Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• I was actually thinking about doing that but i wasnt sure if its possible. If it is, when my lease is up, do i have to transport it back to New York? But from getting the car from New York to Texas, my company's going to pay for it.

The dealer which i spoke about above did not want to negotiate whatsoever... im hoping, if the transporting does work, ill be able to find a more negotable dealership in NY.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 8,019
    You can return it to any BMW center in the USA.

Where in NY are you. Maybe I can help recommend a dealer.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• I live in Douglaston, Queens. Theres a BMW dealership couple blocks away from me, i was planning on dropping by one of these days. Please let me know the Dealer you are talking about, Thank you very much for your help.
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 8,019
    where the dealership is, btu have not heard anything good or bad regarding their pricing. My family has bought BMWs (An '04 X5 3.0iA just turned in, an '05 530iA, an '07 X3 3.0si, and an '07 X5 3.0si) from Wide World of Cars BMW in Spring Valley, NY. It is about an hour drive from you with no traffic.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• According to Edmunds and the BMW site you can lease a 3.oi for $329 per month for 30 months. 2500 down + 350 security deposit and 329 1st month payment = 3179 due at signing. I assume this lease is figured on the base price of the 3.0i of 36,400?

I have found a 3.0i that I am possibly interested in. MSRP of 39,700 and invoice of 36,615. Fair offer would be 36,615 + 1000 - 5500 = 32,115. Would this offer be fair? This is 4285 under base price.

How are they figuring the lease above for 36,400 base at 329 per month?

Also with the sales price 4285 under base what would this do to the lease amounts?

Could I possibly use the 4285 towards the down payment they want of 2500?

I'm totally lost on this. Please help!

Thank you!

Jim
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 31,237
    According to the website, the deal is based on an MSRP of $38,450. The deal probably looks something like this:

$38450 MSRP
    $31875 Selling price (MSRP -$5500 - $1075 discount)
    $30000 CAP cost (selling price - $2500 CCR + $625 acq.fee_
    30 mo./25K lease
    64% Residual
    .00275 MF
    Payment = $329/mo.+tax
    Due at signing = 1st payment, security deposit, $2500 down-payment.

You can structure it without the $2500 CAP cost reduction.. That would raise the monthly payment to about $420/mo.+tax, with 1st payment and security deposit due at signing..

Using your example of $39,700 MSRP, the payment with no CAP cost reduction would be about $440/mo. + tax.. Negotiate a $1000 over invoice deal, and the payment would be about $408/mo.+tax..

The 30 month lease program is very, very good... If you can negotiate a lower selling price, then it becomes a great lease.

regards,
    kyfdx
    Host-Prices Paid Forums

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• Spoke with a new dealer over the phone, this is the price he gave me for the car/options below:

2007 Z4 3.0i
    Manual Transmission
    Premium Pack
    Navi
    LA High Perf Leather
    Sport Pack
    Xenon HID
    Heated Seats
    Met. Paint

24mo./ 12k miles
    MSRP: 46350
    Selling @ 38500 including 5500 Manu-Dealer + Dealer profit. He came up with: $2341 Drive off at $596/mo. including taxes & fees.

Now this deal sounds much better, def. within my ballpark compared to my earlier post with the 3.0si, but of course this vehicle is also a lot cheaper.

The dealer that im talking to now def seems more willing to negotiate, but he did make it clear that he wants to make profits and offered an alternative which was $2600 down @ 585/mo., all in.

What do you think kyrdx? Can you see any way of lowering the cost for this deal? im going to speak with him again tomorrow and get the details on his pricing.
    If it works for you, I'd ask him to price the same deal for 30 months.... Those 30 month residuals seem to be a little stronger than the 24 or 36 month terms...

• Is that a Fair deal tho?
  • Hi

I leased a 2005 Z4 based on advice on this forum and have been very pleased. My 24 month lease is nearly up and I'm considering leasing a new Z4. Can someone help with current lease rates for September '07?

I was able to negotiate about $1k above invoice and will try to do the same again. Will lease for 24 or 36 months based on best rate. I need 10k miles per year.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
  • I would like to lease a Z4 coupe but I haven't seen any lease recommendations for coupes. So:

MSRP 47,000
    Invoice 43,300
    10,000 miles

Could you give me an idea what the lease payments would be around? I am open to any term. Are there any deals for coupes and what are the money factors and residual values. I live in Virginia. I would rather not put any money down.

Thank you.
  • Hello,

I'm looking at leasing the Z4 3.0 si.

-Silver Metallic
    -Manual top
    -6Speed Manual Trans.
    -Sport Package
    -Heated Seats
    -Xenon Lights
    -M Sport Seats

MSRP is $46550
    Using the factory cash they came back with a sale price of $37000 and change.
    $2300 (it close to this forget the actual number) in drive offs with no cap reduction
    $453/Month
    24 Month
    10K miles.

Not sure what the current money factor is on the Z4 and if this is a fair deal or if the dealer is making a bit on the money factor. Had that happen before after negotiating a great deal only to have them bump the money factor to pad their profit. :mad:

Any advise is greatly appreciated. If it sounds like a good deal would like to go get my new ride. :shades:

Thanks,
  • Hello,
    I live in CA LA county and looking at leaseing the Z4 M coupe by end of this month, before the factory incentive goes away. My current lease end at end of year, I heard if you have leased from BMW, you can get the BMW roality discount for your next BMW.Is that true or no?

According to Edmunds website, I have found a Z4 M coupe (base model w/ Metallic Paint) that I am interested in.

Is it possible to get this kind of deal?????

MSRP of 52,350 and invoice of 48,295
    24mo./ 12k miles
    Down payment:2500-3000 drive off
    Monthly payment:550 tax included

what do you guys consider a good deal for Z4 M?

thanks for the help!!!
  • Not sure if anyone is reading this forum. Been almost a month since a moderator posted a reply. Or maybe it just takes a while.

I can be so impatient sometimes. ;) But I also don't want the deal to go away before I can act on it, either cause the car sold or the rebate expired.
  • Z4 sales are off 32% August 07 from aug 06 and down 20% YTD 07 versus 06. The Z4 3.0si is off nearly 54% Aug07 versus Aug 06. A clear testament that the vehicle is over priced and non-competitive with the likes of Porsche, BMW, and Benz.
  • Sounds interesting. Where did you find these numbers?
    Not that I doubt the validity. After all, the dealer is going to extraordinary lengths to sell this car.

After driving both cars, I agree that the Boxster is a better car, but for the true toy that it is, the price is pretty attractive on the Z4. Neither the Boxster or the Z4 are practical cars, so in my opinion it is mostly a toy. Great weekend cars with the top down. The fact that maintenance is included on the BMW should bring the cost to operate the Z4 much lower than the Boxster.

All things being equal I would get the Boxster any day of the week over the Z4. But given the super aggressive pricing and leasing options on the Z4, it makes the BMW a contender.

I would be inclined to say that sales are off more because of the love it or hate it styling rather than the performance. Most people aren't going to track these cars or push them anywhere near the limits.

Also like your statement that the BMW is over priced and non-competitive to the likes of BMW. ;) As for the Benz, they sure look nice, but they are a maintenance nightmare. JD Power rankings appear to back that up (With Porsche being at the top)
  • The sales numbers are posted monthly....

Sorry....I meant to add '335i' as the BMW reference..... :blush:

Interesting enough, BMW sold more M coupes than M verts last month.... close to 2:1
  • Hello all! I'm in deep contemplation over assuming a lease on a z4 (i've never done a lease or assumption before), and could certainly use feedback from anyone here.

The facts:

-2005 z4 with premium/sport package, great condition (no dings/scratches), tires good, etc. We took it over to a dealer and he evaluated the car with me and checked the tires/body/windshield/etc and things look good. He said, as it stands now, there would be no additional charges due to wear/tear.

-27 month lease with 6 months remaining. Currently 16.2k, but lease term is for 27k miles.

-the person who's going to transfer it to me is the 3rd owner and seems like a good guy.

-terms: assume lease, pay 5 months (he covered this month already), half of the lease assumption fee (225 of the 450), and the disposition fee back to bmw when the car is returned to bmw (325). So out of pocket for almost 6 months use (370 *5 + 225 + 325 = 2.4k) is about 400 per month, plus insurance.

What do you guys think? One one hand I'd like to drive a bmw and a convertible (never had either), on the other hand the weather is getting into winter so a convertible isn't quite as great (return it mar 23rd next year). One nice thing is that it's only got 16.2k miles.

Is it a good deal? Second, how do those tires run as far as lifetime. What i mean is, say i put 8k on them, now the car has 24k when i return it, do u think they'll want me to buy new tires?

I appreciate any opinions you guys have on this situation,

Paul
    BMW usually doesn't allow assumptions within the last six months... If you are over the six month window, you might be able to pull it off, but it'll be close..

I'd check on that first..

Colorado? I wouldn't bother...

regards,
    kyfdx

• Yeah, BMW is going to allow the transfer so long as it's completed this week since they had lost the title or something crazy like that. But yeah, I'm aware of the <6month lease transfer limitation and it's fine in my case. What do you think of the rest of the scenario?

Thanks,
    Paul
    Colorado? You won't get much use out of it.. Just when the weather starts getting nice, you'll be out of it...

Plus, if you do have cosmetic issues, or tire problems, you'll only be able to amortize the costs over 5-6 months.. There isn't a big risk, but it is there, nonetheless..

The price looks good.. but, they've had good Z4 lease deals off and on for the last 2-3 years.. I'd look for a lease that has a little longer term remaining (at least so you can drive it in nice weather).

regards,
    kyfdx

• pjo1966pjo1966 Posts: 124
    Has anyone successfully leased a Z4 at the current advertised lease price of $329? It's for a base model with automatic only.

$329 First month's payment
    $2,500 Down payment
    $350 Security deposit
    $3,179 Cash due at signing
  • I ended up buying the Boxster S over the BMW Z4. Even with all that factory money and the super low lease, I still liked the Boxster better to pay the extra money. Sorry BMW, I thought about it seriously, but in the end would have felt like I settled for the Z4. Not that it was a bad car my preference was just for the Boxster all along.

Plus my wife hated it. Said it looked like a Squid. Several others provided comments about the looks of the car that are not suited for this forum. :blush:
  • esfoadesfoad Posts: 210
    My wife and I had a similar discussion between the standard Boxster and the Z4 3.0Si. We chose the BMW because the monthly difference was too great to let go. The difference with similar equipment was almost $200 per month! Now after just hitting 5K miles on the BMW, I have to say it's a great car. However, the Boxster is also wonderful and I understand your choice.

So, best of luck with the Porsche and come back once in a while to give us the true feelings of a Boxster owner who also seriously considered the Z4.
  • Hello voodooist. BMW is currently providing a whopping $6,500 dealer cash on the 2007 Z4 3.0si roadster. Plus the car that you described probably has a spread of around $3,500 between its full MSRP and its dealer invoice price. This gives us a total of $10,000 to play with. You are being given a discount of $9,550 on this car, which is probably equivalent to around $500 over dealer invoice and is a good deal. Just make sure that the dealer you are working with uses BMW FS' current buy rate lease money factor of .00275 (with the payment of a security deposit) to calculate your monthly payment and you're in business.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Hi azndavid. BMW did not pull the plug on the dealer cash that it has been providing on the Z4 in October. In fact, it actually increased its dealer cash on the M coupe to $7,500 and kept the rest of its lease program the same. If you haven't pulled the trigger on this car yet, try to negotiate a selling price that is $6,500 to $7,000 below dealer invoice and then have the dealer that gives you that price calculate your monthly payment using BMW FS' current buy rate lease money factor of .00275.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I hope I didn't give the impression that I didn't like the Z4. I did like it, but my heart was with the Boxster. By the way, I picked up my Boxster S as a Certified Pre Owned. Brand new would have been way too much. I see the Z4's all the time on the road and the look has started to grow on me. But I'm a Porsche guy now. ;)
    So far I love the Boxster. Wife and I have been taking lots of weekend trips, everything fits perfectly in the car. Even with the 19" rims and the low profile rubber the car rides like a dream. My only complaint would be the blind spots when the top is up. Then again I am coming from a 4 door car where looking over my left shoulder looked out the back side window, now it looks into a black top. I never drove the Z4 with the top up so I can't really compare. Thank goodness for heated seats and the wind deflector, with those I can keep the top down almost all the time. Driving last night with the top down on the freeway was no issue at all, even at speeds up in the 90's. I also have to say I really like the fact that I can put the top up or down while the car is moving (up to 30 mph), something I was told the BMW couldn't do. Even in the short time I have had the car it has been great to be able to drop the top on a whim, or raise it while getting a sunburn in slow traffic (note to self, keep a hat and sunscreen in the car at all times ) :shades:
    I think I would have been happy in the Z4 too, and certainly would like the extra money every month, but I had the opportunity to grab the Boxster so I did.

Best wishes to all, I'll keep checking back to hear how people are enjoying their Z4's
  • I also have been cross shopping the Cayman and M Coupe.
    With my preference going to the Cayman.

After driving the BMW then the M Coupe you realize why the Porsche is the better car.

But I digress..I am leaning to the M Coupe for the economics of it.

Carman. Im sort of a lease beginner.
    Im turning my wifes BMW 325i in for a M Coupe 2 months early.

Do you think its possible to put down 1st month and tags and get a payment of $575 including tax for 2 years with current programs?

The car is a tick over $54K I tried a lease calculator but it got me nowhere.

The sticker price is: $54,725
    SELLING PRICE is $44,320
    Here are the two offers I got from the guy:

No money down,$616 a month. 24mo only with 10,000miles per year.

$2500 down, $504 a month. 24mo only with 10,000miles per year.

You great insight is appreciated.
  • A dealer offered $5K down and $580 per month with tax.
    The catch being that $4500 of the down is multiple security deposits which I get back at the end.

Not sure about this...any info about this security deposit issue would greatly help.