Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BMW Z4 Lease Questions

Comments

• You're welcome foxyroxy. Thank you for the kind words :D .

Car_man
    Host
    Smart Shopper / Prices Paid Forums
  • Hi thewyz. Given the fact that BMW is currently providing $4,500 dealer cash on the 2005 Z4 3.0, you should be able to get one for well below dealer invoice. Shoot for $39,000 to $39,500 on the car that you are interested in and see what happens. For additional feedback on how much you should pay for this car, make sure to stop by the following discussion: "BMW Z4: Prices Paid & Buying Experience".

24 months is definitely the way to go when leasing a 2005 Z4 right now. BMW's money factor for that term, .00100, is half of what it is for longer leases. You absolutely should insist that the dealer that you are working with use BMW's buy rate money factor to calculate your car's lease payment. Remember that your factor will be a little higher if you opt to have your security deposit or acquisition fee waived.

Using BMW's base lease program for this car, an MSRP of $47,000 and a selling price of $39,500, I estimate that it should have a 24 month, 12,000 miles per year, zero down, pre-tax monthly payment of around $482.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey thewyz. Not only is the second dealer that you got a quote from marking up your car's money factor quite a bit, but they are also marking-up BMW Financial Services' base acquisition fee by $200. I personally would not do business with them unless they budged on these two items.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks Car_man - that's great information.

I've contacted four dealers in the area (first 4 within 100 miles) and they all insist that the MF and acquisition fee markup is "standard" and that all deallers add to it.

Any advise on how to be more persuasive? Is it possible to deal with BMW finance directly instead of going through the dealer?
  • Car_Man:

Need your help. Looking to lease a Z4 in Oklahoma City. No other dealer within 100 miles. The MSRP is $47,994. They are offering .0014 money factor. Appears they have marked up money factor from other messages. The MSRP is $47994, and agreed to a purchase price $41,494, approx. $2500 under invoice. They are offering $560 per month (after some negotiation) for 24 month lease, 10k per year , with following down; first month ($560), security ($600), tax, title, and license ($1575, OK charges 3.25% use tax on full value of vehicle, whether leased or purchased), for a total of $2675 down at time of purchase.

It sounds to me getting the money factor at .001 would save about $25 - $30 per month. It appears you believe I should get another $1000 off price. That all taken into consideration, what do you think a fair lease is, with the down payment shown above, considering I would have to go to Dallas to deal with another dealer.

Thanks
    Frank
  • vsaxenavsaxena Posts: 201
    BMWFS is not a direct lender so you can not go to them directly. You can get competing quotes from leasecompare.com to get the dealers to reduce their markup.
  • No problem thewyz. Unfortunately, you cannot deal directly through BMW Financial Services. You have to go through a BMW dealer to lease your new Z4. The marking-up of vehicles' lease money factors is not required by BMW. While many dealers mark factors up, if it comes down to selling a car or not selling a car most will do away with the mark-up and use the buy rate money factor to calculate a vehicle's payment.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Frank. The fact that there are no other BMW dealers within 100 miles doesn't help your bargaining position any. As you seem to already be aware, it appears as though there is some money factor mark-up going on with your deal. $2,500 under dealer invoice would be a great deal for a 2005 Z4 2.5i because there is only $2,500 dealer cash on it right now. However, it looks as though you are getting the 3.0L model. BMW is currently providing $4,500 dealer cash on the '05 Z4 3.0i, which means that you are really getting this car for around $2,000 over invoice. I suppose that this isn't bad given the lack of competition in your area, but I have definitely seen better deals on this car.

Car_man
    Host
  • First of all, I would like to thank everyone for their valuable information that we all can learn from......

Secondly, I need some numbers and opinions.......

This is what I want to order -
    2005 Z4 2.5i
    Toledo Blue Metallic (Exterior)
    Beige leather (Interior)
    Light Popular Grain Wood Trim
    Black fully-auto soft-top
    Power front seats
    MANUAL TRANSMISSION
    Wind Deflector

This is the dealer's offer:
    $34,365 plus Tax 6%, New tag retail $250.00, Transfer $150.00, Dealer Fee $379.50, Lemon Law fee $2.00, Tire,Battery fee $6.50. If you Lease there is a Lease Fee of $70.49 to the State of Florida.

Questions:
    1- what amount is the sales tax applied to (cap cost, lease cost, etc.)?
    2- what are the residual values for 36, 39 and 48 month leases? what should money factors be, respectively?
    3-TMV 'What Others are Paying' is $35,106. Is this a good deal?
    Thank you!
  • My apologies for not checking this forum in its entirety... you do not need to post the residuals and money factors again! I found them in a previous message. :blush:
  • HI therose400. I am not personally all that familiar with how sales tax is calculated on leased vehicles in your state, but you may be able to find out additional information on this subject by visiting one of the following sites: Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles or State of Florida Department of Revenue.

BMW just introduced a new lease program for the month of October a few days ago. It is now pushing 30 month leases of the 2005 Z4 instead of 24 month leases. Let me know if you would like me to give you an idea of what the new program is like.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car_Man,

Sure, I'd like to know what the 30 month lease program is about. Thanks!
  • Car_man

My 2003 Z4 (3.0) lease expires 1/06. When my old Z3 lease was up, I leased it again for a second 36 month term, and cut my payments in half. What is your opinion about leasing my Z4 again when this lease expires? Do you have any good suggestions for lease expiration options, other than purchasing the car and keeping/or re-selling or signing up for a new car lease?
  • Hi Carman

Are the lease numbers the same for a 2006 z4 2.5i and is the dealer incentive for the 2006's or just the 2005's

thank you
    baasten
  • bdr127bdr127 Posts: 950
    The 2006 Z4 doesn't start production until January......
  • Here you go, therose400. If you were to lease a 2005 BMW Z4 through BMW Financial Services right now for 30 months with 15,000 miles per year, its buy rate lease money factor and residual value should be .00100 and 59%, respectively. When negotiating a lease on this car, don't forget to take the $3,000 dealer cash that BMW is providing on the 2.5 and that is has on the $5,000 3.0 into account.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi sparkleyes. Whether you should lease your current Z4 again or not depends upon what sort of lease program BMW offers you. If it has an attractive program on used Z4s when your lease is up, you may want to consider leasing your car again. Keep in mind though that it will no longer be covered by its original warranty though. If the lease program is not that attractive, if its purchase option prices is reasonable you can always buy your car at lease end and continue to drive it. If the purchase price is attractive enough a third option would be to purchase your car for less than its current market value and sell it on your own or trade it in for a profit. Lastly, you can always walk away from it.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi baasten. As bdr127 just mentioned, BMW has not started producing 2006 Z4s yet. When they begin to arrive early next year, I highly doubt that BMW will offer any sort of dealer cash on them. It might initially offer a special lease program, but it will be different than the one that is available on the 2005 Z4.

Car_man
    Host
  • When will the 2006 z4 be in showrooms. Anyone know? Currently in a lease with bmw until 12/06. How dioes it work if i wanted to keep leasing the same car until the 2006 z4 model comes in ?
  • I was just at BMW dealership today. I need to decide if this is a good deal over the weekend.

30 mo. lease

MSRP 50,370
    money factor: .00125
    15k miles/year
    residual: 60%
    residual value: 30,222
    cap cost: 43,606
    bank (acquisition fee): 825
    prior lease balance: 1200
    adjusted cap cost: 44,806
    mo. payment 579.91 + tax
    amount due at drive off: 1875 (includes bank fee)

what i'm doing is rolling my last two lease payments into the cap cost and they took off an additional 1200 from the original cap cost bringing it down to 43,606.

are any of these numbers negotiable more? do you think i can get a better cap cost? what do you think invoice price is for the 50k MSRP? thanks