (I will negotiate down payment as much as possible.)

I try to lock this month lease deal before going up!
    PLEASE let me know if this is the deal?!
    no offense, but this is not a great deal
    Thank you for letting me know. Because of my work I couldn't go to the dealer.

Then my question is what would be a good deal monthly payment.
    I think selling price (invoice + MACO +$500) is okay. Or should I shoot for below the invoice?? SF bay area I live has about ten dealerships so I can shop around.

Also, for 3.0i roadstar with 36/15K what is MF with no cash down but security deposit, and residual value??

This is first time leasing experience and all of your help will be highly appreciated.
    Sorry, all information is showed by Car_Man before.

Base MF for 3.0i: .00125
    Residual: 63%

Adding acquisition fee of $650 to the selling price,
    my monthly payment will be $485 plus tax.
    Am I correct?? :confuse:
    You can talk the msrp down at least $2000.
    Does anyone if there is dealer cash for the month of june? I head last june was $2000!!! Please let me know.
    Right now MSRP is $41,925 and invoice is $39,275 at $2600 off. MACO fee of $580 and acquisition fee of $650 adds up 1,230. So basically 1,370 off from MSRP. Could I negociate this MACO or acqusition fee?
    Thanks for the additional information, esfoad. The car that you described has a spread of nearly $4,000 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. The $3,200 discount that you are being given on it isn't bad. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses BMW Financial Services' buy rate lease money factor of .00100 to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum